D2 D2 Ammos 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Practice matches are just that, practice. Wouldn't take any notice what so ever about the scoreline or how they played. What is important is if any injuries occur. Most sides are experimenting at this time of year. Werribee's praccy against Albanvale saw some of the 2's players in the 1's which they acquitted themselves fairly well. Was bloody hot and only played 10 minutes in last quarter.

I don't think you can really take much out of a praccy game unless its against someone who is in a relatively similar division as you are.

Getting flogged by a team that might be a few divisions higher than you does not mean that you are in for a shit season.

Looking forward to the season starting soon!

Nothing against werribee by all means wit my comments as well. There obviously the team to beat. One question on Werribee actually, a few years back they had a gun ruckman Schembri? i know he did his knee, is he still around? he was a gun!

League B&F;
Dan Madden (Therry)
Cam Armstrong (StMarys/Salesian)

Goal Kicking;
J.Horsborough (OW) if he plays fwd all year.
its gunna be hard to win it from the coaches box lol

I heard a rumour that OW got flogged on Sunday by Ocean Grove. Does anyone know what sort of team they fielded? Surely they can't have been full strength?

Only had six of last year's premiership team playing.

Regardless of how many blokes were available given it was 40 degrees yesterday I wouldn't read too much into the result.

Gee, talking up a ex WRFL Division 1 reserves player formerly from Spotty. If he wins the goalkicking the standard of footy would have to be terrible.

Is Fab Gatti still coaching Westbourne??? Could be interesting when they play Werribee as he didn't leave Werribee on good terms after coaching the 19's and then not getting the senior job the following year.

Could be interesting.......................

Sorry if the footy is not up to your high standards Juddy. Don't worry about AJ, three knee recos later and he's still going strong.

Incorrect also regarding Fab. His youngest son still plays for Werribee and he's not the type to hold ill feeling towards an old club.

St Mary's / Salesian had their pre-season camp on the weekend down at Phillip Island. Some pretty hard work was done by all, including a triathlon and the infamous sand dunes at Cape Woollami. The bonding at the Isle of White was also pretty hard work!! Two practice matches coming up vs Fitzroy Reds and Old Geelong should be good hitouts for us and give an opportunity to get the sides right for round 1!!!

Only had six of last year's premiership team playing.

Regardless of how many blokes were available given it was 40 degrees yesterday I wouldn't read too much into the result.
Heard it on the grape vine that a Werribee great has jumped ship to coach the club 18's at Old Westbourne. Can anyone comfirm? If so, it is a major coup as he could be the next big thing in coaching. Werribee have let another one slip through their fingers!!

We have talked a little about recruits this year, but what about retirements and losses??

I have heard from a reliable source that OW have lost their premiership CHF, CHB and Centremen, and that Werribee have lost their FF in Trav Ryan. Are there any other big name players not returning to D2 football this year?

We have talked a little about recruits this year, but what about retirements and losses??

I have heard from a reliable source that OW have lost their premiership CHF, CHB and Centremen, and that Werribee have lost their FF in Trav Ryan. Are there any other big name players not returning to D2 football this year?

Our CHB, Leon 'Platters' Fairfield hung up the boots after last years premiership success & Nick Smith was the onballer in question, Nick moved away for work & to coach footy up in NSW.

Not to sure who the CHF your talking about is though, Chris Hudson is again on Werribee's VFL list & he played in the premiership side & would be more than capable of holding down CHF but he just slotted into the forward pocket on GF day due to injury.

These fella's are all very, very good footballers, last year Platters played the full season and was very good but Huddo only played 5 games & Smithy probably about half the year due to injury, so i guess it's probably the CHB position that will hurt us the most.

In saying that their is some new faces around the club & i'm confident that with a few of the new recruits and some of the younger boys coming up from the U19's as well as a little restructuring of certain players we'll again have a reasonable year.

Where has Trav Ryan gone?

word is glen eira looking very strong this year,some big pick ups tall strong side with all the usual suspects still playing,massis,bongo,diamond,alex...should be a good comp in d2 this year,the eira had 10.2 on the board on sunday before elsternwick had even crossed the centre line.

Heard it on the grape vine that a Werribee great has jumped ship to coach the club 18's at Old Westbourne. Can anyone comfirm? If so, it is a major coup as he could be the next big thing in coaching. Werribee have let another one slip through their fingers!!
one man band its not like Werribee too let go great players hay lol.....I hear your on the Old Westbourne ship to mate can you comfirm.....Werribee lose there big name's all the time never can keep them eg(sponsor's)......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

one man band its not like Werribee too let go great players hay lol.....I hear your on the Old Westbourne ship to mate can you comfirm.....Werribee lose there big name's all the time never can keep them eg(sponsor's)......
In regards to losing players I can't recall losing any GREAT players. Werribee does not pay any player as opposed to other "Ammo" clubs. So if a player gets offered coin from another club and wants to go its a bit hard to retain them. We play solely for the club and our mates. In regards to sponsors I reckon YOU got a great deal. I will be calling on you shortly

In regards to losing players I can't recall losing any GREAT players. Werribee does not pay any player as opposed to other "Ammo" clubs. So if a player gets offered coin from another club and wants to go its a bit hard to retain them. We play solely for the club and our mates. In regards to sponsors I reckon YOU got a great deal. I will be calling on you shortly

I very highly doubt anyone is getting any coin under the table in D2, maybe in A section you might get a couple of clubs offering "benefits" but definately not in D2...

Most of the players playing D2 are playing for the jumper - either because thats where they've played most of their junior/senior footy or because they want to play footy with their mates, I know of a few players in D2 that can go and get some coin in other leagues but to them, its the jumper they play for that matters!

Every player that has Werribee jumper on is a great player in one way or another so you can't say that Ammo's have never lost GREAT PLAYERS.......Yeah i got a great deal cos no one could ****ed looking for any sponsors apart from NICK AND ITSA....The tigers club got on borad and got there balls licked thats how i saw it.....I tryed to help the footy club out but nothing out of it, now i haved moved on too a bigger and better club......the fish rots at the head the club needs a clean of the borad is what werribee needs the wrong people are in place too move the club forward

Every player that has Werribee jumper on is a great player in one way or another so you can't say that Ammo's have never lost GREAT PLAYERS.......Yeah i got a great deal cos no one could ****ed looking for any sponsors apart from NICK AND ITSA....The tigers club got on borad and got there balls licked thats how i saw it.....I tryed to help the footy club out but nothing out of it, now i haved moved on too a bigger and better club......the fish rots at the head the club needs a clean of the borad is what werribee needs the wrong people are in place too move the club forward

Could you please get me an interpreter. I can't understand a bloody word of that garble!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you believe that the wrong people are running the club why don't you give up your precious and valuable time and run for the board rather than bag the one's that are there

I very highly doubt anyone is getting any coin under the table in D2, maybe in A section you might get a couple of clubs offering "benefits" but definately not in D2...

Most of the players playing D2 are playing for the jumper - either because thats where they've played most of their junior/senior footy or because they want to play footy with their mates, I know of a few players in D2 that can go and get some coin in other leagues but to them, its the jumper they play for that matters!
You got to be joking. VAFA is currently investigating clubs about this whole issue. I have been told by a high profile coach how players get their credit card paid off or an extension to a house or use of motor vehicles or reduced fees to private schools for their children etc etc.

If you believe that the wrong people are running the club why don't you give up your precious and valuable time and run for the board rather than bag the one's that are there
hahahahaha bag i was telling the truth.....will this lock me out of werribee games now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back