D2 D2 Ammos 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely we wont have to play finals at Parkdale. In my opinion the ground was very sub-standard last year and not really close to any of the teams in D2.

As stated in some of the other forums going around the place, I get the feeling that HQ are not really that worried about divisions below C grade! I think they just find the cheapest grounds avaliable that suit their standards then plonk games on it.

How many good quality grounds have a fence around so they can still charge to get in anyway?

question is now game on, are you able to make the four? just noticed youve 4 tough games to finish off with & old westbourne did you no favours by beating therry penola by 81 points on saturday.

shooters the same at training - out of 50 shots, he'll nail at least 45 from all angles.

is it always that blustery at packer park? i was watching from the scoreboard side saturday & it was blowing right through me! does it always blow to the leila st end?

Have made it very hard for ourselves Stewie. We now have to win at least 3 of 4 I think and hope that the Hoe's somehow fall in a whole. I'm more worried about Ivanhoe than Westbourne though, OW's have a very tougher run home than us. GE v OW in a few weeks will knock one of us out!

I'd rather be in our position than yours though. Been in the relagation battle many times over the last few years, it's not good for the health.

It was a little more blustery than usual on Saturday, as many would have noticed around the grounds. It usually always goes to the leila rd end at packer, however alot of goals get kicked up the other end for some reason!

Sorry Wamba - I missed it ......I was purchasing a Hot Dog at the time;)

Chump.

Trav was reported for "attempting to trip" T. Lee (#3) of Weribee. Not much in it. Reflex action -- stuck the leg out to stop him.
Anyway, Im gonna put my 2 bobs worth in from the weekend..... Best display of umpiring I have seen in 2 years playing with Ivanhoe. Amazing what a difference it makes for both the players and supporters. Well done umps. (Still can't believe I have said that!)
As for the game, an undermanned Hoes side was overrun in the last term. The game had hard footy for the first 3 qtrs though. With a bit of luck, there could be up to 8 players back this week for the Hoes.

Trav was reported for "attempting to trip" T. Lee (#3) of Weribee. Not much in it. Reflex action -- stuck the leg out to stop him.
Anyway, Im gonna put my 2 bobs worth in from the weekend..... Best display of umpiring I have seen in 2 years playing with Ivanhoe. Amazing what a difference it makes for both the players and supporters. Well done umps. (Still can't believe I have said that!)
As for the game, an undermanned Hoes side was overrun in the last term. The game had hard footy for the first 3 qtrs though. With a bit of luck, there could be up to 8 players back this week for the Hoes.

Well if there wasnt much in it, then he can expect 6 weeks off. Knowing the VAFA Tribunal

Are you getting ahead of yourself? Talking finals already. Is it really you? Maybe those nuts are starting to take root after the rain.
Finals played at Parkdale last year.
Now make sure not to talk it up too much or we might think someone else is using your pseudonym (username for the uninitiated)

They were Elsternwick Park last year West - what was at Parkdale???

Are you getting ahead of yourself? Talking finals already. Is it really you? Maybe those nuts are starting to take root after the rain.
Finals played at Parkdale last year.
Now make sure not to talk it up too much or we might think someone else is using your pseudonym (username for the uninitiated)

No despite our struggles we are mathematically assured finals after the last round's results. So whether we finish top 2 or 3rd we will get 1 final

No despite our struggles we are mathematically assured finals after the last round's results. So whether we finish top 2 or 3rd we will get 1 final

Drifter, have you taken into account all of those unregistered players you played?

You could still miss out if the ammos are on to you!!!

Drifter, have you taken into account all of those unregistered players you played?

You could still miss out if the ammos are on to you!!!
Unregistered players you say. Unheard of. You must be trying to stir up some trouble for ESL. They wouldn't play unregistered players surely.:rolleyes:

Unregistered players you say. Unheard of. You must be trying to stir up some trouble for ESL. They wouldn't play unregistered players surely.:rolleyes:
No trouble making here. I've got a lot of time for the red hot premiership favourites!!

Just making sure they've dotted their i's and crossed their t's, that's all!!!:D

No trouble making here. I've got a lot of time for the red hot premiership favourites!!

Just making sure they've dotted their i's and crossed their t's, that's all!!!:D

Its not our fault some of our regular players wont sign the form to formally come across

Now WEST we fully remember who beat us in last year's final

it was WERRIBEE

Thats why sitting top of the ladder and with the highest D2 seeding based on last year you deserve Premiership favouritism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its not our fault some of our regular players wont sign the form to formally come across

Now WEST we fully remember who beat us in last year's final

it was WERRIBEE

Thats why sitting top of the ladder and with the highest D2 seeding based on last year you deserve Premiership favouritism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OK I'll concede, we're flag favourites. Does'nt mean anything. Still need to play good footy for rest of home and away and then it starts all over again with four clubs vying for the flag.
And as everyone knows anything can happen in finals.

