D2 D2 Ammos 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know I know....

Therry to sart turning their season around against the hopeless and hapless OPs by 35.
St.Leos over Glen Eira by the barest of margins.
The Banyule train to keep chugging by 51 points.
Westbourne to get a D2 lesson from the boys down at the brown farm... 81 points.
Bentleigh are simply no good. St.Mary's by 31 points.

I dont know about GREAT teams and GOOD players, but there should be some not bad games tomorrow.

Tips for the weekend:

Salesian in a tight one over Bentleigh
OP over TP by 5 goals
ESL over GE by three points
Banyule over Ivanhoe by 9 goals
OW over Werribe by 11 points (bias applied here)

Well I'm slowly improving 3/5 last week for the grand total of 9/20!!
SMS over Bentleigh
OP over TP
ESL over GE
Ivanhoe over Banyule
Werribee over OW
All the best guys

You know I know....

Therry to sart turning their season around against the hopeless and hapless OPs by 35.
Westbourne to get a D2 lesson from the boys down at the brown farm... 81 points.
hahahaha dick head

still no good after todays win?
reduced to 2 on the pine before half time, 3 down in the early stages of the 3rd term, bentleigh kicked out to a 5 goal lead at that stage but it looked as if the legs were shot as SMS started pegging it back. however an all round inspirational game from skipper robertson (5 goals) saw the dees home in a thriller.
bentleigh continue to be smashed with injuries though...
well done to both sides, a top game of football played in great spirit :thumbsu:

Rumour has it that forever green was seen in the werribee change rooms singing the theme song loud and clear. any truth to the rumours bees??

well a reasonable game out of Packer Reserve - we thought we controlled it most of the day and yet led by 5 pts only at 3/4 time............a bit of a worry.

Glen Eira = biggest side in D2

Ruck, CHF and FF would weigh 400kg combined

Anyhow pretty good day for us despite a few injuries.

Nice to win and shut up a particular supporter - prob an ex player from 20 years back who simply spoke sh*t and has to be a contender for biggest w***er in the VAFA

Old westbourne proved the difference between D3 and D2 on the weekend. They won the flag by 20 goals last year, and got absolutley anihilated in the second half. after being less than a goal down at the half, Werribee absolutley smashed the toffs from westbourne. Some good banter between crowds before the half, but as you would expect, a bit queit coming from the home side.
Nathan Black was awesome, Matty Antonello dominated the defence, And Werribee just too quick at ground level. I will give westbourne one thing, when they have the ball, they were good. they are good in the air with a few that can take strong marks on the lead. but had no legs left after half time.
Westbourne tried to resort to dirty tatics early. it seemed to work for a while with number 48 throwing a few dirty elbows behind play. but once the going got tough, the tough got going and westbourne were hoping for relegation and another easy flag!!!

Any thoughts on the 2 Werribee boys in the State Rep Squad

Antonello and Aidan Murphy

Are they both CHB types???

The reason I ask is that the Lee brothers, Aaron Taylor and some quality onballers get most of the attention from opposing teams

Any comments.......

Murphy plays in the floating forward role. strong hands and a vital cog for werribee. Been Werribees best player over the last 5 years in my opinion. Antonello is back at the club after not playing since u/16's. he is now 21 and was once a midfielder, but is playing as a key defender and super competitive. Great foot skills. After watching the BIG V on saturday night, i see a lot of Antonello's role being similar to a scarlett. good defender who really hurts people coming out of defence.

You know I know....

You are a muppet mate!

How can you say that Bentleigh are no good when they've been a bit unlucky having played the top 2 teams in D2 first up and then being very stiff against Old Paradians (with Boundy being the only difference - and for a note he got in the best in the seniors for the Bullants on the weekend).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are a muppet mate!

How can you say that Bentleigh are no good when they've been a bit unlucky having played the top 2 teams in D2 first up and then being very stiff against Old Paradians (with Boundy being the only difference - and for a note he got in the best in the seniors for the Bullants on the weekend).

Maybe Michael's posts are living up to his surname - I'm feeling tired already :D

With the AFL ban - does anyone in D2 have AFL players attending their games.

I have heard SMS have Ben Johnson and Nick Stevens attending the Bentleigh clash.

Anyone else know anything on this???

