D2 D2 Ammos 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be very interesting to see how OW go this week. Improvement in them will be measured this week up against a really quality side. OW have a bit of a tough run to come. I would Expect ESL to win, and GE will be breathing easy on Saturday night with a 2 game break in 4th. I think Werribee will just get over the line against Banyule, Bentliegh to win, the hoes, and previously stated, ESL to win by either 2 goals or 10 goals. We will see witch OW will turn up this week

If the Hoes win as you predict, they will remain within a game of GE.

Tips this week:
ESL over OW by 2 goals - OW playing good footy but ESL too strong at home
OP's over Bentleigh by 5 goals. - OP's great effort last week, Bentleigh will be there abouts but not quite.
Ivanhoe over Therry - actually think this may be a bit of a blow out - Ivanhoe too consistent all over the ground - Hoes by 8 goals
Banyule over Werribee - 3 goals. Banyule too good given Werribee's injury crisis - and Banyule don't lose at home. Actually think this could be a bit of a blow out as well. Wouldn't surprise to see Banyule win by plenty - with nobody able to stop Gayfer.
GE over SMS - both teams form has been abysmal the past two weeks - but GE less so and more to play for. GE by 7 goals.

All the best for everyone involved

Tips this week:
ESL over OW by 2 goals - OW playing good footy but ESL too strong at home
OP's over Bentleigh by 5 goals. - OP's great effort last week, Bentleigh will be there abouts but not quite.
Ivanhoe over Therry - actually think this may be a bit of a blow out - Ivanhoe too consistent all over the ground - Hoes by 8 goals
Banyule over Werribee - 3 goals. Banyule too good given Werribee's injury crisis - and Banyule don't lose at home. Actually think this could be a bit of a blow out as well. Wouldn't surprise to see Banyule win by plenty - with nobody able to stop Gayfer.
GE over SMS - both teams form has been abysmal the past two weeks - but GE less so and more to play for. GE by 7 goals.

All the best for everyone involved

My tips.

ESL at home over OW 22pts, OW are coming though! Lever back last week is big in for OW.
OP's over Bentleigh 33 pts, OP's may have turned corner last week.
Ivanhoe 22pts over Therry, is Bannister back to counteract Pace?
Werribee over Banyule 9pts. Flip of coin for me here.
SMS by 11pts & win for Skipper Oldy's 150th.

My tips.

ESL at home over OW 22pts, OW are coming though! Lever back last week is big in for OW.
OP's over Bentleigh 33 pts, OP's may have turned corner last week.
Ivanhoe 22pts over Therry, is Bannister back to counteract Pace?
Werribee over Banyule 9pts. Flip of coin for me here.
SMS by 11pts & win for Skipper Oldy's 150th.

Oldy's 150th !! Nice work and congrats to him. Very good player and a great bloke. I wish him well and hope that the combine can muster a little emotion to get a win for him on the big day.

Well done Oldy from the old bugger at Hoe park - you lined up for a few of mine, then got 30 odd touches and made my milestone games less memorable - you pr..k :D

The Chump.

5 from 5 last week, lets home I can do the same here.
This weeks Tips:

ESL v OW. Massive game. ESL chasing top two. OW chasing that 4th finals spot. We kept with ESL in Rd 1, and they are beatable, but it will take 4 quarters of good hard footy to do it. Our form in considerably better than last time and I think we have what it takes to stop Drifter's boy. OW by 13 points.

OP v Bentleigh. OP did us a favour last week by knocking off GE, and Bentleigh's form hasn't been very good, apart from last week’s effort against the Tigers. Can't go past OP here. 36 points.

TP v I. Apart from the win against SMS, TP have been ordinary of late. Ivanhoe are a very hard side to beat, no matter where the game is played. Ivanhoe cannot afford to lose this one if the want that 4th spot. But again, Ivanhoe losing helps us, and TP are good enough to knock over a top 6 side IMO. Lets hope it’s this week. Therry by 5 points.

GE v SMS. Love to tip SMS here, but they are S.T. Ruggling in a big way, although they did beat us earlier in the season. GE are under some pressure to stay in the 4, and I don’t think they will lose this, however I really hope they do. GE by 8 goals.

Banyule v Werribee. Match of the round. Injuries to Fastuca, D.Lee and Antonello will hurt the tigers. They got over the line last week with a strong last quarter, but were not that impressive before that by all accounts. Banyule look a very even team to me, and as Drifter said are hard to beat at home. Werribee depth is the best in the comp, but I don't think they have what it takes to beat Banyule with those players out. Banyule by 5 goals.

Would the big new recruit for Werribee that Big Cole was going on about the last couple of weeks be Zach Giles? A member of the Werribee VFL Squad? Can someone confirm..... West, Big Cole, anyone else?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Were an Undermanned Werribee just too good or were Banyule really bad?

