D2 D2 Ammos 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For obvious reasons as discussed last week - I have had to back down and not post your best 22 on the thread.

We play you 2 more times minimum and I'd hate the legendary Norton to make adjustments based on an internet forum....

On to our game with the Raiders - the green and purple lads kept at it all day and are heading in the right direction in my opinion.

Close, but no cigar. At least several players you have missed out on. Amazes me the amount of discussion about us and nothing on ESL
Akka do you have ESL's team sheets and give your thoughts on ESL's best 22 or anyone else, since we might as well talk about finals

Well thats a relief - dont think team lineups should be posted on this forum as I said earlier.

Cheers

Splinters:thumbsu:

Fair to say Pace was way too Big and Strong for the Dees First FB.
LFK who is this FB in your team of the year?? The Boys from the Boulevard really proved they are a threat come finals time.
Some big changes need to be made down in ur nek of the woods left foot if ur to avoid the trip to D3....all credit to ivenhoe, but u had way too many passangers and didnt looks like u were prepared to run and support.
I noticed in the first game ( reserves ) you had two "pretty boys" that were undoubtably keeping u guys in the game...A HB..maybee #56 whos relentless attack on the ball and fierce tackling was outstanding and a silky small FF #10 i think who looked to be the game winner...great off both feet and quik......why on earth rnt those two playing ones football....ur club needs to have a good hard look at themselves!!
all the best tho...maybee u can come and watch us in september :)
it seems you know everything that goes on behind closed doors at bentleigh then? I can assure you the 2 players you talk about here have had goes in the 1s this season but have not been up to it at times. you know theres a difference between 2s and 1s standard right? 2 blokes who are keeping us in the game in the reserves will not have a major impact in the 1s as its a completely different game and they play different roles.
both have the potential to become regular senior players but the thing they have in common with a lot of our guys is they are young and recovering from major injuries and just looking to string a few weeks of footy together.
the #10 you speak of is a 20 year old (they both are in fact) and was playing 1s 3-4 years ago as one of the youngest senior players in history at bentleigh. however he has been smashed over the past couple of years with injury as far as I understand.
in the end Im sure the same amount of our boys will come watch you in september as your boys will come watch us in D3 next year... but we will hopefully not even be in D3 and hopefully you fellas are not featured in september too! fingers crossed.

Can't say I endorse Jingle Bell's comments (whoever that is?).

However, it is going to be tough for RedandtheBlue's boys looking at the draw but you never know.

Saw a bit of the game on Saturday between Bentleigh and Ivanhoe.

Thought Bentleigh played some good footy going forward.

Sharp was outstanding and Scott Lawry doesn't get the kudos he deserves IMO.

However, it is going to be tough for RedandtheBlue's boys looking at the draw but you never know.

Wamba

When are Ivanhoe going to stop free-wheeling and playing this Geelong circa 1989 style.

You are reeling in Banyule in the Points For Department!!!!!

Well it was Christmas in July for Ivanhoe on Saturday!

Just got a bulletin from VAFA as to where the finals will be played this year. It states "will let you know later in week". So I reckon will be on Website by Friday

Agreed Wamba, don't know who Jingle Bells is or even if they are from Ivanhoe, perhaps they're one of the two Bentleigh players mentioned, disgruntled at not getting a senior game?? Either way, not sure why he's having a dig, wasn't really any bad feelings on the weekend in either game.

As for Sharp, absolute gun and as mentioned a few weeks back, rarely misses when shooting at goal!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually, it's 27 Goals in his past 3 games...... And no he can't be stopped!!! Freak !!!:D

its good to see that bannister has hit back hard in the last 3 weeks with his mass of goals. when therry penola played us in round 12 he seemed aggravated by the amount of attention he was given on the day & therefore his football suffered. but through all this, he still managed to kick 4 so he showed what hes capable of when 'on song'.

its good to see that in the last 3 weeks hes knuckled down, concentrated on football & let his boots do the talking... im sure all who have witnessed have enjoyed the top exhibition of full forward football!!

Back to the old Cliche' ...no I in team...also No I in Football either! Both Bentleigh sides put up a fair effort! The 2nds side Was a great team effort No stand outs and no Passangers! if they keep persisting its only inevitable theyl get what they deserve!...

Whoever it is Stop pumping up our players...we alredy have enough playing on reputation!