Dissapointing that neither player turned up on the day! Ben Johnson rang as said he had the "flu" and Nick Stevens just didnt show up!!! Not good enough really, we had a heap of familys turn out for the game with kids from the junior club with carlton and collingwood jumpers on expecting to see their "hero's", only to be dissappointed....

Murphy plays in the floating forward role. strong hands and a vital cog for werribee. Been Werribees best player over the last 5 years in my opinion. Antonello is back at the club after not playing since u/16's. he is now 21 and was once a midfielder, but is playing as a key defender and super competitive. Great foot skills. After watching the BIG V on saturday night, i see a lot of Antonello's role being similar to a scarlett. good defender who really hurts people coming out of defence.

Thanks Table Tennis

Who is Nathan Black as well - sounds like Werribee have added quite a few this year??

after 5 rounds...

-werribee obviously setting the pace. can anyone stop them? with 3 lees and 3 taylors (are they brothers as well?) this team obviously knows each other very well and sticks to the plans, showing the rest of D2 how its done.
-st leos and banyule are hot on their heels, waiting for a slip up. round 7s st leos v werribee clash @ st leos will hopefully see a close contest.
-OP comfirmed on the weekend that they are not too much of a threat without big boundy. they have a slipping grip on 5th spot and face much fancied banyule this week.
- bentleigh and therry, after losses to werribee and banyule in the first 2 weeks are starting to post some wins (therry 2 in a row and bentleigh 2 of their last 3) and now sit 6th and 7th. im sure these 2 clubs can eventually steer clear of the relegation zone although therry has a tough ask out at st leos this week.
-westbourne, after a win in round 2 now sit at the bottom searching for their next 4 points and as has been already stated, outlined the gap between D2 and D3. this weeks bottom of the table clash between them and ivanhoe will provide both clubs with hope of a much needed win.
-glen eria sit happily in 4th but have they had the easiest draw so far? having played OP, SMS, ivanhoe, OW, and st leos just last week, there are some tough ones to come in the next few weeks.
-top 3 are looking solid while 4th spot is very much up for grabs!

these are simply points based on ladder positions and results I have read as obviously I do not see every game each week and Im sure no one does! thought it would be nice to throw a few things out there for everyone to read and have their say if they wish. others may like to have a look at who has played who so far and do a similar type of thing in posting their veiws on the season so far. whos had the toughest/easiest draw? which clubs are already showing signs of a D3 spot in 09? and which club can squeeze into that 4th spot for finals and attempt to challenge the established top 3?

Dissapointing that neither player turned up on the day! Ben Johnson rang as said he had the "flu" and Nick Stevens just didnt show up!!! Not good enough really, we had a heap of familys turn out for the game with kids from the junior club with carlton and collingwood jumpers on expecting to see their "hero's", only to be dissappointed....
the herald sun reported that they attended the game. I was there, didn't see them but did see many young hopefuls with their carlton and collingwood colours on

Thanks Table Tennis

Who is Nathan Black as well - sounds like Werribee have added quite a few this year??

N Black or "Yakka" as he is known is a former Werribee Juniors player now on Williamstowns VFL list. Is only 19 years of age, and was unstoppable on the weekend. He did kick 10.10 though, and 2.7 the week before. Was very selfish on the weekend but I suppose you can be when your on fire like he was

Matthew Taylor was best afield for mine though, running off half back all day, hardly missed a target. Highlight of the day for me was Aaron Taylor vs Ben Hutton. Hutton was still the warriors best, but it was a very interesting battle between those two all day. Great to watch.

Second half proved how fit Werribee are, or alternatively how unfit OW are - probably both. It was an absolute training drill.

well a reasonable game out of Packer Reserve - we thought we controlled it most of the day and yet led by 5 pts only at 3/4 time............a bit of a worry.

Glen Eira = biggest side in D2

Ruck, CHF and FF would weigh 400kg combined

Anyhow pretty good day for us despite a few injuries.

Nice to win and shut up a particular supporter - prob an ex player from 20 years back who simply spoke sh*t and has to be a contender for biggest w***er in the VAFA

No a bad game Drifter. St Leos are by far the best team we have played thus far (we have not faced Banyule nor Werribee yet).

