D2 D2 Ammos 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Werribee are a very young side.

My belief is that Werribee this season are leaps and bounds better than the side last year. They are a very young side, and the players are getting better as they develop. I think another year under Kirk Norton too. Having a game plan that they are used too. They would IMO be very competitive with SMD and Aquinas from last season (i can only judge by that, as i have never seen D1 match before).

Ross Fastuca is pretty much the only new face (in the seniors). He is injured at the moment. But also having the depth that is at Werribee is very handy, when it does come to injuries. where injuries decimate clubs, Werribee seem to just slot another one straight back into the seniors. The reserves have been very strong for a long time.

I think the game on the weekend will be a good one. Emmaus Trounced Werribee at home last year. I was appalled by what i was watching. I know that its a ground that emmaus play very well at. And a very tricky wind there sometimes makes it hard for opposition sides!

There are a couple of headline acts missing from the tigers though, not sure if Palmington will play this week. I thought he would have been back last week but didnt play. like i said Fastuca and Trav Ryan i think is back this week. (might come back through the reserves) If Nathan Black plays, he is one that you will need to stop. He is a freak. I see that he kicked 2 for Willi reserves in a big win, so hopefully for Werribee that is not good enough and he gets dropped!

IF there was a game in the back of Werribees mind, it would be this week as last years trip to emmaus was very ordinary. But dont pump up Werribees tyres and expect them to get a head of themselves. They know that you guys are very good too. Match of the Season IMO. Cant wait to read the paper on sunday to see who won. (got a wedding this weekend and wont be there to witness)

Werribee are a very young side.

My belief is that Werribee this season are leaps and bounds better than the side last year. They are a very young side, and the players are getting better as they develop. I think another year under Kirk Norton too. Having a game plan that they are used too. They would IMO be very competitive with SMD and Aquinas from last season (i can only judge by that, as i have never seen D1 match before).

Ross Fastuca is pretty much the only new face (in the seniors). He is injured at the moment. But also having the depth that is at Werribee is very handy, when it does come to injuries. where injuries decimate clubs, Werribee seem to just slot another one straight back into the seniors. The reserves have been very strong for a long time.

I think the game on the weekend will be a good one. Emmaus Trounced Werribee at home last year. I was appalled by what i was watching. I know that its a ground that emmaus play very well at. And a very tricky wind there sometimes makes it hard for opposition sides!

There are a couple of headline acts missing from the tigers though, not sure if Palmington will play this week. I thought he would have been back last week but didnt play. like i said Fastuca and Trav Ryan i think is back this week. (might come back through the reserves) If Nathan Black plays, he is one that you will need to stop. He is a freak. I see that he kicked 2 for Willi reserves in a big win, so hopefully for Werribee that is not good enough and he gets dropped!

IF there was a game in the back of Werribees mind, it would be this week as last years trip to emmaus was very ordinary. But dont pump up Werribees tyres and expect them to get a head of themselves. They know that you guys are very good too. Match of the Season IMO. Cant wait to read the paper on sunday to see who won. (got a wedding this weekend and wont be there to witness)

Fair analysis boys but we sit 3rd only so Banyule are still right in the mix.

Look forward to Saturday also.

No problems South - looking forward to it.

Unfortunately, one of the many injured so you will not be able to hail abuse at me as planned !!;)

Could have been a clash of the 'young fellas' if Brabs can get up for this week:)

Chump.

I had a couple of wheelchairs arranged for after the game for you and Brabs. :D I wouldn't have hailed abuse, I have a self imposed ban of abusing anyone. I am maturing with age.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had a couple of wheelchairs arranged for after the game for you and Brabs. :D I wouldn't have hailed abuse, I have a self imposed ban of abusing anyone. I am maturing with age.

Too funny - the young blokes had commented to me about the recent inclusion of the 'ramp' at our club rooms.

see ya Saturday.

P.S. I will be abusing Brabs anyway .....;)

gone a bit quiet on here boys and girls. not that theres anything wrong with it but the recent talk hasnt given people much to bounce off. no one really has much to say about anything?

