D2 Ammos

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My tips/preview:

Aquinas v SMD
I think Aquinas will be a little to good, sth melbourne may have a couple out, and the big loss will be the loss of Luke Keally to a knee injury..Cheevers to rip it up again on his way to coming top 2 in the league behind robbo..

St Leos v Werribee
I am going to tip the animals again by 6 points, to knock of werribee and play finals, hopefully a win will lead to the animals shaking a few things up come september...I think it might be hard to stop Travis Ryan, the lee boys up foward but i am tipping an upset win and leo's will be pumped with a chance to play finals and shake a few things up!!!

Glen Eira v Banyule
I think Glen Eira, will win by 10 goals..they have been very impressive in the second half of the year, and i don't really think that bongo can be stoped today like last week, the bloke is smart, and a key, tipping he mite kick a few today to possibly steal sharp shooter title of gayfer.

Salesian v Bentleigh
Salesian to beat Bentleigh by 3 goals.. Salesian have too much fire power for Bentleigh i think so too kibe with Hazell, Mallet and the ever elusive Forer who is "cleverrrr"..Kely is probably the Key to them though, super tough though hazell is the one bentleigh need to stop,I have never seen such a good footballer at local level than hazel, wonder how good he must have been 7-10 years ago. He kicked 4 against the leo's in his first game back for a while, was awesome.

St Johns v Williamstown

St Johns will be a little too good for Willi, can't see a match up for Pattie, that bloke can seriously play, and willi if things don't go there way early, could get flogged..I hope they have a good showing though, they are a veyr good group of blokes, one of the best going around, watch out for my money men Cini and Lee to kick a few cheeky ones today..

Finally, comp B&F

1. Robertson - Bentleigh
2. Cheevers- Sth Melbourne (won't ;loose by much id think)
3. Den Braber- Aquians (don't know he many games he has played, but generally polls very well) :thumbsu:

My tips/preview:

Finally, comp B&F

1. Robertson - Bentleigh
2. Cheevers- Sth Melbourne (won't ;loose by much id think)
3. Den Braber- Aquians (don't know he many games he has played, but generally polls very well) :thumbsu:

Well the season is over for 6 teams.

It was a tough year to be relegated so if its St Johns and Willy - all the best in 2008 - I think you will do very well in D3

Were many games affected by the wind yesterday?

Definitely a 4-5 goal wind out at Leos which did fall away in the last qtr.

Also think Werribee rested 4-5 players so we are expecting a really tough game next week, and we will try to get through.

Reports from the Lindsay Hassett ground please - what can both teams take from yesterday??

Also who honestly has players to come back in??

Reports from the Lindsay Hassett ground please - what can both teams take from yesterday??

Was an absolute ripper between SMD and Aquinas. SMD come out and dominated the first half but Aquinas being the good side they are never gave in and really did look like hey would run over the top of SMD. I think both sides have a little left in the bank how ever. Lets hope for another day like yesterday and have a cracking final next week.

I dont think SMD will get anymore players back for the rest of the year.

Well the season is over for 6 teams.

It was a tough year to be relegated so if its St Johns and Willy - all the best in 2008 - I think you will do very well in D3

Were many games affected by the wind yesterday?

Definitely a 4-5 goal wind out at Leos which did fall away in the last qtr.

Also think Werribee rested 4-5 players so we are expecting a really tough game next week, and we will try to get through.

yeah very windy at packer park yesterday,kicking 6,11 in the 3rd qtr hurt us very badly and having our fullback sit the entire 2nd half on the bench didnt help...but no excuses here cant wait for next year...SMD to win the 1's and 2's flag good luck to all teams in the finals

Would be fair to say that we at Willy are shatterred. To drop down to D3 by 0.3 % is very hard to take. The 10 minutes following the win at St John's were huge, until the sobering news that Bentleigh had beaten Salesians filtered through. (More like hit the Willy players & supporters like a bomb going off!) But, having had the worst season for injuries (especially to key players) that I can remember, and the upheaval of a relocation, we all know that it is entirely our fault that we have gone down....no blame can be laid anywhere else. the seeds of our demise were planted against Werribee at Chirnside Pk, when we were scoreless for the entire second half.
Congrats on a fantastic effort by Bentleigh, must have been some last Q. For the record, from what I have seen this year, SMD to take the flag... (looks like it must have been a cracker yesterday at Albert Park).
Special mention to Dave Lee, who played in our last 2 games on one knee in an effort to keep us in D2 (& kicked 5 in both). 38 goals from 8 games is a huge effort.
Good luck to all teams participating in the finals...For the most part, it has been enjoyable to read and be a part of this thread this season.
Cheers, Gas.

Would be fair to say that we at Willy are shatterred. To drop down to D3 by 0.3 % is very hard to take.

Good luck to all teams participating in the finals...For the most part, it has been enjoyable to read and be a part of this thread this season.
Cheers, Gas.

Gas

I feel for you mate - thanks for your insights into Willy this year mate - I am certain you will bounce back big time next year

Interesting weekend of results. Obviously shattering for Williamstown, I would expect you to do extremely well in D3 next year. Congrats to SMD, taking out the minor premiership. Sounds like a cracking game was had at Lindsay Hassett on Saturday. Well done to my beloved St Leo's, a great result against the odds, need to repeat it against Werribee next week. Good game played in good spirits.

To the 6 teams whose season is over, it has been a pleasure competing against you, and all games have been good. To the teams still in, all the best for the finals, and hears hoping St Leo's can advance for another week!