Agreed Wamba, don't know who Jingle Bells is or even if they are from Ivanhoe, perhaps they're one of the two Bentleigh players mentioned, disgruntled at not getting a senior game?? Either way, not sure why he's having a dig, wasn't really any bad feelings on the weekend in either game.

As for Sharp, absolute gun and as mentioned a few weeks back, rarely misses when shooting at goal!

got to add to this as well with the fact that shooter has been in rare touch recently too: 23 goals in the last 3 games... not bad from the 'elder' statesman of d2 forwards!! ;) it IS true - he hardly misses!!

scott lawry just does what he does game in, game out & thats run himself into the ground whilst giving his all until hes spent. hes the type of player that does his work efficiently & effectively without being noticed - a 'slipper' under the radar...

How do you or is possible to stop Corey Bannister?

A lazy 26 goals in his past 3 games - inc Werribee as an opponent!!

Thoughts

Bannister is very very good player!!

On occasions we had 2 on him and still beat us!!

Pretty sure he kicked 11.1 as well and that 1 behind was from 10 metres out.

Can anyone from OW or Therry tell us whats happening with the case involving Scott Morrissey and Ricky Bannister? I see they were listed to attend HQ on tuesday night (I think for the week prior) and yet still no result appeared today (for the second week in a row). Who is the accussed and what happened? And what's the delay, is the ump finding it too hard to make it on a tuesday night?

Back to the old Cliche' ...no I in team...also No I in Football either! Both Bentleigh sides put up a fair effort! The 2nds side Was a great team effort No stand outs and no Passangers! if they keep persisting its only inevitable theyl get what they deserve!...

Whoever it is Stop pumping up our players...we alredy have enough playing on reputation!
gee FTS you seem a little bitter about some happenings down at the club and I was thinking you have gone quiet since your post a couple of weeks back, attacking your "#17" who if I understand correctly is a member of the coaching panel as well as a senior player? that sort of thing cannot be positive.

Can anyone from OW or Therry tell us whats happening with the case involving Scott Morrissey and Ricky Bannister? I see they were listed to attend HQ on tuesday night (I think for the week prior) and yet still no result appeared today (for the second week in a row). Who is the accussed and what happened? And what's the delay, is the ump finding it too hard to make it on a tuesday night?

Eddie,

As far as i am aware Scott attended the tribunal on Tuesday night. I guess we will find out more on how the hearing went tonight at training.
That's about all i can help you out with

Bit quiet on here today. Was hoping for some entertainment in order to take the strain off a tough thursday.

Perhaps redandtheblue and FacetheScoreboard could provide some entertainment?

They seem to be extremely knowledgeable about all that is Bentleigh.

Bit quiet on here today. Was hoping for some entertainment in order to take the strain off a tough thursday.

Perhaps redandtheblue and FacetheScoreboard could provide some entertainment?

They seem to be extremely knowledgeable about all that is Bentleigh.

Bentleigh is a very talked about side on this forum.

Why all the interest from outsiders?

Interesting

Interesting

Ok I'll try and tip Round 16

OP travel to Werribee. The Raiders are safe in D2 for another season - their form has been improving as the year goes on however this is the biggest ask in D2 football. I'll go as far as to say alot of D1 clubs would have their pants pulled down at Soldiers. Werribee by 80 points

Ivanhoe travels to the lush surface at Ferndale. SMS have disappointed me all year - lots of talent - bad results. They will be tougher to beat at home per usual but Goodier's suspension is a massive out - flat out gun. Ivanhoe kicked 30 plus goals last week and have ridiculous fire power and seem to be in the box seat for finals. They'll take another step this week. Ivanhoe by 48 points

Bentleigh host Banyule. Expect a combined 50 goals if its not raining. 30 of them will be to Banyule. The Bears by 54 points

Crunch game at Packer Reserve - its curtains for 2008 for the loser. Form says OW, previous result favoured GE. Home ground could be the factor. I think GE can win this - their older players will have to step up.
GE by 2 goals unless the Warriors can get their best team on the park.

Finally ESL travel to a rampaging Bannister led Therry Penola. Tough place to win for any visitor. ESL to win

Interesting

I always like it when one pops up with their smart-ass 2 cents worth & then disappears into the internet wilderness. I will look forward to reading Face the Scoreboard & Flash Bang's tid-bit in another 2,3 or 4 weeks time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back