D3 Section Ammos 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they got about 18 back ETE !!! - any update Dave?

Don't really think it will matter who playes in what game for Kew - their first 4 points ( ones ) for the year by 5.00pm Saturday !!:eek:

P.S. Oldtimer and OMR to share a fluffy duck after the game and discuss how to go into damage control when playing OW and the Wicks !!

Ok, the silence is deafening Dave. Hence, I've been convinced and am now officially jumping on the Ivanhoe Bandwagon.

So I'd like to change my tip on that game, no longer a draw...Ivanhoe by 23 points.

Those who want to join me, in joining Dave and OMR, do so quickly. Never again will I tip against them, I'm a believer:D

Well i was chatting to one of the Westbourne boys after the game and he said that Swinburne should have beaten them last year but they kicked the last 3 goals of the game to win by a couple of points.

He said that Swinburne match up well on a small ground with some hard bodies in the middle. From what he was saying I reckon he was alluding to Westbourne being soft at the contest. The may reason they beat Ivanhoe was because the ground was so big.

So Im still sticking with Westbourne, but I reckon Swinburne will give them a nudge.

And there are 5 to come back into the Ivanhoe line up - and all key players for us. So we will be a much better unit. And the coach has got us all pumped up this week, so very confident.

So Im still sticking with Westbourne, but I reckon Swinburne will give them a nudge.

Lot of talk about the Swines being better at home, and I tend to agree. OW like the space and the softer style of footy it can provide.
Unfortunately this won't be enough for them to win, but I reckon it will be closer than 6 goals

Ivanhoe over Kew by 16
La trobe over Monash by 44pts
Elsternwick over Westies by 8pts
Powerhouse over Hawthorn by 24pts
Old Westbourne over Swinny by 72pts

And there are 5 to come back into the Ivanhoe line up - and all key players for us. So we will be a much better unit. And the coach has got us all pumped up this week, so very confident.[/quote]

Dave - seriously? 5 keys back this round. You at full strength now or will we have another host of excuses ( sorry reasons ) for another poor showing next weeK?

Placing a bit of pressure on your team - after a thumping at the hands of a mighty OW unit last week.

Good luck Dave! ( you do sound a little like OMR though ....? ):eek:

worst forum on the net this one.

You lot have once again, turned this into a sladging forum.

OW are soft.

Wicks will win it.

Swinny by 13 points

OW are soft.

Wicks will win it.

Swinny by 13 points

Glad you raised the level by not sledging anyone Tiger (re. OW).

Anyone doing any work late Friday arvo???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OW are soft.

Wicks will win it.

Swinny by 13 points

You're right. We wouldn't want anyone here sladging. I hate sladgers! It's almost enough to make me sladge off at OW and to sladge off at the whole forum!

OW are soft.

Wicks will win it.

Swinny by 13 points

i wouldnt call Westbourne soft this year. The recruits have added much needed toughness and cant see anyone getting within 5 goals of the mighty warriors as they progress up to the next section in the amateur ranks. beat two good Central Highlands sides for hardness at the ball in preseason games and thats what most 2nd division country sides are good at.

Tige - if you dont like then dont read it.

Anyone give me a price of the two "super teams" (OW and Wicks) both getting rolled this week? Swinnie hard to beat at home and WB on the rebound.

Good luck to all.

i wouldnt call Westbourne soft this year. The recruits have added much needed toughness and cant see anyone getting within 5 goals of the mighty warriors as they progress up to the next section in the amateur ranks. beat two good Central Highlands sides for hardness at the ball in preseason games and thats what most 2nd division country sides are good at.

Do we actually thing that 'soft' exists for a WHOLE CLUB in this game? I would say you get the odd 'outside player' ....but a whole club soft?

I doubt OW or anyone else in the comp could be called soft as a generic statement. This game throws up opportunities to go at the football, to have a real dip at it and put your head over it and body on the line. Some blokes take this on more than others, yes .....but to call a whole club soft, or to even call a whole comp soft is in my humble opinion a load of rubbish.

Good luck to all this weekend ..... even OMR.

mate, have a listen to you. pull your head in please! wait till they play elsternwick, they seem to have recruited well and look like a strong outfit this year. its the same thing every year all the hype about old westbourne and it all comes from within their own club. ever thought that the whole lot of you may be very Delusional out there in that lovely suburb of truganina?

any one know any results

Westbourne by 100pts
WB by plenty (obviously Elsternwicks quest for afl promotion has suffered a set back)
Hawks by heaps (makes Elsternwick look good now - doesn't it Gracey!!!)
Monash by a forfeit - still don't know how that can happen
Kew by a few
Only 3 sides undefeated and 2 of those clubs people thought would be relegated.

Westbourne by 100pts
WB by plenty (obviously Elsternwicks quest for afl promotion has suffered a set back)
Hawks by heaps (makes Elsternwick look good now - doesn't it Gracey!!!)
Monash by a forfeit - still don't know how that can happen
Kew by a few
Only 3 sides undefeated and 2 of those clubs people thought would be relegated.

Monash lost by about 10 points after coming back from 30+ points down at 3QTR time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back