• South Melbourne

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yarra Valley

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you blokes put so much thought and effort into pumping up reserve football?

Nobody - except you gents - really care!

Have you stood back and actually watched a reserves game this year - absolutey terrible.

In an average VAFA club season, only 12-15 players at any given club would managed to avoid playing reserves or below. I reckon magoos footy is experienced by probably 50% of most clubs' playing lists every year.

dont try and deflect attention to the reserves.....

so he had a go at his players? questioned their attitude and commitment and they responded with a 1 goal to 12 last half?
perhaps your not revealing all that happened.....and all is definitely not well out at NOBS

Interestingly, I did hear the same type of stories after the game last week from a few nobs officials.

I hear the coach's ego is bigger than the teams!

In an average VAFA club season, only 12-15 players at any given club would managed to avoid playing reserves or below. I reckon magoos footy is experienced by probably 50% of most clubs' playing lists every year.

I'm sure you're figures are correct, but my point is, compared to the senior grade, the coverage given to the reserves is excessive.

Are all you guys on here reserves players?

I'm sure you're figures are correct, but my point is, compared to the senior grade, the coverage given to the reserves is excessive.

Are all you guys on here reserves players?

To my knowledge, most of the posters on here play seniors, or at least a few senior games here and there. ;) There are also coaches, presidents, team managers, etc.

Reserves footy probably lends itself to more light hearted postings and discussion. The fact a couple of teams' reserves coaches spend way too much time reading and posting is probably another factor. :D

To my knowledge, most of the posters on here play seniors, or at least a few senior games here and there. ;) There are also coaches, presidents, team managers, etc.

Reserves footy probably lends itself to more light hearted postings and discussion. The fact a couple of teams' reserves coaches spend way too much time reading and posting is probably another factor. :D

Who?

i would argue not enought time.

Harper has just been plain lazy for the last 2 weeks.

Who?

i would argue not enought time.

Harper has just been plain lazy for the last 2 weeks.

Sparkles, some homework for you before tomorrow's big game. Please write an essay, in your own words, on the difference between lazy and busy. If Gerard Voss decides to grade it above a "B" then we'll do our best to keep you in a position you prefer. Lower than a "B" then bring some warm clothes tomorrow, it will get cold on the bench!

Speaking of the SMD magoos, I have it on good authority that a former premiership #5 will play his first game in a while against the two blues tomorrow and if no more ships dock today his brother should be available as well.

Exciting stuff in reserve grade footy.

SMD will also be looking at having their U18 side up and running next year under lights on Fridays

Who would be that #5?

Interestingly, I did hear the same type of stories after the game last week from a few nobs officials.

I hear the coach's ego is bigger than the teams!

there is no doubt Cameo King II isn't letting on to the full state of things at NOBS.
you would hope it doesnt have a negative impact on the team. however, there are obviously players playing for NOBS that dont respect the coach.
this came out on saturday in a BIG way....no need for "conspiracy theories and much raking" that facts speak for themselves....

Well beating the out of form NOBS this week might test your theory.

Just make sure you guys don't drop any games you shouldn't.

I would think you'll have a time on your hands trying to beat NOBS this week. We caught them off guard last week, i'd expect them to come out firing after the dabacle their coach made of last week.

there is no doubt Cameo King II isn't letting on to the full state of things at NOBS.
you would hope it doesnt have a negative impact on the team. however, there are obviously players playing for NOBS that dont respect the coach.
this came out on saturday in a BIG way....no need for "conspiracy theories and much raking" that facts speak for themselves....

Very interesting to log onto big footy for the first time in a week and see all the talk about NOBs and their coach...
after talking to a few of the boys down there, the coach is not the issue, its just a mid winter slump that happens to alot of clubs. You cant fire for that long without a few hiccups.
The coach is the last nobs premiership coach and has been a great asset for many years as president and now as a coach...therefore VERY respected.

In regards to the sheehan/evans clash...sheehan for me as i here he has gone bananas on the speed ball this season...massive shoulders.

Tight affair at BSO this afternoon saw the home side regain the RedNOB Cup after butchering a 27 point lead 10 minutes into the final term. Final scores 10.15.75 to 11.5.71.

No doubt NOBSPC will look to the return of Brady, Spurling and probably Stribley who all played in their impressive reserves' win. With Tonkin also assisting from the sidelines, they definitely are working with less than their best onball unit.

Also not good to see Scotty Sleep carrying a groin injury, and being outrun by the only bloke on the park older than him :D - would've been frustrating for this club legend. Get well Sleepy, look after those agates! :thumbsu:

Race for finals is now most likely down to 5 with the Two Blues pretty much sealing the Districts' fate. Not aware of the other results as I didn't get an email from the VAFA (obviously having the weekend off along with the top sections! :mad:) but you'd expect regulation wins to B-T, OMs and OGs will tighten the ladder up considerably.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BT won by about 14 goals against the Pirates. Helped by a big last term. Pirates battled hard all day.

NO results in paper or on the net. Hang your heads VAFA. Surely this is a slap in the face to D grade and below.

Based on post from Scribe, the results where:

Reds beat Nobs
Prahran beat South
BT beat Pirates

Anyone know the other results?

BT won by about 14 goals against the Pirates. Helped by a big last term. Pirates battled hard all day.

