D2 D2 Ammos 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having played both Werribee and Banyule I would suggest that this year could be one for the tigers... I can't see anyone coming close to them or knocking them off. The question I think that can be raised however is... who is going to challenge them in the Grand Final...

Having said all that however, we've only played 5 rounds and it is way to early to really even bring up finals... I think positions 3-8 will be very close... maybe even percentage seperating them come september!

Interesting you dont give us a chance LFK

Facts are Banyule and St Leos played Werribee 5 times last year for 3 wins

Werribee are the favourites no doubts but everyone is a chance to beat them. no point playing them if you dont think you can win.

Interesting you dont give us a chance LFK

Facts are Banyule and St Leos played Werribee 5 times last year for 3 wins

Werribee are the favourites no doubts but everyone is a chance to beat them. no point playing them if you dont think you can win.

Too right Drifter. I think you guys are the most likely team to beat them. Your bigger bodied players will be very important. If you don't win the clearances you will be in trouble.

Mate whist in D2 not one person cares about your D3 flag other than you blokes. the thing is. your in D2 now, at least 100 points behind the benchmark. I have distanced myself from the club in my comments on this site as i am not representing and love causing a stir. I also have a memory that goes back to when westbourne were crowing about beating Werribee a couple of years ago and making ridiculous statements..........
If Big footy was a site to do clubs favours then 95% of the people on here better redirect thier comments. its to cause a stir, a bit of interest and banter. you cant have it so much at games anymore, as you get over theatrical umpires wanting to stick thier noses into it and make things worse! For anyone that was at the game on the weekend, it was much anticpated, i caught up with ex teammates that havent seen each other in years as we wanted our old club to win and win well. I personally travelled over an hour to get there. I could not wait to see my old club in a rivalry game. And victory tasted all so sweet, especially after a few dirty elbows were thrown and Westbourne mounted a challenge in the first half. The banter between the crowds was fantastic. football might be about winning flags, but that was last year mate, that spotlight has well and truly been turned off. But this forum is all about a bit of fun, so when you start taking me seriously then your the one who is suffering. GO THE TIGERS!!!!!!

No footy is all about winning flags. but no one will remember that west brom won the championship in the 2nd tier next year in england!

Last year was a great year for westbourne. but that was last year. Were talking 2008 this year!!!

for the benefit of clubs in the lower end of the ammos and reletativley new clubs like werribee and westbourne, the higher divisions that they can get to is the overall goal. the fact is, the werribee side that lost the D3 grand final to St.Johns is a young version of the side that is now dominating D2. a d3 premiership lost and a d2 won is better than a d3 premiership won then relegated the next season! that D3 premiership is a stepping stone for Westbourne sure, but if that is all thier aiming for, what are they doing this year? You cant rest on your laurels.... and i personally dont think westbourne are as bad as thier 2nd half last weekend or thier ladder position. but as local rivals, its great to sing when winning......

As said to a cocky Westbourne supporter on the weekend...... You will be a chance to win a second premiership........ BACK IN D3 YOU MUPPETS

GO THE TIGES!! Spotlight might be on Werribee in the finals, but after seeing Westbournes lack of fitness and mental toughness (showed enough to be cowards behind the ball and when no one was looking) they should start thier preseason army style whilst the decent teams will be preparing for finals!

Westbourne......... I would rather be as high as can be without a premiership than going up and down between D2-3 over the next couple of years. THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!
Muppets hay i think u and bocce better stop rooting each other cos first thing bocce (hovey) is still living in the past cos he thinks he can get a game but can't and tables tennis (dan) your the ____ing muppet ____ cos u knowing nothing about footy....... u think your apart of werribee but not so u can just stick to eating Mrs S salad rolls with beetroot and the MR S hot dog thats in Mr S hot dog rolls

No footy is all about winning flags. but no one will remember that west brom won the championship in the 2nd tier next year in england!

Last year was a great year for westbourne. but that was last year. Were talking 2008 this year!!!

for the benefit of clubs in the lower end of the ammos and reletativley new clubs like werribee and westbourne, the higher divisions that they can get to is the overall goal. the fact is, the werribee side that lost the D3 grand final to St.Johns is a young version of the side that is now dominating D2. a d3 premiership lost and a d2 won is better than a d3 premiership won then relegated the next season! that D3 premiership is a stepping stone for Westbourne sure, but if that is all thier aiming for, what are they doing this year? You cant rest on your laurels.... and i personally dont think westbourne are as bad as thier 2nd half last weekend or thier ladder position. but as local rivals, its great to sing when winning......
table tennis your really making me sick

Everyone is a bit touchy on here........

ITS AN OPINION FORUM!!!!!!!!!!

Dont like it......... Dont read it............ Dont notice it....... dont worry about it...........

the fact is, the werribee side that lost the D3 grand final to St.Johns is a young version of the side that is now dominating D2. a d3 premiership lost and a d2 won is better than a d3 premiership won then relegated the next season!

First of all, your 2005 side did not have T.Lee, M Taylor, Antonello, T.Ryan, Fastuca, N.Black, both the Cunningham brothers, Jimma Norton, Alifraco, the Dean brothers, Cutcho, and Kirk of course.....so how is the side "a young version" of the 2005 side?

Secondly you havent won the flag yet........a lot of things can happen between now and the finals.

You forgot to mention Podge in the ruck too.

They are junior players that have pushed through. most were already at the club, just werent old enough to play senior footy. Development of those players is still crucial and everything that is about a developing club. The players you mentioned are all the same age, except fastuca &antonello. Matty is a bonus for the club coming back and being so good since not playing since he was 16.

