D2 D2 Ammos 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
go on drifter, you know you want to

Cool here it goes

The Western Derby - dont care how much these teams dislike or know about each other. Werribee in a canter

Werribee have been seriously impressive this season - all jokes aside - doubling Banyule's score last week when I recall a Rd 1 loss to the Bears last season at the same venue. It seems they have improved alot!!

OW - a few keys from last year not playing yet if at all this year. They may win a few later on but will be run fully off their legs this week

The Bees by 48 points

Another derby - Banyule hosting Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe have to disappointed with last week's effort agst TP. This week it doesnt get any easier against a Banyule side coming off a big loss.

There may be some injured Banyule big names from last week which would even this up but not enough.

Braddy, Drapac, Shepherd to win the contest in the middle - Ivanhoe need to find some more quality in this area in my opinion only.

Banyule by 47 points

SMS hosting Bentleigh - Bentleigh were stiff to run into a rampaging Boundy - it had a FATAL effect on the result last week

SMS kept coming against us but need a few key players back - Morsello, Lentini, their ruckman etc

Really important game here obviously - SMS lack superstars but that makes them difficult to shut down - a good even side.

At home they have to get the points with Werribee looming large in Rd 6 if they dont.

SMS by 23 points

OP hosting TP - clash of the ex-D1 boys. Again dont know these 2 teams that well. I assuming Boundy wont play this week too.

A 2-2 record, finishing 2nd bottom last year to TP bottom & home ground advantage - 3 good enough reasons to pick the boys from Garvey Oval

OP by 34 points

Finally we travel to Packer Park

Will be tough all day - expect nothing less from Glen Eira.

Our form is good - theirs is identical.

ESL by 18 points

OW are nowhere fit enough.....as they have fallen well behind after leading at half time in 2 of their 3 losses.

after pumping themselves up in the preseason, they have delivered nothing.

will be fighting for relegation before too long.

OW are nowhere fit enough.....as they have fallen well behind after leading at half time in 2 of their 3 losses.

Not too sure if it was fitness on the weekend Tony. Just think they are missing a few hard bodies through the midfeild. It seemed like they had know idea how to stop GE when they started getting a roll on, alla Fremantle on the weekend.

Thanks for the insight Hannah, its easy to draw a conclusion like this & i don't doubt that some of the boys are underdone but i think you'll find there has been a number of reasons for Old Westbourne's performances to date.

Think you're contradicting yourself their mate, how could the boys be spruiking & pumping themselves up in pre-season, apparently from your assessment Westbourne didn't do a pre-season. :D

It's only round 4 so its probably a little early for relegation talks isn't it??

Thanks for the insight Hannah, its easy to draw a conclusion like this & i don't doubt that some of the boys are underdone but i think you'll find there has been a number of reasons for Old Westbourne's performances to date.

Think you're contradicting yourself their mate, how could the boys be spruiking & pumping themselves up in pre-season, apparently from your assessment Westbourne didn't do a pre-season. :D

It's only round 4 so its probably a little early for relegation talks isn't it??
Pity the game is to be played on the smaller ground!! Reckon both sides have a lot to play for.

Thanks Chump.

Nothing came out of the "big Bentleigh dust up" in the goal square. Doesn't sound like it was too serious to warrant any suspensions coming out of it.

Bring back the biff :thumbsu:
I dont see how anything couldve come out of it. the fight happened. the ump came to break it all up and began asking players "who hit who?" resulting in the reports and a.clough sent off for bentleigh. no umpire ever saw what was going on. just went off the word of players who were involved

I dont see how anything couldve come out of it. the fight happened. the ump came to break it all up and began asking players "who hit who?" resulting in the reports and a.clough sent off for bentleigh. no umpire ever saw what was going on. just went off the word of players who were involved
If that's the case, get your club to report back to Benny Goodman, the VAFA Umpires Co-ordinator, so these umpires can get back to basics. They can only pay what they see.

IThey can only pay what they see.

Not at all. They fill in an Unobserved Incident form which goes back with the match paperwork and is investigated. Any fallout is unlikely to appear before next Wednesday's investigation results (should it have got that far).

Not at all. They fill in an Unobserved Incident form which goes back with the match paperwork and is investigated. Any fallout is unlikely to appear before next Wednesday's investigation results (should it have got that far).

So by this logic, the best way of nullifying a good opponent is not by tightening up on him. Simply fall to the ground and tell the umpire he belted you. He'll get sent off as an 'Unobserved Incident' and Bob's your uncle. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

So by this logic, the best way of nullifying a good opponent is not by tightening up on him. Simply fall to the ground and tell the umpire he belted you. He'll get sent off as an 'Unobserved Incident' and Bob's your uncle. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Clever but waaaaaaaaaay too much talk about umpires

Every game this week is massive - 2 & 3 is in the mix - 1 & 4 isnt

any big names returning ????

What VFL side is Boundy alligned with by the way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i just recall i very confident representation of OW on bigfooty throughout the months of jan, feb, march and then big R Horsbourgh sealed the deal with his comments at the VAFA launch of the season.

and the OW confidence has subsided a bit since season kick off

i hope they can turn it around this week, maybe the rivalry will kick them into gear....can't wait to see the scores on sunday morning.

:D

thats right west i'll buy u and yagabomb a beer after the game

Hey FG, rumor has it that your guna dong the boots on this week for a 1 off game against your old mob?? If so will it be in the 1's or 2's??? I think with your freakish ability and your fitness you will surely slot straight into the 1's

umpires shouldnt give so many reasons for us to talk about them, then it wont happen

boundy - northern bullants

Northern Bullants

and may I say that the unobserved incident report is my biggest pet hate in this comp. Usually filled out by the losing side with a look on their face as if they are still sucking on a lemon. Ban it!

Northern Bullants

and may I say that the unobserved incident report is my biggest pet hate in this comp. Usually filled out by the losing side with a look on their face as if they are still sucking on a lemon. Ban it!

With the AFL ban - does anyone in D2 have AFL players attending their games.

I have heard SMS have Ben Johnson and Nick Stevens attending the Bentleigh clash.

Anyone else know anything on this???

Pity the game is to be played on the smaller ground!! Reckon both sides have a lot to play for.

Only a pity for you boys who rely on run and carry and relish big grounds, not that there is anything wrong with that. The smaller ground might make it a better, more physical game. Having said that if the bigger ground was available we would be playing on that.

With the AFL ban - does anyone in D2 have AFL players attending their games.

I have heard SMS have Ben Johnson and Nick Stevens attending the Bentleigh clash.

Anyone else know anything on this???

Yeah we do have them both coming.
They both played St Marys juniors in VCML however got assigned to us.
Not complaining though. Hoping to get Nick Stevens to pull the boots on and play on Robertson:thumbsu:

Not complaining though. Hoping to get Nick Stevens to pull the boots on and play on Robertson:thumbsu:

Gee, Bentleigh boys would love to hear that. 1 week Boundy kicks 10 on you then the next week Stevens get 60 possessions.

Have it on good authority that Peter Daicos attends Old Paradians games and is pretty close with a lot of the boys. Can anyone confirm??

We have also doubled our order of pies and hot dogs for Stevo. Ive also heard that Johnson is not happy with the alcohol ban.....!

Gary Ablett Snr. coming out of retirement for the rivalry round in the west. Wouldn't we all want to see that???
Obviously nothing else to talk about, except, Akadakka, the Boys from Werribee would be one of the most hard contested sides in the comp. We relish ALL situations. That's how you become a GOOD side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back