OW finals dash hit a major pot hole.

Go tigers

I noticed Drapac didnt play for Banyule??

Anyhow Werribee way too good it seems - sewing up a top 2 result and actually giving the better result for ESL to also go top 2

Out at Bennettswood it was a farly average game not rising to any great heights. We played well in the 1st and 4th qtrs but were outplayed in the middle stanzas.

I thought Templeton did a good job across half back and looks a really good prospect for OW also.

akka they dont have what it takes. but with 10 senior players out yes 10 the 1sts and 2nds demolished the second side in both grades.you owe your mates an apology.oh thats right drapac didnt play. noy one of you tipped the tigers and i couldnt go myself but from all accounts they were awesome played for each other and woked there arses off once again. against the sleeping giants at their ground were they never lose.well i will give them some credit which you blokes find it hard to do that place has changed for the better it has the fabric of a very tight football club, god only knows what has happened down there but they have got it right and flag or no flag they will keep marching on to mske the place something to be proud of well done tigers im rapt for you.and before you have a crack about my grammar wbee high against westbourne grammar what would you xpect .

akka they dont have what it takes. but with 10 senior players out yes 10 the 1sts and 2nds demolished the second side in both grades.you owe your mates an apology.oh thats right drapac didnt play. noy one of you tipped the tigers and i couldnt go myself but from all accounts they were awesome played for each other and woked there arses off once again. against the sleeping giants at their ground were they never lose.well i will give them some credit which you blokes find it hard to do that place has changed for the better it has the fabric of a very tight football club, god only knows what has happened down there but they have got it right and flag or no flag they will keep marching on to mske the place something to be proud of well done tigers im rapt for you.and before you have a crack about my grammar wbee high against westbourne grammar what would you xpect .

I get most of that!!! Well done to Werribee - I for one thought Banyule would roll you this week but you have stamped yourselves as the team to beat yet again

Ace - I went to Werribee High, My grammer is ok. But i can understand every word that you said. Feel the same way. Werribee have great depth, and the football club is outstanding now. Has come a long way in the last 3-4 years. (when a certain coach of a rival club was coach of the 19's and wouldn't blood the better players into the seniors and nearly cost the club relegation)

Looking forward to the ESL return game and OW at home. but Tiger boys, take it one week at a time....

I tipped werribee:thumbsu:

Completely off the topic.

With the AFL having pretty much the week off this weekend, and a split round also in the VFL, Would a Friday or Saturday night game be worth something to some clubs in the VAFA?

I know that Soldiers reserves has hosted night games for WRFL junior rep games before, and facilities are not established at every ground, but a night footy game would be a great spectacle, and given the location, rival clubs could get another look at sides playing.

Would night footy interest anyone, and if so, which grounds would be able to cope with it.

I know in Werribee, if its a junior game or U/18 etc, either rep footy or local footy, friday night games have proved to massive crowd pullers.

Thoughts.....

Completely off the topic.

With the AFL having pretty much the week off this weekend, and a split round also in the VFL, Would a Friday or Saturday night game be worth something to some clubs in the VAFA?

I know that Soldiers reserves has hosted night games for WRFL junior rep games before, and facilities are not established at every ground, but a night footy game would be a great spectacle, and given the location, rival clubs could get another look at sides playing.

Would night footy interest anyone, and if so, which grounds would be able to cope with it.

I know in Werribee, if its a junior game or U/18 etc, either rep footy or local footy, friday night games have proved to massive crowd pullers.

Thoughts.....

Excellent idea TT I agree

It would have to fixtured pretty early though with both clubs agreeing to it as it may place some VAFA players unavailable.

But if the clubs agree I like it alot - I know some Club 18 finals are scheduled for Friday night this year at VAFA headqtrs

We are in the process of adding one more light to each of our towers( 3 light per tower at present) so we can submit friday night games to the VAFA next year. When played in the past (juniors) have pulled big crowds

We are in the process of adding one more light to each of our towers( 3 light per tower at present) so we can submit friday night games to the VAFA next year. When played in the past (juniors) have pulled big crowds

By process, do you mean that they are being installed now or it has been raised at board level to go forward with the plans.

Would the club have to fund, or the council? If the club, someone should get in contact with me as i am a sales rep for a lighting wholesaler and would get the club quality lamps at a good rate.

By process, do you mean that they are being installed now or it has been raised at board level to go forward with the plans.

Would the club have to fund, or the council? If the club, someone should get in contact with me as i am a sales rep for a lighting wholesaler and would get the club quality lamps at a good rate.
Getting quotes. Club will be paying. O'Brien will probably get the job. Ring President, Sandilant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back