Tedesco, Keogh, Murphy, Palmington, Renault and those sorts of payers that have been there since the D3 days. Sure a lot of kids are new. but the core and senior core of the successful side have stayed from those days. I fear talking too much as Forever green may vomit and ruin his keyboard and i wouldnt get any of his one line comments that make no sense and are not relevant to any of the previous posts. Obvously a Westbourne Footballer and not a scholar......

They are junior players that have pushed through. most were already at the club, just werent old enough to play senior footy. Development of those players is still crucial and everything that is about a developing club. The players you mentioned are all the same age, except fastuca &antonello. Matty is a bonus for the club coming back and being so good since not playing since he was 16.

Tedesco, Keogh, Murphy, Palmington, Renault and those sorts of payers that have been there since the D3 days. Sure a lot of kids are new. but the core and senior core of the successful side have stayed from those days. I fear talking too much as Forever green may vomit and ruin his keyboard and i wouldnt get any of his one line comments that make no sense and are not relevant to any of the previous posts. Obvously a Westbourne Footballer and not a scholar......[/quote]
thats right mate got kicked out of there in year 11....... listen hear ____ head i never said werribee wasn't a great team ok werribee is a great team and look like going all the way this and then making there mark on D1, all i said is that flags is wat you play for and i hope werribee don't just go up again without a flag under its belt.......as for you if u have a problem with me and my posting i suggest u come and see me or better still i'll catch up with you after u have eaten the super Mr S hot dog thats in Mrs S rolls clear with that ____head

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It showed last weekend what sort of club Westbourne is, when a coach keeps their players locked up through the post match drinks and then they all go home without hanging around for a drink, weak as water!

Is Andrew Spink the big ruckmen (Adam Goodes look alike) that plays for Glen Eira the best player in D2, I keep hearing this and was wondering what your thoughts were???

Is Andrew Spink the big ruckmen (Adam Goodes look alike) that plays for Glen Eira the best player in D2, I keep hearing this and was wondering what your thoughts were???

admittingly i havnt seen ever team in D2 grade this season but i have seen most, you would have to say james robinson (bentleigh) is the best player in the comp as comp awards suggest and the clear respect on these forums from him,, obviously the title of best player in the comp tho will always raise arguments for and against a few players tho

in saying that, bentleigh play glen eira this week so we shall c what happens

Muppets hay i think u and bocce better stop rooting each other cos first thing bocce (hovey) is still living in the past cos he thinks he can get a game but can't and tables tennis (dan) your the ____ing muppet ____ cos u knowing nothing about footy....... u think your apart of werribee but not so u can just stick to eating Mrs S salad rolls with beetroot and the MR S hot dog thats in Mr S hot dog rolls

Your a fair dinkum bald headed dick Johnny. Look at my username. Stick to things you know and that is getting balder and fatter. Maybe a few more walks around Clarendon St wouldn't go astray.

Firstly Spink played CHB on Saturday

2ndly he looks more like Andrew Schauble than Goodes

3rdly - I hope you having a laugh at you mate because he's not an impact player

Tedesco, Keogh, Murphy, Palmington, Renault and those sorts of payers that have been there since the D3 days. Sure a lot of kids are new. but the core and senior core of the successful side have stayed from those days. I fear talking too much as Forever green may vomit and ruin his keyboard and i wouldnt get any of his one line comments that make no sense and are not relevant to any of the previous posts. Obvously a Westbourne Footballer and not a scholar......[/quote]
thats right mate got kicked out of there in year 11....... listen hear ____ head i never said werribee wasn't a great team ok werribee is a great team and look like going all the way this and then making there mark on D1, all i said is that flags is wat you play for and i hope werribee don't just go up again without a flag under its belt.......as for you if u have a problem with me and my posting i suggest u come and see me or better still i'll catch up with you after u have eaten the super Mr S hot dog thats in Mrs S rolls clear with that ____head

This is too funny!

Dont worry about it mate. I didnt get past year 11 either!

just relax and take this site as it is. Banter!

Hot dog was pretty good at westbourne on the weekend

It showed last weekend what sort of club Westbourne is, when a coach keeps their players locked up through the post match drinks and then they all go home without hanging around for a drink, weak as water!

In fairness to the Westbourne blokes, I dont think it is really appealing to stay back and have a drink after the blow out. And i haven't been too fair to the westbourne blokes this week!

That is disappointing LB. I didnt stick around either, but we as a club are usually quite good at that no matter the circumstances. Hopefully we can have as many blokes stay back in your rooms next time as you had in ours. Good form by you boys, plenty of players and officials stuck around.

Your a fair dinkum bald headed dick Johnny. Look at my username. Stick to things you know and that is getting balder and fatter. Maybe a few more walks around Clarendon St wouldn't go astray.
Listen here scumbag - you have the wrong Johnny!! I may be getting balder, but i'm no fatter than you!! And if i went to training tomorrow, I'd still get a game before you!! I'll even bring my premiership medal from last year if you want to see it!!

perhaps in wasn't a case of keeping the players locked up through post match drinks.
maybe more like discussing their disastrous second half and what they need to do as a group to get their season back on track.
i wouldn't have thought OW would be the first coach, team, club to do so.

Listen here scumbag - you have the wrong Johnny!! I may be getting balder, but i'm no fatter than you!! And if i went to training tomorrow, I'd still get a game before you!! I'll even bring my premiership medal from last year if you want to see it!!

Come on boys, we are imploding! I have backed the mighty bees for the flag - get it together - then no-one can beat us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back