D2 Ammos

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
hate to be a scribe-basher, but Jono Healy could go close to that tool of the week award for reporting Whitehead as one of Aquinas' best for the weekend in this round's footy record. Any game that Whits plays you could generally pencil his name in the best, but it is a stretch when he wasn't even in Victoria when saturday's game was played.

Good work by the scribe this week, tipping all 5 games correctly

Anyone giving Bentleigh any chances to turning their season around?

Any odds at this stage for them to make the top 4 by the end of the year?

Nothing against Bentleigh but they are in a bit of trouble

Too many other sides who are competitive to string a heap of wins together - even Salesian who thrashed us are pretty good

Plus 2 have to go down

I'll give 20 to 1 on them making the Top 4

Just my opinion

Anyone giving Bentleigh any chances to turning their season around?

Any odds at this stage for them to make the top 4 by the end of the year?

I think we'll pick up a bit if we can some of our injured players back...Yeah everyone has injuries....but there's a few of ours that are key players...

Good to finally have Charlie McFaddin back though...he's had a shocking run with injuries all preseason....
Lochie Tangas is due to return this week....and Dave 'The Freak' Martin shouldn't be too far off either....

I think we'll pick up a bit if we can some of our injured players back...Yeah everyone has injuries....but there's a few of ours that are key players...

Good to finally have Charlie McFaddin back though...he's had a shocking run with injuries all preseason....
Lochie Tangas is due to return this week....and Dave 'The Freak' Martin shouldn't be too far off either....

Fair call Black Mamba - Dave Martin can certainly play. Was one of your best against us in rd 1, and looked like he would be better for the run.

well mate use were talking yourselves up 4 zip ,as far as i am aware it has been like that all year for you guys,you still seemed to notch up four wins.

no excuses my friend in regards to expresso comments

bees i think must have his hands full, as in with food which could be delaying him from posting as often as he would like yaga

shaun dean having a fair year turned the game on the weekend with a couple of goals in a minute, jima norton just goes about his business and gets the job done

Yeah mate. Dean has been solid in the 1's. Hasnt dominated games but done enough to keep his spot and as for jima he's only getting a game because he's the coaches son :D
cheers mate have played with both of them and a lot of the wezza boys and played under kirk one of the best coachs around imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK gents, time to get a bit of life back on this forum

Tips for mine
AQUINAS
vs
BENTLEIGH
Aquinas will win and win comfortably. They are the premiership favourites, and best side I have seen this year. On their own ground they will be very hard to beat. Bentleigh will need Martin and Sharp to have big games, but Aquinas will be to strong - Aquinas by 8 goals.

EMMAUS ST LEOS
vs
BANYULE
Banyule, top of the ladder, St Leo's some average and inconsistent form. This will be a big test for both, and I am going with the animals by under a goal, purely and simply because of the home ground advantage.

SOUTH MELBOURNE DISTRICTS
vs
WILLIAMSTOWN CYMS
Williamstown have been unlucky, and had a good win last week, but can't see them getting over an SMD outfit that will be desperate to bounce back. At home, and with Cheevers in good form, I am going for SMD by 5 goals.

SALESIAN
vs
WERRIBEE
Interesting one this, Salesian would be dissapointed after a 1 poit loss last week, and Werribee are flying. Danger game for Werribbee, and one that they need to win to prove they are a good side. With Mallett up forward, and Hazell in the middle, I am going for Salesian by less than a goal, becasue of the home ground advantage.

ST JOHNS
vs
GLEN EIRA
This will be a good indication of where both sides are at. St Johns at home, for mine. They have had some impressive results, and should account for Glen Eira by 4 goals.

Where is the SAINT, could he give us a report from the tigers v's SMD game.

Werribee came out in the first qtr and really gave us a bit of a wake up call, they were 3- 4 goals up qtr time. SMD did there usual "let's turn it on" and we had the lead by half time. Very dubious send off to one of our players, umps had no clue. that hurt us. After half time it was really all Werribee, scoreline flattered us a bit. Cant wait for the return match.
Unfortunately for us this week we wil have 7 -10 of our best team out, so it will be a character building game if we could win.

OK gents, time to get a bit of life back on this forum

Couldn't agree more with you Kibe. Less intra-club business and more D2 talk!

AQUINAS v Bentleigh - Hard to tip against my own club, particularly against a side that has yet to prove its D2 credentials. Aquinas always a difficult task at home - bloods by 6 goals.

