You will regret you ever met the toughest team you've seen
Oh we're from turtle land
We're never beaten and the premierships our goal
And we never will quit
Until the cups in our grip
Oh we're from turtle

SHELLS ON OUR BACK

Oh we're from turtleland

No offence, but thats the worst song ive ever heard. Its almost like naming a footy team the "slugs" and singing "we are the slugs, the greatest team of all, we are the slugs, were always on the floor, we leave our trails, the way they should be left..." and so on.

Is this the worst theme song in the whole of the ammo's?

TURTLELAND - Sung to the tune of Tigerland

Oh we're from turtleland
A team of champions we're from turtleland
We're from the college and we wear the gold and green
We're fast, we're strong, we're mean
And we never will quit
Oh we're from turtle

SHELLS ON OUR BACK

Oh we're from turtleland

I can understand opposition teams not enjoying our song but I can assure you that it the most enjoyable song in the world after a big win.

Perhaps it's time for you and your petty, small little mind to find a new hobby

Oh we're from turtleland
And we never will quit
Oh we're from turtle

SHELLS ON OUR BACK

Oh we're from turtleland

I like the tune! Must admit the first time I heard them sing "Shells on our back" I had to laugh... but its not bad.

Oh we're from turtleland
And we never will quit
Oh we're from turtle

SHELLS ON OUR BACK

Oh we're from turtleland

That song certainly does suck. Which club was it that had jingle bells as their club song? I didnt mind that song. I'm always partial to a bit of mid year christmas cheer.

I can understand opposition teams not enjoying our song but I can assure you that it the most enjoyable song in the world after a big win.

Perhaps it's time for you and your petty, small little mind to find a new hobby

We are fast, strong and mean...
How can you be talking about a turtle?

Oh we are from Turtleland. HAHAHAHA
I cant get this stupid tune out of my head...

Won't be able to give my usual review this week as I've had a big weekend celebrating my win backing the West Brunswick two's against Bulleen Cobras to win by over 119.5pts (You can check the D4 thread for details). Final score of 138-0 in the wet really told a story. I've doubled up on the return game backing the Magpies -149.5pts. Let's hope for a dry day.

Anyway, well done to all the winners this week, especially Hawthorn & St John's who have skipped a game clear of the middle pack and are now looking good at 4-2. Special mention to the CY's who managed to get rid of a persistant Monash kicking 5 goals to 1 in the final quarter.

I'll be back in town early next week with a review of Round 7 and a Round 8 preview.

Dee Three, I'm leaving this forum in your capable hands, we need something special this week as I can't see anyone else stepping up.

has every1 od'd like this bloke at elsternwick?

img-syringe-man.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dee Three, I'm leaving this forum in your capable hands, we need something special this week as I can't see anyone else stepping up.

Geeze Rooster?! what's with the Dee three nut hugging? You hoping to get a mention in his reports or something.

No offence Dee Three, your reviews are okay but your jokes are about as strong as my biceps.

Head down to Lincraft big fella... get yourself some new material.

Eley Park Sharks have the Mickey Mouse tune as their theme song.

If you are good enough, you'll never have to hear any of these borrowed and edited tunes. Don't lose and you won't have to hear anyone else's but your own - and unless you have been beaten by Hawthorn or lost a grand final, you shouldn't have to hear the song sung out on the ground after a game.

Eley Park Sharks have the Mickey Mouse tune as their theme song.

If you are good enough, you'll never have to hear any of these borrowed and edited tunes. Don't lose and you won't have to hear anyone else's but your own - and unless you have been beaten by Hawthorn or lost a grand final, you shouldn't have to hear the song sung out on the ground after a game.

:D Stmarys did that 2 us in 06 when they took their winning tally to 1.. (level with us!)

:D Stmarys did that 2 us in 06 when they took their winning tally to 1.. (level with us!)

Is there anything wrong with singing the song on the ground if you win at home? Or is it just considered unsportsmanlike? Meanwhile, in the afl, the song is blared out a dozen times...

Is there anything wrong with singing the song on the ground if you win at home? Or is it just considered unsportsmanlike? Meanwhile, in the afl, the song is blared out a dozen times...

AFL song is for the spectators - singing on the ground is out at VAFA level unless you are St Marys or Hawthorn!

PS Nice gestures from a high numbered Turtle [can't say which player - odd number in the forties, greater than 44 but less than 46] after the recent win over us. Noted & remembered by all senior players that were not in hospital at the time!

hahahaha its the worst thing i've ever seen. hawthorn singing the song out on the ground last yr was just abominable...nothing says 'we're a happy team of f..kwits' as much as doing that does...

OK Gents,

All you guys want to do is sit and criticise someone who puts in an effort on here. I should tell you all where to go but I wont.

I didn't leave the couch on a cold and wet Saturday preferring to watch the Cats v Tigers game on TV in front of the heater! I think I made a good choice!

Monash failed in its biggest test for the season kicking only 3 goals in the rain against a very strong finishing Willy. Great to see that Willy is not a one man team with the goals (all 9 of them!) evenly shared around. Although little Craig Taylor snagged 3...

No way to goal for the Indians who might like it a little drier...

In the kangaroo poo at Eltham, the Bowls Clubs almost pulled off the upset of the season. After leading all day, the Veterans tired in the last quarter on the big ground and failed the test by 3 points. The Schoolies were shocked into action by a 3/4 time blast from their supercoach and rallied to scrape home.

As predicted, the Hacks smashed Latrobe easily winning by 9 goals. Not much to report here except the Hacks liking of the small Latrobe oval.

The Lakers smashed the Pigs by 10 goals in the wet at Albert Park. The Pigs kicked 1 goals in the first quarter and then only 2 points for the rest of the game! Eddo booted 4 but this was a one sided affair. The Pigs have hit a new low.

And as predicted, the Zoo Keepers were scared out of their wits when faced with the St Johns boys at home on a cold wet afternoon in a physical encounter.

My spies tell me that the Zoo Boys lost their nerve during a bruising and physical second and third quarters and the results showed with the St Johns team winning easily. Back to the drawing board for Boyce's Boys.

If only St Johns could win away from home...

...and by the way Waferknuckles...I am not Steven Clarke...please don't insult me!

Keep up the good work Dee. Enjoy reading your summaries! If people don't like them, quote the great Darryl Kerrigan..."tell 'em to get stuffed!"

How's the full-back from Eltham going? Did a good job on Lee, then got towelled up by Edo (10?).

OK Gents,

My spies tell me that the Zoo Boys lost their nerve during a bruising and physical second and third quarters and the results showed with the St Johns team winning easily. Back to the drawing board for Boyce's Boys.

If only St Johns could win away from home...

I think they are spoilt with that lovely patch of carpet they call grass. Maybe they forgotten how to play on real ovals?

Hey guys long time reader first time poster, just wondering your thoughts on the new recruit of timmy stephens to Uni High? i had the chance to see him play a couple of weekends ago against Eltham and although he maybe small in stature i was rather impressed with his speed and agility whilst having the ability to find the footy.. will he be playing a major role in the success of uni high this season or will his talent continue to waste away in the magoos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back