D2 D2 Section 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From all reports, conditions were not the best up at Barooga. Sounds like it was a dirty day all round for the VAFA team.

Tips this week:

TP too strong for YV at home by 38 points
Banyule to just knock off Willi by 2 points in match of the round
Peninsula easily by 51 points over GE
OP to knock off OW by 15 points
My Ivanhoe boys to just get over the line by a point over Eltham

Good luck this weekend all (not Eltham this week though :p)

Tips this week:

Eltham v Invahoe. Eltham, at home, are very hard to beat and will run away with this by 8 goals.

Therry Penola v Yarra Valley. Therry should win this comfortably. YV will really struggle with Bannister me thinks. TP by 65 points.

Peninsula v Glen Eira. The Pirates are another side extremely hard to beat at home The should take care of GE without too many hassles this week. Peninsula by 40 points.

Banyule v Williamstown. Massive game for both clubs. If Willy win this one they will finish top two for mine, and Banyule need a win to keep in touch with the four. Very hard to tip, but, as both teams aren’t in great form. I think Willy have the quality to get over the line though, by 13 points.

Old Westbourne v Old Paradians. Huge game for both teams as we struggle to keep in touch with the top four, and out of arms reach of the bottom 3!! Last year we had two fiery and close encounters against OP’s, and I wouldn’t expect this to be any different. Playing at home might be what get us over the line. The warriors by 1 point.

Tips for this week:

Eltham v Ivanhoe. Eltham are coming off a win & are at home but Ivanhoe have been threatening to take the points now for a few weeks and as is normal with us, will get better as the year goes on. Ivanhoe by 16pts.

Therry v YV-Therry too good by 8 goals.

Peninsula vs Glen Eira-This could be ugly despite Glen eira's great win last game. Peninsula by 90 pts

Banyule v Willy-Tough one to call. Both have a similar run forward style. banyule at home by a goal.

Westbourne v OP's Westbourne are home are tough to beat and Westbourne left the door open for Eltham too often last game and OP's are in good form. OP's by 2 goals.

Hey Guys

Can someone who has seen every team play give a little indication where they think everyone is at?

For me I have only seen a few games but my feelings are that Eltham are just not quite good enough - I dont think they will be beaten at home all year and have the ability to upset any team, on any day, so will be a bogy team for those who are a real chance this year.

For me the Pirates and Therry are my grand finalists. Willy a very close third. The bigger bodies of Therry and The Pirates will get them through the finals.

Banyule to finish forth, good skills, well drilled they will be up and about next year.

I could be completly wrong about all of this so give me your feelings?

Hey Guys

Can someone who has seen every team play give a little indication where they think everyone is at?

For me I have only seen a few games but my feelings are that Eltham are just not quite good enough - I dont think they will be beaten at home all year and have the ability to upset any team, on any day, so will be a bogy team for those who are a real chance this year.

For me the Pirates and Therry are my grand finalists. Willy a very close third. The bigger bodies of Therry and The Pirates will get them through the finals.

Banyule to finish forth, good skills, well drilled they will be up and about next year.

I could be completly wrong about all of this so give me your feelings? 12 Jun 2009 14:56

Pretty much on the mark Richard. Having seen each team a number of times I think that Peninsula are the team to beat although there are no standouts.

Williamstown, Banyule & Therry are of a similar standard although Therry has a key goalkicker which the other's haven't.

Having said that, Peninsula could be vulnerable on big grounds which would give a side that runs the ball well like Willy a big chance if they got there.

Eltham could still make it, as could Parade given that the standard of the finalists isn't as good as last year IMO so a lift from below could see the sides in the four drop games on the way home.

All very quiet on here lads tips?

Richardthethirds for what is worth...

Peninsula over Yarra Valley by 15 Goals +

Willi at home against Westborne by 8 goals

Eltham for a rare away win again Paradians by 4 points

Ivanhoe for a upset of the round against Banyule, 1 point

Terry to give Glen Eira a football lesson 22 goals +

Good luck to all over the weekend.

My tips for this round:

Peninsula over Yarra by 74 pts
Willi over Westbourne by 3 goals.
Parade over Eltham by 6 goals.
Hoes over Banyule by 6 pts
Therry over Glen Eira by 65 pts

In a flip of the coin I'll go with Peninsula by 80 points over YV
Willi just too good at home by pulling away late to win by 27 points over OW
Parade to smash Eltham by 10 goals with 3 VFL players released this week!!
Going with my heart to say the Hoes by 1 point over Banyule
Therry easily over GE by 6 goals.

Enjoy rivalry round!!

All very quiet on here lads tips?

Richardthethirds for what is worth...

Peninsula over Yarra Valley by 15 Goals +

Willi at home against Westborne by 8 goals

Eltham for a rare away win again Paradians by 4 points

Ivanhoe for a upset of the round against Banyule, 1 point

Terry to give Glen Eira a football lesson 22 goals +

Good luck to all over the weekend.
"Terry" apparently aren't very good teachers! 2 goal 4 is a long way from 22+

Sorry i havent been on in a while boys big percy aka (hitman) was not happy with some of the things i was sayin, he was yelling out at training SHERLOCK trying to figure out who i am, it was good to see our boys bounce back on the weekend after a couple of down weeks.

it looks like it will be very close around finals time this year hopefully percy can have a chill pill and keep playing well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Half way mark lads, time for end of year predictions. Mine are as follows:

Premier: Peninsula
Runner Up: Therry

Relegated: Yarra Valley and Glen Eira

League B&F: Bannster (Therry)

Predicted team of the year so far:

FB: Jurgens (B) TP FB?? D. Shepard (B)

HB Hunter (OW) B.Hynes (W) T.Shephard (B)

C: Walsh (W) T.Rees (P) Braddy (B)

HF: Gray (W) Payze (P) Spitty (OP)

FF: Coglan (P) Bannister (TP) Barlow (W)

R: Spink (GE) Galvin (E) Pavez (OW)

I/C Crooks (E) Cooper (W) G. Rees (TP) Crotty (TP)

Had no clue with backmen so I went with the ones I knew......I think

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Massive week in regard to the race to relegation between my boys Glen Eira and Ivanhoe this week.

