D2 D2 Ammos 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!! Calling on the big guns!! When's C Alabakis going to be given the call up into the 1's? He has been dominating the 2's this year, so he tells me anyway!

maybe chris alabakis should play in the werribee seniors now that theyve been hit with injuries... hes too good a player to be playing twos!! he ran rings around us when we played werribee in round 10. i counted his possessions at 11... that was in the first 8 minutes!! (roughly)

Looks like Werribee have officially run out of players and will get flogged this Saturday

Ouch!!!!! You really know how to cut to the core of me drifter. The reason i made the stupid choice to play on Saturday was because we couldn't get the Mica paramedic on standby for Javo 23 or WEST.

Can guarantee you one thing though the 4 minutes that i graced the field is enough to inspire the boys from soldiers for years to come!!!!

'Stewie40' Why dont u go play for werribee if theyre that short.....take red and the blue with you..someone might be able to teach him how to coach.....

Did anyone read this weeks edition of "Horn on Wednesday" on the VAFA website? The jist of the article basically said that he welcomed the precedent of a judge's decision to jail footballers for indiscretions on the field (ala Barry Hall incident on Staker). Recently a country footballer received a jail term for an on field incident.

I mean what a crock of shit, has football come done to this? Is modern society driving football done a path where no contact can be laid against an opponent at all? Soon we'll have to scrap the tribunal system & we'll be having any report reffered to the courts.

Obvisiously Jason Horn has run out of ideas for his weekly blog & stolen Eddie McGuire's thoughts (if anyone read the Herald Sun). Give me a break, next they'll be arresting boxers in the boxing ring for KO's.

Football is a contact sport & always has been, leave this gladitorial game alone.

Did anyone read this weeks edition of "Horn on Wednesday" on the VAFA website? The jist of the article basically said that he welcomed the precedent of a judge's decision to jail footballers for indiscretions on the field (ala Barry Hall incident on Staker). Recently a country footballer received a jail term for an on field incident.

I mean what a crock of shit, has football come done to this? Is modern society driving football done a path where no contact can be laid against an opponent at all? Soon we'll have to scrap the tribunal system & we'll be having any report reffered to the courts.

Obvisiously Jason Horn has run out of ideas for his weekly blog & stolen Eddie McGuire's thoughts (if anyone read the Herald Sun). Give me a break, next they'll be arresting boxers in the boxing ring for KO's.

Football is a contact sport & always has been, leave this gladitorial game alone.

I agree to an extent. If you blatently king hit someone. I dont care whether your on a football field or in a bar. Its a dog act and you should be punished for it.

But in terms of society, political correctness is making this world unbearably perfect too much of the time. Its funny though, Scott Thompson from the Adelaide footy club leaves the scene of an accident and gets a suspended sentence, Dean Brogan punches someone at an airport, but none of these guys are in prison in the cell next to that country footballer.

And yes, Horn has plagurised Eddie McGuires article from Sunday.

I agree to an extent. If you blatently king hit someone. I dont care whether your on a football field or in a bar. Its a dog act and you should be punished for it.

Best work youve done TT

Agree with the above totally - the grey area IMO is identifying a king hit versus a hit in a fight where both parties are happy to go at it.

Very tough to judge that

Finally Jonathan Horn is the author - think the 1st name was mucked up earlier. He's a good writer for the VAFA IMO so go easy on him!!

But in terms of society, political correctness is making this world unbearably perfect too much of the time. Its funny though, Scott Thompson from the Adelaide footy club leaves the scene of an accident and gets a suspended sentence, Dean Brogan punches someone at an airport, but none of these guys are in prison in the cell next to that country footballer.

And yes, Horn has plagurised Eddie McGuires article from Sunday.

Totally agree table tennis on your comments!

Best work youve done TT

Agree with the above totally - the grey area IMO is identifying a king hit versus a hit in a fight where both parties are happy to go at it.

