D3 Section Ammos 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gone - not yet. Trouble - at the moment.
Swinburne played well and deserved their win.
Yes we did have 4 guys go to hospital, we did play with 17 from the 10 min mark of the third and yes we did finish with 15 on the ground in the last.
Injuries are not an excuse and Swinburne had Higgins out, they were the better side on the day. We have plenty of numbers to field 3 teams on the weekend as our clubbies played with 24 last week, we lack a bit of quality but it is the perfect opportunity for some of the reseve players to take the step up. Monash have been in the same boat with injuries as I'm sure a lot of other clubs have been already.
Would prefer if injuries happened over a longer period of time but as they say luck plays a big part in footy.
They'll start calling on you old timer to play again....

Monash have been in the same boat with injuries as I'm sure a lot of other clubs have been already.
Would prefer if injuries happened over a longer period of time but as they say luck plays a big part in footy.
Any chance we can throw some bad luck down OW way?
Gonna be a battle of the walking wounded this Sat Old Timer. Very little depth down Monash way. Especially since the reitrement of Still, Hetherington and Parker. But by the sounds of it could be a close one. Is Horne gonna play?
Make sure your boys stay behind for a beer. We'll show re runs of a 2003 Monash v Kew ressies game.

I think you've got a crush on me as well as Edwards! :eek:

You'll find out next year when your boys go up to D2 and OP come down to D2, I'll check with my guru next week.

So are you driving Swinney's bandwagon or me??

You are the GURU - first you get Ivanhoe going and now Swinney !! Nice work Eddie !!

Gonna be a battle of the walking wounded this Sat Old Timer. Very little depth down Monash way. Especially since the reitrement of Still, Hetherington and Parker. But by the sounds of it could be a close one. Is Horne gonna play?
Make sure your boys stay behind for a beer. We'll show re runs of a 2003 Monash v Kew ressies game.

OW have plenty of injury worries of their own don't worry about that. Just seem to have the depth to cover it at the moment. Would think about 6 still to make their way back in over the next 3 to 4 weeks.

As for the weekend. Was very impressed with Monash on saturday. By far the toughest team OW have faced thus far. Last quarter blow out doesn't show how close the game actually was. 13 points at 3/4 time!

OW have plenty of injury worries of their own don't worry about that. Just seem to have the depth to cover it at the moment. Would think about 6 still to make their way back in over the next 3 to 4 weeks.

As for the weekend. Was very impressed with Monash on saturday. By far the toughest team OW have faced thus far. Last quarter blow out doesn't show how close the game actually was. 13 points at 3/4 time!

I thought Monash were very disappointing in the second half but that may be because of OW stepping up a gear and inexperience. Still, it was a good effort given the injuries and lack of size. Monash will get it together by the end of the season. OW will simply dominate.

.........oh and I forgot to mention ......did 'the House' get up? They are coming good Eddie, more rain will help and as other clubs look to be losing players - they will have some good ones return.:cool:

Yes, your boys at the House did well Chimp, even though you weren't there to cheer them (and most importantly, Edwards) on. So how did OMR perform at the Ivanhoe v Elsternwick game?

Still haven't heard much about Hawthorn, 4-0, surely someone can tell us about them?? Under the radar?? Are they that good or haven't had a tough match yet??

Saw the Hawks beat the Trobers on Saturday easily. Trobers were crap and were goalles untill halftime and had only 1 goal at 3/4 time.

Shocking, no...embarassing!

Hawks strong running committed unit. Lauletta plays all over the ground and has a free run but they play their other talls forward and some good flankers create some havock in the front half. Tough hard running defence.

Trobers = gone. They were a rabble.

They have got to travel to the "House" this weekend which will really test them. I don't think they have got anybody to lift them.

What's going on down at Elsternwick? Have the wheels fallen off for this pre-season flag favourite? I notice Scott Grace is fronting the tribunal tonight. Will be a big loss if he is rubbed out for the Old Westbourne game.

Reilly, can you fill us in with what's happening?

It was a very good effort by Monash vs OW in trying conditions, the game was evenly poised at HT, class got OW over the line, but the final margin was to flattering to OW. Monash seemingly got through the game without adding to a high injury toll.

