D2 Ammos

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has family links Pat and i hear he is keen to play with some of his relatives. Big sacrifice to make but from all reports it's a done deal. Which club are you from Pat.

I play down the road at Old Westbourne.

Perry Meka will be a huge pick up for you guys if he plays. Apparently he never misses once he gets it. Pretty wide fella by all reports - not getting paid in hot dogs is he?

No hot dogs mate, he is related to a few blokes down there. Can anyone out there shed any light on the condition of grounds.

Soldiers reserve is very lush and green. Loves the cricket season, dies off during winter. No one allowed to train on it till closer to the start of the season.

I think the werribee boys are doing a boot camp at a few different locations for 5 weeks then will resume at soldiers. They also have access to price reserve in wbee south so a few blokes have told me.

I think the werribee boys are doing a boot camp at a few different locations for 5 weeks then will resume at soldiers. They also have access to price reserve in wbee south so a few blokes have told me.

Thats right Bannet. Starting tonight we have a boot camp at different locations around the western suburbs for five weeks then get back into skills training at whatever location we can around Werribee.

kibe,

looking at the teams in the division and playing against you last year you boys really should find yourselves back in D1 2008,

the two teams comming up will play no part in the finals series,

Good luck to the animals, good blokes, and monties to win the big one.

SSB,
that is a big call, you telling me the gap in standard is that big between D1 and D2??? come on........ Aquinas and Glen Eira might have something to say about that after dropping back..... Leos might have a few handy types returning and good luck in that repect but you will find a few of the sides currently in D2 are going to improve... Leos will need to turn over half their side if they are to make the finals let alone win it. at this stage, going by last years results, I think Leos might need to wait a least another year before thinking of returning to D1, making the finals in D2 this year will be an effort in itself.

SSB,
that is a big call, you telling me the gap in standard is that big between D1 and D2??? come on........ Aquinas and Glen Eira might have something to say about that after dropping back..... Leos might have a few handy types returning and good luck in that repect but you will find a few of the sides currently in D2 are going to improve... Leos will need to turn over half their side if they are to make the finals let alone win it. at this stage, going by last years results, I think Leos might need to wait a least another year before thinking of returning to D1, making the finals in D2 this year will be an effort in itself.
Sideshowbob is not Leos- not sure where he is from, but totally agree with his sentiment on Leos- not sure though on his thoughts with Sth and Bentleigh. Think Leos should be favorites and were a very unlucky relegation, however think Sth Melb would be a chance to do a Rupo, and threaten for a double promotiom. My one concern with them is the lack of an u19 side last year. Sides serious about advancing need them

Back to Leos v Glen Eira and Aquinas- last years Leos were heads and shoulders above Aquinas and Glen Eira of the year before.. we are talking ten goals better.

Sideshowbob is not Leos- not sure where he is from, but totally agree with his sentiment on Leos- not sure though on his thoughts with Sth and Bentleigh. Think Leos should be favorites and were a very unlucky relegation, however think Sth Melb would be a chance to do a Rupo, and threaten for a double promotiom. My one concern with them is the lack of an u19 side last year. Sides serious about advancing need them

Back to Leos v Glen Eira and Aquinas- last years Leos were heads and shoulders above Aquinas and Glen Eira of the year before.. we are talking ten goals better.
OC,
so you are not counting on any of the current D2 sides improving? thats a dangerous underestimation.
i heard werribee gave you guys a nice 15 goal touch in a practice game last year, and yes i know you can't go off practice match form but that form looks like it continued through the year..

Iam not from Leos either- am from a side who has played the three i mentioned in the past couple of years. Of course sides will improve, however i am basing my opinion(note .. my opinion only) on what i have seen over several years, and think Leos were a relatively strong side to get relegated. To set an example for you.. Two years ago we beat Aquinas by 100+ in the wet- not sure they even scored. Last year we beat Leos comfortably, but not by that much by any means.. they were far more competitive across the board.

Iam not from Leos either- am from a side who has played the three i mentioned in the past couple of years. Of course sides will improve, however i am basing my opinion(note .. my opinion only) on what i have seen over several years, and think Leos were a relatively strong side to get relegated. To set an example for you.. Two years ago we beat Aquinas by 100+ in the wet- not sure they even scored. Last year we beat Leos comfortably, but not by that much by any means.. they were far more competitive across the board.
point taken OC, so do you think it should have been Pahran getting relegated?
by all reports, the Aquinas side from last year had some significant recruits from the previous year, and they scrapped into the finals. My opinion would be that the top 4 in D2 from last year, would easily account for at least the bottom 3 in D1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Prahran did very well to avoid relegation, and for the majority of the season were far weaker than Leos, however pulled themselves from the fire with a great finish to the year, also helped by the return of a few gun, good spirit and astute coaching. With more to return this year they will improve very quickly in D1.
If Oakleigh and Peninsula are the yard sticks, even with players like Bromley, Payze etc, cannot see sides 3 and 4 getting close to LEos of last year. Leos major problem was lack of pace, but Ballard is very very good- D1 ruck of the year previous, and Buckle an equally good onballer- if they hold onto those two they will be part way there.. maybe Kibe or one of his fellow leos can enlighten us to how they are travelling

all good OC, i guess this arguement won't be settled til Septemeber, I can't see Peninsula making Finals, Oakleigh maybe, they are a more even side than Peninsula and play better away from home. Oakleigh have a lot more players that require looking after which will cause tems headaches. The word is also a few of their juniors coming through are handy types.

