D2 D2 Section 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
well well well just happy to see this site alive again................i thought westbourne were good on sat and they are very big boys and bodies, surprised they havent beaten more sides and wont be surprised if they do......just saying there home ground is always very difficult conditions...................would it be like this every training night as well?

What a load of rubbish this is. I also hate playing in windy conditions but that's footy, you play in all sorts of conditions and the team that can deal with these differences usually comes out on top.

Surely those teams with better ground conditions have the luxury of training on these and hence have an advantage over the 'one or two' teams that don't when they come to visit these pristine grounds???? Interested in who you think these 'one or two' D2 sides are.......?

Settle down Eddie, they're not talking about us.

Everyone knows that the team that's been kept in games solely by their ground condition is Peninsula:p

Little bit of talk about Willy guys not posting, so I will fly the flag. I do not want to come across as patronizing, but Glen Eira put up a great effort on Saturday. They really came to play, and took it up to Cys all day, obviously bouyed by their win the previous week; I reckon they will trouble some teams in the run home, especially as they look to put some space between themselves and the drop zone. ] quote.
Was nice to see good football played that wasn't over-umpired. Just a good hard contest.

No need to get too worked up boys.. Was just saying that some grounds take the skill and fitness out of the game which is disappointing.. It happens in all leagues. Remember the Sydney Swans have been competitive over the last few years by closing down teams at the SCG even when they were not as good or as fit as other sides.. P.S I wasn't necessarily talking about senior teams.

Good to see the boys alight again! even if it amitting that they cannot adjust to gale force winds :p

Next point of call lads. How do we all see our 2's?

Our 2's at Westbourne are a bit up and down with form of late but are defineately a contender if they get in 4. Penninsulas seem to lack much depth in comparrison with thier 1's but still decent. TP also a big challenger.

Thoughts...

No need to get too worked up boys.. Was just saying that some grounds take the skill and fitness out of the game which is disappointing.. It happens in all leagues. Remember the Sydney Swans have been competitive over the last few years by closing down teams at the SCG even when they were not as good or as fit as other sides.. P.S I wasn't necessarily talking about senior teams.

What you need to realise is that there is more to football than just hitting a target on the run or kicking a goal. Different conditions suit different players.

You may play best on Sunny windless days, but others games are more suited to windy or wet conditions where skills such as winning clearances, tackling, accountability and putting your body on the line come in a lot more.

Our 2's at Westbourne are a bit up and down with form of late but are defineately a contender if they get in 4. Penninsulas seem to lack much depth in comparrison with thier 1's but still decent. TP also a big challenger.

Thoughts...

Our 2's at Willy are obviously flying, but there are a few blokes with heads the size of boarding-house puddings at present. I reckon a loss or two before the finals would do them the world of good.

Good to see the boys alight again! even if it amitting that they cannot adjust to gale force winds :p

Thoughts...

Although Willi are on top an they killed us last week. I think that Therry are the best reserves team in D2 and my tip to take out the finals.

Peninsula are hard to beat at home, so should make the finals. But expect them to be beaten in the Elim Final, by Banyule.

Parade and Westbourne to just miss the finals for mine.

Burgess (Willi) to win Leading goalkicker
Hanlon (TP) to win league B&F (If we had one)???

Tips for this week:

Williamstown v Eltham. Eltham were beaten at home last week, which doesn’t happen often. They will be absolutely ropable. Willy, however will be looking for payback from there loss to the archrivals first time round. I think revenge is on the cards. Willy by 40 points.

Old Paradians v Glen Eira. Glen Eira have bee very good of late, and it will be interesting to see how Old Paradians react after such a massive milestone in Brabenders 400th. It will be interesting to see how they perform without such motivation. I can smell an upset here. Glen Eira by 3 goals.

Ivanhoe v Old Westbourne. Big game, as they all are from here on in. Ivanhoe would love nothing better than to ruin whatever faint chance we have of finals football. We need to reproduce the efforts of the last few weeks. If we do that, I think we will win. I’m expecting a very hostile Hoes crowd, but I think we will get over the top. Charlie Hunter to star again. The warriors by 1 point.

Therry Penola v Peninsula. Match of the round. Therry would be hoping Bannister is fit for this one as he may have done a hammy last week. They will need him if they are to beat the ladder leaders. They weren’t great against us last week, and Peninsula were the week before, so I’ll go with them. Peninsula have too many options up forward. The pirates by 12 points.

Banyule v Yarra Valley. The news gets worse for YV: Banyule away. It doesn’t get much tougher than that. I think YV will get at least 1 more win this yea, but it won’t be here. Banyule by 65 points.

