D3 Ammos

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
mcglede said:
Unfortunately, Knackers thinks I have something against Old Westbourne.

...Yes Knackers, I tipped your club to win the Premiership...and I believe they still can....

If you tipped my club to win the premiership, you didn't tip Old Westbourne.

knackers_2 said:
... One of the top 5 has to miss out- at this stage I think it will be Westbourne...

I'm not much of a team player if I tip against my own side to make the finals, am I old gledey?

Try reading the words, comprehending them, and then commenting - in that order.

mcglede said:
What I don't like however is the two page homage to OW that we get in the Amateur Footballer every week. Simple.

You have got some serious mental issues McGlede, or should I say "Josh"?

berzerk22 said:
Totally agree Swooper would be leading he has been awesome all year, from Paul Chalmers for his early form and maybe Trav Edwards with his recent good run and Jucka Horsborough has been consistently good?

Is this the Paul Chalmers from Bacchus Marsh?

cheers to all the Kew boys who came upstairs after the game against South Melbourne for a beer, easily the best after-match turnout by an opposition club this season I reckon.

Good on ya fellers, best of luck to you.:thumbsu:

berzerk22 said:
Yes, formerly.

He's obviously playing some good footy going by previous posts, what possy does he play? played a bit of juniors with him and thought he was going to be a gun, didn't hear much of him once he moved on from the marsh

patty O'furnicha said:
He's obviously playing some good footy going by previous posts, what possy does he play? played a bit of juniors with him and thought he was going to be a gun, didn't hear much of him once he moved on from the marsh

after he left the marsh via the jets as well i think, he came and played two years of 19's at werribee. helped us clinch the premiership in division 2 as a full forward then in divison 1 he pretty much played anywhere we needed him. whether that be ruck, centre half forward or centre half back.

is lowering his colours by playing at westbourne. but coach fabrizio did very well to get such a talent down to truganina

berzerk22 said:
I think any of the current top 5 would by stiff to miss out. It's quite possible though that one of them will miss out with more than 10 wins.

"its possible one of the top 5 teams will finish out of the top 4", thanks for the wonderful insight zerk, where would we be with out you.......how many results are you tipping this week, 4 or 5?

patty O'furnicha said:

Yes Patty he is a gun. Although Westbourne have only got a few games out of him this year due to injury. But hopefully he will be back for our charge for finals.

He plays HF/midfield.

tha man said:
after he left the marsh via the jets as well i think, he came and played two years of 19's at werribee. helped us clinch the premiership in division 2 as a full forward then in divison 1 he pretty much played anywhere we needed him. whether that be ruck, centre half forward or centre half back.

is lowering his colours by playing at westbourne. but coach fabrizio did very well to get such a talent down to truganina

"Lowering his colours". Interesting comment. You are obviously a Werribee bogan still cut up by the fact he left your bogan club to play down the road at Westbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dave31 said:
"Lowering his colours". Interesting comment. You are obviously a Werribee bogan still cut up by the fact he left your bogan club to play down the road at Westbourne.

Don't forget where he started - it would be difficult for 'colours' to be much lower than the Marsh.

Johnny0nthespot said:
Gavone, You couldnt fit Lee Wells into the best side at the halfway mark?

It was a tough ask doing the side with 2 days notice from the VAFA. I normally take about 2 weeks doing the team of the year, consulting with clubs, coaches, readers etc. Then compile them based on my own opinions combined with the input.

The half year was therefore done hastily and on the matches I had seen this year plus the written reports received from clubs from time to time.

As such, a few were stiff to miss out. Lee was a bit stiff, but I guess in the end I skewed toward the top five teams. He will be there abouts at year end though, especially with the good form Monash are showing at the minute.

Just spoke to a few old teammates from the districts and they are stunned that still people are doubting if they are the real deal. I think 2 games clear on top they have answered those questions. they will win the flag.
also was reading a few posts and see that there is a theme stating that the districts are overweight. well if thats true how does it feel to be smashed by overweight footballers every week.

to the choccy mousse doing the team of the year last round. how could you put bill mcgee onball when he plays full forward.
further to the point how does little jack cronan not get in the team. 3rd on the goal kicking for the year and he is as big as a minute. still kicks goals with the above person mentioned giving him sprays each week.
big ding dong to win b & f

Bzzzzzt. Sorry Mr Flower but you are wide of the mark.

You've read my earlier post. Just call it right down the line will make you a much better writer, and I'll gladly post that you're doing a good job.

Good writing, but better luck next time you try to guess a name!! :D

Mark Harvey said:
"its possible one of the top 5 teams will finish out of the top 4", thanks for the wonderful insight zerk, where would we be with out you.......how many results are you tipping this week, 4 or 5?

Harvs you are mis-quoting me champ. My point was that one of the 5 would miss out WITH MORE THAN TEN WINS, not that one of them would miss out! Details buddy details!

Mate the quote you put in your comment isn't even mine????? :confused:

Give me a break!

dave31 said:
Hey guys,

Who would be leading their club's B&F at this stage of the year???

I would nominate Swooper Pavez from Westbourne. He has been the most consistent so far for the side.

yer dave think 'swoop' is a cert for the b&f, but think kris miller will also poll

really really well as kicked some big bags this year.and if gazanova can

reproduce the form he is showing off the field he will win the comp b&f.

knackers_2 said:
Don't forget where he started - it would be difficult for 'colours' to be much lower than the Marsh.

Ease off the Marsh testes. Any place named after a god of wine (some of you locals may refer to this substance as goon) has got to be a decent place to grow up.

saints said:
Just spoke to a few old teammates from the districts and they are stunned that still people are doubting if they are the real deal. I think 2 games clear on top they have answered those questions. they will win the flag.
also was reading a few posts and see that there is a theme stating that the districts are overweight. well if thats true how does it feel to be smashed by overweight footballers every week.

It hurts more when they land on you. Sounds like the boys from Albert Park are getting a bit ahead of themselves?

Red Gum said:
It hurts more when they land on you. Sounds like the boys from Albert Park are getting a bit ahead of themselves?[/quote]

(disclaimer) The views expressed by 'Saints' are his and his alone and are not endorsed,paid for or prompted by the South Melbourne Districts Football Club:D

Red Gum said:
It hurts more when they land on you. Sounds like the boys from Albert Park are getting a bit ahead of themselves?

To be honest, the Swans have been doing very well at flying under the radar at the minute. First time in years I have not jumped onto a bandwagon of a team two games clear. They run a good PR machine down there!!

And Saints, refer to my previous posting about the team of the half year. Was a nightmare mate. I had to whip it up in a little under a day for a task I normally spend two weeks talking to people about. Thought it was not too bad under the circumstances!!

And as for you McGlede, I look forward to your glowing praise on here Friday morning (or Monday depending when you read the AF).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back