D2 D2 Ammos 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting topic of discussion. But enjoyed reading peoples thoughts.

TT i think you need to know a lot more about each individual case before you throw everyone in jail. I have no doubt that the level of lawyers is the reason AFL players have a better "let off" rate than your average joe. Not only would the high profile people have high profile character witnesses but they would also draw on all the positive things the celebrities do within the community. Charities and public awarness that footballers are involved in would be looked upon favourable when the character of the defendant is being judged. This in turn effects the decision on whether they are regretfull and whether they are likely to re offend.

All this being said, i'm sure there is a lot of people who have been hit or hit someone like Hall did without a million cameras recording it and without any consequences applying. I hardly think AFL players get off easily.

I'm sure a dust up or 2 at the local night club occure were an everyday person goes unpunished.

I think we need to let the judisciary system continue the way it is. When extreme cases (like the Ovens & King) case come round then it can be taken further by either the league or the individuals.

No worries west. I charge $2000 for every minute i work on your case! hahahaha

But since your a werribee man, i might consider pro-bono work.
TT I can afford that as my rate is $2,500 a minute. By the way is there any games on this week or do we have a bye. How about some predictions. It is thursday!!:D

OW to get the chocolates against Bentliegh.
Emmaus to handle SMS
The Hoebags to get passed GE at home
Werribee to dismantle Therry Penola (Giarusso could kick a bag in this one if he stays in the seniors)
Banyule to beat OP

Interesting topic of discussion. But enjoyed reading peoples thoughts.

TT i think you need to know a lot more about each individual case before you throw everyone in jail. I have no doubt that the level of lawyers is the reason AFL players have a better "let off" rate than your average joe. Not only would the high profile people have high profile character witnesses but they would also draw on all the positive things the celebrities do within the community. Charities and public awarness that footballers are involved in would be looked upon favourable when the character of the defendant is being judged. This in turn effects the decision on whether they are regretfull and whether they are likely to re offend.

All this being said, i'm sure there is a lot of people who have been hit or hit someone like Hall did without a million cameras recording it and without any consequences applying. I hardly think AFL players get off easily.

I'm sure a dust up or 2 at the local night club occure were an everyday person goes unpunished.

I think we need to let the judisciary system continue the way it is. When extreme cases (like the Ovens & King) case come round then it can be taken further by either the league or the individuals.

Had brent Staker been your son, what would have you thought of Barry Halls punishment, and then to see him try and do it again on Saturday night. Obviously the punishment didnt teach him a lesson.

Has anyone checked out the 5 chicks below. The 47 year old looks 25. Fancy putting that sort of thing on our thread. What sort of people do they think we are.

OW to get the chocolates against Bentliegh.
Emmaus to handle SMS
The Hoebags to get passed GE at home
Werribee to dismantle Therry Penola (Giarusso could kick a bag in this one if he stays in the seniors)
Banyule to beat OP

I'm going with your tips this weekend TT

Hoes V GE a massive game. the loser of this game can just about kiss finals goodbye. And the winner will only need to beat OW in the coming weeks to all but cement their spot in 4th come 1st week of finals.

Has anyone checked out the 5 chicks below. The 47 year old looks 25. Fancy putting that sort of thing on our thread. What sort of people do they think we are.

They are all the same person are they not?

Bentleigh v Westbourne. After reading how good Westbourne were in the local rag last week they should win. But with the kids playing for Bentleigh it may be closer than many may think. Westbourne by 8 points.

SMS v Emmaus. If SMS can produce the same footy as last week against us and maintain it for 4 quarters they will push Emmaus. But Emmaus should win even with SMS big fella Hill slotting a few through. Emmaus by 4 goals

Ivanhoe v Glen Eira. Flag favourites Ivanhoe should demolish Glen Eira at home and push Banyule for 3rd spot. Very strong at home. Hoes by 5 goals

Therry v Werribee. We beat them well at home first round with a full side but this time will be closer with injuries and playing away. A couple of in's for us, but we have lost another 2 last week. Werribee by 2 goals

Banyule v OP. Massacre of the round. Banyule at home needs and will show the rest of the comp. that they will be up there with the rest of us. Banyule by 12 goals.

CLUB WAREHOUSE RISING STAR

Christopher Beluszar - Emmaus St Leos

Chris Beluszar joined Emmaus St. Leo's Old Collegians Football Club at the beginning of the 2007 season, and has played all games since in the seniors. A talented junior basketballer, Chris gave up on his basketball dream to play footy with his mates, being an ex Emmaus College student.