NO results in paper or on the net. Hang your heads VAFA. Surely this is a slap in the face to D grade and below.

Reds beat Nobs
Prahran beat South
BT beat Prahran

Betcha we still get a fine for entering our scores late due to our computer going down.

can confirm Prahran by 9 goals after a 7 goal to 1 last quarter

Two Blues by 81 points in the early game

Betcha we still get a fine for entering our scores late due to our computer going down.

can confirm Prahran by 9 goals after a 7 goal to 1 last quarter

Two Blues by 81 points in the early game

Mentone beat Aquinas by 28pts,tight game Mentone just to good on the day.Aquinas once again very competitive but not able to get over the line.

Reds beat Nobs
Prahran beat South
BT beat Pirates

Come on Deano, you're better than that. Think back to when you first started playing.... the internet was just an idea. Website scores have been late once before this season (in C Section anyway) and the scores are in today's Sun. Eager to see your boys on top of the tree, I presume?:thumbsu:

I'm expecting big things now your boys have got their act together on a consistent basis. OMs/BT Grand Final for mine.

Geez aren't we allowed one bad game?! Geelong were very, very good and we had a bad day. Not much more to it really. The coach gave a spray as we were struggling, not unusual I'd have thought? It wasn't a matter of not responding, don't undersell how good Geelong were. We did infact respond and were good early in the 3rd term, but they kicked a couple against the play that broke the back cue opening of floodgates.

There's nothing to reveal and nothing sinister happened. From someone at the club all is well, but everyone is entitled to an opinion so you can worry about the conspiracy theories and muck-raking and I'll look forward to the RedNOB cup at Brunswick St tomorrow and stop responding to fabrications!

How bout 3 out of 4 bad games? are they still conspiracy theories CKII?

Come on Deano, you're better than that. Think back to when you first started playing.... the internet was just an idea. Website scores have been late once before this season (in C Section anyway) and the scores are in today's Sun. Eager to see your boys on top of the tree, I presume?:thumbsu:

I'm expecting big things now your boys have got their act together on a consistent basis. OMs/BT Grand Final for mine.

Mick. Back in the old days all you needed to do was call the ammo hot line.....

How bout 3 out of 4 bad games? are they still conspiracy theories CKII?

Credit where due though - I wouldn't suggest losing to Reds at BSO by 4 points constitutes a bad performance, an ordinary one for sure, but not a bad one. Falling 100 points short at the same venue? Yeah that'd be a bad one. :p

What I did notice was when NOBSPC got the first of their 4 straight goals (Crook kicked it I think), there was little, if any noise, or enthusiasm.

They'd switched Mick Barker into defence, where he stood on a 5' 9" (decoy:D) small forward for about 7 minutes. So I just tried to push wide and take him out of the equation. I thought if they were going to roll the dice, then Barks should've stayed up forward, even though Jimmy O'Reilly had started to get on top of him.

Having sad that, they got on a good roll with 4 straight centre clearances, and edged to within 3 points before we kicked a steadier and dropped anchor. Still, throughout this time, I figured they would've got more and more energetic, but seemed strangely flat.

It is rare that any side in VAFA competition can stay 'up' for 5 straight months. So if its through a combination of a few key senior leaders missing and just some waning of enthusiasm, I reckon provided they finish top 2 (which they still would be expected to do), NOBSPC will be in reasonable shape going into finals. They've got a pretty easy final month ahead, and should get back into form against the battling teams.

Will be a very intersting last month of footy with 3 teams fighting for 2 finals spots. Should be some ripper games in the run home.

OMs - OG (A), Fitz (H), Pra (H), SM (A)
OG - OM (H), SM (A), Aqu (A), Fitz (H)
Fitz - Pra (H), OM (A), BT (H), OG (A)

Plenty of footy to be played between now and Round 18, but that OG vs Fitz clash could be a belter!

Scribe the voice of reason! Exactly sides can't be up for a whole season, and D1 is so even that if you're slightly off your game any side can beat another side.

Note Scribe with the way Tim Brady carried on after kicking the sealer in the early game, he'll bring plenty of enthusiasm to the table with his return this week.

And the result was clear, Bob Sheehan > Hank Evans.

Will be a very intersting last month of footy with 3 teams fighting for 2 finals spots. Should be some ripper games in the run home.

Plenty of footy to be played between now and Round 18, but that OG vs Fitz clash could be a belter!

We'll be hoping the South lads return to their stellar form of the weekend before last, despite having only a very slight chance of making finals. If they can knock off OMs and OGGs for us, that'd be totally awesome.

CKII - I missed Brady's celebration, but no doubt he's the sort of player whose energy the senior side will feed off with his imminent return this week. Bob Sheehan played a very solid game in defence, and clearly must've slipped something into Friday night's stirfry to put Hank off his game. Now he has 2 matches under his belt, Evo may well return to his familiar CHB role in the next month. We know we're a better team with Evo using his sublime skills to set up attacks as opposed to finishing them off, and we learnt a lot about ourselves from the weekend's loss.

I'm assuming you're suggesting these are the 3 fighting for the last 2 spots? NOBS' current form would suggest they're no certainty to make it. Having said that, I wouldn't think the top 4 will change. Perhaps positions inside the 4 might, but not the 4 teams in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back