• South Melbourne

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yarra Valley

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough day at the office for the Reds ressies today!!

Plenty of work to be done.

Good to hear...

Sh*t club run by sh*t people with a buch of sh*t blokes playing for them. ex president / goal umpire one of the sh*itest blokes of all time.

Disrespectful pack of big heads who give football clubs a bad name.

true Boris my old mate. Good win at the playing fields.
Very interesting times ahead in D1. No easy games left and plenty can happen over the next 2 weeks.

Pretty handy effort by James Keem to win the goal kicking again. Perhaps Jascave can sift back through the record books to find another player to win the golden boot whilst playing for the bottom side. The bloke is a star - and given the amount of cash that is thrown at him each year by the likes of East Ringwood, Vermont and Ringwood, he is a credit to YV. Well done

Very interesting times ahead in D1. No easy games left and plenty can happen over the next 2 weeks.

Pretty handy effort by James Keem to win the goal kicking again. Perhaps Jascave can sift back through the record books to find another player to win the golden boot whilst playing for the bottom side. The bloke is a star - and given the amount of cash that is thrown at him each year by the likes of East Ringwood, Vermont and Ringwood, he is a credit to YV. Well done

Have to agree!

Massive effort from him, gave Ray from the districts a bath every time he played on him, and big sting doesnt have his colours lowered often.

Good to hear...

Sh*t club run by sh*t people with a buch of sh*t blokes playing for them. ex president / goal umpire one of the sh*itest blokes of all time.

tool

good win by our boys on saturday, definitely could have gone either way but SMD always hard out there so it was good to get the 4 points.

Another loss to NOBS, albeit against a good opposition but surely over 6 weeks having only beaten prahran and YV (just) their confidence is close to shot so close to finals?! They would need to win and win well against SMD and peninsula to believe that they are a chance.

tool

good win by our boys on saturday, definitely could have gone either way but SMD always hard out there so it was good to get the 4 points.

Another loss to NOBS, albeit against a good opposition but surely over 6 weeks having only beaten prahran and YV (just) their confidence is close to shot so close to finals?! They would need to win and win well against SMD and peninsula to believe that they are a chance.

They should bounce back Willy. Good team, good runners, slick ball movement, targets up forward. Will still be there abouts at the end of the season.

Big win by the OM's boys especially in the reserves! reds didnt look like a top side that day and even the umpiring couldnt help them get close... and they dont mind throwing elbows around when everything isnt going there way alot different to the side we played earlier in the year....

Good to hear...

Interesting comments made by somebody who must quite obviously be a reds member, otherwise how could you possibly know those working behind the scenes building a very good community club.

Of course we are all allowed to have our own opinions, but if i had such an ill informed one like this i'd keep it to myself.

Lucky he's not you and we're on and open forum where people can express these opinions you are allowing them to.

Too right it was a good win Willy. Great to watch. A mighty effort against quality opposition at home last week and again this week out at LHO. SMD the best of the also rans this year after a sluggish start to 2008. Some cracking matches left to play too.

Good post Wayne.

All the best to JC who is one of the quality people in amatuer circles, despite the vitriol that some keyboard jockeys with half his talent throw around this site.

From a non-Panther

Congrats on the win on Saturday Derm, well deserved especially with your good self and others missing for BT.

Just a note on the above- well done to Keem indeed, can play- and in recent times two from North have done likewise, with Barks leading the comp last year in C, and in '05 Simon Minton-Connell kicked 80 in B when we won just two games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to hear...

I think this is very tough. They do, however, seem to stir up peoples emotions and certainly are not a very well liked club.
I don't quite know why?

Oggs are on a serious roll and there still appears to be something still wrong at NOBS.

Oggers will take a power of beating when it matters.

Dear D1 Big Footy,

I have been reading this website for a few years & have finally been frustrated enough to register and post a comment.

