D2 D2 Ammos 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bentleigh v Westbourne. After reading how good Westbourne were in the local rag last week they should win. But with the kids playing for Bentleigh it may be closer than many may think. Westbourne by 8 points.

If Bentleigh play their 19's kids who were in the side last week they will cause an upset & knock off Old Westbourne but the question is are they focused on making finals in under 19's or avoiding relegation?

Will Robertson & Sharp be back in the Bentleigh line up?

Don't know how many of the 6 will play but hopefully we can retain atleast a couple. The boys really enjoyed stepping up and I'm sure they might be eager to give it another crack.

As for Sharpy and Robbo, who knows, both will be out of their skin to play but a fitness test may be a telling point tonight. Exciting night at the selection tables...

On an upside though, the club has shown they can get the 4 points without it's 2 spearheads, and when either of these two slot back in, the side can only become stronger.

Also, on a positive note for Werribee, is that they have the injuries now and not when it comes crunch time in finals. Better to get everone recovered and fit late in the season to have the best possible side on the paddock come late August.

That's what wer're hoping for Leftfoot. but it's all up to fate. I'm sure the rest of the clubs would be thinking the same thing, get injuries now and not at finals or relegation time.
Don't know why this phenomena happens every year in the middle of the season. Might have something to do with Winter, and with the drought,hard grounds??

That's what wer're hoping for Leftfoot. but it's all up to fate. I'm sure the rest of the clubs would be thinking the same thing, get injuries now and not at finals or relegation time.
Don't know why this phenomena happens every year in the middle of the season. Might have something to do with Winter, and with the drought,hard grounds??

Wouldnt be a tactic by the super coach would it?

Bentleigh v Westbourne

Needing the four points to get out of relegation trouble might inspire the boys again. OW however have showed they can take it up to any side of late and last time we played them we were lucky not to get thumped by more as they kicked 23 behinds. Bentleigh by 5 points

SMS v Emmaus

Most consistant team in D2 this year. Have a sterdy midfield and a strong forward line who can lead, block and cause havic for the opposition. Emmaus by 7 goals.

Ivanhoe v Glen Eira

They did this last season and are doing it again. They love their late charge home in the second half of the season and I reckon they have what it takes to account for the Hoes. Must win this one to keep their finals hopes alive and make it a 4 horse race for that final fourth spot.

Therry v Werribee

No matter how weak Werribee are, they still have the experience and ability to run over Therry. Just have to watch out for the crowd out TP way, they love getting very local and could get into the tigers ears and make them lose concentration. But Werribee is more professional than that and will get up by 6 goals.

Banyule v OP

I reckon only because of the home ground advantage. Take nothing away from OP. If the big fella Sage is not looked after he can cause some damage all over the ground but I don't think he has enough support around him for OP to take the points on the road. Banyule by 3 goals.

Bentleigh v Westbourne

Needing the four points to get out of relegation trouble might inspire the boys again. OW however have showed they can take it up to any side of late and last time we played them we were lucky not to get thumped by more as they kicked 23 behinds. Bentleigh by 5 points

SMS v Emmaus

Most consistant team in D2 this year. Have a sterdy midfield and a strong forward line who can lead, block and cause havic for the opposition. Emmaus by 7 goals.

Ivanhoe v Glen Eira

They did this last season and are doing it again. They love their late charge home in the second half of the season and I reckon they have what it takes to account for the Hoes. Must win this one to keep their finals hopes alive and make it a 4 horse race for that final fourth spot.

Therry v Werribee

No matter how weak Werribee are, they still have the experience and ability to run over Therry. Just have to watch out for the crowd out TP way, they love getting very local and could get into the tigers ears and make them lose concentration. But Werribee is more professional than that and will get up by 6 goals.

Banyule v OP

I reckon only because of the home ground advantage. Take nothing away from OP. If the big fella Sage is not looked after he can cause some damage all over the ground but I don't think he has enough support around him for OP to take the points on the road. Banyule by 3 goals.

Should i take my umbrella to shield me from the saliva leaving a ferals mouth? Are they that bad?

Yeah will get stuck into the players on anything from having their knee strapped to kicking an inside out drop punt on their preffered foot because they can't kick with their opposite (how many people can kick both feet in D2????)...

