D2 D2 Ammos 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realise that Game on, however, in the history of the AFL before the current system, no one was ever rubbed out for it.

I think the current VAFA tribunal are power happy and if you contest the report they will suspend you for making them front up on a tuesday night. It is a joke that Ivanhoe would have thought to take the prescribed penalty knowing it would have sacrificed him for another week at least on top of the one.

You need people playing the game, not rubbing them out for things that are tit for tat.

Any other league this would have been thrown out.

You'd be annoyed to if you were over 70 yrs old & had to come out a cold winter night on Tuesdays. Normally to be tucked away in bed after the 7.30 Report on ABC, instead, having to chair the tribunal. :D

You'd be annoyed to if you were over 70 yrs old & had to come out a cold winter night on Tuesdays. Normally to be tucked away in bed after the 7.30 Report on ABC, instead, having to chair the tribunal. :D

I hear that traffic can be awful from Toorak to Elsternwick too. :p

can anyone tell me if chris clement still plays for bentleigh, or is the rumour true has he moved out to altona?

His given that idea the flick from my understanding. Just wasn't enough on the cards to keep him there :p

The kid IMO would slot in nicely into the FB position come time to pick the D2 Team of the Year.

Playing down your digust with the VAFA system Chump?

Hahaha fair enough, i just think that they are on a power trip.

Just getting on with it TT. We need to focus on every game to give ourselves the best chance of making the finals - not things out of our control:p

Chump.

His given that idea the flick from my understanding. Just wasn't enough on the cards to keep him there :p

The kid IMO would slot in nicely into the FB position come time to pick the D2 Team of the Year.

Come off it LFK

I love your passion but this is like praising the Ivanhoe 2's

Bentleigh have conceded the most points against in D2 this year and you think your full back can take the team of the year position....................................

Who would you give the full back to Drifter?

Has Volpi spent most of his time there or at centre half???

As you would know Wamba the Volpinator is a CHB/Back up ruck at best:thumbsu:

Clearly No 9. Michael Christian from Banyule is a major contender as is your Chump, Rothe also from Banyule, James Rogers (pre-injury) from SMS an outsider and anyone from the Werribee back 6

LFK - how many games has your FB played in the 1's please so I can honestly assess him

Who would you give the full back to Drifter?

Has Volpi spent most of his time there or at centre half???

In my team of the year at the half way point I had Rothe had full back as Banyule seem to put him in the best alot whether justified or not

He has missed quite a few weeks in the back stretch though

Come off it LFK

I love your passion but this is like praising the Ivanhoe 2's

Bentleigh have conceded the most points against in D2 this year and you think your full back can take the team of the year position....................................

Drifter I understand where your coming from, but just because a team conceeds the most amount of goals it does not mean our backline or FB is doing a bad job. A lot of goals can come from the mid-field brigade as well.

Clement had an up and down start to the year but is now playing some great footy and against Clarke and GE I would have probably put him close to BOG. The kid can loose his head here and there but against the better forwards he has been doing a terrific job. Maybe he might not slot straight into a FB but definately a BP position would have his name cemented on it.

Anyhow, it's Thursday, how about we get some tips rolling?

Clearly No 9. Michael Christian from Banyule is a major contender as is your Chump, Rothe also from Banyule, James Rogers (pre-injury) from SMS an outsider and anyone from the Werribee back 6

LFK - how many games has your FB played in the 1's please so I can honestly assess him

2008 - ALL.
2007 - Played u19s and Seniors.

Clearly No 9. Michael Christian from Banyule is a major contender

Agree Drifter that Christian does a good job:thumbsu:

Werribee appear to have quite a few options going through.

It's a tough one full back because as we all know, everyone's focus is on the full-forward.

Keep talking up the Werribee boys. But obviously no-one knows what's going on as we have had most of our backline out for most of the year due to injuries. So don't say that ALL our backline would be in there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

heres an interesting topic for discussion:

has any player from any team had a serious injury that has required surgery this season? we here at bentleigh have had a player that has had a metal plate & screws put into his broken hand that has ruled him out for the remainder of this year.

any other club suffered the same fate?

Keep talking up the Werribee boys. But obviously no-one knows what's going on as we have had most of our backline out for most of the year due to injuries. So don't say that ALL our backline would be in there.

Want me to post your best 22 in position then West???

It's not the Chump drifter ........although our full back (The Chief) has had a great season.

I would slot the chump in for the best 'utility' in the 'over the hill hacks' team of the year.

Cheers, Chump.

has any player from any team had a serious injury that has required surgery this season? we here at bentleigh have had a player that has had a metal plate & screws put into his broken hand that has ruled him out for the remainder of this year.

One of our boys smashed his knuckle early in the year. Has had a few op's and at one stage was thinking he may lose the finger. He has still not returned.

Just from the top of my head, we've had 1 knee op (full reco), 1 finger op and awaiting 1 shoulder op (reco). Think that covers the guys with ops, but think we had 2 cases of cracked/broken ribs also.

SMS

4 Knees (3 ACL, 1 PCL) 2 of them still awaiting surgery.
1 Back operation

Really, FB in the team of team of the year coming from the team that has conceded more goals than any other?

Try again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back