Emmaus v BANYULE - Banyule should prove today that the St Johns result was the anomaly in their season and they are definnitely a top 4 side. Banyule by 3 goals.

South Melbourne v WILLY CYs - Based on what has been said on this forum about SMD outs (accurate or not), I'm going out on a limb and tipping that the journey over the bridge will be a happy one for the boys from Williamstown. CYs by 13 points.

Salesian v WERRIBEE - As much as I would like to see Salesian cause an upset i think werribee will have too much run for them and win by 22 points.

ST JOHNS v Glen Eira - No one enjoys travelling to Doveton, for football or otherwise, and the glen eira boys won't be enjoying the trip home either. Jocs by 18 points.

good luck to all sides for the weekend!

AQUINAS
vs
BENTLEIGH
Too strong at home. Sharp to kick 10 in a losing side.

EMMAUS ST LEOS
vs
BANYULE
Lets see how good Banyule really are. Result will probably depend on what type of game St Leo's brings though, can beat anyone on their day.

SOUTH MELBOURNE DISTRICTS
vs
WILLIAMSTOWN CYMS
If it is true about the injuries to the South boys, (Saints or Harper, how many senior players that played last week will miss this week?) I will still tip them because of home ground advantage.

SALESIAN
vs
WERRIBEE
Although Salesians lost last week they are in some good form. Once again the home ground advantage to come into play.

ST JOHNS
vs
GLEN EIRA
GE had the wood over St Johns last year and I expect that trend to continue.

GAME ON agree with 3 of your predictions Aquinas, Banyule and Glen Eira but Werribee will prove how good they are, Willy will be too good for SMD if you believe how many outs they have,

would have to agree with most of the tipsters backing salesian in their game at chaddy against werribee. werribee had their pants pulled down out there last year and at a time when they were travelling pretty well too, so salesian probly does deserve to get the nod pre-game.

however i think werribee's young boys are just starting to hit their straps and the whole team is just starting to gel together nicely. everyone will see werribee at their best at chaddy to have a win over salesian

The Gas back with a few observations from the Willy v Aquinas game last week....
Well done to the Aquinas boys last Saturday. First quarter blew the Cys away. Aquinas are a very well-coached team and look very organised on the park. To the Willy boys credit, after a 44 to 3 first term, we fought all day. Aquinas probably (and rightly) believed the game was over at 1/4 time, and in a sense it was. A tight third quarter had the Willy boys believing they could storm home with the wind, but Aquinas played the stoppages superbly and showed how well-drilled they are. I thought the final 3 quarters were an absorbing contest, and expect Willy to be competitive against SMD this week..

Agreed Gas, I think Williamstown are quite a good outfit, however they had to capitalise on their chances, they didn't. Also the wind played tricks with everyone and I thought that whilst Aquinas looked the side to use it better, Willy fought all day. Against SMD, I think they are a red hot chance to get the points, with or without injuries to the opponents.
Interesting that Bentleigh is thought to have not proved themselves in D2, I pose the question has Sth Melb? As they have not beaten or come up against a team classified as the real deal...

Interesting that Bentleigh is thought to have not proved themselves in D2, I pose the question has Sth Melb? As they have not beaten or come up against a team classified as the real deal...

100% correct, we at SMD have not proved ourselves yet BUT we have to be happy with winning 4 games to this stage. You can only beat who you play each week and thus far we have done that 4 out of 5 times. We all know we have a very hard 3 -5 weeks ahead of us but we are confident we have the ability and personell to put in a good showing for the rest of the year.
The reason that Bentleigh are or have been percieved to not have proven themselves is because they are yet to win. They were a very good side and i understande have had players out. They will win more than they lose on the road in.
To answer previous posts we have 5 - 6 players out this week who played on Saturday. Some boys have decided to go to Perth for the w/e. Priorities boys.

KIBE the Salesian v Werribee game is not at Salesian's home ground, its at Southern Oval in Mulgrave. Seems like no home ground advantage. Are you still sticking to your prediction of a Salesian win???

KIBE the Salesian v Werribee game is not at Salesian's home ground, its at Southern Oval in Mulgrave. Seems like no home ground advantage. Are you still sticking to your prediction of a Salesian win???

West - I am sticking with my prediction, as Southern Oval is a massive home ground advantage. Very tricky breeze towards the police road end, that Salesian seemed to master when they played us. They played the ground very very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back