Don't just bring your umbrella too TT, bring the head gear, mits and pads aswell, as we found out from last weekend :p

Yeah will get stuck into the players on anything from having their knee strapped to kicking an inside out drop punt on their preffered foot because they can't kick with their opposite (how many people can kick both feet in D2????)...

Don't just bring your umbrella too TT, bring the head gear, mits and pads aswell, as we found out from last weekend :p

The type the probably tell Gary Ablett that he is no good?

from recent readings on bigfooty, therry dont mind a bit of a rumble....been happening fairly regularly of late.

who else has seen some kimbo slice and mike tyson work from the TP lads.

if not in amongst it....its certainly good to watch some biffo (mild forms only)

I know that, you know that but the question is do the Bentleigh selection committee know that because they have some very good kids but they appeared to only be selected were they could play 2 games in 1 day.
u19s coach often reluctant to lt his players go as they fight for a finals spot. dont think he understands what its all about. there should be some of those u19s that played last week playing every week in the bentleigh side but it just doesnt happen.
huge game for the dees this week and it will be interesting to see how many of the u19s do get picked again. a few of them clearly are good enough to be playing week in week out

D4 has twelve teams in it maybe that might have something to do with it. Other than that the discussion might be on how far every team has to travel, I'm glad I follow D2.

i think we do the most travelling of any division... we drive far & wide every saturday!! heres a chat topic:

who has the longest road trip in d2?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

u19s coach often reluctant to lt his players go as they fight for a finals spot. dont think he understands what its all about. there should be some of those u19s that played last week playing every week in the bentleigh side but it just doesnt happen.
huge game for the dees this week and it will be interesting to see how many of the u19s do get picked again. a few of them clearly are good enough to be playing week in week out

That is a situation that is just not permissable. I know i know nothing about the bentleigh footy club. but the coach of the 19's should not have a say before the senior coach or even the reserves coach.

If there is a spot in the Reserves - U/19s should be stepping up. let alone in the firsts.

Relegation is something that the club should be doing everything to prevent from happening. If the 19's have pull of the reign before the whole club, then that is a joke. Im tipping that coach is not popular amongst senior blokes. Especially if they have to go down to d3 next year.

Here goes tt on his u19s spiel again.lol
blooding young guys is important...its great for the club, as along as the young fella wants to i say, its his choice in end (unless he has a protective mother)
All the best for Bentleigh and others in relegation zone....but it has to happen to someone and thats the way the comp works.
Whilst relegation is not ideal...sometimes its a good way for the club to rebuild and taste some success to attract more and new people to the club....Credit to Willy CY's, flying in D3. Likewise with West Brunswick and Kew in D4.

Sometimes its good. or sometimes it can spiral out of control and the dreaded double drop can occur.

OW by 20pts in a tightish contest against Bentleigh.
ESL to win a tough battle against a somewhat in form SMS, by 18pts
Glen Eira to knock Ivanhoe in probably the match of the round by 10pts
Werribee to get the points with a much publicised depleted line up.
Banyule back in the winners circle this week.

good luck with ya multis, dreamteams and supercoaches this week.

Might do the Demons a good turn to go back to D3 , without their nemises SMD and win a pennant. With such exciting prospects in the juniors they may do well in D3 next season.
Only a thought though.

Might do the Demons a good turn to go back to D3 , without their nemises SMD and win a pennant. With such exciting prospects in the juniors they may do well in D3 next season.
Only a thought though.

youve hit the nail right on the head sidewinder - i dont think we'll be encountering south melbourne districts anytime soon thankfully!! it may be a job to keep the juniors though - theres the ever present "lure" that looms largely in the southern suburbs & if youre a young, capable player, you might just be persuaded. i was chatting to a couple of committee members about this very same subject 2 thursdays ago... its an interesting dilemma.

Yeah! Bentleigh have been the unluckiest club to enter the ammos in the last decade.
I, personally, do not like SMD and I am of the opinion that Bentleigh are a good district club and should taste a little "sweetness". They are supporting juniors and should reap some benefit! A pennant would go a long way to keeping district clubs alive!
Go Bentleigh.And before anybody suggests I am a loyal Bentleigh tragic...I am NOT!