Some interesting results on the w/e. Leos beating Werribee after not winning for, it seem like forever, and Banyule also beating Glen Eira was suprising.
Were Leo's back to there best or were the tigers resting players. I see LEos kicked 10 in the 3rd.

It;s going to be a ccracking finals series with all teams capable of winning the big one.

SMD v Aquinas
I will pick SMD for obvious reasons. Both sides can improve on the w/e performance. Both sides would of left a little in the bank for this week. Hopefully Mikka Black comes up after his horrific fall. Both sides should have the best side in thats available. SMD by 1 pt.

Werribee v St Leos
ST Leos are the hardest side to follow, they were very good early and ordinary towards the end and have come good again. The tigers have been good all year apart from a few slip ups lately. Another tighht fought contest. Tigers to win in extra time.

looking forward to it harps, i'll be the waterboy with the bad hair.

you pulling on the boots?

Sorry youngblood, I've been moving house and not near a computer the last three days (even forgot my team sheets this week). I did notice an Aquinas water boy hanging around our bench a fair bit, thought he may have been taking some info back to your coach, was that you?

Great game against Aquinas in both grades, good solid hit out before the finals, I'm pretty sure all 4 teams were trying a few things and I think it cost the Aquinas dew kickers, not that the result matters for this week.

Your comments prove again the original point - Rod fair?? Joke! :thumbsdown:

You are a tool btown, until you give most of your life as a player, coach, administrator, president and umpire to a footy club shut your pie hole!

You can brush the chip off your shoulder now, he retired on Saturday.

Thanks for your work Squid!

Sorry youngblood, I've been moving house and not near a computer the last three days (even forgot my team sheets this week). I did notice an Aquinas water boy hanging around our bench a fair bit, thought he may have been taking some info back to your coach, was that you?

Great game against Aquinas in both grades, good solid hit out before the finals, I'm pretty sure all 4 teams were trying a few things and I think it cost the Aquinas dew kickers, not that the result matters for this week.
what happened to micka black harps ??

Commiserations to Willy and St. Johns. Always had a good rivalry between both sides. Shouldn't be long before you are both up again.
Next week will be interesting with SMD to beat Aquinas and Werribee to get over the line against Leo's with a 7day break.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Commiserations to Willy and St. Johns. Always had a good rivalry between both sides. Shouldn't be long before you are both up again.
Next week will be interesting with SMD to beat Aquinas and Werribee to get over the line against Leo's with a 7day break.

We expect Werribee rested up to 6 players on Saturday - they will be hard to contain this week

We expect Werribee rested up to 6 players on Saturday - they will be hard to contain this week
Incorrect. No players rested. We had 1 player pull out just before the game due to gastro. Leos had a lot to play for and I think the Werribee boys thought it would just happen. We did not apply enough pressure and not desperate enough. Lot of boys did not have a sniff. Will be interesting night at selection this week for both 1's and 2's.

Hit the deck a bit out of shape and had some worrying symptoms (lost some feeling in his feet). He was stretchered off in a neck brace and was up beat in the rooms while being checked by the ambo's. Went to hospital but I'm pretty sure he's fine.

Sloth was he at GE's last man standing yesterday?

Yeah he was drinking yesterday with the boys. He was still wearing his hospital wrist band. He was in good spirits :thumbsu:

drifter,kibe how did your boys pull up after game.reckon they must have pulled up ok as we never laid a bump.must say game played in good spirits and look forward to this week.reckon will be a fw changes.

Think the boys pulled up OK. I had to head off straight after the game, so didnt see, but it was quite an open game. Agree, game played in great spirits, looking forward to this week. How did the Werribee coaching staff react to the result? Interesting one on how to handle this week for both sides, after that result. Werribee didnt have a lot to play for last week.

Think the boys pulled up OK. I had to head off straight after the game, so didnt see, but it was quite an open game. Agree, game played in great spirits, looking forward to this week. How did the Werribee coaching staff react to the result? Interesting one on how to handle this week for both sides, after that result. Werribee didnt have a lot to play for last week.
better it happened last sat and not this week.coach upset.see who gets chop this week

bocce, you have always promoted the position that blokes should call a spade a spade on this forum, so with that in mind I have a question.

Did Werribee tank on Saturday?
we played with our best side and to the best of our ability.no rested players and definately no tanking.you need 22 committed guys to win a game of footy.we didn't have 22 committed guys on sat.we play every game to win.need to turn it around this week.leos have now beaten us 2times.did hear they had their best side in for a while.

Have to agree bocce. We didn't have 22 players committed to winning a game of footy. I'm sure the coach will have a bit to say this week and I wouldn't want to be in his firing line. Would be disappointed with the effort put in on Saturday. But that was last week and next week is when it counts most.

suggesting a tank might be a little bit over the top, but going into round 18 St Leo's probably would have looked like the most preferred finals opponent for Werribee, due to their 7(?) match losing streak. All of a sudden we might have 4 genuine contenders! D2 footy at its best.

Bad luck to the boys from Willy and the JOCs, at least the JOCs still have something to play for with their twos making finals. The popular picks midseason for relegation, salesian and bentleigh, managed to escape.

Can't wait for this weekend! On another note, anyone enlighten me why the VAFA chose Cheltenham to stage the D2 finals? It doesn't strike me as a stand-out venue.

Yeah he was drinking yesterday with the boys. He said still wearing his hospital wrist band. He was in good spirits :thumbsu:

Good to hear that he is alright. He would not of been drinking much though would he cause finals this week.

Harps, you may have a few selection issues this week. Finals will bring everyone out to the track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back