D2 Ammos

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our coach Gez wanted to play this year but couldn't due to his salary as a coach. Like most clubs, we've lost a few blokes who could use the cash and play in the district or country leagues. We even lost Coops to Willy for a plumbing apprentiship!

Greedy bastards leaving for money. Fair dinkum what has it come to. Ha ha. Na in all seriousness it's very hard to leave the money behind when its being offered. You have to really love the club your at to resist that.

The only time its ever looks good harps in on a footy field and im sure the 44 blokes that wear it throughout the day on saturday will prove this....

Harps- forget about the game that starts at 2pm lets chat about the more important game at 11.40... Are you 2s side startin to hit full strength with finals just over a week away u would hope that he side is just about set, how about ur goodself? are u running around gettin a kick or just concentrating on the magnets?

I know us guys at Aquinas are lookin forward to the game on saturday our last big test against weribee we failed miserably and looking forward to the big test on saturday, no doubt the side will be totally different to the side we played last time and we are expecting this!!

Looking forward to it Bloods although the team is still very unsettled, we've had 6-7 changes each week since the game against Werribee and to be honest i've given up trying to guess who'll show up on Thursday night to put their hand up. It's a weird club like that, so many blokes are soooo! easy going but we usually put it together by 11.40 Saturday. You saw first hand what happens when we don't last time we met, Disaster! I expect to have a drink with you and youngblood this time, let me know what number you're wearing at some point.

Looking forward to it Bloods although the team is still very unsettled, we've had 6-7 changes each week since the game against Werribee and to be honest i've given up trying to guess who'll show up on Thursday night to put their hand up. It's a weird club like that, so many blokes are soooo! easy going but we usually put it together by 11.40 Saturday. You saw first hand what happens when we don't last time we met, Disaster! I expect to have a drink with you and youngblood this time, let me know what number you're wearing at some point.

Would love to know wat ur record is when playing at home compared to when ur playing away? dont know the actual stats but i would guess that ur side when playin at home is totally different to the sidee that plays away? must be very frustrating as a coach!

I spose thats the good thing about Aquinas every1 willing to play because they know there are blokes missing out week in week out so they cant just pick and choose when to play!! (I dont know if this is the case at sth but it just seems weird how one week u can beat a team like weribee then lose the following week so convincingly!!)

Would love to know wat ur record is when playing at home compared to when ur playing away? dont know the actual stats but i would guess that ur side when playin at home is totally different to the sidee that plays away? must be very frustrating as a coach!

I spose thats the good thing about Aquinas every1 willing to play because they know there are blokes missing out week in week out so they cant just pick and choose when to play!! (I dont know if this is the case at sth but it just seems weird how one week u can beat a team like weribee then lose the following week so convincingly!!)

It may explain why I'm the 4th reserves coach in 5 years. I enjoy the challenge though and when the team wins it's a bigger rush than you get as a player.

I'm only judging on what i have seen. In the 2 games against Bentleigh he has not done alot at all. Im sure from what i have heard he's a gun but i didnt see it. The best player i saw from Bentleigh was Charlie McFadden on the w/e.

ROBERTSON WILL WIN BEST IN THE LEAGUE!
2nd - cheevers
3rd - morsello

ROBERTSON WILL WIN BEST IN THE LEAGUE!
2nd - cheevers
3rd - morsello

He may well win the league, but from what i have seen twice he couldnt possibly poll votes against us. No way known!

Well the injury course has well and truly hit SMD, i can confirm that Omaid and myself are out for the year. We both have gone down with knees and will have an op in the next few weeks. Washington very much struggling, may not play again rest of the year. Costello (M) done a hammy last night. Cronan out for year with hammy. Acqua has been bed ridden with the flu all week also. And the 2's have 6 players un available from last weeks team. Just when you need a bit of luck it goes pear shaped.

Huge round this week, as it has been for a long time!

Aquinas v SMD
Playing for top spot, but both appear to have top 2 spots secured. If Saints is to be believed, SMD are in a world of trouble, but me thinks SMD may be foxing, and possibly resting a few this week. Regardless, Aquinas by 5 goals.

St Leos v Werribee
All on the line for my boys, equation is simple - well not really! Win and we play finals (unless Banyule smash GE and we only win by a small margin!) Lose, and Glen Eira have to win, but not by heaps, and we can only get done by a small amount. That is how I see it, correct me if I'm wrong. I'm going to go for the winning option, with St leo's beating Werribee for the second time this year, by a goal. Drifter, couldn't make it down last night - what happened in selection?

Glen Eira v Banyule
Another hige game, with both waiting for St Leos to fall over to grab the coveted fourth spot. Saw GE first hand last week, and think they will be too desperate for Banyule, especially at home. GE by a goal.

Salesian v Bentleigh
Salesian to send Bentleigh to D3. Salesian have too much fire power for Bentleigh, and if Hazell, Mallett and the handsomely paid Singh and Morsello can put in anywhere near their best, Salesian could win this by heaps.

St Johns v Williamstown
St Johns at home. Williamstown desperately unlucky, quality club and quality blokes, but unfortunately will be displaying their talent in D3 next year.

Finally, comp B&F

1. Robertson - Bentleigh. Not enough blokes to take votes off him at Bentleigh.
2. Barranello - St Leo's. Has had a quality year
3. C. Lee - Werribee. When he's on, he's on. Expect a number of BOG's.

