D3 Ammos

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just thought I would make mention to all readers of this forum about the tragic injury sustained to a good mate of mine (and this forum) in Old Warrior during the weekend's match against UHS-VU.

He dislocated his shoulder playing the game of his life up forward, after kicking six goals and tripling his career tally!!

Here is hoping for a speedy recovery Platters and that should the Warriors make it, they can give you a fitting farewell to VAFA football (unless of course you can cut yourself loose of those apron strings and play another year in Club 18 with me and the boys!!)

I am sure all in this forum (even you McGlede) would echo these sentiments.

The Hunter said:
Can anyone shed any light on the rumour that Tony Boice has been filling in for UHS 2's?

Umpired the ressies on Saturday. Even paid a couple of free kicks against UH. I thought he retired from playing on a high after kicking three on a prominent OW identity a few years ago.

I think we all can Mr Flower, however I think that there was no need to use my name in that fashion.

Under no circumstances would I want to see a player of any club get injured. Amateur level it must be remembered that these players have jobs and football injuries can have a disastrous impact on the way they can perform their jobs.

For a scribe with 'ethics' Mr Flower, that's a poor jibe on your part.:thumbsdown:

mcglede said:
I think we all can Mr Flower, however I think that there was no need to use my name in that fashion.

Under no circumstances would I want to see a player of any club get injured. Amateur level it must be remembered that these players have jobs and football injuries can have a disastrous impact on the way they can perform their jobs.

For a scribe with 'ethics' Mr Flower, that's a poor jibe on your part.:thumbsdown:

For someone who has been constantly stirring the pot on here for the past 6 months, I think you of all people could be able to intepret a tounge-in-cheek comment McGlede.

As for the Boycey comment, nice one Pat. I seem to remember this prominant Warrior had also just had an all night bender after failing a Tax Exam and went straight from the pub to the ground as the team was short.

While on Tony, the guy has been pretty crook with heart problems so good to see him back on the paddock and now paying frees to opposition clubs as well!! Well done Boycey!!

Regardless, it was uneccessary to associate my name with that Mr Flower, and you know that.

I do not go around sticking pins in voodoo dolls and hope that players dislocate shoulers or break legs. I wish your injured player all the best in his recovery.

mcglede said:
Regardless, it was uneccessary to associate my name with that Mr Flower, and you know that.

I do not go around sticking pins in voodoo dolls and hope that players dislocate shoulers or break legs. I wish your injured player all the best in his recovery.

What are you on? Your posts make less sense than some of mine!

Who does everyone think will snag that fourth spot on the ladder?

Old Westbourne or West Brunswick?

Personally, I think both clubs will be making up the numbers anyway, as I think the grand finalists will come from South, Wicks and Bentleigh.

Thoughts?

Krusty said:
Who does everyone think will snag that fourth spot on the ladder?

Old Westbourne or West Brunswick?

Personally, I think both clubs will be making up the numbers anyway, as I think the grand finalists will come from South, Wicks and Bentleigh.

Thoughts?

I think your a tanker krusty

Mark Harvey said:
I think your a tanker krusty
fellas just wondering if there is any chance of talk of some footy here? or are your teams losing?...seem to have noticed that the boys from westbourne have gone extremly quiete on this forum, is that because they have finally figured out they are not much chop? and not as good as they think they are ? whats everyone thoughts of the match of the season this week...sth melb vs elsternwick?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

reilly said:
fellas just wondering if there is any chance of talk of some footy here? or are your teams losing?...seem to have noticed that the boys from westbourne have gone extremly quiete on this forum, is that because they have finally figured out they are not much chop? and not as good as they think they are ? whats everyone thoughts of the match of the season this week...sth melb vs elsternwick?

