D2 D2 Ammos 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope they are not long term injuries Black Mamba?

Who is most dangerous for Banyule if you had to name 1?

No, they're not injuries.... Both of them had other commitments over the weekend. I'm pretty sure we have one of them back this week, and the other the next.

Banyule have a good midfielder, #1. You can't miss him. Tall, blonde, and just looks like a real footballer. Saying that, he wasn't overly damaging...just seemed like none of our guys wanted to man up on him.
I think it was #6 who was good too... He was a good forward pocket who got a lot of sneaky goals...

No, they're not injuries.... Both of them had other commitments over the weekend. I'm pretty sure we have one of them back this week, and the other the next.

Banyule have a good midfielder, #1. You can't miss him. Tall, blonde, and just looks like a real footballer. Saying that, he wasn't overly damaging...just seemed like none of our guys wanted to man up on him.
I think it was #6 who was good too... He was a good forward pocket who got a lot of sneaky goals...

Yeah we know about Braddy, Black Mamba. He uses the ball well - may be their captain this year

I don't disagree that players need to show umpires respect and that they're prone to errors, but i have to agree with West in regards to SOME umpires not all, are ridiculously applying the 'zero tolerance policy'. If a player wants dispute a decicion or uses bad language, penalizing this is acceptable, however you cannot even ask the question these days as the umpire pays a 25.

I've already seen umpires this season pay 25's against players who have not uttered a word at the decision and have stood the mark with their hands in the air & either rolled their eyes, laughed or shook their head and a 25 has been paid. Surely footy hasn't come to this.

Again you're not seeing it from their perspective. They've been told to enforce a 'zero tolerance policy'. As an individual I'm sure you don't appreciate any of the above actions towards an error you may have made. It's the human element and unfortunately for too long players, coaches & supporters have got away with abusing the men in white. Subsequently, the powers that be have instructed the umpires to enforce this policy. I'm sure if you take time to chat with the umpires they'll agree that they're not entirely convinced this is the correct approach, but that's not for them to decide.

Again you're not seeing it from their perspective. They've been told to enforce a 'zero tolerance policy'. As an individual I'm sure you don't appreciate any of the above actions towards an error you may have made. It's the human element and unfortunately for too long players, coaches & supporters have got away with abusing the men in white. Subsequently, the powers that be have instructed the umpires to enforce this policy. I'm sure if you take time to chat with the umpires they'll agree that they're not entirely convinced this is the correct approach, but that's not for them to decide.

Yawn - I think you'll find that consistency/bias is the key in relation to the umpiring on this forum.

The general view is that the umpires varying personal interpretation on the "Zero Tolerance" ruling is not within the best interests of the game and has further divided any type of "mateship" formed between player and umpire.

Umpires are there to be neutral party and ensure that the game flows freely without interferance.

There are some umpires (not all - and this is taken well into account) within the fraternity that decide that they should become involved within the course of the game. It is not within their position of power that they should directly influence the result or the course of the game.

Yawn - I think you'll find that consistency/bias is the key in relation to the umpiring on this forum.

The general view is that the umpires varying personal interpretation on the "Zero Tolerance" ruling is not within the best interests of the game and has further divided any type of "mateship" formed between player and umpire.

Umpires are there to be neutral party and ensure that the game flows freely without interferance.

There are some umpires (not all - and this is taken well into account) within the fraternity that decide that they should become involved within the course of the game. It is not within their position of power that they should directly influence the result or the course of the game.

The umps are fine especially when you see the ressies umpire bias that goes around - SMD last year (sorry Harps) and Old Westbourne this year - terrible

The 1's umps are gold compared to the above two so no point complaining.

The umps are fine especially when you see the ressies umpire bias that goes around - SMD last year (sorry Harps) and Old Westbourne this year - terrible

The 2's umps are supplied by the competing clubs. The 1's are supplied by the VAFA. If you want to umpire the 2's the only requirement is you go to a 2hour session at VAFA headquarters and you will be registered as an umpire.
Well said Shight as you had first hand insight last night:D:D:D:D

Mick i have done my fair share of umpiring and admittedly it is not an easy job, however there is 'enforcing the zero tolerance policy' and there is 'common sense'.

The 2's umps are supplied by the competing clubs. The 1's are supplied by the VAFA. If you want to umpire the 2's the only requirement is you go to a 2hour session at VAFA headquarters and you will be registered as an umpire.
Well said Shight as you had first hand insight last night:D:D:D:D

Thanks nipples.

Mick i have done my fair share of umpiring and admittedly it is not an easy job, however there is 'enforcing the zero tolerance policy' and there is 'common sense'.
Spot on Scribe. If they just spoke to players to calm the emotion I'm sure the players would respond. If they don't THEN penalise them. It's bad enough in the AFL where the umps want to part of the game. Umps are there to officiate and not be noticed.
Bloody great stuff 2 weeks in and the umps are getting caned already. Gotta love it:D:D

T Ryan got basically 3 weeks for swearing... yet Tom McNamara, Hampton Rovers. Striking, 2 matches.

umpires are turning into a joke. If they want respect then they should be able to take a bit of criticism and questioning. Lets be honest.. they are having to much influence on the game.

