D2 D2 Ammos 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another close one for Glen Eira this week drifter, but this time on the other side of 4 points.

Interesting to see 2 sides 1 and 1 both with exactly 100%. What happens their, are we equal 4th or does it then go down to lowest score against? Would be interesting to see something like that after the last round.

I couldnt take the stress Glen Eira provides - guess it has evened up already..

Not sure re: 100% - surely the head to head results would count if that was the year end ladder???? but actually dont know

The result I took most notice of was OW hitting back against Parade. OW are pretty good - underestimating them would be a big mistake.

Heard you have some seriously big units down at GE Game on - saw Ryan Clark last season but are there a couple more???

Heard you have some seriously big units down at GE Game on - saw Ryan Clark last season but are there a couple more???

Yes, Clark kicked 5 on the weekend. Should have had 6 as he missed a set shot from the goal square! We have really struggled in the big man department over the last 10 years, but with 2 tall inclusions throughout the pre season and our 2006 club B&F ruckman back from a injury prone 07 things are looking alot taller around the place.

Guess you'll have to wait and see until May 10 at Packer.

I couldnt take the stress Glen Eira provides - guess it has evened up already..

Not sure re: 100% - surely the head to head results would count if that was the year end ladder???? but actually dont know

The result I took most notice of was OW hitting back against Parade. OW are pretty good - underestimating them would be a big mistake.

They do have a couple of big units thats for sure!
Good bunch of guys as well.

Yes, Clark kicked 5 on the weekend. Should have had 6 as he missed a set shot from the goal square! We have really struggled in the big man department over the last 10 years, but with 2 tall inclusions throughout the pre season and our 2006 club B&F ruckman back from a injury prone 07 things are looking alot taller around the place.

Guess you'll have to wait and see until May 10 at Packer.

Is Sheeds back from that shokcing injury against Salesian last year??

Is Sheeds back from that shokcing injury against Salesian last year??

I dont think Sheeds will be back Drifter. Was planning retirement before he did the ankle anyway. Having said that though, the ankle/leg is ok and he was spotted doing some laps and a little ball work the other night.

Knackers last report I got Sat night was that he was doing ok. Will have to get an update on Tuesday. Massive hit to his head and was not surprised he stayed down for that long! BTW please thank all your boys who helped with that situation, our club was greatful and only hope that all clubs, including ours would do the same thing.

Knackers why dont you and Mah Mah Mah raid the Clubbies and promote the Forer brothers to the 1's??

Believe me there is a few in there if they wanted could step in and play 1s;) Like most sides with clubbies, some are happy running around there.

Doesnt sound all bad, finished by 1.30 and then on the cans:thumbsu:

gameon - no probs at all good to hear on the mend.

Was at the Werribee game on the weekend. Not too hard to realise was happened there, an absolute shlacking!! The Werribee twos were good again as expected, especially number 48? Giarusso at FF, kicked about 10, marked and kicked well all day. With Trav Ryan yellow carded and reported surely Giarusso is a likely call up next week??

Was at the Werribee game on the weekend. Not too hard to realise was happened there, an absolute shlacking!! The Werribee twos were good again as expected, especially number 48? Giarusso at FF, kicked about 10, marked and kicked well all day. With Trav Ryan yellow carded and reported surely Giarusso is a likely call up next week??

Come on people - give us something

Where is everyone in D2?

Im bored - here are my Round 3 tips

Werribee to slick for OP - should match OW's effort with a little interest
Werribee by 50 points

Glen Eira at home too much for an Ivanhoe unit thats gives 100% for 4 qtrs and must be respected. Glen Eira too big, experienced and tough at Packer Park. GE by 30 points (sorry Chump)

OW are definitely a contender in D2. Something not quite right at SMS - they have heaps of talent and will be ultra desperate. I have to tip a winner in another real tight match - They just have to win - Salesian by 12 points

Bentleigh at Therry - loser in early trouble Im afraid. Will Robertson be back this week. I think Bentleigh have some good talent - dont know if Therry can match it. Bentleigh to get on the board - 31 pts

Finally my boys travel out to face a flying Banyule outfit in both 1's and 2's. They are kicking some big scores - can we shut them down. Im confident we'll give a yelp agst strong opposition. St Leos by 15 pts

Come on people - give us something

Where is everyone in D2?

