D2 D2 Ammos 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe that number 8 from Ivanhoe has been running a few master classes down there on a Thursday night?

Come on JD ......number 8 is a pussy cat. You would have a few other blokes to worry about before him. We call him 'Western Star' at the club....soft as butter.

and WEST ......I can not believe you fell for that one. A man of your experience. Turn the other cheek and call ..'play on'....;)

Now lets move onto what this week is all about ......the two teams that made it !! No doubt players, supporters and the like will have clubs they would like to see win and this will cause some great final week banter.

I am leaving my much awaited tip for later in the week ........

Champ.

P.S. $1.90 Akka .......where can I place a bet:D

Im always off the mark arnt i drifter. i just make this forum entertaining to read. Sometimes its good to throw a little curry around to see what sort of response you can get out of people.

Who is assinged to whack Trent this week Drifty? hahaha

I wouldn't think that any side the whole year was sent out to whack Trent (or Cam), but face it, when the chance to flush a **** comes along, no one would let it sit there.

Truth obviously hurts. lol.
Not many sides did like weribee. Glad we don't have to go out to that shit-hole of a place anymore.

Who knows Buddy, we might play a home game there next year just to piss you off.

Seriously mate, find a mirror and take a good hard look at yourself, you are a clown.

Im always off the mark arnt i drifter. i just make this forum entertaining to read. Sometimes its good to throw a little curry around to see what sort of response you can get out of people.

Who is assinged to whack Trent this week Drifty? hahaha

The whole team - hopefully early and only once is required:thumbsu:

Come on JD ......number 8 is a pussy cat. You would have a few other blokes to worry about before him. We call him 'Western Star' at the club....soft as butter.

and WEST ......I can not believe you fell for that one. A man of your experience. Turn the other cheek and call ..'play on'....;)

Now lets move onto what this week is all about ......the two teams that made it !! No doubt players, supporters and the like will have clubs they would like to see win and this will cause some great final week banter.

I am leaving my much awaited tip for later in the week ........

Champ.

P.S. $1.90 Akka .......where can I place a bet:D

Hey Chump,

How did the "Human Insinkerator" Angelo Pace go this season at Ivanhoe?

Are you guys still paying him in pies and hotdogs?

The only player to take the field with a pizza slice in one hand and a burger in the other!

Well I think the tears have almost dried and it's time to face up to the fact that we weren't quite good enough and to congratulate Werribee and St.Leos on being clearly the best two sides in the competition and therefore thoroughly deserving in gaining promotion and the right to play off for the flag.

Well done to Drifter's boys on Saturday as they proved themselves the better team by taking their chances when they had to.

Should be a cracker this week.

For me the questions are:

Can St.Leos cope with Werribee's fantastic pace and precise foot skills?

Can Werribee's vulnerable defence keep St.Leos to a losing score if they are able to get enough high ball into the forward line?

From our perspective this year, it was a good fightback after we were 1-4 after 5 rounds.

Akka and his crew (including Chump) are a bit premature stamping us as favourites next year as there's a lot of water to go under the bridge before next year as they say.

However, if we can keep most of our list together and get some of the inclusions we hope to, then the Hoes can look forward to a successful year in 09.

tips for the upcoming grand finals:

werribee 16 19 115
emmaus st leos 12 5 77

werribee 21 10 136
therry penola 10 5 65

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bit of a white wash there Stewie40???

You dont rate us at ESL??

i rate you very highly at animalland drifter but i think the tigers will be too polished on saturday. theyve been the benchmark the whole season for all d2 clubs. good luck though!!

hopefully, the "real" scores prove me wrong & its a much closer contest between the 2 best clubs in d2 for season 2008!!

A bit of a white wash there Stewie40???

You dont rate us at ESL??

You will do anything to get the underdog tag wont ya drifter??

One person opinion, im sure that you guys at Animal land dont take stewies tip of the round too seriously. No one takes Jono Healys tips seriously and they publish his tips.

No one has fallen for your bluff cards all year, and with winning form last week, ESL are clear favourites. :thumbsu:

You will do anything to get the underdog tag wont ya drifter??

One person opinion, im sure that you guys at Animal land dont take stewies tip of the round too seriously. No one takes Jono Healys tips seriously and they publish his tips.

