D2 D2 Ammos 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always like it when one pops up with their smart-ass 2 cents worth & then disappears into the internet wilderness. I will look forward to reading Face the Scoreboard & Flash Bang's tid-bit in another 2,3 or 4 weeks time.

Now now Sniper. I have been a follower of this forum for quite sometime just feel that when there is no need for something to be said there is no need to comment.

I simply find it interesting that R+B and FTS pick and choose when they will bag out the club and when they will support it :confused:

Any big returns this week from finals contenders/relegation battlers?

Now now Sniper. I have been a follower of this forum for quite sometime just feel that when there is no need for something to be said there is no need to comment.

I simply find it interesting that R+B and FTS pick and choose when they will bag out the club and when they will support it :confused:

Any big returns this week from finals contenders/relegation battlers?

Some good ins for OW to come back this week. Still a lot out but expect to see B.Connors, S.Collins, P.Chalmer, C.Butcher, L.O'brien and maybe one or two more come back in to the side after being out last week.

Some good ins for OW to come back this week. Still a lot out but expect to see B.Connors, S.Collins, P.Chalmer, C.Butcher, L.O'brien and maybe one or two more come back in to the side after being out last week.

Question - do teams rest their stars against Werribee??

I think they do - nothing wrong with this strategy.

Any thoughts???

Any thoughts???

A rare skill of Werribee's to be able to train other sides to be injured at the right time.

Big ins for OW. Would shorten their price for the weekend IMO!

Any thoughts???
Here you go again, pumping up Werribee. Westbourne were playing to stay in the race for finals last week and would've loved to have those players available to play.
Based on your comments lately sounds like ESL will go out in straight sets come finals.
Obviously you're trying to get someone to sprurk up their chances while playing down yours.
The fact of the matter is, Werribee and ESL are currently flag favourites with Banyule and Ivanhoe next best.
BUT as I've said in the past when finals come round its a 4 horse race and it starts all over again. So stop pumping up our tyres and start on yours.

Here you go again, pumping up Werribee. Westbourne were playing to stay in the race for finals last week and would've loved to have those players available to play.
Based on your comments lately sounds like ESL will go out in straight sets come finals.
Obviously you're trying to get someone to sprurk up their chances while playing down yours.
The fact of the matter is, Werribee and ESL are currently flag favourites with Banyule and Ivanhoe next best.
BUT as I've said in the past when finals come round its a 4 horse race and it starts all over again. So stop pumping up our tyres and start on yours.

It makes your % flattering Westie - Id take that as an insult

The other teams who do it are pumping you up however

Spot on West, Not only would we have loved to win the derby for obvious reasons but also it would have given us a real boost towards finals chances. Had these guys been available last week they would have played. We played the best team available, unfortunately for us it was a far cry from the oppositions team.

5 back this week, and another 5 set for the ivanhoe game the following week (all things going to plan)

Bit quiet on here today. Was hoping for some entertainment in order to take the strain off a tough thursday.

Perhaps redandtheblue and FacetheScoreboard could provide some entertainment?

They seem to be extremely knowledgeable about all that is Bentleigh.

Bentleigh is a very talked about side on this forum.

Why all the interest from outsiders?

Interesting

maybe flashbang is keen for a run with us at the demons next year drifter & is gauging what kind of a club we are... hes more than welcome!! ;)

Bit quiet on here today. Was hoping for some entertainment in order to take the strain off a tough thursday.

Perhaps redandtheblue and FacetheScoreboard could provide some entertainment?

They seem to be extremely knowledgeable about all that is Bentleigh.
most people on here are quite knowledgeable about all that is their own club I would suggest. I dislike it when people write things from an outsider point of view and think they know what goes on at our club off the field. the way you put it it seems like a negative thing for us to know stuff about our own footy club. to tell you the truth I have no idea of the true identity of FTS, so there, I dont know everything about "all that is bentleigh" do I :rolleyes:

onto the weekends games. we look forward to the challenge of banyule. drifter I like the "50 goals combined" comment you make with 30 to be scored by banyule. the positive I take out of that is at least we're still seen as a high scoring side :D might I say we are absolutely crippled with injury now but no excuses and our boys will have a red hot crack on saturday. GE v OW is the pick of the round. close game with a bit riding on it. shal be an interesting result.

onto the weekends games. we look forward to the challenge of banyule. drifter I like the "50 goals combined" comment you make with 30 to be scored by banyule. the positive I take out of that is at least we're still seen as a high scoring side :D might I say we are absolutely crippled with injury now but no excuses and our boys will have a red hot crack on saturday. GE v OW is the pick of the round. close game with a bit riding on it. shal be an interesting result.
It's no wonder Bentleigh are a high scoring side, I noticed on the weekend that not only do their forwards kick goals but that their Backman kicked a goal, T Backman that is!!:D

Here's the schedule for finals D2
!st Semi Final 24/08/2008 Garvey oval 2pm
2nd semi final 24/08/2008 Sportscover Arena 2pm That's right Sunday
Prelim 30/08/2008 St. Bernards 2pm
Grand Final 06/09/2008 St. Bernards 2.15pm

My old school - the Snake Pit - very nice

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My old school - the Snake Pit - very nice
Splinters, are you getting slightly ahead of yourself there? hahahahaha

ESL are on fire.