Im bored - here are my Round 3 tips

Werribee to slick for OP - should match OW's effort with a little interest
Werribee by 50 points

Glen Eira at home too much for an Ivanhoe unit thats gives 100% for 4 qtrs and must be respected. Glen Eira too big, experienced and tough at Packer Park. GE by 30 points (sorry Chump)

OW are definitely a contender in D2. Something not quite right at SMS - they have heaps of talent and will be ultra desperate. I have to tip a winner in another real tight match - They just have to win - Salesian by 12 points

Bentleigh at Therry - loser in early trouble Im afraid. Will Robertson be back this week. I think Bentleigh have some good talent - dont know if Therry can match it. Bentleigh to get on the board - 31 pts

Finally my boys travel out to face a flying Banyule outfit in both 1's and 2's. They are kicking some big scores - can we shut them down. Im confident we'll give a yelp agst strong opposition. St Leos by 15 pts

Saw the game at Bennetswood on the weekend Drifter. I agree with u -- a very scrappy game. From all accounts Ivanhoe are pretty undermanned at the moment with injuries. With a few more to come back, they will definitely be competitive in d2.

Saw the game at Bennetswood on the weekend Drifter. I agree with u -- a very scrappy game. From all accounts Ivanhoe are pretty undermanned at the moment with injuries. With a few more to come back, they will definitely be competitive in d2.

Yeah I heard and think the same re: Ivanhoe

It was like a scrum all game - thought we would shake them after half time but ended up getting outscored in the 4th to their credit.

Very poor incident in the ressies by the way - No 52 for Ivanhoe deserves a fortnight holiday

G'day Buddy,

I agree, pretty scrappy game - skills were not great at all, but a little pressure on the ball carrier does that to you early in the season.

ESL will be there abouts, have some very good forwards and smaller guys through the middle. They have a good attack on the ball and work hard at every contest. That sort of footy will win them plenty of games at home, where they play that ground very, very well.

Another observation would be - I don't know how long you can get away with a 7 or 8 or 9 or 10 man backline to try and free up a guy to cover a major forward, but it was an interesting ploy on the weekend - that worked because we were stupid - If teams start to lower their vision and hit up other targets it could cause a few headaches to that game plan.

Don't worry about us being undermanned - we played poorly, did not take our chances and NEED to do better than that if we want to get some respect. At times all clubs will find themselves without their best team on the park - but that's footy. We were simply outplayed on the weekend , so we have to suck it up.

Enjoyed the beers after the game with the ESL guys - as it was warm and footy can be thirsty work!

Chump.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

G'day Buddy,

Another observation would be - I don't know how long you can get away with a 7 or 8 or 9 or 10 man backline to try and free up a guy to cover a major forward, but it was an interesting ploy on the weekend - that worked because we were stupid - If teams start to lower their vision and hit up other targets it could cause a few headaches to that game plan.

Hey Chump - fair comments

Believe me it was unusual for us to play a loose man back - our limited knowledge of yourselves pointed towards stopping your full forward and we stuck to the plan.

Nothing more than that - prob wont employ that tactic too much this year

Thanks for staying for the beer - I won the slab raffle so pretty happy with that:D

Anyone want to discuss the Ammos rather than Country footy??

Banyule are flying - anyone from Bentleigh notice much about them
Yeah, I'm from Bentleigh. Banyule WERE good on the weekend.
It was a combination of us switching off and them turning it on after half time. We just couldn't get it forward, and were killed out of the middle.

Didn't help having our two best players out, and another two being sent off for swearing.... which is fair enough IF its consistent throughout the match.
However some players could loudly drop the F-bomb right in front of the ump and get away with it, while others could be sent off with it barely being audible.:confused:

Still, the umpire did alright considering the circumstances (he'd gone for an 8km jog in the morning, and the other umpire didn't turn up to the game)

Yeah, I'm from Bentleigh. Banyule WERE good on the weekend.
It was a combination of us switching off and them turning it on after half time. We just couldn't get it forward, and were killed out of the middle.

