D2 D2 Section 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously I think Huddo would be laughing his head off that he was getting mentioned on here so much. Im sure there are much more important things to talk about.

Who are the players to stop for Willy anyway? they have had quite a few different players in the best over the past few games.

Seriously I think Huddo would be laughing his head off that he was getting mentioned on here so much. Im sure there are much more important things to talk about.

Who are the players to stop for Willy anyway? they have had quite a few different players in the best over the past few games.

How is Huddo going AKKA?

Injury crisis behind him?

Can he pull OW up to D1??????

Drifter and I are missing a few good characters from last years threads!

This week - CY's vs Eltham. As usual, against these 'people', it is going to be a tough, physical game and we are sure Eltham will come out fighting (literally)[/quote]

nice one clown. the two home and away games last year were tough and physical games which could have gone either way.

the grand final however, is not something the boys are proud of and does not reflect the club we are. it is unfortunate the way a few acted on the day, however we haved moved on and put it behind us. i suggest you do to.
looking forward to another good game on the weekend, willy in good form so will be tough for us but look forward to the challenge.

Agreed Chump, game has come at a good time, as intensity (among other things) was severely lacking last week. You guys beat us twice last year so we will be out for some payback I reckon!! Hopefully we can get our season back on track this week, as a loss sees us at 1-3....

any chance you will be donning the black and white for the big clash mate?

I'm a couple of weeks off game time Akka .....;)

Good reply Arthur McCarther. The Grand Final was a disaster for the Eltham Football Club, but the two previous games were very tough games which could've easily gone either way. We are looking forward to a similar game this week. Please ensure you guys remove all the kangaroo poo from the ground.:thumbsu:

Who to stop at CY's? Up until last year, we have relied on a bunch of guys to step up week in week out to get us over the line. A couple of backman, couple of gun forwards and a couple of gun midfielders, but this year we are a very even team. If a couple of forwards have a down day (Wongy & Wheels), up step the 3rd and 4th forward (Chicken Elliott & Will Cooper). Its a sign of a good team and a worrying sign for opposition!

sherlock is not a willy member he is a pot stirrer from outside. i've been to two of willy's home games, no star 1's players in the 2's there, reasonable depth though. i hear one Dave Lee is on the track, possibly just in a coaching/mentoring capacity
Im not too sure who this Sherlock007 clown is, but I can tell you the rest of the CY's clan isn't talking Division 1 at all. Hasn't been mentioned and wont be mentioned until we are actually in Division 1.

We understand we have played and beaten two teams that everyone regarded as the top two teams, but as someone else has mentioned, they were both at home. Ammo footy can be a funny game, we might get injuries, luck might go against us and there is still 15 games to go!

This week - CY's vs Eltham. As usual, against these 'people', it is going to be a tough, physical game and we are sure Eltham will come out fighting (literally)

huddo would be laughing explain dose he do big footy? i wat to hear from him

sherlock is not a willy member he is a pot stirrer from outside. i've been to two of willy's home games, no star 1's players in the 2's there, reasonable depth though. i hear one Dave Lee is on the track, possibly just in a coaching/mentoring capacity

Yeah look out for him to make an apperance on the field again this season...............in club 18's!

not as silly as it sounds there are a few good kids in the clubbies for him to work with, also heard he's not far off 150 games. long awaited premiership last season, 150 games would befit a great career.

not as silly as it sounds there are a few good kids in the clubbies for him to work with, also heard he's not far off 150 games. long awaited premiership last season, 150 games would befit a great career.

Can we all get off and over this god from westbourne, obviously he aint helping anyone down there with them being smacked on the weekend.

Anyways wouldnt it be justice for the cheating peninsula pirates to miss out on finals all together when they should have been a walk up grand final side after last years efforts.

Can we all get off and over this god from westbourne, obviously he aint helping anyone down there with them being smacked on the weekend.

Anyways wouldnt it be justice for the cheating peninsula pirates to miss out on finals all together when they should have been a walk up grand final side after last years efforts.
I think that post is in reference to someone down at Williamstown not Westbourne actually.

He is a very good player and if his knee is ok and he gains some fitness I would think that he will be playing in the ones. That would bolster an already dangerous forward line and continue to improve the chances of Willy finishing in the top 4 and some finals action.

Chump.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

willi beats the side that every one thought was clearly the best and it is an upset dose that make the flag favs? who is this paul hudson from westbourne i looked back and he was playing 2's then to get a best on ground did westbourne lie down on the weekend or somthing? will banister kick the most goals out of all divsions because it looks like hes in some good form

The same one who played for Hawthorn and cost the Dogs a flag back in the 90's. When his current AFL coaching requirements allow, he still enjoys a run around with his mates. Keep an eye out for him, he looks exactly the same except he now has red hair and can only kick on his left foot.

The same one who played for Hawthorn and cost the Dogs a flag back in the 90's. When his current AFL coaching requirements allow, he still enjoys a run around with his mates. Keep an eye out for him, he looks exactly the same except he now has red hair and can only kick on his left foot.
You sound like a fustrated Bulldog supporter Old Warrior. With some success on the horizon will you be jumping back on the Blue bandwagon this year?

So onto this weeks games and my guesses, I mean tips.

GE v Banyule: Banyule to continue GE bad start to season 09, by 26 points
POB v TP: Should be a beauty, but have to go with the home team on this occation, POB by 14 points
OP v YV: Again, OP to continue YV's horrible start to their season in another close one, OP by 4 points
Eltham v Willi: Willi to continue their march to back-to-back flags, by 37 points
OW v Ivanhoe: Should be another great game between these two, and think my boys will knock off the locals by 8 points

Good luck to all (except OW of course) this weekend.