I was impressed by the turnout of Monash’s players after the game and the General atmosphere provided by the OW boys.

Well done to both teams

Yes, your boys at the House did well Chimp, even though you weren't there to cheer them (and most importantly, Edwards) on. So how did OMR perform at the Ivanhoe v Elsternwick game?

Still haven't heard much about Hawthorn, 4-0, surely someone can tell us about them?? Under the radar?? Are they that good or haven't had a tough match yet??

ETE - the House can play alright and will get better me thinks.

OMR - not sure how he played - maybe he could fill us in on the game form his point of view.

I note that Elsternwick ( according to their website ) don't rate the Hoes too much and are suggesting injuries and poor shooting for goal were the reasons for the loss and not the play of Ivanhoe. Both teams had injuries -and looked to have no bench by about 3/4 time. S.Grace will be a big loss should he get suspended.....I did not see it!!

Hawks - think they must go alright and will be back home to an injured Ivanhoe team. 5-0 for the Hawks by 5.00pm this saturday I would think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Make sure your boys stay behind for a beer. We'll show re runs of a 2006 Monash v Kew ressies game.
3 players don't make up a side Johnny. I think the lack of depth is the problem at the ghryphs.
Monash need the big fella Leeton to stand up and stop being soft. He goes to his knees quicker than a $2 h**ker!!
If he stands up and kicks the goals, Monash are a far better side.

ETE - the House can play alright and will get better me thinks.

OMR - not sure how he played - maybe he could fill us in on the game form his point of view.

I note that Elsternwick ( according to their website ) don't rate the Hoes too much and are suggesting injuries and poor shooting for goal were the reasons for the loss and not the play of Ivanhoe. Both teams had injuries -and looked to have no bench by about 3/4 time. S.Grace will be a big loss should he get suspended.....I did not see it!!

Hawks - think they must go alright and will be back home to an injured Ivanhoe team. 5-0 for the Hawks by 5.00pm this saturday I would think.

Chump,

Just reading the match report, do you think the bloke with blisters will be out for long? Nasty injury that.

This match report thing gets funnier by the week.

3 players don't make up a side Johnny. I think the lack of depth is the problem at the ghryphs.
Monash need the big fella Leeton to stand up and stop being soft. He goes to his knees quicker than a $2 h**ker!!
If he stands up and kicks the goals, Monash are a far better side.

Agree Broman, Leets is important but is too easily disctracted by opposition players. However I dont think the big fella is playing this week. He's strained a heart muscle or an ankle. Not sure which.
But Im starting to warm to Monash this weekend to beat Witchell's boys by 30+. Kew's reserves on the other hand could win by 100.

Chump,

Just reading the match report, do you think the bloke with blisters will be out for long? Nasty injury that.

This match report thing gets funnier by the week.

Hi LD - yeah to place a loss down to blisters and a broken nose makes for interesting reading. Oh well what ever helps people sleep at night.

Agree Broman, Leets is important but is too easily disctracted by opposition players. However I dont think the big fella is playing this week. He's strained a heart muscle or an ankle. Not sure which.
But Im starting to warm to Monash this weekend to beat Witchell's boys by 30+. Kew's reserves on the other hand could win by 100.

I have always thought that the big flella "Richo" was best suited in teh ruck, any chance he will play there this season?

Just noticed that P Rawley kicked four for the hoes and got BOG on the weekend. What is that old man still doing running around?

I have always thought that the big flella "Richo" was best suited in teh ruck, any chance he will play there this season?
if he learned to jump in a contest rather than wrestle players he would be the best ruckman going in D3.
a wasted talent.....one good game 10 bad ones....

Just noticed that P Rawley kicked four for the hoes and got BOG on the weekend. What is that old man still doing running around?

Kicked 4, fair effort to still be going. That must be how the Elsternwick player got his blisters.

Can anyone report on the quality of umpiring in the 2's between Ivanhoe & Elsternwick? Apparently it is this reason the hoes got over the line.

Kicked 4, fair effort to still be going. That must be how the Elsternwick player got his blisters.

Can anyone report on the quality of umpiring in the 2's between Ivanhoe & Elsternwick? Apparently it is this reason the hoes got over the line.

Alan is a good umpire and wouldn't have been the reason for the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back