Didn't help having our two best players out, and another two being sent off for swearing.... which is fair enough IF its consistent throughout the match.
However some players could loudly drop the F-bomb right in front of the ump and get away with it, while others could be sent off with it barely being audible.:confused:

Still, the umpire did alright considering the circumstances (he'd gone for an 8km jog in the morning, and the other umpire didn't turn up to the game)

Hope they are not long term injuries Black Mamba?

Who is most dangerous for Banyule if you had to name 1?

what has Trav Ryan done now?

I believe Travis was booked for swearing but it seemed to have come from the boundary line... umpires back was turned and he guessed. Same umpire was nowhere to be found when number 5 had Trav by the neck, i would have thought that was a bit more serious...

Not in todays footy shooter. Umpires 'feelings' are far more important than and little love tap here and there.

Not in todays footy shooter. Umpires 'feelings' are far more important than and little love tap here and there.
Can tell you that the umps on Sat kept saying through the game "zero tolerance, zero tolerance" so DO NOT say a word because these guys are so far up themselves that they are not human. You can't even ask what the free was for as they take offense. I am only talking about our game on Sat. Hope all the umps aren't the same or there will be a lot of players getting so upset that they will say things that will get them reported.

Can tell you that the umps on Sat kept saying through the game "zero tolerance, zero tolerance" so DO NOT say a word because these guys are so far up themselves that they are not human. You can't even ask what the free was for as they take offense. I am only talking about our game on Sat. Hope all the umps aren't the same or there will be a lot of players getting so upset that they will say things that will get them reported.

It's a bit of a penalty to miss a game or 2 through talking back to the ump's, I think Sharp from Bentleigh would know this all to well. What happens to reports like this in the AFL? Would players get suspended or fined?

I would say they get fined. Therefore the VAFA should fine clubs for bad player behavior towards umpires, a little like the melee fine system.

It's pretty simple. Start showing them respect. They're out there doing a job and trying to ply their trade. They can't be held accountable for the rule makers. They're just there to interpret them. We're all human and prone to errors. When you people learn to accept that, the better off you'll be. They need to be able to enjoy the game as well. Constant abuse leads to the dilemma we now face with having to provide club umpires - all of whom I'm sure aren't doing it for the love of the game.

Hope they are not long term injuries Black Mamba?

Who is most dangerous for Banyule if you had to name 1?

number 36 i think he was, tom shapperd... big bloke they play thru him alot and finds the footy very often but also uses it very well! and number 6, D. Drapac, kicked 7 and very smart n quick around goals.. other then that it was a good team performance from banyule and could of picked about anoter 10 blokes to fill the next 4 best spots... very very unselfish team

number 36 i think he was, tom shapperd... big bloke they play thru him alot and finds the footy very often but also uses it very well! and number 6, D. Drapac, kicked 7 and very smart n quick around goals.. other then that it was a good team performance from banyule and could of picked about anoter 10 blokes to fill the next 4 best spots... very very unselfish team

Thanks Perfect

It's pretty simple. Start showing them respect. They're out there doing a job and trying to ply their trade. They can't be held accountable for the rule makers. They're just there to interpret them. We're all human and prone to errors. When you people learn to accept that, the better off you'll be. They need to be able to enjoy the game as well. Constant abuse leads to the dilemma we now face with having to provide club umpires - all of whom I'm sure aren't doing it for the love of the game.

I don't disagree that players need to show umpires respect and that they're prone to errors, but i have to agree with West in regards to SOME umpires not all, are ridiculously applying the 'zero tolerance policy'. If a player wants dispute a decicion or uses bad language, penalizing this is acceptable, however you cannot even ask the question these days as the umpire pays a 25.

I've already seen umpires this season pay 25's against players who have not uttered a word at the decision and have stood the mark with their hands in the air & either rolled their eyes, laughed or shook their head and a 25 has been paid. Surely footy hasn't come to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back