Very tough to judge that

Finally Jonathan Horn is the author - think the 1st name was mucked up earlier. He's a good writer for the VAFA IMO so go easy on him!!

A king hit is an attack that is unprovoked when the victim is unaware that its going to happen. Being hit in a fight when two are standing toe to toe, is the complete opposite to the definition. Its peoples perception of what a king hit in the general public that is wrong.

I.e If you punch me, and i punch you back and knock you out, that is not a king hit. But if your got your back to me, and i crown you, then that is a king hit. There is no grey area. Grey area's wouldnt be so prominent had there not been so many shark lawyers who try and get guilty people off.

I could go off on a tangent here.....

The dude chased after the bloke and hit him in the face when he wasn't looking, breaking his jaw and knocking him out for minutes.... If someone did that to you on the street you'd want them in jail...

Mind you, Barry Halls incident was pretty close to this...

The dude chased after the bloke and hit him in the face when he wasn't looking, breaking his jaw and knocking him out for minutes.... If someone did that to you on the street you'd want them in jail...

Its hard to produce laws in a society, when one bloke gets put in jail, and people like Hall, Thompson, Brogan, Pickett, Carey, Didak and many more footballers get a free pass. Would have been interesting had Andrew Krakour still been a Richmond listed player when he was sentenced last month.

If you or I did these things, that the above did, we would be eating groule and being hosed down with cold fire hoses!

Its hard to produce laws in a society, when one bloke gets put in jail, and people like Hall, Thompson, Brogan, Pickett, Carey, Didak and many more footballers get a free pass. Would have been interesting had Andrew Krakour still been a Richmond listed player when he was sentenced last month.

If you or I did these things, that the above did, we would be eating groule and being hosed down with cold fire hoses!

This thread needs 3300 views approx to crack the ton - just thought Id write that:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough bigwaz & comments from Table Tennis. I was just reading the posts from the Ovens & King League (where the country footballer who got jailed plays). it says that the player in question has got priors for assualt off the field plus has got previous history with the guy he king hit... something to do with an ex-girlfriend when they were playing at the same club.

The guy that copped the punch was left unconcious for a few minutes & teeth pushed through his lip. No one should cop this

Fair enough bigwaz & comments from Table Tennis. I was just reading the posts from the Ovens & King League (where the country footballer who got jailed plays). it says that the player in question has got priors for assualt off the field plus has got previous history with the guy he king hit... something to do with an ex-girlfriend when they were playing at the same club.

The guy that copped the punch was left unconcious for a few minutes & teeth pushed through his lip. No one should cop this

I have no problem with this bloke being in prison. This is going to sound extreme but he should be showering with Barry Hall.

If laws were consistent.....

Drawing a long long bow there TT, you have no idea of what type of priors anyone has. I would doubt very much that courts take a softly softly approach with AFL players! Maybe its just a case that they have better lawyers or have better character referances and therefore have a better chance at a reduced sentance, ect ect.

You need to look at each situation seperatly.

Drawing a long long bow there TT, you have no idea of what type of priors anyone has. I would doubt very much that courts take a softly softly approach with AFL players! Maybe its just a case that they have better lawyers or have better character referances and therefore have a better chance at a reduced sentance, ect ect.

You need to look at each situation seperatly.

Well aware of legalities of it all. Previously worked for a big time Law firm in the rialto. I know how Lawyers get in and manipulate stories.

Does a prior offence or character reference make an act any better or any worse? i dont think it does.

I think where the justice system is wrong, is that they see Jail time as a form of rehab. Realisticly this is completely the opposite to the fact.

Jail needs to be looked at as punishment, rather than rehabilitation through the eyes of the justice system.

If i king hit you. I do time for my action. I know this. So guess what, i dont make a habit of king hitting people. Barry Hall, doesnt need priors to know what he did was wrong. If violent people are put away after the first offence, then they dont get the opportunity to offend again......

I know that is a hard line. But the courts are just way too soft.