Tips for the weekend:
Werribee by 10 goals
Ivanhoe by 100+
Banyule by 24
GE & OW to tie.
ESL easy

Thats a bit un fair for St Leos What if there 2's finish 3rd that means they have to play at diffrent grounds on the same day.

Garvey oval! You're not talking about the same oval that Paradians play on? That's the worst playing surface I even seen in my footballing days, & I've played in the bush. Don't tell me they get a final just cos they've got a fence around the oval. :thumbsdown: It makes you almost not want to play finals:D

Chumpy's tips of the week..........

Werribee over the OP boys by 8 goals. No disrespect to OP's intended - just more of a statement as to how well the Bees are traveling at home. I think the firepower of the bees forward line and overall run through the middle will see them comfortable winners at final siren.

Ivanhoe by 14 points - I have seen it all before with clubs trying to beat relegation and causing massive headaches for clubs higher up. This is last chance stuff for SMS and that spells danger. The Hoes were lucky to win round 1 with SMS having 29 scoring ops.....luckily they were off target. Hoes to win just, as this is another must win to keep finals chances alive.

Banyule by 29 over the demons - even though it's at home for the dees. The bears have a good full back - and they will need it as 'shooter' was fantastic against us last week. I think the bears fire power up front will be enough to see them gain the points.

OW to win by 19 over the saints in a crunch game for both. As stated by other posters - the loser will drop out of the race for fourth. Some BIG in's for OW and this will bolster a line up that is ( like others ) gaining some top players back. I expect this to be very close at 3rd quarter time, but the class of OW to get them over the line.

ESL to beat Therry by 34 points. Kibe and Drifter will have the coaching and player match ups sorted ........even if they drop blokes back on Bannister. Could we see the whole Therry forwardline play in the mid-field leaving Banno and 3 opponents to duel? Bara to find the footy plenty of times and the animals forwards to do well again.

Good luck to all, The Chump.

Garvey oval! You're not talking about the same oval that Paradians play on? That's the worst playing surface I even seen in my footballing days, & I've played in the bush. Don't tell me they get a final just cos they've got a fence around the oval. :thumbsdown: It makes you almost not want to play finals:D

Complete agree with that Sniper. We played on that paddock last year, and sustained a couple of big injurys in the semi, one of which was an ACL. Mine in fact.

Pretty good atmosphere, but nothing can make up for the fact the ground is harder than the car park alongside it.

Complete agree with that Sniper. We played on that paddock last year, and sustained a couple of big injurys in the semi, one of which was an ACL. Mine in fact.

Pretty good atmosphere, but nothing can make up for the fact the ground is harder than the car park alongside it.

The Hoes would play in the car park if we are lucky enough to make it !!:)

For those unlucky enough not to see why N.Black should be going home with a new Toyota, the photos dont do justice either. hang time was awesome. anyone who wants a detailed version of what happened: courtesy of the Werribee Banner.

332197.jpg

Amateurs on the road to glory
BY BRENT DIAMOND
30/07/2008 12:23:00 PM
WERRIBEE Amateurs' confidence is bubbling towards boiling point after a comprehensive 113-point flogging of hometown rivals Old Westbourne at Soldiers Reserve on Saturday.
The league leaders of division D2 in the Victorian Amateur Football Association are looking to create history and win the club's first senior premiership in its 15 years in the competition.

While Saturday's effort was almost flawless, topped off with a whopping Nathan Black speccie, coach Kirk Norton said the team could still get even better.

"There's three of four guys that are out injured who we would class senior players and there's probably two or three in the reserves who are playing pretty well every week now that went back ... there's still a possibility that there could be four or five changes to that side," Norton said.

"The good thing from our perspective is that it was pretty much a swansong for those guys. They fought their way into the top four so you would think that they would be treating that game as a mini final and we certainly did the same sort of thing."

But Norton said he was not looking too far ahead of himself, given Emmaus St Leos had caused the Tigers a lot of trouble in the past.

Emmaus St Leos is the club's biggest challenger for the flag and will face a big question in the final round of the season when the two teams meet - will the Tigers play their best cards?

"We'll be treating that game as we will the two after it. We won't be resting players or giving them a situation where what's the use of playing our cards when we've got to play them in the second semi the week after. That's not what we're about.

"That will give us a good indication then. I don't think there's much between the two sides."

On Saturday, it was the old-timers who were key drivers to the club's success with Andrew Tedesco, Matthew Keogh and Aidan Murphy in fine form.

"We've got three players that you'd class as the elder statesmen of the football side. That's Tedesco, Keogh and Murphy and they're quality blokes and they're quality leaders. They mix in very well with all the younger kids and I think that's sort of rejuvenated them a bit," Norton said.

