D3 D3 Section 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How's the full-back from Eltham going? Did a good job on Lee, then got towelled up by Edo (10?).

He did do a good job on Lee, HBF. The thing for full-backs is...a lot depends on how your midfielders are going up the ground.
Wells did the job on D Lee on Saturday, but I doubt even John Coleman would have kicked a bag in those conditions. Definitely not suited to kicking multiple goals. As pointed out by DeeThree, it was really a day for the smaller players.

Hey guys long time reader first time poster, just wondering your thoughts on the new recruit of timmy stephens to Uni High? i had the chance to see him play a couple of weekends ago against Eltham and although he maybe small in stature i was rather impressed with his speed and agility whilst having the ability to find the footy.. will he be playing a major role in the success of uni high this season or will his talent continue to waste away in the magoos?

from what i have heard hasnt had too much influence as yet within the club but has the potential to eventually play 1s but who knows what the uhs coaches are thinking

Hey guys long time reader first time poster, just wondering your thoughts on the new recruit of timmy stephens to Uni High? i had the chance to see him play a couple of weekends ago against Eltham and although he maybe small in stature i was rather impressed with his speed and agility whilst having the ability to find the footy.. will he be playing a major role in the success of uni high this season or will his talent continue to waste away in the magoos?

You are rite he does have the frame of a 6 year old girl but that game he did find the pill abit. Missed out on the st johns game. but he should be back next week to give powerhouse the sadness

no idea timmy, why don't u tell us what kind of role u think u should be playing...

from what i have heard hasnt had too much influence as yet within the club but has the potential to eventually play 1s but who knows what the uhs coaches are thinking

Or who knows what a certain "little" player is planning for this Timmy Stephens... he may be planning to injure him just enough so he cant take his spot b4 each game and slither in to the team as 1st emergency...

A very interesting read on the williamstown website on there match review against Monash.

(to the opposition supporters asking where Dave Lee was – after he took a mark and goaled in the final quarter) – “that’s Shaved Dave Leeeeeeeeeeeeee” … we also said it the another three times as Dave started running hot

It was Ice that asked them what number David Lee was? why not? He hadent troubled the statistician at this stage, and it was mid way through the 3rd quarter. Not sure where he was running hot as quoted on the website? I guess he may have knicked into the showers at half time to warm up. Come on guys he kicked 1.1 from about 4-5 touches. and was convincingly beaten by Lee Wells

Feel free to ask Ice if you need any more material for your website?

iceberg....your comments are correct,wells did have the upper hand on lee on saturday.he even admits being beaten by a better opponent on the day.but he is an unselfish player,and didnt make any excuses,even commenting on how hard wells is to beat.but as stated before,willy have more than one player to win games, as shown against you blokes.maybe if monash didnt concentrate on just one player,they may have had a better chance of winning.at the end of the day,lee doesnt care how many goals he kicks,as long as willy win.im sure wells would have enjoyed winning more than just beating his opponent.so keep going on about how good wells is......willy have had the last laugh and will continue to do so,especially against lesser opposition like yourselves.

"Monash failed in its biggest test for the season kicking only 3 goals in the rain against a very strong finishing Willy. Great to see that Willy is not a one man team with the goals (all 9 of them!) evenly shared around. Although little Craig Taylor snagged 3..."

Interesting comments again Dee Three, there are many who appreciate your fine work in the weekly wrap.
Given the conditions faced by all teams on the weekend does the score line acuratly represent the game at Monash, were Monash ever really in the game or did the wet help to blur the results? Was Dave Lee returning from a spell and was he fully fit and who is this "little Craig Taylor"?

iceberg....your comments are correct,wells did have the upper hand on lee on saturday.he even admits being beaten by a better opponent on the day.but he is an unselfish player,and didnt make any excuses,even commenting on how hard wells is to beat.but as stated before,willy have more than one player to win games, as shown against you blokes.maybe if monash didnt concentrate on just one player,they may have had a better chance of winning.at the end of the day,lee doesnt care how many goals he kicks,as long as willy win.im sure wells would have enjoyed winning more than just beating his opponent.so keep going on about how good wells is......willy have had the last laugh and will continue to do so,especially against lesser opposition like yourselves.

