• South Melbourne

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yarra Valley

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
just wait and see. i hope u r willing to eat humble pie...

i will be panther man, but will you stop making these silly statements ?

Fraser, i men't the two's mate, fair share off wins for the twos.

You being harsh on your senior side ? you have already won two more then you won last year, and on the verge off finals.

Go the Reds,

i will be panther man, but will you stop making these silly statements ?

Fraser, i men't the two's mate, fair share off wins for the twos.

You being harsh on your senior side ? you have already won two more then you won last year, and on the verge off finals.

Go the Reds,

MF,

I kinda read into your post that you were talking about the seniors, given the first paragraph referred to SMD knocking off OMs (which did happen in the seniors, but sadly not in the reserves).

Well, when you are sitting 4th after 10 rounds with 5th breathing down your neck and 6th only slightly behind, it suggests there's plenty of work to be done in the next 2 months to earn the right to get promoted. Hence, we keep working our bums off and trying to improve.

The Reds' senior side may've gone from 4/14 in 2007 to 6/4 thus far, but NOBSPC have gone from 3/15 (I think) to 10/0. That's an awesome turnaround and puts our efforts into stark perspective.

As for the 2nds, well we went 11/7 in 2007 and are now 9/1, whereas NOBSPC were 2/16 in '07 and are currently 8/2. Again, a far more impressive turnaround.

MF,

I kinda read into your post that you were talking about the seniors, given the first paragraph referred to SMD knocking off OMs (which did happen in the seniors, but sadly not in the reserves).

Well, when you are sitting 4th after 10 rounds with 5th breathing down your neck and 6th only slightly behind, it suggests there's plenty of work to be done in the next 2 months to earn the right to get promoted. Hence, we keep working our bums off and trying to improve.

The Reds' senior side may've gone from 4/14 in 2007 to 6/4 thus far, but NOBSPC have gone from 3/15 (I think) to 10/0. That's an awesome turnaround and puts our efforts into stark perspective.

As for the 2nds, well we went 11/7 in 2007 and are now 9/1, whereas NOBSPC were 2/16 in '07 and are currently 8/2. Again, a far more impressive turnaround.

Let's not forget both Reds and NOBs went from C-Grade back down to D-Grade, so regardless of the stats, impressive or otherwise, I'd suggest there's little reason for either side to be walking around with half a mung in their pants...

Let's not forget both Reds and NOBs went from C-Grade back down to D-Grade, so regardless of the stats, impressive or otherwise, I'd suggest there's little reason for either side to be walking around with half a mung in their pants...

NOBs would have to be outright favourites to return to C section next year. Who is going with them though? Not sure what purpose its serves to continue harbouring 2007 grudges.

just wait and see. i hope u r willing to eat humble pie...

I'm surprised you're so confident panther man. The form line isn't flash. Bad losses to Fitzroy and South, followed by less than convincing wins against Prahran and Yarra Valley. What makes you so confident? I'm tipping 11 in a row for the NOBS.

Just shows how good we really are. With our better players back, making an impact nothing can stop the panthers now. I called it early the boys didnt let me down. B. Fairbanks to come back in the ones soon and prowse we are back to full strength again and teams better start respecting us or watch out.

A few hiccups but we over that. Just going to get up and running at the pointy end of season. Jump on board the panther train now because its leaving the station leaving the rest of you in its wake.

Rumors have it that David Teasdale for OM was seen at transport in fed square on Saturday night. This boy has changed since his beauy pub days. Keep up the good work david! You’re an inspiration to us all!

Just shows how good we really are. With our better players back, making an impact nothing can stop the panthers now. I called it early the boys didnt let me down. B. Fairbanks to come back in the ones soon and prowse we are back to full strength again and teams better start respecting us or watch out.

A few hiccups but we over that. Just going to get up and running at the pointy end of season. Jump on board the panther train now because its leaving the station leaving the rest of you in its wake.

Geez you speak sh*t. One win doesn't make a season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scribe ............ is there no D1 Reserves thread ? , you should start your own .Then you could talk about win loss ratios in the magoos with all the other people that are under the illusion that reserves footy is about winning.
Try developing players that can potentially play seniors instead of playing those old hack forwards that can only be there to boost your percentage, surely they belong in the clubbies.
If the Reds slide in the second half of the year I'm tipping its because they have a lack of depth which with the reserves on top surely could not be ,could it Fraser ? UNLESS I'M RIGHT and your coaching to win and not to develop the senior list.

Are you serious DOGTOWN? Give the Reds and Scribe a bit of credit where it is due. We get a bit sick of the negative and personal attacks dished out by gutless unknowns.

its not one, its three in a row and this week will make it four.

great game on the weekend to beat nobs they seem to be the yard stick this yr, did they have many out from their usual ones team or were the panthers too good on the home track? whatever the case i wouldn't be counting the chickens before they hatch coz you never know some might end up being rotten...

Are you serious DOGTOWN? Give the Reds and Scribe a bit of credit where it is due. We get a bit sick of the negative and personal attacks dished out by gutless unknowns.

Robin Hood and his band of merry men..... How wrong could you be Dermie ?.It is a cold day in hell before I bag the Reds . All clubs have people who lose sight of their role within the structure of the club.This is not a personal attack , it is a reality check.Frase simply needs to review why he is there.He does a power of work but his role is as a reserves coach and he needs to remember/ understand exactly what that is .

GUTLESS UNKNOWN now that just hurts , many sleepless nights lay ahead over that one.

