D2 D2 Ammos 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't say anything about not deserving...just lucky. Saw a few games. Is Baldy really that bad of a player that he doesn't deserve a game at the club or is he one of the unlucky ones. There are a lot that have left the club because they aren't getting a game or being treated differently and he seems to put up with it.

Isnt kicking 65 goals in the season enough to get a game in the granny ya goose

Well as a supporter of the (western) Toffs, 'cos my kids play junior footy there, I just hope some of the wealth rubs off onto me. I've had parents at a Wyndhamvale game refer to us "rich bastards" - had a good look around, couldn't see anyone by that description. I've been on a course all week and have been leaving my car in the far corner of the office carpark - first in, last home, taxi to the city - and the dopey bastards were going to call the cops and have the "dumped" car towed away today!

Re the new rooms - ask people in D3 what it was like travelling to the original Arctic Park!

There are a couple of cashed up guys wandering about the club, but you can say the same about anywhere, and they're all blokes you can happily have a beer with. Any illusion of snobbiness around Westbourne is just that.

Mate, as you would know, with local rivalries, anything to be of detriment to the oppostion. Just like we get the poo farmers. Westbourne is the prestigous school of the west, therefore you get called the western toffs.

I know that the footy club isnt a direct association with the school, but either are werribee with the poo farm. catch the drift........... not the scent..

Obviously not Yaga! Must have been lucky 65 times during the season! Not to mentioned all those lucky goal assists to yourself and Bees!!;)

Finally some action on the D2 thread

Onto my tips (4/5 last week)

Werribee over SMS by heaps!!! Black to kick 15.5 and the returning Trav Ryan to grab a couple himself. No Werribee are in top form and the combine cant get their best 22 (or close to) on the park. With an away game to Banyule next week SMS could be looking at 1-6. They did this last year though and did come home strong. The Bees by 87 points

OP hosting Banyule - really interesting game this. Banyule are a quality unit though and will want to keep their game over St Leos (we havent played Werribee) in hand. I think they will overcome an OP side who must be a bit deflated by last week at Garvey Oval. Banyule by 42 points

Ivanhoe hosting OW - OW are at the crossroads - I still think they are good side but it needs to start soon. Ivanhoe did lead Banyule into last qtr - not an easy feat and not a bad form line. This is a tough one - I think OW might still have the wood over an Ivanhoe side (again missing some top liners) - OW by 12 points

Bentleigh hosting the Saints. Yep the free scoring Bentleigh have some big units to combat this week. You know this will be tight - Glen Eira have alot of experience and seem to find more than their share of close results. For some reason I think Bentleigh have more talent than just Robbo - they are my D2 sleeper. Bentleigh by 28 points

Finally ESL to try and close down a resurgent Therry Penola looking for their 3rd win in a row. Have some quality bigs to contain and hopefully we can do it and keep some pressure on in the race for the 2nd promotion spot. ESL by 12 points

Didn't say anything about not deserving...just lucky. Saw a few games. Is Baldy really that bad of a player that he doesn't deserve a game at the club or is he one of the unlucky ones. There are a lot that have left the club because they aren't getting a game or being treated differently and he seems to put up with it.
YES must beee

Whilst rivalry round hasn't seemed to have finished between Werribee & Westbourne, I must commend them both for some fantastic & entertaining reading. Sadly they have new opponents this week & my tips are as follows: Werribee v SMS - SMS in an upset by 10 points OP v Banyule - Banyule in a canter Ivanhoe v O Westbourne - draw Bentleigh v Glen Eira - Bentleigh by a nose ESL v Therry - ESL to stop Therry's winning streak

All you guys that went to Westbourne, I think you wasted your parents money on private education. I think you should go back and finish the courses.
As stated big game for Werribee this week. Can anyone shed some light on the 3 Stevens boys playing for SMS and Dwyer. Seem to very handy.

ESL over Therry - 21 points. ESL going along nicely and their forward line looks a little strong for Therry's backline. Will be a great battle in the middle.

Banyule over OP's - just - 3 points. Saw Banuyle last week they go alright.....and will get better. Think that they have had the slightly better form thus far.

Ivanhoe over OW - 2 points - Should be a great game with both sides looking for a badly needed win. Hopefully the Hoes welcome a truck load back to the senior side?

Glen Eira over Bentleigh - 14 points. GE getting the job done at the moment and should do it again this week. I get the feeling though that Bentleigh are on the improve and this might be a bit closer that the positions and previous results would indicate.

Werribee over SMS - 31 points. The Bees are playing the best footy in the comp and should account for SMS on their home ground.

Chump.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All you guys that went to Westbourne, I think you wasted your parents money on private education. I think you should go back and finish the courses.
As stated big game for Werribee this week. Can anyone shed some light on the 3 Stevens boys playing for SMS and Dwyer. Seem to very handy.
sorry westy we don't use other people's money :)

Glen Eira over Bentleigh - 14 points. GE getting the job done at the moment and should do it again this week. I get the feeling though that Bentleigh are on the improve and this might be a bit closer that the positions and previous results would indicate.
its 6th v 4th, only 1 game between these sides. what do you mean by the previous results? as in last year?

Great banter this week fellas, perhaps a bit personal from you FG, but still hilarious.

Was o/s for last weekends games but from all reports there were some good games played, albeit some were only good for a half!!

Tips this week:

ESL over TP by 50 points
GE by 2 goals over Bentleigh
Banyule to beat OP by 5 goals
OW to bounce back agaisnt Ivanhoe by 10 points
Werribe by heaps over SMS, the scorers to lose count!

its 6th v 4th, only 1 game between these sides. what do you mean by the previous results? as in last year?

Fair point Red and the Blue,

I was just suggesting that getting smashed by the top teams and beating an undermanned Therry was not quiet as good a form line as the Saints.

Whilst being 6th - with 'only 1 game between you' is true....you are also only one game off the bottom;)

Will be a good game.

Chump.

Fair point Red and the Blue,

I was just suggesting that getting smashed by the top teams and beating an undermanned Therry was not quiet as good a form line as the Saints.

Whilst being 6th - with 'only 1 game between you' is true....you are also only one game off the bottom;)

Will be a good game.

Chump.

By the way Ive waited long enough now

Can Werribee or OW whoever is responsible submit their scores this week on time.

Sh*thouse that we can have a updated ladder for the week because of stupidity!

By the way Ive waited long enough now

Can Werribee or OW whoever is responsible submit their scores this week on time.

Sh*thouse that we can have a updated ladder for the week because of stupidity!

Isn't it the home team's role to post the final scores on the VAFA website - maybe Westborne didn't want anyone to know they got pumped be 100 points :D

Isn't it the home team's role to post the final scores on the VAFA website - maybe Westborne didn't want anyone to know they got pumped be 100 points :D

What actually happened on Saturday was we were putting the scores through at around 5:15 and our internet connection failed us. We rang the scores through however, and put the detailed results up at around 6 when our connection was up again. Unfortunately the website did not update until Monday.

I can assure you though that the losing by 100 points had no bearing on us putting the results up late.

Tips:

Werribee over SMS by 10 goals.
ESL over Therry by 40 points. Lee's are the 2nd best side in the comp for mine, but I am yet to see Banyule.
GE just over Bentliegh, massive games for both clubs.
Banyule over OP by 3 goals.
OW over Ivanhoe, not by much though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back