I think ivanhoes jump from 9th to 5th this week shows how close the bottom 6 are going to be all year. if you lose a couple in a row you will be right back in relegation zone. any game that ivanhoe, bentleigh, OP, therry, SMS and OW play against each other is big for both clubs.
now also a 2 game gap between 4th and 5th so some of these teams must start getting results against glen eira to keep the finals race open.
thought Id give people something to talk about and respond to on here :thumbsu:

gone a bit quiet on here boys and girls. not that theres anything wrong with it but the recent talk hasnt given people much to bounce off. no one really has much to say about anything?

I think ivanhoes jump from 9th to 5th this week shows how close the bottom 6 are going to be all year. if you lose a couple in a row you will be right back in relegation zone. any game that ivanhoe, bentleigh, OP, therry, SMS and OW play against each other is big for both clubs.
now also a 2 game gap between 4th and 5th so some of these teams must start getting results against glen eira to keep the finals race open.

Correct comments I think R&B.

D2 was ultra tight last year too - Glen Eira and Salesian finished very strongly last year if I recall.

Not being one of the 6 clubs I cant really comment but right now the battle for 5th through 10th is seriously close with form hard to pick at present.

GE havent played Werribee or Banyule so which ever team in that last 6 picks up some wins will be right back in the mix

The SMS joke continues. After kicking first goal of the game, goal less for the rest of the day. The free ticket into D2 will result with an instant slide to D3 as they are not good enough in mant respects. Their brains trust has been very narrowed minded going for quick fix and have failed miserably. Where is the juniors and U19s that were to come with this marriage? They have very few good players, some of their leadership group don't even bother attending matches when they are not playing. Wheels have fallen off. Awful jumpers, a poor list of talent and big ego's off field doesn't equal success.

False hopes that were never going to materialise and they are paying the price for their holier than thou approach to the rest of the clubs in the lower grades.:thumbsdown:

You must of been dropped on your head as a kid, the doctor actually wanted to terminate your birth cause you were not all there. He was right!
You are very uninformed?? Free ticket into D2 half the club played into D2 last year, end of story.

What was our quick fix???

Yes we attempted to get Under 19's like we have the past couple years, fell a little short with number.

Who were the leaders that didnt show up??? and who is to say if they did miss, that they might of had a reason!

You are a flog! Now at least let me have a right of reply, who do you play for??????? My tip is you will be to weak and gutless to tell all!

I am glad the marriage has worked between you and your sister.

Look forward to your reply. Your a stain on society!

Not too far off Red, but still alot to happen in this year yet.

Totally agree that 4th - 10th is still very much up for grabs and could see teams in finals or relegation. There has been some very close results this year and should teams turn them around in the re-match, things could change dramatically.

As for the current top 3 - they have - thus far - been very good. The Bees, look to be way out infront and everyone in the grade looks forward to the clash with ESL.

That being said, I would say that should any of the teams lower down the order get on a roll then even the 2nd and 3rd spots could still be up for grabs - and not just GE's.

- Therry - in wet conditions - were not far off the ESL boys - even though some straight shooting kept them in it.
- Ivanhoe not that far off Banyule under the circumstances - again poor shooting by the bears probably helped Ivanhoe.

It's a very even contest and I would think that the top 4 - whilst looking the goods thus far - are not over the line just yet.

Could be a ripping last few rounds !!!

Chump.

Not too far off Red, but still alot to happen in this year yet.

Totally agree that 4th - 10th is still very much up for grabs and could see teams in finals or relegation. There has been some very close results this year and should teams turn them around in the re-match, things could change dramatically.

As for the current top 3 - they have - thus far - been very good. The Bees, look to be way out infront and everyone in the grade looks forward to the clash with ESL.

That being said, I would say that should any of the teams lower down the order get on a roll then even the 2nd and 3rd spots could still be up for grabs - and not just GE's.

- Therry - in wet conditions - were not far off the ESL boys - even though some straight shooting kept them in it.
- Ivanhoe not that far off Banyule under the circumstances - again poor shooting by the bears probably helped Ivanhoe.

It's a very even contest and I would think that the top 4 - whilst looking the goods thus far - are not over the line just yet.

Could be a ripping last few rounds !!!

Chump.
i think anyone who thinks there teams are any good at the moment are kidding themselves, except for werribee, but some teams have had harder draws than others with teams yet to even play werribee esl or banyule. but we will see and make comments i think once every team has played each other. a few of the sides in the bottom six will have much better second half of the year and therefore will be able to prepare themselves for games better. will be a closing finish for that 4th spot i think

You must of been dropped on your head as a kid, the doctor actually wanted to terminate your birth cause you were not all there. He was right!
You are very uninformed?? Free ticket into D2 half the club played into D2 last year, end of story.