I wouldn't say that you controlled the whole game though, just think that you used the ball better going forward which produced better scoring shots. GE did have more scoring shots at the end of the day.

Cant say I can picture who your talking about in the crowd, although we did have a fairly large past players luncheon on before the game so a few old faces were hanging around that I have not seen in a long time. I was around the club rooms for most of the day and think your supporters were giving as good as they got. Good friendly banter never hurt anyone, just added to a good game.

after 5 rounds...

-werribee obviously setting the pace. can anyone stop them? with 3 lees and 3 taylors (are they brothers as well?) this team obviously knows each other very well and sticks to the plans, showing the rest of D2 how its done.
-st leos and banyule are hot on their heels, waiting for a slip up. round 7s st leos v werribee clash @ st leos will hopefully see a close contest.
-OP comfirmed on the weekend that they are not too much of a threat without big boundy. they have a slipping grip on 5th spot and face much fancied banyule this week.
- bentleigh and therry, after losses to werribee and banyule in the first 2 weeks are starting to post some wins (therry 2 in a row and bentleigh 2 of their last 3) and now sit 6th and 7th. im sure these 2 clubs can eventually steer clear of the relegation zone although therry has a tough ask out at st leos this week.
-westbourne, after a win in round 2 now sit at the bottom searching for their next 4 points and as has been already stated, outlined the gap between D2 and D3. this weeks bottom of the table clash between them and ivanhoe will provide both clubs with hope of a much needed win.
-glen eria sit happily in 4th but have they had the easiest draw so far? having played OP, SMS, ivanhoe, OW, and st leos just last week, there are some tough ones to come in the next few weeks.
-top 3 are looking solid while 4th spot is very much up for grabs!

these are simply points based on ladder positions and results I have read as obviously I do not see every game each week and Im sure no one does! thought it would be nice to throw a few things out there for everyone to read and have their say if they wish. others may like to have a look at who has played who so far and do a similar type of thing in posting their veiws on the season so far. whos had the toughest/easiest draw? which clubs are already showing signs of a D3 spot in 09? and which club can squeeze into that 4th spot for finals and attempt to challenge the established top 3?

Daniel Lee is not related to Cam and Trent. Still had Trav Ryan, Matty Palmington and Ross Fastuca out of the side. heaps of room for improvement. Werribee were awesome in the second half. Westbourne Were fantastic for a half. but the side that came out in the second half was a different side. If westbourne can forget about the last half, and can play like they did for the 1st half, then they should lift themselves off the canvas, but if they are that unfit, then every side will over run them. Im tipping a big preseason for them next year..........

Any word from Ivanhoe v Banyule? Looks as though the Hoes gave a good account for themselves, after leading at 3/4q time.

No a bad game Drifter. St Leos are by far the best team we have played thus far (we have not faced Banyule nor Werribee yet).

I wouldn't say that you controlled the whole game though, just think that you used the ball better going forward which produced better scoring shots. GE did have more scoring shots at the end of the day.

Cant say I can picture who your talking about in the crowd, although we did have a fairly large past players luncheon on before the game so a few old faces were hanging around that I have not seen in a long time. I was around the club rooms for most of the day and think your supporters were giving as good as they got. Good friendly banter never hurt anyone, just added to a good game.

Fair call mate - definitely an ex-player with the silly comments but all ok in the end.

Yeah the first 20 minutes were on GE terms - kicked inaccurately and let us off a fair bit (as we have done all season) - so pleased to take our chances when they come.

Not too much in it so dont write off the Saints

N Black or "Yakka" as he is known is a former Werribee Juniors player now on Williamstowns VFL list. Is only 19 years of age, and was unstoppable on the weekend. He did kick 10.10 though, and 2.7 the week before. Was very selfish on the weekend but I suppose you can be when your on fire like he was

Matthew Taylor was best afield for mine though, running off half back all day, hardly missed a target. Highlight of the day for me was Aaron Taylor vs Ben Hutton. Hutton was still the warriors best, but it was a very interesting battle between those two all day. Great to watch.

Second half proved how fit Werribee are, or alternatively how unfit OW are - probably both. It was an absolute training drill.

How can someone kick 10.10 and not be best on ground????

Anyone else seen this guy - is he 10.10 good or just normal good player

Power foward or flanker type?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back