D2 Ammos

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
KIBE the Salesian v Werribee game is not at Salesian's home ground, its at Southern Oval in Mulgrave. Seems like no home ground advantage. Are you still sticking to your prediction of a Salesian win???

Its more that the tigers are away that makes the advantage! Anyway I'd still call it a home ground advantage, they have been playing games their this year!!

Werribee has quite a few new faces in the line up and I believe this will help with the 'away' blues.

This years Away record doesn't really back up your claim WEST. Loss to Aquinus and a 1 point win against the struggling Willy.

I guess you have got another 7 trips over the Bridge to prove me wrong though!!

Hopefuly this will be the start. We have a new coach with new players. This will be our test as the side is starting to play as a team.

This years Away record doesn't really back up your claim WEST. Loss to Aquinus and a 1 point win against the struggling Willy.

I guess you have got another 7 trips over the Bridge to prove me wrong though!!

I have to agree with you game. To be a genuine finals contender you must beat teams away from home BUT in saying that the boys down at tigerland have got a buzz about them this week and i think they'll get up this weekend in both 1's and 2's

I have to agree with you game. To be a genuine finals contender you must beat teams away from home BUT in saying that the boys down at tigerland have got a buzz about them this week and i think they'll get up this weekend in both 1's and 2's
Yagabomb will you be available this week????

I am undecided which game I should attend this weekend, which game will be the game of the round?

I reckon the Werribee vs. Salesian game will be a good one to watch, Werribee away have to prove themselves, Salesian have to win these games to get things kicking. Bit of a crunch game for both, if Werribee loses, it puts them a little further behind. If Salesian lose, it really puts them under pressure to remain in D2 as they will have to try make up this match back down at Werribee...

I am undecided which game I should attend this weekend, which game will be the game of the round?
Salesian v Werribee the game of the round. Both sides with something to prove, with Hazell playing well, will see if he can be contained. Also you will get to see how the new lads for Werribee perform. Should be a cracker with Werribee over the line by 7 points.

You could always fly to Perth with most of the districts players and see WC vs Kangaroos:thumbsu:

Plenty of players back for SMD this week, also a couple of new blokes for the 2's, will even have a bench this week.

cheers mate have played with both of them and a lot of the wezza boys and played under kirk one of the best coachs around imo

yeah i hear the werribee kids and coach kirk have done the rounds in the WRFL... will be good to see if they can make a name for themselves this year...

What do u think of the group NQR??

yeah i hear the werribee kids and coach kirk have done the rounds in the WRFL... will be good to see if they can make a name for themselves this year...

What do u think of the group NQR??
im sure most will make a name in this league if not higher in the future.....
a lot to like aboutt the list there younger group work hard on and off the track no what it takes to win a premiership what was it 6 out of 7 ??? sounds like they have some experienced older guys too..... and to win flags at snr level thats what you need a good mix of youth and experience

Any big events in Round 6 boys

Obviously we're happy with our efforts at Leos this week - but still in the mid-table slog - 3 of the top 4 posting good wins and staying clear of us.

Banyule were really slick in the 1st quarter - if they play like that they are a strong team and should play finals.

Are many players away for the long week??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes Michael Hazell is by far the best player in the comp. Won a 'A' grade comp b and f and i think that speaks volumes about how much talent that this guy posseses. Can tear any team up on any day. You just gotta hope that he isnt 'on' when you play selesian because he is one of the very few that can win a game of his own boot.

Hazell is definately a protected species with the umpires.

Despite this, he is an extraordiarily good player when he wants to be.

........Also doesn't mind throwing an elbow here or there.

Hazell is definately a protected species with the umpires.

Despite this, he is an extraordiarily good player when he wants to be.

........Also doesn't mind throwing an elbow here or there.

Nothing dirty at all when we played him.

Maybe if you keep getting tagged your'e probably entitled to give a bit back ie. Judd

#1 for Willy was honoured with a Q4 tag on Saturday and didn't have a clue what to do about it. The bloke plays good unaccountable footy but was really rattled by some close checking.

Saturday's game (SMD v Willy) was a pretty decent game. It closed down a bit as SMD's lead dwindled (as did our bench and fitness). I think Willy a a better team than their record suggests. South will only get stronger as some players start to return, however the loss of another 2 on Saturday might hurt in the short term.

Interesting round of football just finalised. St Leo's had a very good win against Banyule, Werribee would be wrapped to get over the line away against Salesian, and SMD likewise v Willi.

Would love to know what happened in the Aquinas game, looked like a cracker. How many did sharp kick? And the St Johns Glen Eira blowout was an interesting result as well.

Interesting round of football just finalised. St Leo's had a very good win against Banyule, Werribee would be wrapped to get over the line away against Salesian, and SMD likewise v Willi.

Would love to know what happened in the Aquinas game, looked like a cracker. How many did sharp kick? And the St Johns Glen Eira blowout was an interesting result as well.

i can tell you first hand Kibe that werribee wasn't wrapped to get over the line. kicking 8 goals in the first term and then kicking 4.13 for the next 3 quarters was absolutely terrible. just wasn't enough scoreboard pressure from the werribee forwards, game should have been over at half time.

but a win is a win, especially one away, so we'll take it

Yeh Sharp did miss a goal after the siren to win the match for Bentleigh.. HE kicked 5 goals for the game, but he got a couple of weak free kicks that game him a couple of goals so the backline did well zoning off their opponents to help get a punch on the ball, coz bentligh go to him every time which is fair enuff considerin the amount of goals he kicked!!

Very lucky win by Aquinas, need to learn to convert on the opportunities they had so they dont give sides a sniff like they did again this week!

be interesting to hear some salesian boys thought on the umpiring from saturday...from werribee's point of view i thought the blonde haired umpire was bloody shocking, absolute control freak and paid some mind-bogglingly ridiculous free kicks

i also heard that the umpires were heard arguing at 1/4 time and at a few points in the game one umpire was seen shaking his head at some decisions given by his colleague

Was at the St johns, Glen Eira game on saturday. GE lead by 1 goal at half time and I thought it would have been more (I was at the half of the ground where you couldn't see the scoreboard), they had the better of general play. St johns midfeild dominated from then on, they kick 7 goals to 0, and won almost every centre clearence. A real danger side for final hopeful's, especially at home.

The umps have had an up and down year this season, like most of the teams. The one thing about this game was the old push in the back. They did not pay one all game, both sides were robbed so I dont think it impacted the result.

Was at the St johns, Glen Eira game on saturday. GE lead by 1 goal at half time and I thought it would have been more (I was at the half of the ground where you couldn't see the scoreboard), they had the better of general play. St johns midfeild dominated from then on, they kick 7 goals to 0, and won almost every centre clearence. A real danger side for final hopeful's, especially at home.

The umps have had an up and down year this season, like most of the teams. The one thing about this game was the old push in the back. They did not pay one all game, both sides were robbed so I dont think it impacted the result.

Thanks for that info - St Johns seem to be excelling at home - 3&0 this yr - beating Salesian, Banyule and GE.

Has anyone beat them there??

What do people know about Willy - they have a great % for a 1 and 5 team - they seem to lose every game by 10 pts..

Any danger men other than the 2nd leading goal kicker??

i would have to rate st johns as one of the best, if not THE best home team in the comp. have no idea what does it for them but they are always extremely hard to beat over there. i know we haven't beaten them there in my time at werribee and a few years before that i think

Can you shed some light as to how StJohns scored 12 goals to GE 2 after half time??? We play GE this week at home. Big game for the Bees. We lost twice to them last year by a point each time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back