No one has fallen for your bluff cards all year, and with winning form last week, ESL are clear favourites. :thumbsu:

Actually was strolling round the Ammos forums and some of the odds on offer on the Bees are Geelong like.

The line has logically been set at 42 points (the past 2 margins) - and to me that suggests the odds are about 1.15 Werribee 5.00 ESL

In the 2's you'd have to be even shorter 1.06 vs 8.00 I'd estimate

Plus the crowd support behind the Bees will intimidate us so I'd say Werribee will come in further...........

Actually was strolling round the Ammos forums and some of the odds on offer on the Bees are Geelong like.

The line has logically been set at 42 points (the past 2 margins) - and to me that suggests the odds are about 1.15 Werribee 5.00 ESL

Plus the crowd support behind the Bees will intimidate us so I'd say Werribee will come in further...........

Long time, first time:

Just a quick question. Out of interest, when was the last time Werribee won a senior flag?

First of all ask how long has Werribee been in VAFA comp for. Then put all that into perspective.
What's wrong with being favourite going into a game of footy and do you really think any player thinks about this when the ball is bounced.
What can be said is Werribee has a 50% chance of winning as does ESL. So talk all the crap you want, Werribee is there and so is ESL. The team that plays the best on the day will win and that is that.

Favourites, underdogs, who really gives.
For some blokes, this may be there one and only opportunity to play in a premiership, so i dont think any players from both sides will be worrying about the odds, ther pressure is on for both sides!

First of all ask how long has Werribee been in VAFA comp for. Then put all that into perspective.
What's wrong with being favourite going into a game of footy and do you really think any player thinks about this when the ball is bounced.
What can be said is Werribee has a 50% chance of winning as does ESL. So talk all the crap you want, Werribee is there and so is ESL. The team that plays the best on the day will win and that is that.

Ok...

How long has Werribee been in the VAFA comp for?

And then, when was their last flag? It was a simple question.

Nothing wrong with being favourites...but you're kidding yourself if the players don't think about who's favourite and who's not.

For what it's worth (admittably not a lot), I think that Werribee are going to take the lollies on sat. I hope though that its a tight match and wish both teams all the best, clear standout teams all year.

Throughout the season though I must say I thought ESL were the better team and would go on to win the flag, maybe because they easily accounted for us both times during the season, whilst we pushed Werribee to 2 goals at home and were in it up to 3/4 at Soldiers (though we got well and truly run over in the last). But I think you'd have to be mad to tip against Werribee after they have put ESL away easily in the end twice in the last 3 weeks (I'm sure they were good battles but the Bees clearly ran away with them). The main hope for ESL is that it is being played on a smaller ground than the 2nd Semi, the one they played on last weekend and one I doubt Werribee have ever played on (??). Add the fact its Drifters old stomping ground, means ESL have the home ground advantage!! :p

Anyway, as I said good luck to both teams (and also for next year), wish it was us!!

For what it's worth (admittably not a lot), I think that Werribee are going to take the lollies on sat. I hope though that its a tight match and wish both teams all the best, clear standout teams all year.

Throughout the season though I must say I thought ESL were the better team and would go on to win the flag, maybe because they easily accounted for us both times during the season, whilst we pushed Werribee to 2 goals at home and were in it up to 3/4 at Soldiers (though we got well and truly run over in the last). But I think you'd have to be mad to tip against Werribee after they have put ESL away easily in the end twice in the last 3 weeks (I'm sure they were good battles but the Bees clearly ran away with them). The main hope for ESL is that it is being played on a smaller ground than the 2nd Semi, the one they played on last weekend and one I doubt Werribee have ever played on (??). Add the fact its Drifters old stomping ground, means ESL have the home ground advantage!! :p

Anyway, as I said good luck to both teams (and also for next year), wish it was us!!

As nearly all of the Werribee players have come up through the juniors, they have all played many a game in the snake pit

As nearly all of the Werribee players have come up through the juniors, they have all played many a game in the snake pit
Oh, fair enough then. Damn, wanted to put some pressure on Drifters boys, still they have good winning form at the ground!! Great set up there BTW, just a little windy though!!

Ok...

How long has Werribee been in the VAFA comp for?

And then, when was their last flag? It was a simple question.

Nothing wrong with being favourites...but you're kidding yourself if the players don't think about who's favourite and who's not.

Still waiting West...

You wanted me to ask the question mate

Go on, answer it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back