Wicks were pretty good on Sat with so many still missing, but South at home are a different story. Top 3 are set, minor flag to South, OW v WB in 2 weeks to decide 4th spot. OW have gone quiet as D3 is a certainty in 2007, maybe all this spruiking earlier in the season about a club on the way up was a bit premature...South and the Wicks travelling very well with no school feeder, crap facilities and sweet fa help from their respective councils...District Clubs surviving good for footy !!!
:cool:

reilly said:

a local stole their computers...

Not knowing much about D3 and the clubs involved I thought it was interesting that Elsterwick are second on the ladder and heading towards the finals but only had 15 players on the track last night. Is this the norm in D3, if not where were the rest of the team?

Fidel said:
Not knowing much about D3 and the clubs involved I thought it was interesting that Elsterwick are second on the ladder and heading towards the finals but only had 15 players on the track last night. Is this the norm in D3, if not where were the rest of the team?

would you train on their sh%thole?

Fidel said:

who knows maybe injuries perhaps? rumour has it that they have had no luck with injuries? not sure... not invovled with the club. must say shocking ground aswell. my tip is that they will knock off souths this week, as i have seen them last week knock off west brunswick in easy fashion, should really have been a 14-15 goal win if it wasnt for inacuracy.

FREDWA49 said:
OW have gone quiet as D3 is a certainty in 2007, maybe all this spruiking earlier in the season about a club on the way up was a bit premature...
:cool:

Not premature at all Fred - the club is still positioned in the heart of one of Melbourne's biggest growth areas, our juniors are still going strong and our facilities are still the best in D3 (and better than most of the other D grades for that matter).

Our fate lies in our own hands for the rest of the season as we play three out of the top five in the remaining games. In saying that though, we need to beat these teams in the finals to win the premiership so it will be a good test to see what we are this year, contenders or pretenders, as all but one side will be at seasons end.

On another note, now we're three quarters through the year does anyone have a tip on who they think is a chance for the comp B and F. After playing E'wick twice I could comfortably say that Mahoney #14 would have polled in both games. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Old Warrior said:
(and better than most of the other D grades for that matter).????
You are kidding me arent you? i think most of us could name plenty better not to mention the windtunnel that occasionally resembles a football field.

Ok you want me to name them
Peninsula(with their new facilities)
La Trobe
Old Carey(one of the best in the whole comp except when they have bad school clashes)
Ivanhoe
Powerhouse( if you include the function center-dont mind if you count out this one.)
Bulleen Temp(old but far more comfortable with better ground)

any other takers??
D3 i will give you ,but have not seen a few of these clubs for a while.

Old Warrior said:
Not premature at all Fred - the club is still positioned in the heart of one of Melbourne's biggest growth areas, our juniors are still going strong and our facilities are still the best in D3 (and better than most of the other D grades for that matter).

Our fate lies in our own hands for the rest of the season as we play three out of the top five in the remaining games. In saying that though, we need to beat these teams in the finals to win the premiership so it will be a good test to see what we are this year, contenders or pretenders, as all but one side will be at seasons end.

On another note, now we're three quarters through the year does anyone have a tip on who they think is a chance for the comp B and F. After playing E'wick twice I could comfortably say that Mahoney #14 would have polled in both games. Anyone else have any thoughts?

i'd agree ow have the best facilities.. but it looks a pretty ordinary venue to play at - the grounds in the middle of nothing.

I reckon Aquilina from Sths might win the league b&f

big_man said:
I reckon Aquilina from Sths might win the league b&f

Should go OK I reckon...also Souths ground has held up really well this year, easily has the best centre square area in the comp!

GoesBangFrom50 said:
MotorBike Rob said:
a local stole their computers...

So what is this comment supposed to mean or refer to?

I don't want to appear to be supporting the bikies assertion but I thought it was fairly clear he was implicating the locals of Westbourne in criminal enterprise, hence the OW boys being quiet on the forum.

iTap said:
Should go OK I reckon...also Souths ground has held up really well this year, easily has the best centre square area in the comp!

Certainly better than the concrete pitch at Monash, the Elsternwick farce, or the Kew bog. Boycey park seems to be in decent nick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back