D2 D2 Ammos 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Werribee over OW - 28 points
The bees look good at the moment and have done everything right - OW still finding their feet, but will come good soon and maybe the local derby just the thing to fire them up. But the Bees deserve the top billing for D2 thus far and should win.

Ivanhoe over Banyule - 3 points.
Hoes very dissapointed in last weeks defensive effort. This will be a very tough game against some quality and we will need to play well to get the win......... a MUST win at that.

St Marys/S over Bentleigh - 25 points.
Bentleigh not playing bad football, but the combine seem to be starting to get things together - and will press hard for a final four position later in the year me thinks.

Therry over OP's - 11 points. ( if Boundy does not play .....;))
This tip is more about how well Therry played last week than the respective positions on the ladder. With their best team for the year (so I was told ) last week, we saw them up close and they were the most impressive we had played to date. Op's have good form also - a cracker of a game 'in the middle' in the making.

Glen Eira over ESL - 2 points.
ESL were a touch more impressive against us - but GE had a great win last week and will enjoy the home ground advantage. Flip of the coin from an outsiders perspective ......

Cheers, Chump.

Gary Ablett Snr. coming out of retirement for the rivalry round in the west. Wouldn't we all want to see that???
Obviously nothing else to talk about, except, Akadakka, the Boys from Werribee would be one of the most hard contested sides in the comp. We relish ALL situations. That's how you become a GOOD side.

How do we know you relish all situations WEST? you don't even know that, you assume you do......there are situations you havent been in this year, such as being behind coming into the last quarter etc.

Obviously you guys are a GOOD side, that is why you are undefeated. And you have some great contested ball winners in your side, ie tedesco and keogh. Your strength is still your running players though: renault, lee, lee, alifraco, plamington, m taylor.

Win a premiership, thats how you become a GREAT side. Not saying you won't, but you won't be a GREAT side until you do.

How do we know you relish all situations WEST? you don't even know that, you assume you do......there are situations you havent been in this year, such as being behind coming into the last quarter etc.

Obviously you guys are a GOOD side, that is why you are undefeated. And you have some great contested ball winners in your side, ie tedesco and keogh. Your strength is still your running players though: renault, lee, lee, alifraco, plamington, m taylor.

Win a premiership, thats how you become a GREAT side. Not saying you won't, but you won't be a GREAT side until you do.

So if you PLAY in a flag winning side are you a GREAT Player? and if you don't can you still be a GOOD player?:cool:

I think so

They have always had a really strong core group

If they have added to that mix then they become legit

What the status with Bongo - handy addition when he gets back.

We play them this week and will know a bit more then - will be one of our biggest asks of the season to try and get the points at Packer Reserve though
glen eira have lost clements,cunningham and king to injuries all play on the backline but have a bit of depth to cover them for the next few weeks,bomgo should be in this week.

So if you PLAY in a flag winning side are you a GREAT Player? and if you don't can you still be a GOOD player?:cool:

Not really Chump. Plenty of great players in Werribee's side. Every side in the compeition has at least one or two great footballers, Ivanhoe - Pace, Bentliegh - Robo etc. You don't have to be a great player to play in a premiership. As they say a champion team will always beat a team of champions.

glen eira have lost clements,cunningham and king to injuries all play on the backline but have a bit of depth to cover them for the next few weeks,bomgo should be in this week.
Clements is a huge loss and would be hard to cover. Dont know anything about King, but know Cunningham and the only thing he can do is tell you how good he is!!!not!!! Dont know who BOMGO is. Is he related to Bongo?

Not really Chump. Plenty of great players in Werribee's side. Every side in the compeition has at least one or two great footballers, Ivanhoe - Pace, Bentliegh - Robo etc. You don't have to be a great player to play in a premiership. As they say a champion team will always beat a team of champions.

Thanks Centurian, but now I am still confused .............I was trying to work out if I was GREAT or just GOOD ?? :D

Chump.

I am heading down to see the Werribee Ammos for the first time this year. I hope i see them belt the pants of Old Westbourne. Go the tigers!

Any thoughts on the 2 Werribee boys in the State Rep Squad

Antonello and Aidan Murphy

Are they both CHB types???

The reason I ask is that the Lee brothers, Aaron Taylor and some quality onballers get most of the attention from opposing teams

Any comments.......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone please expand on the incident where Healy from Ivanhoe got rubbed out for 3 weeks for an alleged headbutt?? I watched the game and there was nothing of the sort. Disappointing for the hoes cos he seems to be a key player for them.

Hoota, Chump and Ugly...... those where the days! Size 32 shorts, P plates and dreams of bigger and better things........ what happened to the last 20 years? Where did we go wrong?

Only a pity for you boys who rely on run and carry and relish big grounds, not that there is anything wrong with that. The smaller ground might make it a better, more physical game. Having said that if the bigger ground was available we would be playing on that.

werribee can play on all grounds...just ask banyule how physical they can be

Can someone please expand on the incident where Healy from Ivanhoe got rubbed out for 3 weeks for an alleged headbutt?? I watched the game and there was nothing of the sort. Disappointing for the hoes cos he seems to be a key player for them.

pleaded not guilty and is adamant there was no headbutt, however there was deemed to be some contact and i guess it came down to the umpire's testimony.

Hoota, Chump and Ugly...... those where the days! Size 32 shorts, P plates and dreams of bigger and better things........ what happened to the last 20 years? Where did we go wrong?

Stop it lads - I'm getting all emotional.

But, very true the years have skipped buy. Had a laugh Ugly - you forgot we were all up in B grade too !!

Anyway - we can just enjoy the game we love and see if we can't catch one of those younger blokes from time to time.

Chump.

P.S. Crazy, if you call me mid-forties one more time I'm gonna hunt you down and give you a kicking !! :D

Stop it lads - I'm getting all emotional.

But, very true the years have skipped buy. Had a laugh Ugly - you forgot we were all up in B grade too !!

Anyway - we can just enjoy the game we love and see if we can't catch one of those younger blokes from time to time.

Chump.

P.S. Crazy, if you call me mid-forties one more time I'm gonna hunt you down and give you a kicking !! :D

Sorry Chump,
But I would be more concerned if Hoota was to track me down and give me the kicking. Still you a doing very well for you age.

No, because he would kick a lot harder than you would.:eek:

I am a footballer not a fighter crazy - you know that. So Hooter would have me covered easily ............but I think I might still get over the line in a title with your good self.

That being said ...we might be in different weight divisions?:eek:

Chump ( Champ !!! ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back