D2 D2 Ammos 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also attended the Werribee intra club, and whilst they did move the ball well, It is worth noting that both teams were having the game played the way they wanted: free flowing and high scoring. We know that this is Werribee's strength, but I will be interested to see how they go when they play agaisnt good defensive opposition.

New recruits to note are CHF Fastuca, who I believe played at Geelong West in the GFL last year, and FF Giarusso, who looks lazy but has good hands on a lead.
There was a Giarusso @ Craigieburn in EDFL...must have the cheque book out down Werribee way

Do you mean Jason Fastuca? Big signing if it is..

Jason Fastuca
League:GEELONG & DISTRICT FL
Team:Werribee Centrals FC
Years Involved with club:9

Commitment, Capable & Clubman
Jason since joining us in 1998 has been the clubs most decorated player in our history. Three times League Best & Fairest in the Geelong District Football League, once runner up in this award by a vote, two times VCFL representative player, club best & fairest player and four time premiership player and captain of the senior for past five years with Centrals. He came to the club as a young player and has grown into a champion in our club and league. He has also become an integral part of our senior player group assisting with senior coaching and training but also going to the Junior teams and assisting them as a senior player should but does not always do. He is always the first to ensure he is at fund raising events and be part of making sure everyone else does as well. Jason is also a sponsor of the club now as he has become part of the Werribee Centrals culture. Being a club that is becoming younger each year we have chosen Jason as he represents the current face of the club and a person everyone would recognise at this time.

Or is it Ross Fastuca from Geelong West St Peters sports club who are in the GFL??

Or is it Ross Fastuca from Geelong West St Peters sports club who are in the GFL??

I was at the game as well, and it is definately Ross Fastuca, from Geelong West. However I did see Jason in action for Werribee Centrals in a praccy vs OW last week. Hes not what he once was, but he still gets heaps of it.

The Giarusso talked about is Dean Giarusso and he has played mostly in Werribee Centrals twos for the past couple fo year. The kid can kick a goal though.

I was at the game as well, and it is definately Ross Fastuca, from Geelong West. However I did see Jason in action for Werribee Centrals in a praccy vs OW last week. Hes not what he once was, but he still gets heaps of it.

The Giarusso talked about is Dean Giarusso and he has played mostly in Werribee Centrals twos for the past couple fo year. The kid can kick a goal though.

G'day Akka - have you guys sobered up yet?

Will be good to have another yak throughout this season - will be interesting to see how the two sides from D3 last year adopt moving up a grade?

Cheers, Chump.

any1 been down 2 see werribee train a certain m. palmington lookin very fit... if his dodgy heart-string holds up he may be a clear fave 4 the b&f.

Ok then knackers, why don't we change the subject. What are people thoughts on the goalkicking and league b&f results this year. Anyone got some early predictions?

Nothing against werribee by all means wit my comments as well. There obviously the team to beat. One question on Werribee actually, a few years back they had a gun ruckman Schembri? i know he did his knee, is he still around? he was a gun!

League B&F;
Dan Madden (Therry)
Cam Armstrong (StMarys/Salesian)

Goal Kicking;
J.Horsborough (OW) if he plays fwd all year.

Nothing against werribee by all means wit my comments as well. There obviously the team to beat. One question on Werribee actually, a few years back they had a gun ruckman Schembri? i know he did his knee, is he still around? he was a gun!

League B&F;
Dan Madden (Therry)
Cam Armstrong (StMarys/Salesian)

Goal Kicking;
J.Horsborough (OW) if he plays fwd all year.
dan madden not playing this year due to knee reco last year!

Paul Cheevers was the stand out player last year for South.

Robertson deserves to be favorite

Also look out for C Massis from Glen Eira. Has won a C grade B&F and has had a good pre season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matty Palmington B&f
Cameron Lee to win goal Kicking if he plays up forward all year.
Werribee to Win Flag

Is Paul Chalmers Still playing at Old Westbourne??

Matty Palmington B&f
Cameron Lee to win goal Kicking if he plays up forward all year.
Werribee to Win Flag

Is Paul Chalmers Still playing at Old Westbourne??
TT your a tool. From past experience,umpires look at the same players one year to next as they have their favorites as they talk to each other. Very hard for some good players to get votes as umpires don't know who they are. As a regular at vote count night there are some very strange votes given, e.g. player gets 3 votes and played 1 quarter for losing side.

Ok then knackers, why don't we change the subject. What are people thoughts on the goalkicking and league b&f results this year. Anyone got some early predictions?

Goalkicking - Akif Jeka (OW). Has been burning on the track.
B&F - Grant Connors (OW) - Big last quarters get you votes.

Werribee clear premiership favourites for mine. Have they managed to pick up any big blokes to compliment the Lee bros up forward?

Agree that Werribee will be the clear standouts during the home and away season. Well drilled, young and fast they will have some big wins, particularly at home, this season.

In saying that though, they are the hghest graded team never to win a senior flag and when the going gets tough these guys have a habit of taking the gas. Can they break the drought this year? I don't think so.

Watch out D2, here come O W. Talking themselves up again! Will flood this forum.
Anyhow, they don't kick to Jeka, happier to be haveing a shot, over his head. Fact.

Don't worry about OW - they will do very, very well.

Jeka will get his fair share of shots at it, but I don't feel he will top the goal kickers. Horsbourgh more likely from this line up, with Hutton a very good forward also.

The big thing about OW is they don't rely on just one or two..........watch out D2!!

Goalkicking - Akif Jeka (OW). Has been burning on the track.
B&F - Grant Connors (OW) - Big last quarters get you votes.

Gee, talking up a ex WRFL Division 1 reserves player formerly from Spotty. If he wins the goalkicking the standard of footy would have to be terrible.

Is Fab Gatti still coaching Westbourne??? Could be interesting when they play Werribee as he didn't leave Werribee on good terms after coaching the 19's and then not getting the senior job the following year.

Could be interesting.......................

So they tell me an eye opened upon the giant today................be very,very quiet, shhhhhhh, or the flutter may well become a roar.

Is it true............ what they tell me............. that the Giant has healed from the inside............... say it, say it is so.

I heard a rumour that OW got flogged on Sunday by Ocean Grove. Does anyone know what sort of team they fielded? Surely they can't have been full strength?

I heard a rumour that OW got flogged on Sunday by Ocean Grove. Does anyone know what sort of team they fielded? Surely they can't have been full strength?

The team OW took down to Ocean Grove yesterday i guess would have more accurately represented a combination of half reserves & half seniors side.

I didn't actually make it down to watch the game so i can't really comment on how good a standard the game was or if it was a flogging, but I called one of the boys last night to see how they fared he reckons they got rolled by about 6-7 goals, wasn't 100% sure because they didn't use the scoreboard.

There were approx 10 of last years seniors players that were either unavailable of resting some niggling injuries some of which were pretty handy players - arguably their 4 key forwards, Jeka, Horsburgh, Hutton & Collins, arguably their 3 best backmen Hunter, Lever & Balloch, plus midfielder Paul 'CK' Chalmers to name a few. I think that if a few more of these fella's were able to play the score might have been a little closer.

In saying that though i'm sure that Ocean Grove have had quite a few in the same boat, unavailable/injured, but the boys that played will be better for the hitout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back