No player in the VAFA wants to win more than Lee Wells and he would no doubt trade in any performance for a win. Monash certainly didnt concentrate purely on Lee, we have pretty good knowledge regards the Williamstown team and know all about the Hynes brothers, McGuiness and Co. And my post was designed to start a banter over D.Lee and Wells.

I was more dissapointed with the wrap up from you guys reagrds the game. Whilst im sure the wrap is in done in tongue and cheek, Willy do need to realise that other clubs/teams do read their website, and being disrespective towards the other clubs is not the way to go about things.

No player in the VAFA wants to win more than Lee Wells and he would no doubt trade in any performance for a win. Monash certainly didnt concentrate purely on Lee, we have pretty good knowledge regards the Williamstown team and know all about the Hynes brothers, McGuiness and Co. And my post was designed to start a banter over D.Lee and Wells.

I was more dissapointed with the wrap up from you guys reagrds the game. Whilst im sure the wrap is in done in tongue and cheek, Willy do need to realise that other clubs/teams do read their website, and being disrespective towards the other clubs is not the way to go about things.

It's our website and we'll write what we like. Of course some of it is tongue in cheek, but that's what makes it so funny. Obviously you don't get it because you don't come from the club, but us players look forward to reading it everything week. The Peanut Gallery is held in very high praise, and they do a top job each week supporting the boys. If you don't like it stay off our site...problem solved :D

great to see the quality is being noticed down at brens. im not sure if timmy the cat is ready for the ones yet, one good game doesnt warrant too much fuss. just leave him in the 2s where if he gets bumped by people like #52 from eltham, he wont combust. my tip as a first time poster is the guy from uhs with the gold boots, somehow goes unnoticed with those slippers!!!
my tip this week is to see the back pocket for uni bob up for a couple of sausage rolls, really showed his class at training on tuesday:thumbsu:

Or who knows what a certain "little" player is planning for this Timmy Stephens... he may be planning to injure him just enough so he cant take his spot b4 each game and slither in to the team as 1st emergency...

yeah you have to watch out for those sort of people but those "little" people generally target those in the same position

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's our website and we'll write what we like. Of course some of it is tongue in cheek, but that's what makes it so funny. Obviously you don't get it because you don't come from the club, but us players look forward to reading it everything week. The Peanut Gallery is held in very high praise, and they do a top job each week supporting the boys. If you don't like it stay off our site...problem solved :D

it certainly is well within ur rights and having just checked out 'the peanut gallery' just now i must commend u guys on ur wit and cleverly constructed weekly reports. The ridiculous levels of self love do nothing if not paint ur entire club as a very close cousin of fellow d3 side hawthorn, and all thats probably left to do is start singing the song out on the ground, and u may even surpass them.
in this grade of football there is nothing better than gracious winners, and if u guys are going to go on about how teams shouldn't focus on lee, maybe his name shouldn't appear on every 2nd line of 'the peanut gallery' (even the name reeks of genius...:eek::thumbsdown:)

great to see the quality is being noticed down at brens. im not sure if timmy the cat is ready for the ones yet, one good game doesnt warrant too much fuss. just leave him in the 2s where if he gets bumped by people like #52 from eltham, he wont combust. my tip as a first time poster is the guy from uhs with the gold boots, somehow goes unnoticed with those slippers!!!
my tip this week is to see the back pocket for uni bob up for a couple of sausage rolls, really showed his class at training on tuesday:thumbsu:

Its a shame that back pocket kicks like a lame mule with a gympie leg (similar to the arms of a trex) or he may actually have a shot at making the distance to goal from outside a 20meter arc.. that is if he can manage running down to the forward line without coughing up a lung..