So onto this weeks games and my guesses, I mean tips.

GE v Banyule: Banyule to continue GE bad start to season 09, by 26 points
POB v TP: Should be a beauty, but have to go with the home team on this occation, POB by 14 points
OP v YV: Again, OP to continue YV's horrible start to their season in another close one, OP by 4 points
Eltham v Willi: Willi to continue their march to back-to-back flags, by 37 points
OW v Ivanhoe: Should be another great game between these two, and think my boys will knock off the locals by 8 points

Good luck to all (except OW of course) this weekend.

Tips are in early Eddie. Have you got the inside mail on selection???

Time for my tips:

GEv Banyule Glen Eira not far off the mark but Banyule too strong and will win by 35 pts.

Peninsula v Therry-Peninsula a bit of an unknown at this point, Therry very impressive and will win by 26 pts.

OP's v Yarra-Parade to get the points by 3 goals. Yarra have been desperately unlucky so far and will need to make sure they don't drop off after these losses.

Eltham v Willi-Haven't seen Eltham but Willi run the ball well and will win by 5 goals.

OW v Ivanhoe-A fitter Old westbourne will be desperate forr this one and with Grant Connors back after injury and dominating, will be desperately unlucky to lose by 2 pts.

Hi all,
Stumbled across this, good to see there is a D2 Footy Forum and thought i would at least introduce myself before i join the banter. Probably the physically largest part of the OP establishment. Look forward to the rest of season 2009 and all the comments.

Hi all,
Stumbled across this, good to see there is a D2 Footy Forum and thought i would at least introduce myself before i join the banter. Probably the physically largest part of the OP establishment as reserves ruckman. Look forward to the rest of season 2009 and all the comments.

Hello Bishop
Welcome aboard, although probably might be worth you keeping your exact identity a little more discreet. You stick out like dogs balls on the field. Good luck tomorrow you big man you.

Tips for Rd 4

Eltham v Willy. No brainer. Willy are almost unbackable favourites and whilst im sure Eltham will want some revenge for last year’s GF, I can’t see them beating the ladder leaders. Willy by 60+.

OP’s v YV. This might be a very close game. Both teams are in desperate need of a win. Nothing has gone right for Yarra Valley as yet but they seem a very competitive unit. OP’s for mine have too much quality in Allan Young, Sage and the wise old head of Brabender and should win this one. OP’s by 11 points.

GE v Banyule. GE are getting better, no doubt. Diamond, Tsigoriannis and co are starting to hit top form and when they play well, GE are extremely competitive, especially at home. However, Banyule are better than people give them credit for, and I think they will be too fit for GE, and win by 30 points.

Peninsula v Therry. After playing both these teams (and being comprehensively beaten by both) it is very hard to split them. The only think I can say about Therry is that they rely heavily on Bannister kicking a bag for them to win, where as the Pirates have a number of players who can bob up with multiple goals. Having said that Bannister is damn near impossible to stop. I’ll go with Peninsula to get back on the winning list, by 5 points.

Ivanhoe v OW. A two-year-old rivalry resumes. We were deplorable last week, no doubt about that, and Ivanhoe seem to be playing some good footy. The Hoes haven’t beaten us on the last two occasions and we are desperate to exact some revenge. If we lose we will go 1-3, and our finals chances may just go out the window, so with that in mind I think our 'guns' will step up for this one, by less than a kick.

Tips for Rd 4

Eltham v Willy. No brainer. Willy are almost unbackable favourites and whilst im sure Eltham will want some revenge for last year’s GF, I can’t see them beating the ladder leaders. Willy by 60+.

OP’s v YV. This might be a very close game. Both teams are in desperate need of a win. Nothing has gone right for Yarra Valley as yet but they seem a very competitive unit. OP’s for mine have too much quality in Allan Young, Sage and the wise old head of Brabender and should win this one. OP’s by 11 points.

GE v Banyule. GE are getting better, no doubt. Diamond, Tsigoriannis and co are starting to hit top form and when they play well, GE are extremely competitive, especially at home. However, Banyule are better than people give them credit for, and I think they will be too fit for GE, and win by 30 points.

Peninsula v Therry. After playing both these teams (and being comprehensively beaten by both) it is very hard to split them. The only think I can say about Therry is that they rely heavily on Bannister kicking a bag for them to win, where as the Pirates have a number of players who can bob up with multiple goals. Having said that Bannister is damn near impossible to stop. I’ll go with Peninsula to get back on the winning list, by 5 points.

Ivanhoe v OW. A two-year-old rivalry resumes. We were deplorable last week, no doubt about that, and Ivanhoe seem to be playing some good footy. The Hoes haven’t beaten us on the last two occasions and we are desperate to exact some revenge. If we lose we will go 1-3, and our finals chances may just go out the window, so with that in mind I think our 'guns' will step up for this one, by less than a kick.

Just picked up a small typo for you Akka. You mean the Hoes HAVE beaten you on the last 2 occasions. :)

My tips:
Willy to defeat Eltham in the D3 '08 GF replay
OP's to beat Yarra Valley to make them 0-4 (ouch!)
Banyule comfortably over GE
Therry to show they are genuine p'ship contenders by beating Peninsula
Ivanhoe to beat OW in a close one.

Let's hope the wind stays away tomorrow, particularly out at bloody Hoppers Crossing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back