OK I'll concede, we're flag favourites. Does'nt mean anything. Still need to play good footy for rest of home and away and then it starts all over again with four clubs vying for the flag.

Yes, the hoes came from the elimination final last year to make the big dance.

Chump.

Eveyone knows it West, but none better than you Werribee boys, this season is starting to look like 2005 all over again........!!!

Eveyone knows it West, but none better than you Werribee boys, this season is starting to look like 2005 all over again........!!!
What a stupid comment. Different players, different coach, different mind set. Why don't you worry about your club and see if they can keep up with us on Saturday.

St Mary's must be looking forward to renewing a few rivalries with the teams of D3 and D4?

What are their chances of survival this year?

St Mary's must be looking forward to renewing a few rivalries with the teams of D3 and D4?

What are their chances of survival this year?
SMS dont have the worst finish to the season in terms of who they play. they face teams sitting in (current positions) 9th, 5th, 3rd and 8th.
huge "8 point" game this week against therry. we at bentleigh would be hoping SMS can win so both sides stay below us, otherwise therry with a win would jump above (unless we can score the points over ivanhoe).
I suggest come round 18 the bentleigh v SMS clash will have a lot riding on it. always good to still have something to play for in the final round of the year rather than just going through the motions. I guess the other side to the argument is youd rather not be in relegation position at all.

What a stupid comment. Different players, different coach, different mind set. Why don't you worry about your club and see if they can keep up with us on Saturday.

hahah, just what I was looking for!

I have watched as many of your games as I have Westbourne games this year buddy, and I am not affiliated with either club. I just enjoy watching ammo footy as opposed to watching my old club play in the GDFL. Looking forward to the weekends game though, and I think you boys will win.

But finals are a different story.......

SMS dont have the worst finish to the season in terms of who they play. they face teams sitting in (current positions) 9th, 5th, 3rd and 8th.
huge "8 point" game this week against therry. we at bentleigh would be hoping SMS can win so both sides stay below us, otherwise therry with a win would jump above (unless we can score the points over ivanhoe).
I suggest come round 18 the bentleigh v SMS clash will have a lot riding on it. always good to still have something to play for in the final round of the year rather than just going through the motions. I guess the other side to the argument is youd rather not be in relegation position at all.

Task becomes even harder with Ivanhoe getting back a few valuable inclusions!

Task becomes even harder with Ivanhoe getting back a few valuable inclusions!

Dont get too defencive boys. Bentleigh have a real chance against the hoes this week. Especially if you keep rolling on from your last half on Saturday! Ivanhoe were up for a long time and maybe last week we saw the start of their decline again. Sharp back in form, and when will Robbo return? Just need a few things to go your way and you could sneak away with the 4 points. Would help us greatly!

hahah, just what I was looking for!

I have watched as many of your games as I have Westbourne games this year buddy, and I am not affiliated with either club. I just enjoy watching ammo footy as opposed to watching my old club play in the GDFL. Looking forward to the weekends game though, and I think you boys will win.

But finals are a different story.......
Why don't you go back to Centrals where you belong. The've always spruked how good a competition they have, so why come and have a look at the Ammo's? Wouldn't be because they're crap without our boys being there. We have supplied them with good players for years.

Dont get too defencive boys. Bentleigh have a real chance against the hoes this week. Especially if you keep rolling on from your last half on Saturday! Ivanhoe were up for a long time and maybe last week we saw the start of their decline again. Sharp back in form, and when will Robbo return? Just need a few things to go your way and you could sneak away with the 4 points. Would help us greatly!

G'day Game on, let me give you an inside look at how the Hoes see this week:

* VERY BIG GAME - last time we were lucky that the Dees made several costly turnovers that helped us get over the line. We have always had close games with them and expect it to be another this week.

* We MUST win to keep our chances alive of playing finals.

* Several inclusions will help - but does not mean you will win.

* We have not been UP - just building as we got players back over past weeks. Last week we were (as a whole club) very short on available players. This and the very good play of the Bees saw us not up to the challenge.

* Finally, we were said to be 'only making up the numbers' at the start of the year. To have an opportunity to not only stay up, but have the chance to make finals is a very big driving force behind us wanting to prove a few people wrong.

It's going to be a tough game, we rate the Dee's and know they will be very, very hungry for a win. Hopefully we are up for the challenge.

The Chump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back