Then there was Ross Fastuca, who at 23, has had major injury problems.

Fastuca kicked six goals on Saturday to help sink the Warriors, 24.20 (164) to 7.9 (51).

"He straightens us up so much. He protects players when they're going for marks. He does all the right things. He's a pretty important component to our footy side," Norton said.

Black, a Williamstown-listed player, must play one more VAFA senior match to qualify for finals.

The Warriors had very little to celebrate in the second half when a 34-point margin at the main break exploded.

Old Westbourne coach Fab Gatti did not believe the result reflected the difference between the sides.

"We probably had about nine walk-up starts out of our side. We were probably a little bit short," Gatti said. "I don't think that's the difference in the sides. I'm surprised [at] the margin."

Werribee hosts Old Paradians this Saturday, while Old Westbourne travels to take on Glen Eira.

Scoreboard:

Werribee 5.9 9.11 17.17 24.20 (164) d Old Westbourne 2.0 5.1 6.7 7.9 (51)

Werribee: Goals: R Fastuca 5, J Wallert 4, C Lee 3, M Palmington 3, N Renaut 2, A Murphy, N Black, T Lee, A Alifraco, M Taylor, M Antonello, . Scudamore. Best: A Tedeso, J Wallert, M Antonello, M Purton, M Taylor, R Fastuca. Old Westbourne: Goals: B Hutton 3, C Hunter, G Connors, M Wilson, S Potts. Best: B Smith, D Sidwell, C Hunter, G Connors, J Jinks, K Miller

For those unlucky enough not to see why N.Black should be going home with a new Toyota, the photos dont do justice either. hang time was awesome. anyone who wants a detailed version of what happened: courtesy of the Werribee Banner.

332197.jpg

Amateurs on the road to glory
BY BRENT DIAMOND
30/07/2008 12:23:00 PM
WERRIBEE Amateurs' confidence is bubbling towards boiling point after a comprehensive 113-point flogging of hometown rivals Old Westbourne at Soldiers Reserve on Saturday.
The league leaders of division D2 in the Victorian Amateur Football Association are looking to create history and win the club's first senior premiership in its 15 years in the competition.

While Saturday's effort was almost flawless, topped off with a whopping Nathan Black speccie, coach Kirk Norton said the team could still get even better.

"There's three of four guys that are out injured who we would class senior players and there's probably two or three in the reserves who are playing pretty well every week now that went back ... there's still a possibility that there could be four or five changes to that side," Norton said.

"The good thing from our perspective is that it was pretty much a swansong for those guys. They fought their way into the top four so you would think that they would be treating that game as a mini final and we certainly did the same sort of thing."

But Norton said he was not looking too far ahead of himself, given Emmaus St Leos had caused the Tigers a lot of trouble in the past.

Emmaus St Leos is the club's biggest challenger for the flag and will face a big question in the final round of the season when the two teams meet - will the Tigers play their best cards?

"We'll be treating that game as we will the two after it. We won't be resting players or giving them a situation where what's the use of playing our cards when we've got to play them in the second semi the week after. That's not what we're about.

"That will give us a good indication then. I don't think there's much between the two sides."

On Saturday, it was the old-timers who were key drivers to the club's success with Andrew Tedesco, Matthew Keogh and Aidan Murphy in fine form.

"We've got three players that you'd class as the elder statesmen of the football side. That's Tedesco, Keogh and Murphy and they're quality blokes and they're quality leaders. They mix in very well with all the younger kids and I think that's sort of rejuvenated them a bit," Norton said.

Then there was Ross Fastuca, who at 23, has had major injury problems.

Fastuca kicked six goals on Saturday to help sink the Warriors, 24.20 (164) to 7.9 (51).

"He straightens us up so much. He protects players when they're going for marks. He does all the right things. He's a pretty important component to our footy side," Norton said.

Black, a Williamstown-listed player, must play one more VAFA senior match to qualify for finals.

The Warriors had very little to celebrate in the second half when a 34-point margin at the main break exploded.

Old Westbourne coach Fab Gatti did not believe the result reflected the difference between the sides.

"We probably had about nine walk-up starts out of our side. We were probably a little bit short," Gatti said. "I don't think that's the difference in the sides. I'm surprised [at] the margin."

Werribee hosts Old Paradians this Saturday, while Old Westbourne travels to take on Glen Eira.

Scoreboard:

Werribee 5.9 9.11 17.17 24.20 (164) d Old Westbourne 2.0 5.1 6.7 7.9 (51)

Werribee: Goals: R Fastuca 5, J Wallert 4, C Lee 3, M Palmington 3, N Renaut 2, A Murphy, N Black, T Lee, A Alifraco, M Taylor, M Antonello, . Scudamore. Best: A Tedeso, J Wallert, M Antonello, M Purton, M Taylor, R Fastuca. Old Westbourne: Goals: B Hutton 3, C Hunter, G Connors, M Wilson, S Potts. Best: B Smith, D Sidwell, C Hunter, G Connors, J Jinks, K Miller

Hows the landing??

Bloody hell!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back