When we lost to BT in a great contest we had dills slamming our Captain & Coach as soft/sooks which was pathetic (maybe a Fitzroy Reds forward scout ?), then we lost to Fitzroy Reds and were given a fair serve on and off the ground by the Reds players & supporters which we deserved as we were ordinary. We then cop it again by the same imbocile on Big Footy about being soft, then by Fitzroy's reserve coach on Big Footy about our game plan.

I hope to think that any more cheap shots at The OMFC on this site questioning our Captain, our Coach and our game plan by those from The Reds has been put to bed after Saturday.

Our courageous Captain may never play again after showing amazing courage, sustaining a fractured vertebrae in his neck,our coaches out coached the opposition in the seniors & reserves, with the same critiqued game plans,more fool you Reds coaches.

The Red's players behaved disgracefully in both games particularly 71,82 & 45,taking cheap shots,behind play incidents & getting sucked in by the crowd,not to mention their supporters particularly the gentleman in the grey rain coat. If you are going to give it you must be able to cop it.BT & NOB's behaved like men in losses at Keysborough to The Panther.

I hope to think going forward more people can be men like Ugly & the like who make this thread entertaining & spirited, not resorting to pathetic cheap shots and public naming in the worst possible fashion when nothing could be further from the truth,

Get Well JC, we are very proud of you showing tremendous courage and leading from the front as a leader of The Panther.

Spot on.

Been involved with footy for a while and have never experienced such a disrespectful rabble incapable of playing and supporting the game with dignity.

In footy there's lines that are sometimes crossed as a once off and are forgivable. Unfortunately this club from their administrators, to their players, and supporters continually cross these lines and provide their own club with a rubbish name.

Dear D1 Big Footy,

I have been reading this website for a few years & have finally been frustrated enough to register and post a comment.

When we lost to BT in a great contest we had dills slamming our Captain & Coach as soft/sooks which was pathetic (maybe a Fitzroy Reds forward scout ?), then we lost to Fitzroy Reds and were given a fair serve on and off the ground by the Reds players & supporters which we deserved as we were ordinary. We then cop it again by the same imbocile on Big Footy about being soft, then by Fitzroy's reserve coach on Big Footy about our game plan.

I hope to think that any more cheap shots at The OMFC on this site questioning our Captain, our Coach and our game plan by those from The Reds has been put to bed after Saturday.

Our courageous Captain may never play again after showing amazing courage, sustaining a fractured vertebrae in his neck,our coaches out coached the opposition in the seniors & reserves, with the same critiqued game plans,more fool you Reds coaches.

The Red's players behaved disgracefully in both games particularly 71,82 & 45,taking cheap shots,behind play incidents & getting sucked in by the crowd,not to mention their supporters particularly the gentleman in the grey rain coat. If you are going to give it you must be able to cop it.BT & NOB's behaved like men in losses at Keysborough to The Panther.

I hope to think going forward more people can be men like Ugly & the like who make this thread entertaining & spirited, not resorting to pathetic cheap shots and public naming in the worst possible fashion when nothing could be further from the truth,

Get Well JC, we are very proud of you showing tremendous courage and leading from the front as a leader of The Panther.

Must have really upset you Wayne! Hope JC is on the mend. Personally, never had any problems with the Reds players and enjoy playing them and their contribution to this thread. Unfortunatly, can not say the same for OMFC with the way their supporters carry on behind the goals at home. As you say, "if you are going to give it you must be able to cop it". By the way, you seem just a little insincere/hypocritical when you criticise public naming, after already identifying different Red's players, and claiming to have outcoached the opposition. Wishing you and straight sets McGee all the best,
JAK

As a reds player I've never seen any issues.
I wasn't there on the w/end so I can't comment on what happened and can't for the life of me think who are the players named.