Guys at this level just want to play footy and getting rubbed out for swearing is stupid. The club should get fined and let the club deal with the players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

T Ryan got basically 3 weeks for swearing... yet Tom McNamara, Hampton Rovers. Striking, 2 matches.

umpires are turning into a joke. If they want respect then they should be able to take a bit of criticism and questioning. Lets be honest.. they are having to much influence on the game.

Guys at this level just want to play footy and getting rubbed out for swearing is stupid. The club should get fined and let the club deal with the players.

I just read that Trav got 3 weeks for swearing. That is an absolute disgrace. when have words hurt more than a punch to the head? Trav will next time, instead of arguing, will show his frustration out by punching the guy standing next to him. that way it is a lesser penalty and everyone will know he is frustrated.

UMPIRES NEED TO KNOW THE LESS WE KNOW ABOUT THEM THE BETTER THE JOB THEY ARE DOING. GET OUT OF IT YOU MAGGOTS

Chumps Tips - RD 3

Werribee over OP's - 27 points - don't think OP's are too far off the pace, but the boys out west look good early doors.

Ivanhoe by 2 points over GE - always good, hard, physical games when we play each other and we need to bounce back.

OW over St Marys/S - 24 points. The 'new look' team at OW will start to settle a little and kick into stride to be one of the best in D2 for mind.

Bentleigh over Therry - 14 points and agree with Drifter the loser in a very poor position after three rounds.

ESL over Bayule in and upset. I liked the look of ESL last week and think that if the forwards can click and the on ballers match the intensity in the middle - then they will be well in it against the Bears. ESL - 10 points.

Final tip of the week - don't swear lads - Zero Tolerance ;)

Chump

Once again I go into to bat for squid, when will opposition clubs get it! Squid has enforced the audible obscenity rule to letter of the law from day dot as with most rules (i will agree that most of his games are OVER umpired) but he pays it BOTH WAYS! While I understand your frustration I could write a book on decisions that haven't gone my way, Drifter, time to build a bridge mate, get the F%$K over it.

On a more positive note, for those who haven't seen The Ammo Show on the VAFA website regular BF posters Scribe and I are hosting it and will be reporting on A-C sections weekly and rotating the D sections each week. Next week it's D2 so we're looking for any newsworthy items. We film it on Tuesday arvo so please PM either of us with your news otherwise we'll just have to resort to the info on BF, from Jono Healy or make stuff up.

In terms of language and swearing, the umpires are really enforcing the new rules.

Four players got sent of during the Banyule v. Bent game at all different stages of the game.

The umpire conducted himself very well.

Good luck to all this weekend.

The rules as stated are
Yellow card used only for audible obscenity. 12 minutes off ground. Player can be replaced
Red card minor reportable offense. 12 minutes off. Cannot be replaced till after 12minutes.
Black card for serious offences only. Player does not come back on field. Can be replaced after 12 minutes
Regarding zero tolerance. First offense to the umpire i.e. swearing,insulting,threatening etc.- free kick. 2nd time by same player -free kick plus 25 metres. 3rd time red carded.
So the message is clear SHUT YOUR MOUTH

The rules as stated are
Yellow card used only for audible obscenity. 12 minutes off ground. Player can be replaced
Red card minor reportable offense. 12 minutes off. Cannot be replaced till after 12minutes.
Black card for serious offences only. Player does not come back on field. Can be replaced after 12 minutes
Regarding zero tolerance. First offense to the umpire i.e. swearing,insulting,threatening etc.- free kick. 2nd time by same player -free kick plus 25 metres. 3rd time red carded.
So the message is clear SHUT YOUR MOUTH
West your the best

Haha....go Tommy...(He's an old mate of mine)...
Judging by his size, he wouldn't be able to land a punch that would merit more than 2 weeks suspension.... :)

In terms of language and swearing, the umpires are really enforcing the new rules.

Four players got sent of during the Banyule v. Bent game at all different stages of the game.

The umpire conducted himself very well.
The umpire also missed about 5 haymakers being thrown, and for about 20 seconds, was unaware of a brawl going on in the forward line.
Yeah, they've gotta be strict on swearing....but NOT if it means they're less focused on the safety of the players.

Words never physically hurt anyone.... fists have... They should worry about that before anything else.

Not a great start, 2 out of 5 (last year started with 0 out of 5 from memory!!)

This week:
OP just over OW
Ivanhoe also just over ESL
Banyule just over Bentleigh
SMS again, just over Glen Eira
Werribee easily over Therry
Clearly I'm no expert but at least I'm consistent (2/5 again last week).

Tmw
OW over SMS
Bentleigh over TP
Werribee over OP
Ivanhoe over Glen Eira
ESL over Banyule

OW to beat SMS by 40
Bentleigh in a tight one over TP - 4 points
Werribee easily over OP - 55 points
Glen Eira to beat Ivanhoe - 15 points
ESL over Banyule by 3 goals

Saw a bit of Young last week for OP. Was very impressed. Is it true he is only 17?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back