I would hate to be a copper, and do so much ground work to catch crooks these days, for them to get a soft sentence. means your hard work has amounted to nothing and the sense of protecting the neighborhood that has been appealing for you when you signed up has just disappeared at the sound of a gavell hitting the desk.

I told you all i would go off on a tangent. Now i think we should change the topic, before i fill 16 pages of football forum with what is wrong with the country!

Can't see anything wrong showering with Barry Hall, if that's what you like. Not that there's anything wrong with that:D:D

The problem with the simplistic approach of Horn's article, is that if every assault that occurs on the football field ends up in the courts, then our legal system would be even more congested and the cost to taxpayers enormous.

That's why tribunals exist; to arbitrate on football matters in accordance with the principles of natural justice.

If they do not do this or the matter is so serious a custodial sentence would be appropriate, then the opportunity is always there to take these matters to court.

However, the simplistic, populist view of Horn & co. severely undermines the important role of the VAFA tribunal & other such arbitrators in keeping relatively minor incidents out of the courts.

Well aware of legalities of it all. Previously worked for a big time Law firm in the rialto. I know how Lawyers get in and manipulate stories.

Does a prior offence or character reference make an act any better or any worse? i dont think it does.

I think where the justice system is wrong, is that they see Jail time as a form of rehab. Realisticly this is completely the opposite to the fact.

Jail needs to be looked at as punishment, rather than rehabilitation through the eyes of the justice system.

If i king hit you. I do time for my action. I know this. So guess what, i dont make a habit of king hitting people. Barry Hall, doesnt need priors to know what he did was wrong. If violent people are put away after the first offence, then they dont get the opportunity to offend again......

I know that is a hard line. But the courts are just way too soft.

I would hate to be a copper, and do so much ground work to catch crooks these days, for them to get a soft sentence. means your hard work has amounted to nothing and the sense of protecting the neighborhood that has been appealing for you when you signed up has just disappeared at the sound of a gavell hitting the desk.

I told you all i would go off on a tangent. Now i think we should change the topic, before i fill 16 pages of football forum with what is wrong with the country!

Making some very good and valid points TT. But if we were to jail all of these people then who pays the bills for this. Wouldn't we need to have pay for a few more jails in the area?

How much would the Werribee population go down by if TT had his way?

The problem with the simplistic approach of Horn's article, is that if every assault that occurs on the football field ends up in the courts, then our legal system would be even more congested and the cost to taxpayers enormous.

That's why tribunals exist; to arbitrate on football matters in accordance with the principles of natural justice.

If they do not do this or the matter is so serious a custodial sentence would be appropriate, then the opportunity is always there to take these matters to court.

However, the simplistic, populist view of Horn & co. severely undermines the important role of the VAFA tribunal & other such arbitrators in keeping relatively minor incidents out of the courts.

Agree with you 100% Wamba.

The only thing, is when do things go from VAFA (or any other assosciation) Laws, to Criminal law?

I think intentionally knocking someone out is criminal no matter where, and the VAFA have a responsibility to pass that through the tribunal straight to the Police IMO.

With the bloke in the country. i have no sympathy for. He obviously overstepped the mark on many occaisions with the same bloke who probably felt like he wasnt protected by laws (either state or football) and finally took it into his own hands by pressing charges.

The only thing, is when do things go from VAFA (or any other assosciation) Laws, to Criminal law?

TT, it goes to the courts when the tribunal can't act within the principals of natural justice.

For example, if somebody is king hit and knocked unconcious, then a six match suspension is not natural justice, therefore it goes to teh courts.

Didn't realise we had so many legal eagles on this thread. Game On watch your back, don't appreciate your coments on my beloved Werribee. I feel like a king hit coming on. Will you defend me TT???

Didn't realise we had so many legal eagles on this thread. Game On watch your back, don't appreciate your coments on my beloved Werribee. I feel like a king hit coming on. Will you defend me TT???
No worries west. I charge $2000 for every minute i work on your case! hahahaha

But since your a werribee man, i might consider pro-bono work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back