Can someone with a cool head tell the rest of us what happened or should we just believe what was written?

it was 4th vs 5th with finals on the line. good tough game, with a bit of push and shove.
wiltshire even got in amongst it before his pasty body broke out in bruises.....

you get supporters behind the goals at all clubs, its great knowing that our ressies actually hang around and support. probably makes the forwards work that little bit harder.
one redman took it a bit too far by standing 2metres from our 3/4 time huddle and causing a stir. Whether he thought this would put us off and help reds or if he was actually upset at some of the banter behind the goals i dunno. fair nob tho.

it was 4th vs 5th with finals on the line. good tough game, with a bit of push and shove.
wiltshire even got in amongst it before his pasty body broke out in bruises.....

you get supporters behind the goals at all clubs, its great knowing that our ressies actually hang around and support. probably makes the forwards work that little bit harder.
one redman took it a bit too far by standing 2metres from our 3/4 time huddle and causing a stir. Whether he thought this would put us off and help reds or if he was actually upset at some of the banter behind the goals i dunno. fair nob tho.

Doesn't sound too bad, happens at every club, every week.

If someone went on the ground and wanted to fight a player I'll understand the nob call, but thats nothing.

Dear D1 Big Footy,

Interesting post here Wayne.

As the aforementioned Reds reserves coach, I think you may find I only queried what the OMs guys were doing in rd 7 because it seemed many of the OM attacks were directed around the boundaries, trying to maintain possession, as opposed to through the middle where contested footy was the norm.

On the weekend you guys were clearly working through the corridor better and played with greater confidence. Must say, as most half decent analysts of playing lists alone (or keen followers of BF since the start of the season) would attest, the injection of about 8 or 9 quality senior players missing in the early rounds has assisted in you guys running 8 from 9 and being without doubt the form team of the competition in both seniors and reserves.

I find it both sad and baffling that you would post this material about the Reds. Perhaps you don't have a strong connection with the club, or are more comfortable posting under the cloak of anonymity in such a manner. I can only presume you are simply a spectator, given I shared a post-match beer with your senior coach, secretary, reserves captain and VC, vice-president, past president and U19 team manager and congratulated all and sundry on 2 well deserved, and hard earned wins. All the guys I spoke to were good blokes and wished us the best for the rest of the year (be it 2 weeks or more). The senior match was one of the more physical and entertaining games of footy I've played in over the 17 year journey, and my poor shoulders can attest to that (Memo Dermie - they'll be fine by Saturday). Just gutted that we couldn't close that gap in the final term.

JC's accidental collision (he was chasing a ball with his head down and ran into 2 Reds players who pulled up in an attempt to avoid the collision) was very unfortunate and my thoughts go out to him for a safe and speedy recovery. I trust all the Reds players and staff would join me in this sentiment. No-one, and I repeat, no-one would wish this on anyone, and I must say I did cast my eyes over to the MICA Ambulance taking him away in the final term on several occasions and hoped he would be OK.

As for players #71 (Dan Clark), #82 (Tim Davis) and #45 (Dave Lee), well Dan played his usual physical game as any good country boy would but I fear you're way off the mark with the other two. TD is a former club captain, VAFA State VC, almost entered the catholic ministry and just finished assisting in organising World Youth day for the 500,000-odd pilgrims who attended Sydney 2 weeks ago. He is as peaceful and fair a man as I've encountered in 280-odd games in this league. Dave played CHB in the reserves, so you've clearly got your wires crossed.

Agreed - the earlier game was a disaster for us. Thank goodness we're still a decent chance of finishing in the top 2 and avoiding a re-match against what was a very polished Panther unit. If we end up facing off at Central Reserve in 3 weeks' time, I promise it will be a more even affair, and we will hopefully be bolstered with a few handy inclusions.

Perhaps you should re-read your post and consider whether it's a fair and honest assessment of one of the better quality footballing afternoons the VAFA has seen this year? I certainly left the ground thinking it was a great game of footy played in the sort of spirit the VAFA can, and should, be proud of.