If you look at the year so far both of these teams have had similer starts to the year. Both got touched up by Willy, OP's and the Pirates, both just lost to Westbourne at Westbourne and both beat Yarra Valley by a bit. % is close too.

The runs home are similer too. Both will see OW and Eltham games at home as winnable as well as YV away. Which makes this game (9 weeks out from seasons end) must wins for both clubs.

No its not, but good to see your still happy with a loss. Aiming high down there this year mate?

Believe me, no one is happy about the result of Saturdays game down at Glen Eira, I you had of been in the rooms after the game you would of realised that. When you have had most of the play up until 3 Q time we needed to be more in front than what we were at that stage of the game. We let the game slip, and when your at 1 and 7 fighting after 8 you need to take those opportunities when they come.

Having said that let it be known that the Saints will be no easy beats in the last 9 rounds. Especially at home.

Thoughts?

Not a bad team at all, I reckon 'from what I have seen' Crooks has got Spink covered by 10 goals in the wet. Payze is a star.

Not sure of his name, he maybe in the team already but either number 50 or 51 from Therry?

Thoughts?

Akka, Couldnt you fit in any from Ivanhoe? Surely Collins has gotta get a mention. Perhaps a bit down from his brilliant form of last year but still alot better than a few mentioned. Spitty from OP's?!? You have to be joking.

My tips for Round 10 are:

Eltham to comfortably handle Yarra at home by 8 goals.
Parade to keep the finals race open by 4 goals over Banyule
Assuming Willy are short a few still, Therry at home by 3 goals.
In the relegation 8 pointer at Packer Reserve, Ivanhoe by 5 points (I've got to be right eventually)
Peninsula to handle the long trip to Westbourne by 6 goals.

Akka - great job.

Buddy love- how about posting your team before you criticize Akka's team?? And you answered your own question about Collins. No doubt he is a pretty good player, but I reckon his consistency has been off. Started the year well, but has faded somewhat.

Its been a while since I've been posting, and this thread looks like its been bloody quiet. So lets start getting some spark back on here. We've got a ripping comp at the moment with 4 sides vying for top spot, and then another 3 sides just outside who will battle to make it, but its not out of the question.

Eltham over Yarra at home by 5 goals.
Banyule to get over OP away. Close one though. 10 points.
Therry play their home ground really well (like most good sides). And altho Willi got over the line comfortably against Westbourne, I think they are battling for form at the moment. But it does show the sign of a good side who can win when they aren't firing. Therry by 3 goals.
Game of the round with Glen Eira and Ivanhoe. Most important game for both sides for a number of years. Even though Glen Eira are at home, I think Ivanhoe will get up. Lets hope its a cracker. 4 points.
Although Peninsular blew Westbourne away in round 1 in the first quarter, I expect Westbourne to fight back at their disgustingly windy ground. But will prob fall a little shirt. Peninsula by 4 goals.

Thoughts?

I though Paul Hudson from Westborne could of scraped in there ??

Hey Guys

Eltham to do it easy at home they are a different side there - 66 points.

Banyule to continue there good form. 23 points.

Therry to big and strong by 45 points.

Ivanhoe in a sloppy game by 15 points.

Peninsula easy - wont get out of second gear 101 points.

Good luck all.

Akka, Couldnt you fit in any from Ivanhoe? Surely Collins has gotta get a mention. Perhaps a bit down from his brilliant form of last year but still alot better than a few mentioned. Spitty from OP's?!? You have to be joking.

Too many other forwards in front of Collins for mine Buddy, although he is still a very good player, his form this year hasn't been all that good.

Spitty impressed me when we played them, and I tried to get few players from every team in there. With the Hoes I think that they have always had an even spread of contributors, and not all that many standouts, especially this year, where injuries to key players has hurt them.

Tips this week:

Eltham v Yarra Valley. The likes of Crooks, Galvin, Hayden Dillon, and the home ground advantage should get Eltham over the line quite comfortably. Eltham by 55 points.

Old Paradians v Banyule. Having Boundy back always get Paradians up and going, but he won't be there this week, and I dont think Sage will either, which means Brabender will have to kick a few for them to win. I can't see it happenning. Banyule by 38 points.

Therry v Williamstown. Williamstown took care of us quite easily last week, but I think Therry have a good game plan, and also Corey Bannister. TP by 15 points.

Glen Eira v Ivanhoe. I agree with Game On in that GE will be very hard to beat in the second half of the season at home. Ivanhoe will need big contributions from Healy, Collins etc if they are to win this. I think GE will just get the chocolates though. GE by 3 points.

Old Westbourne v Peninsula. Form suggests only one outcome, as does ladder position, but that doesnt matter when you run onto the ground come saturday. The home ground advantage will definately benifit us IMO, and if we start well, I reckon we are a genuine shot. Everything will have to go right though. Heres hoping it does!! OW by 1 point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back