Ballard is very very good- D1 ruck of the year previous, and Buckle an equally good onballer- if they hold onto those two they will be part way there..

Hasnt Buckle left and gone to play football up in QLD or WA?? i could be wrong but im pretty sure he is playin football up there in 07.
Leos of course will be a good team in 07 but i think goin by the Aquinas team of 05 to compare how they will go is a bit tough. Aquinas had 6-10 new players in 2006 compared to that of 05. These included Tibb (early on in 06 b4 injury was in contention for the D2 team of the yr) Den Braber (League BnF winner) and their coach Glassborrow. So i dont think you can accurately predict how Leos will go from 2005.

Going by last years results and Sth Melbourne coming up after winning easily in 06 and St Leos "unluckily" getting relegated i think these teams will add to an already very even and highly skilled competition in 07!!

Lets just hope the season starts on time with grounds hopefully not delaying the start of the season!

by all reports the amms at werribee are going to be very strong.... a few good young blokes and the star forward they have picked up they are going to be hard to topple.... south who i say

so oc, i would suggest that you are from infact old carey ??

I agree with you totally, gifted, of course clubs in d2 will improve, espically the ones that have an u/19s side running around, and maybe even moreso the clubs that gave thier u/19s a taste of senior footy last year, however imo only leo's were a very good side to be relegated, and teams will have to be very good to beat them, home or away next year,

someone from werribee please confirm that dean witten and ben stonibrink ? have infact signed at baccus marsh for season 2007?

I think that last year D2 was pretty even across the board. There was only a few blow outs e.g. Peninsula v St.Johns. But you only have to look at Willi last year and the amount close games they were involved during the year and would have been stiff to be relegated. With the mail posted so far by several people this season could be even closer. Sides that come down a grade can not expect to bounce straight back up unless they recruit some quality to their clubs. As this can prove difficult as the better players don't want to play the lower standards of the competition. Also agreeing with one of the previous posts about having 19's is critical for clubs. With this in mind I would expect Aquinas to be thereabouts again. Salesian may not feel the lose of not having 19's last year but it may bite them down the track. There really isn't much of a excuse for sides aligned to schools not to have 19's.

Sloth out

so oc, i would suggest that you are from infact old carey ??

I agree with you totally, gifted, of course clubs in d2 will improve, espically the ones that have an u/19s side running around, and maybe even moreso the clubs that gave thier u/19s a taste of senior footy last year, however imo only leo's were a very good side to be relegated, and teams will have to be very good to beat them, home or away next year,

someone from werribee please confirm that dean witten and ben stonibrink ? have infact signed at baccus marsh for season 2007?

SSB they have moved on to drier pastures out at the Marsh. Handy players that will be missed. Hopefully they can get a full season out of Whitto. Only saw part of what he could achieve last year.

SSB they have moved on to drier pastures out at the Marsh. Handy players that will be missed. Hopefully they can get a full season out of Whitto. Only saw part of what he could achieve last year.

Incorrect.......... whitten signed at marsh, no certaintity to play due to illness. Stornibrink has not signed anywhere, undecided on what he is going to do, may still return to werribee...

Gary Baldi, clearly you dont get to training much as your very ill informed to the comings and goings of the WAFC. As gifted said both Dean and Ben attended some of the pre-christmas training at the marsh but were a long way from signing. In fact if you stepped out of the hot dog line you would see that 98% of players from last years side has been retained as well as some very promising youngster's. This combined with the influx of some new faces from clubs that had previously poached some of our players buy promising the world and delivering Doveton it seems an exciting year both on and off the field. So Mr Baldy, put down the donut and can of coke or you might get left a long, long way behind.

Gary Baldi, clearly you dont get to training much as your very ill informed to the comings and goings of the WAFC. As gifted said both Dean and Ben attended some of the pre-christmas training at the marsh but were a long way from signing. In fact if you stepped out of the hot dog line you would see that 98% of players from last years side has been retained as well as some very promising youngster's. This combined with the influx of some new faces from clubs that had previously poached some of our players buy promising the world and delivering Doveton it seems an exciting year both on and off the field. So Mr Baldy, put down the donut and can of coke or you might get left a long, long way behind.

Geez Champ you don't get on here much do you. Have I ever said that Werribee were not retaining 98% of there players. I said it was a very promising outlook for this year with the players we have and they players coming through from the juniors not to mention the signings coming on board. Four players left. That i believe is all i mentioned. So before you start passing the bull#$it around get your facts straight. If your interested in talking more about it i'm more than happy to. See you at training.

SOUTH MELBOURNE DISTRICT FOOTBALL CLUB
Premiers D3 in 2006 – elevated to D2 for 2007
Senior and Reserve teams are seeking to play two practice games in March.
Unfortunately, due to the drought and Grand Prix works, our ground will not be available so would have to play on our opponents ground.

Please private message me by clicking on my user name to the left or e-mail me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back