As for the next few weeks and what it holds, I wish you good luck :thumbsu: (unless we play you in the finals ;))

Regards

Fraser

I'm a bit like Wayne Fuller...just not full of it...
BTW where is his post. But here goes:

I find it absolutely absurd that Wayne can bag other clubs when OMs themselves are as bad or actually the worst. Quite hypocritical indeed. For example I saw and heard an OMs supporter show/teach his young kids to bag the opposition and there they were (6-10year olds) saying things like "you're crap mate, you suck you loser". Great way to bring up the kids. Every club has supporters that try to put off the opposition, and OMs are probably the worst with their supporters hanging around with a pack mentality and curse players when in groups and a frosty in the hand. It could be that OMs have little man syndrome with Old Haileyburys across the road. OMs are by far the dirtiest and crappest bunch of blokes in the league. Other clubs are all fair and hard at the ball and good clubs, especially NOBS, Bulleen and OGGs.:thumbsu:
Fitzroy and SMD and YV are ok.
Prahran and Aquinas and Peninsula sometimes ok
OMs = thugs and mugs :thumbsdown:

And according to Hyphen:
Lucky he's not you and we're on and open forum where people can express these opinions you are allowing them to.
thats just my opinion.

I'm a bit like Wayne Fuller...just not full of it...
BTW where is his post. But here goes:

I find it absolutely absurd that Wayne can bag other clubs when OMs themselves are as bad or actually the worst. Quite hypocritical indeed. For example I saw and heard an OMs supporter show/teach his young kids to bag the opposition and there they were (6-10year olds) saying things like "you're crap mate, you suck you loser". Great way to bring up the kids. Every club has supporters that try to put off the opposition, and OMs are probably the worst with their supporters hanging around with a pack mentality and curse players when in groups and a frosty in the hand. It could be that OMs have little man syndrome with Old Haileyburys across the road. OMs are by far the dirtiest and crappest bunch of blokes in the league. Other clubs are all fair and hard at the ball and good clubs, especially NOBS, Bulleen and OGGs.:thumbsu:
Fitzroy and SMD and YV are ok.
Prahran and Aquinas and Peninsula sometimes ok
OMs = thugs and mugs :thumbsdown:

And according to Hyphen:

thats just my opinion.

i would have thought that sums up what OM are about, dunno where your coming from with the rest of it or if anyone else agrees with you.

Top 5 positions on ladder and matches for last 2 rounds:

BT 13Wins 139.10% (play Fit, YV)
Nobs 12Wins 122,99% (play SM, Pen)
OG 11Wins 126,89% (play Aqu, Fit)
OM 11Wins 110.24% (play Pra, SM)
Fit 10Wins 111.0% (play BT,OG)

IMO, I think the top four positions will remain in that order. Would be huge effort if Fitzroy could pull something off and change this order around.

This would mean BT plays Nobs and OGs play OM in first week of finals.
OGs and OMs are 1 all and BT and Nobs are also 1 all from their encounters this year.

Good luck to all!

Top 5 positions on ladder and matches for last 2 rounds:

BT 13Wins 139.10% (play Fit, YV)
Nobs 12Wins 122,99% (play SM, Pen)
OG 11Wins 126,89% (play Aqu, Fit)
OM 11Wins 110.24% (play Pra, SM)
Fit 10Wins 111.0% (play BT,OG)

IMO, I think the top four positions will remain in that order. Would be huge effort if Fitzroy could pull something off and change this order around.

This would mean BT plays Nobs and OGs play OM in first week of finals.
OGs and OMs are 1 all and BT and Nobs are also 1 all from their encounters this year.

Good luck to all!

OGs and OMs will continue there good form this weekend. NOBS and BT should also win to lock in the top 4 going into the last round, although SthM and Fitz won't be easy beats. Will be interesting to see how NOBS goes this week. Have they still got all those players out that they claimed 6 or 7 weeks ago when they dropped their first game or have they just forgotten how to win?

OGs and OMs will continue there good form this weekend. NOBS and BT should also win to lock in the top 4 going into the last round, although SthM and Fitz won't be easy beats. Will be interesting to see how NOBS goes this week. Have they still got all those players out that they claimed 6 or 7 weeks ago when they dropped their first game or have they just forgotten how to win?
Big game at Aquinas this week,Aquinas keen 2 avoid relegation must win game, should be a beauty, look out Geelong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back