In the Emmaus St Leos Senior team Chris is currently holding down centre half forward and having an exceptional season. He has an amazing vertical leap, a great set of hands and his goal kicking accuracy has improved immensely. Chris is a hard trainer, and I can't remember him missing a session for any reason. He is regularly first on the track and is still practicing his goal kicking when we have to drag him off the track for team meetings!

All at Emmaus St. Leo's are delighted with Chris' development and the leadership qualities he shows on and off the ground. A key part of an extremely young playing group, Chris is someone that all players look up to and his preparation and determination are a lesson for all. We look forward to Chris' further development as a player and person and to him joining the leadership ranks at our Club and playing an important role in our future success.

Chris has been added to the Under 23 squad after his 8 goal best on ground performance against Glen Eira last Saturday.

--------------------

Congratulations to Chris.

Anyone else at their clubs have anyone in the u23 Squad?

I'm guessing a couple of the boys at Werribbee might double up from their u19s effort??

Can that be conscrued as Racist. If so I know a good lawyer:D:D

cant be anything other than question. Was not a statement, still waiting for someone to clarify! hahaha

Please note: im not a lawyer. Was a paralegal for a couple of months, now a sales rep for a lighting company. traded white collar for a blue one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bentleigh v Westbourne. After reading how good Westbourne were in the local rag last week they should win. But with the kids playing for Bentleigh it may be closer than many may think. Westbourne by 8 points.

SMS v Emmaus. If SMS can produce the same footy as last week against us and maintain it for 4 quarters they will push Emmaus. But Emmaus should win even with SMS big fella Hill slotting a few through. Emmaus by 4 goals

Ivanhoe v Glen Eira. Flag favourites Ivanhoe should demolish Glen Eira at home and push Banyule for 3rd spot. Very strong at home. Hoes by 5 goals

Therry v Werribee. We beat them well at home first round with a full side but this time will be closer with injuries and playing away. A couple of in's for us, but we have lost another 2 last week. Werribee by 2 goals

Banyule v OP. Massacre of the round. Banyule at home needs and will show the rest of the comp. that they will be up there with the rest of us. Banyule by 12 goals.

How long is podge out for? Saw him on Saturday night, he looks unco at the best of time, but when he is limping with a bung ankle he looks like a new born giraffe.

Who is back?

how did an overseas singles matchmaking website find this one i wonder?? any thoughts anyone?

heres an interesting statistic: the d4 forum has the largest amount of views for d section football: 115 099 at last count. what is it about d4 football thats so interesting??

how did an overseas singles matchmaking website find this one i wonder?? any thoughts anyone?

heres an interesting statistic: the d4 forum has the largest amount of views for d section football: 115 099 at last count. what is it about d4 football thats so interesting??

D4 has twelve teams in it maybe that might have something to do with it. Other than that the discussion might be on how far every team has to travel, I'm glad I follow D2.

We're reeling in C Section - thats all that matters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsu:

I'll tip 1st thing tomorrow - this thing called work has popped up

If Bentleigh play their 19's kids who were in the side last week they will cause an upset & knock off Old Westbourne but the question is are they focused on making finals in under 19's or avoiding relegation?

Will Robertson & Sharp be back in the Bentleigh line up?

How long is podge out for? Saw him on Saturday night, he looks unco at the best of time, but when he is limping with a bung ankle he looks like a new born giraffe.

Who is back?
Podgy not as bad as first thought. Will know more tonight after going to physio yesterday. Will know who's back tonight after training. Itsa may push for selection. I know the coach rates him highly but will depend on chairman of selectors for his nod, and if 2's coach let's him go.

If Bentleigh play their 19's kids who were in the side last week they will cause an upset & knock off Old Westbourne but the question is are they focused on making finals in under 19's or avoiding relegation?

Will Robertson & Sharp be back in the Bentleigh line up?

We've been through this Tiger Tough

The seniors come 1st even though the Undies are on the edge of the Top 4

Please pay attention!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've been through this Tiger Tough

The seniors come 1st even though the Undies are on the edge of the Top 4

Please pay attention!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know that, you know that but the question is do the Bentleigh selection committee know that because they have some very good kids but they appeared to only be selected were they could play 2 games in 1 day.

Bentleigh is a proud club and I'm sure they will do all they can not to be relegated. Any way why would the u19's want to win a flag and then play seniors in D3 next year?
Go the red and the blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back