Yeh well harden up ain't the word, ask every footballer what conditions they hate the most and they will say wind everytime. Just saying its the worst ground in the ammos. And I do hope u beat all the other sides down there cause it ain't easy to win there what's so ever as u boys play ur home ground well.

Regardless of weather or ground conditions, no one likes going to Hoppers Crossing full-stop.

Although Willi are on top an they killed us last week. I think that Therry are the best reserves team in D2 and my tip to take out the finals.

Peninsula are hard to beat at home, so should make the finals. But expect them to be beaten in the Elim Final, by Banyule.

Parade and Westbourne to just miss the finals for mine.

Burgess (Willi) to win Leading goalkicker
Hanlon (TP) to win league B&F (If we had one)???

Is this the same Banyule team to make the finals that got beaten by OP's by 10 goals 2 weeks ago? You are joking aren't you?

Our 2's at Willy are obviously flying, but there are a few blokes with heads the size of boarding-house puddings at present. I reckon a loss or two before the finals would do them the world of good.

thats a shit thing to say about your own club on big footy gaso, have you tried to pull the culprits up about it, saying that it would be good to lose a couple is crap it gives the other sides in the comp a sniff.

Williamstown v Eltham.

Old Paradians v Glen Eira.

Ivanhoe v Old Westbourne.

Therry Penola v Peninsula.

Banyule v Yarra Valley.

Everyone knows in D2 that the willi 1s are great blokes but there club is let down by a bunch off cocky nuckle heads in there 2s. W*NKERS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

... who was bitching about ground condition correlating to team quality?
Look at Willy and The Fearon. What a dump! But who cares, because they play solid footy.

edit: perhaps too complicated for some

By the way, some clubs aren't responsible for their grounds.
Speaking of cultures, is this going to be the year that POBFC finally win a flag - after 30 years in the competition?

By the way, some clubs aren't responsible for their grounds.
Speaking of cultures, is this going to be the year that POBFC finally win a flag - after 30 years in the competition?

By default - by rorting the system they have an opportunity to have success. Should have been kept in D1 and started with a negative 20 point deficit than be rewarded with automatically being relegated - What is the saying - "Cheats never Propsper" - maybe in this case they will!!!

rorting the system? i didn't know a club could choose to be relegated. i doubt the peninsula boys are happy to be in d2, and the sooner they win a flag the sooner they're out of our division.

clubs aren't responsible for thier grounds? what? clubs don't play any role in choosing and maintaining a ground? Zzz

clubs aren't responsible for thier grounds? what? clubs don't play any role in choosing and maintaining a ground? Zzz

Many grounds are owned and controlled by councils and schools. The footy club is a sometimes-welcomed, sometimes-barely-tolerated tenant. The latter have very little say in what happens to the grounds - eg suicidally short mowing in March to suit the last couple of cricket games, and the grass dying or at least not recovering in time for the start of the footy season.

Happens all the time, don't get hung up on it.

rorting the system? i didn't know a club could choose to be relegated. i doubt the peninsula boys are happy to be in d2, and the sooner they win a flag the sooner they're out of our division.

Moron, Peninsula didn't finish bottom 2 in 08. They were put down a section due to being found guilty of paying a player I would say that is rorting the system.

thats a shit thing to say about your own club on big footy gaso, have you tried to pull the culprits up about it, saying that it would be good to lose a couple is crap it gives the other sides in the comp a sniff.

Just being honest, Sherlock. Won't go into detail here about who I have spoken to over the past couple of weeks, but I have been concerned by some of the talk...but it's drawing a long bow to suggest that one of my comments will be used by Willy opponents to fire them up.

... who was bitching about ground condition correlating to team quality?
Look at Willy and The Fearon. What a dump! But who cares, because they play solid footy.

edit: perhaps too complicated for some

Mate, I am offended by your slur...the Fearon is the MCG compared to some other ovals in the VAFA. I must admit, it hasn't been looking the best since the local council forced us to play elsewhere 3 years ago, and in the meantime planted the wrong type of grass !!

Good win to Glen Eira on the weekend. OP's snuffed out our chances of finals last year around this time of the season and it looks as though we have paid them back this year.

It looks as though the top 4 have cemented their spot in the finals. Cant see Westbourne, Eltham or Parade sneaking in.

What are other peoples thoughts?

Good win to Glen Eira on the weekend. OP's snuffed out our chances of finals last year around this time of the season and it looks as though we have paid them back this year.

It looks as though the top 4 have cemented their spot in the finals. Cant see Westbourne, Eltham or Parade sneaking in.

What are other peoples thoughts?

Unfortunately have to agree, my lads westbourne are going to feel the pain of another slow start as we are in good nic atm but realistically 3 games out because of our %. ATM would have to say penninsula are still favs for mine with Banyule anf TP very close behind and very able if their stars play good on the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back