U will notice the bloke in orange boots when ur junk starts itching and u wonder where that nasty rash came from..

it certainly is well within ur rights and having just checked out 'the peanut gallery' just now i must commend u guys on ur wit and cleverly constructed weekly reports. The ridiculous levels of self love do nothing if not paint ur entire club as a very close cousin of fellow d3 side hawthorn, and all thats probably left to do is start singing the song out on the ground, and u may even surpass them.
in this grade of football there is nothing better than gracious winners, and if u guys are going to go on about how teams shouldn't focus on lee, maybe his name shouldn't appear on every 2nd line of 'the peanut gallery' (even the name reeks of genius...:eek::thumbsdown:)

Nikkos 2cents: Team websites are made for the club and its supporters. whatever they post on them is their own business, if a club cant post comments or stories in jest, even if they are full of self love and gay arsss s3x (im not saying they r willie, so dont take offence, i have not read them, therfor i am impartial) then whats the point of having it. As long as they are respectful on match day (shake hands, etc, not turn to the opposition bench like a pack of f*ckwits and pump their fists at them cos they won, i wont name the club that did that 2 weeks ago, but ill tell u it rhymes with smeltham).

im deethree, thats my take

Nikkos 2cents: Team websites are made for the club and its supporters. whatever they post on them is their own business, if a club cant post comments or stories in jest, even if they are full of self love and gay arsss s3x (im not saying they r willie, so dont take offence, i have not read them, therfor i am impartial) then whats the point of having it. As long as they are respectful on match day (shake hands, etc, not turn to the opposition bench like a pack of f*ckwits and pump their fists at them cos they won, i wont name the club that did that 2 weeks ago, but ill tell u it rhymes with smeltham).

So you are both Niko Teen and Dee Three?

Couldn't agree more. Don't think Willy have ever been disrespectful of our opposition. And i'm sure Iceberg can confirm this becasue we had more supporters in their clubrooms after the game then they did. We all enjoy our footy and i'd challenge anyone to say we're a disrespectful team.

Couldn't agree more. Don't think Willy have ever been disrespectful of our opposition. And i'm sure Iceberg can confirm this becasue we had more supporters in their clubrooms after the game then they did. We all enjoy our footy and i'd challenge anyone to say we're a disrespectful team.

I just reckon we cant be so quick to be defensive, although i can understand standing up 4 ur club i mean thats why we play at our club in the ammos, cos we like it, not cos we get paid. still though, a sly comment which may be funny to the victor, would prob feel like a kick in the ribs 2 the defeted side.. F*ck im bored, i cant believe i get paid to be on bigfooty all day.

I just reckon we cant be so quick to be defensive, although i can understand standing up 4 ur club i mean thats why we play at our club in the ammos, cos we like it, not cos we get paid. still though, a sly comment which may be funny to the victor, would prob feel like a kick in the ribs 2 the defeted side.. F*ck im bored, i cant believe i get paid to be on bigfooty all day.

Give us your 'third of the way' season report. Something to think about at work. How's the club travelling and what the future look like?

Give us your 'third of the way' season report. Something to think about at work. How's the club travelling and what the future look like?

You know what, i cant really say. Obviously we're looking to better the winratio, and every1 is working hard on the track. A little unlucky to not be 3-3, but theres no point making excuses, past is past and the only way is forward. Personally, im just happy to be playing with the blokes and the club where i am.

Game against willy was a hard bruising encounter for 3 qtrs on sat. The game was played in great spirits (bar a couple of spot fires) in adverse conditions i`m sure we all endured on saturday. Personally i would love to have the level of support from the sidelines the Peanut mob provided, it was well and truly heard from the field. At this stage willy are a class above.

Wafer 08

Game against willy was a hard bruising encounter for 3 qtrs on sat. The game was played in great spirits (bar a couple of spot fires) in adverse conditions i`m sure we all endured on saturday. Personally i would love to have the level of support from the sidelines the Peanut mob provided, it was well and truly heard from the field. At this stage willy are a class above.

Wafer 08

so what would u say their achilles heel be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back