Best facilities for away clubs - Banyule, Williamstown
Worst facilities for away clubs - toss up between St Leos and Aquinas

Best ground (condition)- Williamstown
Worst ground (condition)- St Leos, Werribee

Best social rooms - Glen Eira, Banyule, bentleigh
Worst social rooms - Werribee

Best blokes to play against (both on field and off) - Williamstown, Aquinas
Worst - SMD

Sharp shooter - tie! both blokes to kick 5 tomorrow!

My two cents worth, think I have everything covered!

Huge round this week, as it has been for a long time!

Aquinas v SMD
Playing for top spot, but both appear to have top 2 spots secured. If Saints is to be believed, SMD are in a world of trouble, but me thinks SMD may be foxing, and possibly resting a few this week. Regardless, Aquinas by 5 goals.

Best blokes to play against (both on field and off) - Williamstown, Aquinas
Worst - SMD
quote]

I can assure you there is no foxing, wish it was as would love to be playing finals but thats how the cards fall, chance for someone else to step up in our absenses.

As for worst club to play against, can you elaborate as to why?

Yep, can and happy to. Hard to call, as I reckon most sides have been pretty good. But, 1) some of the comments both on and off field from some of the SMD boys, particularly last time we played, showed little respect for the opposition, who were clearly being smashed but having a go. 2) Also the behaviour of some of your supporters. Only takes a couple of bad eggs to spoil it. 3) reserves umpire.

Having said that, in other years it would be other clubs, but wanted to go the whole hog and name everything conceivable, so had to name that! As I said, this year has been a particularly good one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didnt realise Morsello had stayed through the entire pre-season - my mistake.

It was suspicious that Singh returned mid-season - fronting a new set of wheels and too much bling..

As a ex-playing member down at Crydon I have kept a few ties with boys and heard that Morsello was a very much wanted player, as for Singh, he really spun the bulls**t to get him a go at a higher level.
He said he played regular VFL when he played 2 reserves games in as many years. It showed and he didn't get a game in the 1s and didn't get paid so cracked the sh**s and knicked off. So also answering if the pay duds, anyone to play in the EFL 1s is no dud, so they wouldn't. Their not Noble where they pay their 2s!

Yep, can and happy to. Hard to call, as I reckon most sides have been pretty good. But, 1) some of the comments both on and off field from some of the SMD boys, particularly last time we played, showed little respect for the opposition, who were clearly being smashed but having a go. 2) Also the behaviour of some of your supporters. Only takes a couple of bad eggs to spoil it. 3) reserves umpire.

Having said that, in other years it would be other clubs, but wanted to go the whole hog and name everything conceivable, so had to name that! As I said, this year has been a particularly good one.

Not a problem at all, you make very good points and everyone is entitled to their opinion. At least your willing to be honest with your assesment. As you said i think the behaviour of all clubs had been pretty good, so its a bit like trying to find a poor midfielder at West Coast. It's a hard thing to do.

3) reserves umpire.

i reckon this would suffice for an answer. he ain't no good.

Banyule would surely win the best social rooms category.

Also sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the facilities at Aquinas Kibe, any specific issues?

As a ex-playing member down at Crydon I have kept a few ties with boys and heard that Morsello was a very much wanted player, as for Singh, he really spun the bulls**t to get him a go at a higher level.
He said he played regular VFL when he played 2 reserves games in as many years. It showed and he didn't get a game in the 1s and didn't get paid so cracked the sh**s and knicked off. So also answering if the pay duds, anyone to play in the EFL 1s is no dud, so they wouldn't. Their not Noble where they pay their 2s!

That Singh bloke loves himself to, was telling one of our guys how good he was, how much he was dominating and that his sh*t didnt stink. He got 4 kicked on him that day to.

i reckon this would suffice for an answer. he ain't no good.

Banyule would surely win the best social rooms category.

Also sorry to hear you didn't enjoy the facilities at Aquinas Kibe, any specific issues?

Comment was based on the size of the away rooms. You'll see I also put St leos in that category. Ground was good, social rooms good, but away rooms small. Unfortunately, nothing you can do about it. At least the showers were hot!

Old squid isn't that bad. I think he's as fair as they come:D:D

Comment was based on the size of the away rooms. You'll see I also put St leos in that category. Ground was good, social rooms good, but away rooms small. Unfortunately, nothing you can do about it. At least the showers were hot!

If it makes u feel any better Kibe or home rooms probably arnt bigger than the away rooms, so im guessing it was just the poor designs of the school! With all the warm ups being done out the ground these days it probably doesnt make that much of a difference, as long as there are hot showers after a cold day i dont mind at all!!

Saints- find it hard to believe that you have all those injuries, and if so why would u come onto an open forum and tell the opposition about it?
Either way it should be a cracker of a game tomorrow where a bit of ammo comin into the first final could also be gained...

BTW if it is true about ur season ending injury i do feel for ya, so close to finals, something like that happening could be nothing less than devestating!!

That Singh bloke loves himself to, was telling one of our guys how good he was, how much he was dominating and that his sh*t didnt stink. He got 4 kicked on him that day to.

To be fair to singh they werent kicked on him. he was a reasonable player.

did talk himself up though. well.

Well saints i have a spot reserved for you in the crowd this sat. it has been pretty lonely there all year, good to have some company. Omaid can probably join us as well, but he at least has some hope of getting back out there this year.

That singh bloke is kidding himself he loves to talk about himself ask him once i herd he hit seven targets in a row at training coz he so good. he left the griffin for money and the roomer is a few ex player bank rolled his return.

That singh bloke is kidding himself he loves to talk about himself ask him once i herd he hit seven targets in a row at training coz he so good. he left the griffin for money and the roomer is a few ex player bank rolled his return.

least he turns up to training and has the right attitude ray white! ;););)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back