Podgy not as bad as first thought. Will know more tonight after going to physio yesterday. Will know who's back tonight after training. Itsa may push for selection. I know the coach rates him highly but will depend on chairman of selectors for his nod, and if 2's coach let's him go.

itsa play's 1's..............
itsa's back, wat do you think of this one man band..........

Yeah! Bentleigh have been the unluckiest club to enter the ammos in the last decade.
I, personally, do not like SMD and I am of the opinion that Bentleigh are a good district club and should taste a little "sweetness". They are supporting juniors and should reap some benefit! A pennant would go a long way to keeping district clubs alive!
Go Bentleigh.And before anybody suggests I am a loyal Bentleigh tragic...I am NOT!

aw, youre a good bloke sidewinder!! id reckon you would have a heap of people agreeing with you about south melbourne districts. we have a good junior program that should reap benefits in a few years with the kids playing seniors at bentleigh & yes, a premiership would help!

& it sounds like youve been on our wagon for a while as well!!

i think we do the most travelling of any division... we drive far & wide every saturday!! heres a chat topic:

who has the longest road trip in d2?

D4 West Brunswick
Kew
St Francis (Beaconsfield)
Mt Lilydale
Albert Park
Box Hill North
Richmond
Eley Park (Box Hill)
South Mornington
Bulleen
Syndal
North Brunswick

Bold stands for road trips for you Stewie. A couple of derby games in there Stewie but other than that I'd hate to play for Mt Lilydale or South Mornington, D2 all the way for me.

Here goes tt on his u19s spiel again.lol
blooding young guys is important...its great for the club, as along as the young fella wants to i say, its his choice in end (unless he has a protective mother)
All the best for Bentleigh and others in relegation zone....but it has to happen to someone and thats the way the comp works.
Whilst relegation is not ideal...sometimes its a good way for the club to rebuild and taste some success to attract more and new people to the club....Credit to Willy CY's, flying in D3. Likewise with West Brunswick and Kew in D4.

Sometimes its good. or sometimes it can spiral out of control and the dreaded double drop can occur.

Mr Montana, I will never agree with you on the relegation is a good thing.

Why wouldnt they try and survive and have a crack at winning the D2 flag next year. If their kids are competitive this year, then they will be better next year. why would they want to drop thier standards????

Bentleigh need to stop thier club being r*ped by a 3rds side and let the seniors take all preferences

was there a fair old dust up between these two clubs then?

Crowd and players involved in a melee witch i am led to believe charges have been laid.

Happened in the 4th quarter of Spotswood giving Glen Orden a bath at Glen Orden.

17 year old kid knocked unconcious apparently.

Massive game at Bentleigh - to be honest Im shocked at last week's demolition by the Demons but its livened up this thread. On that basis I find Bentleigh the hardest team to read in D2. These 6 kids cant be that good or they would have played 1's all year. Fridman playing is a massive bonus for the Demons, and maybe Sharp/Robbo or both will come back. Regardless every week is an elimination final for OW who did what they had to last week. Somehow they will win - OW by 24 points

Werribee travel to Therry who continue to disappoint me (see last week result above). The Bees will win this - interesting with the injuries at Tigerland are there 2's vulnerable against the Therry Magoos. Keep an eye on that early result. Werribee by 48 points

OP arent in bad form - Banyule arent in their best form. Bounce back or not this wont be a blow out as some experts tip. But the Bears will get the points at home - Im guessing 30 points

Ivanhoe hosting Glen Eira in the Match of the Round. On form this is a no brainer but the teams are evenly matched record wise and possibly ability wise. Prob the two hardest teams at the footy and man in D2. The Hoes are a more even squad whilst GE rely on their stars - especially up forward to kick their score. On that basis Ivanhoe to severely dent the Saints Top 4 claims - the Hoes by 24 points

ESL to win at SMS in a tough ask for us against our new local rival for the Saints Challenge Cup which we have never lost (1/1:D)

Good luck to all - I cant handle hot chicks at work - totally distracting

Finally back to back record covers for Leos - I'll autograph a copy if you PM me and ask nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back