Try developing players that can potentially play seniors instead of playing those old hack forwards that can only be there to boost your percentage, surely they belong in the clubbies.

Interesting thoughts...... I'd like to know how they can be hacks if they are helping boost percentage. Generally you are kicking goals if you are boosting percentage, which last time i looked was the name of the game.

Who exactly are these "hacks" Dogtown, and who should they be replaced with ?

Scribe ............ is there no D1 Reserves thread ? , you should start your own .Then you could talk about win loss ratios in the magoos with all the other people that are under the illusion that reserves footy is about winning.
If the Reds slide in the second half of the year I'm tipping its because they have a lack of depth which with the reserves on top surely could not be ,could it Fraser ? UNLESS I'M RIGHT and your coaching to win and not to develop the senior list.

pffft... one of the worst posts so far.

DOGTOWN, I hope you realise that jumping onto a forum when you have only just joined and then try to give a spray as useless as the one you typed above to two blokes who do more for the sport than your probable illustrious contribution you have made to the VAFA with your career sweeping the rooms after a game and taking down the goal post pads, highly skilled jobs but your club makes you feel wanted.

Since when do you never coach to win...... and uhhhh especially when finals footy is coming up. Ressies I love to say is about "winning", realising why you should never have had those after work drinks on the Friday night, getting penalised for coming up with the most lame excuse for forgetting about training, because you’re not good enough to play seniors and most of getting around the park having a kick trying to show your best. Senior’s is all about "winning" straight up, with winning comes development, with losing comes development....... Anyhow, let’s see how long this "Newbie" stays around for, he's had his crack hiding behind a forum, expect DOGTOWN to become LOSTDOGTOWN.

That’s all.

Hang On..... Suburb = Coburg, Club = Richmond..... sounds very much like an ex-coach of the Reds. Why the grudge I wonder. Come on Dogtown, enlighten us

...two blokes who do more for the sport than your probable illustrious contribution you have made to the VAFA with your career sweeping the rooms after a game and taking down the goal post pads, highly skilled jobs but your club makes you feel wanted.

Those that sweep the rooms after the game and take down the goal post pads make more of a genuine contribution to club football than half the pests on this forum...

Also, your comment "Since when do you never coach to win..." demonstrates you've a case of football myopia.

great game on the weekend to beat nobs they seem to be the yard stick this yr, did they have many out from their usual ones team or were the panthers too good on the home track? whatever the case i wouldn't be counting the chickens before they hatch coz you never know some might end up being rotten...

In looking at the team that played on the weekend, NOB's had at least 5 of there top 10 players out so it seems they were undermanned. Cant take anything away from a good win by Mentone though.

Any word from the NOB's boys when these blokes will be back (Brady, Cassell, Kweon, Barker, Flanders. these names wernt on the list to play on saturday on the vafa website)

pffft... one of the worst posts so far.

DOGTOWN, I hope you realise that jumping onto a forum when you have only just joined and then try to give a spray as useless as the one you typed above to two blokes who do more for the sport than your probable illustrious contribution you have made to the VAFA with your career sweeping the rooms after a game and taking down the goal post pads, highly skilled jobs but your club makes you feel wanted.

Since when do you never coach to win...... and uhhhh especially when finals footy is coming up. Ressies I love to say is about "winning", realising why you should never have had those after work drinks on the Friday night, getting penalised for coming up with the most lame excuse for forgetting about training, because you’re not good enough to play seniors and most of getting around the park having a kick trying to show your best. Senior’s is all about "winning" straight up, with winning comes development, with losing comes development....... Anyhow, let’s see how long this "Newbie" stays around for, he's had his crack hiding behind a forum, expect DOGTOWN to become LOSTDOGTOWN.

That’s all.

I have been watching/reading with interest the posts on here for some time, and while most of it is light-hearted drivel, I feel compelled to respond to you (and some of your cronies), SurftheWorld. Firstly, you and your "clique" do not own this PUBLIC forum, anyone and everyone is entitled to an opinion, if YOU don't like it, then YOU go away. Secondly, your
derogatory comments on people who sweep the rooms and take down the goal post pads is an utter disgrace, and shows you have little or no understanding of the words "FOOTBALL CLUB". Improvement is needed by you.....

In looking at the team that played on the weekend, NOB's had at least 5 of there top 10 players out so it seems they were undermanned. Cant take anything away from a good win by Mentone though.

Any word from the NOB's boys when these blokes will be back (Brady, Cassell, Kweon, Barker, Flanders. these names wernt on the list to play on saturday on the vafa website)

By saying above you are taking away from the win by mentone.
Could you not say that OM's were in the same boat when they last met NOB's? Many names from OM's Saturday's side did not play against NOBS last time they played and OM's still have a few to return to the side (B. Fairbanks, J. Prowse to name 2.)

Those that sweep the rooms after the game and take down the goal post pads make more of a genuine contribution to club football than half the pests on this forum...

100% agree, and I think DOGTOWN is one of those pests..... What do you do for your club?

Also, your comment "Since when do you never coach to win..." demonstrates you've a case of football myopia.

Well I think it demonstrates that I try to do everything I can for my club to win, why try to develop a team if you dont play to win??? I'm afraid its VAFA football buddy, not AFL. With the turn over of players and poaching of players to paying leagues, when do you find the time to develop a playing list that changes as frequent as the weather. When do you switch off the Development button and press play to win button? Tell me any player in any team that doesnt want to play to win, ressies or seniors. A ressies flag is a very proud contribution to any clubs back wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back