What was our quick fix???

Yes we attempted to get Under 19's like we have the past couple years, fell a little short with number.

Who were the leaders that didnt show up??? and who is to say if they did miss, that they might of had a reason!

You are a flog! Now at least let me have a right of reply, who do you play for??????? My tip is you will be to weak and gutless to tell all!

I am glad the marriage has worked between you and your sister.

Look forward to your reply. Your a stain on society!

My guess is he might be from a club that got relegated last year and he's still a little dirty on that. Or maybe dirty that St. Mary's skipped ahead of them in D3. Just my guess anyway.

Please don't associate yourself with OW LB. We wouldnt take you if you paid us.

ok - I'll dish out some tips

Banyule hosting SMS - the combine are out of form & have some injuries, they need to turn things around in the next few weeks. BUT the trip to Banyule is not going to help - the Bears are in cruise control and will take this by 42 points.

Atleast SMS have played AT ESL, Werribee and after this Banyule so that is a positive

Ivanhoe travelling to OP - crunch game again - a win here and 3/4 record could be enough for a temporary 5th place. Just havent seen enough of OP to suggest that they can trouble an Ivanhoe side that gives a heap of cheek every week. Ivanhoe by 24 points

OW hosting Bentleigh. Well I tipped Bentleigh last week and I feel let down. OW just have to win on their home turf - have to - I'll give them the nod this week. OW by 20 points

Glen Eira hosting Therry - well I honestly feel Therry are a tad underrated - they pushed us all the way last week and with Bannister back have a quality target up forward. But I also have to respect GE who got an impressive win last week. They are just too big for Therry in the key positions and with Massis back and in the best last week - they also have the running capacity. GE by 36 points.

Finally we host the Werribee juggernaught, we'll give it our best shot. It might be enough. ESL by 20 points

Banyule hosting SMS - the combine are out of form & have some injuries, they need to turn things around in the next few weeks. BUT the trip to Banyule is not going to help - the Bears are in cruise control and will take this by 42 points.

Atleast SMS have played AT ESL, Werribee and after this Banyule so that is a positive

Ivanhoe travelling to OP - crunch game again - a win here and 3/4 record could be enough for a temporary 5th place. Just havent seen enough of OP to suggest that they can trouble an Ivanhoe side that gives a heap of cheek every week. Ivanhoe by 24 points

OW hosting Bentleigh. Well I tipped Bentleigh last week and I feel let down. OW just have to win on their home turf - have to - I'll give them the nod this week. OW by 20 points

Glen Eira hosting Therry - well I honestly feel Therry are a tad underrated - they pushed us all the way last week and with Bannister back have a quality target up forward. But I also have to respect GE who got an impressive win last week. They are just too big for Therry in the key positions and with Massis back and in the best last week - they also have the running capacity. GE by 36 points.

Finally we host the Werribee juggernaught, we'll give it our best shot. It might be enough. ESL by 20 points

Banyule 78 points
Ivanhoe 12 points
Bentleigh 23 points
Glen Eira 50 points
Werribee (by a point)

Drifter, you could be the scribe for our section I reckon!
For what its worth:
Banyule - Banyule playing some very good footy, and at home will beat SMS by 10 goals
Ivanhoe v OP - Ivanhoe at home with the bigger bodies, and have been playing some good footy. OP looking to rebound after last weeks effort against Banyule - Ivanhoe by 5 goals for mine, with Pace the difference.
OW v Bentleigh - Bentleigh had a chance to impress last week and dissapointed all on their home patch. Tend to agree with you Drifter, OW just have to win this or they will be way too far back. OW by 2 points.
Glen Eira v Therry - Actually think Therry are still a chance to play finals. Glen Eira play their ground very well, and have some huge bodies that will trouble Therry. I'm not sure Glen Eira have anybody to do the job on Bannister however, and it will be all important in the middle. I'm tipping an upset and going with Therry, in what could be an 8 point game. Therry by 1 point.
Finally - ESL hosting the champs. Will be a cracker, and the match of the round. ESL are just going at the moment, winning, but not by huge margins. Werribee are taking all before them, and have been smashing sides. I'm going to go with the home side here by 1 point!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back