D3 Section Ammos 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree - very Christian of you to turn the other cheek. This is far too serious for it to be dealt with in-house - the VAFA MUST do something to protect its reputation which is beginning to suffer.

That said, the challenge is out there: Elsternwick - do you have the courage to suspend him and show that your club won't stand for that behaviour? An attack of that severity would warrant a serious suspension - will the club be bold enough to do it? I notice none of their players are on here trying to defend him either...

And the last time your club gave an in-house suspension to a player for an on the field incident not picked-up by the umpires was when?

What is a trainer doing getting involved in a fight between players.....

Even to break up a fight no officials should get involved between players including trainers coaches waterboys and umpires
The trainer was trying to pry losse the chokehold the Kew player had on the Elsternwick player so he was able to get some air into his lungs. He had turned a lighter shade of pale by that stage.
Agree that officials shouldn't get involved but that's hardly the issue here.

It took about 5-10 minutes for the Wicks ruckman to get his breath back. What started as a small bump quickly escalated into a windpipe throttle that could have got worse if it hadn't of stopped when it did.

The ball was at the other end of the ground and with only one umpire officiating, it was understandable how the umpire didn't see the original incident.

(And for the record, I am an ordinary Elsternwick Reserves player, am good mates with the ruckman in question, was sitting on the bench at the time of the incident, and the account is a combination of what I saw and what the ruckman told me.)

And the last time your club gave an in-house suspension to a player for an on the field incident not picked-up by the umpires was when?
How's the weather up there on your high horse Lucky 7?
Seems as though you are the instigator on this forum, first trying to defend the ***** poor Hawthorn ressies umpire and now flinging mud at all and sundry in relation to the incident that occured on Saturday.
Were you actually there to witness what has gone on or jumping on the bandwagon of another post, trying to have a crack because you weren't hugged enough as a child? :confused:

Ok ladies, lets stop all this bitching.

Wheels, stop throwing cheapies. and after all hes not the biggest man on the field, if hes throwing them, just give him a good one back and it will all be settled????

Lets get back to footy and stop writting each other off. Its no good for the clubs in question and its no good for D3 footy. If you have complaints, do something about it, eg call elsternwick, call VAFA??? or get on with it.

Now on with the footy, we are 2 rounds out and its game on.

Great win by the hawks on saturday, although very lippy, rubbing it in, and trying to get the west boys off by doing so. Will be a great game next time.

Peoples thoughts on how others are going.

Going to be good finals series

The trainer was trying to pry losse the chokehold the Kew player had on the Elsternwick player so he was able to get some air into his lungs. He had turned a lighter shade of pale by that stage.
Agree that officials shouldn't get involved but that's hardly the issue here.

Bad luck to the ruckman he deserved what he got, took a cheap shot from behind then couldn't handle having a much smaller man take him on, if u give out a cheap shot sometimes you might get what is coming to you.

As for the dirty 300 gamer he will get what is coming to him someday, a dirty act that just isn't called for.

Great win by the hawks on saturday, although very lippy, rubbing it in, and trying to get the west boys off by doing so. Will be a great game next time.

Going to be good finals series[/quote]

Nice Work Western !!!

Nice Work Western !!![/quote]

How about the Gryph's win? Surely throws a spanner in the works as to who is demoted??

Bad luck to the ruckman he deserved what he got, took a cheap shot from behind then couldn't handle having a much smaller man take him on, if u give out a cheap shot sometimes you might get what is coming to you.

As for the dirty 300 gamer he will get what is coming to him someday, a dirty act that just isn't called for.

He deserved what he got...?

If the Elsternwick 2nds player did what you said he did, then that's low, but after such a post, let me assure you - you are no better a man.

Certainly does open the finals up for Hawthorn, Ivanhoe, Latrobe if against Old West now knowing there not unbeatable.

Why wouldn't the Hawks be lippy, excellant win and may have a real advantage given the right conditions with 3 or 4 very good 6ft4 plus talls.

1 all leading into the semi, back to Old West to respond.

Certainly does open the finals up for Hawthorn, Ivanhoe, Latrobe if against Old West now knowing there not unbeatable.

Why wouldn't the Hawks be lippy, excellant win and may have a real advantage given the right conditions with 3 or 4 very good 6ft4 plus talls.

1 all leading into the semi, back to Old West to respond.

Agree Mudflap that the Hawks talls will provide a key advantage - should conditions suit. They are a serious chance as it was a good win for then without D. Lualetta who was unavailable.

OW - still the ones for mind - the two Connors boys and Lever up back were very big 'outs' for them as they give some real class and experience around the ground.

The Students - have great pace and run in a young team. Top class height could be a factor against should they have to shut down the two aboves big forwards. It would mean Disco would play up back - robbing them of another option up forwad to help Ludes and their mid-field. A sunny day and fast track would suit.

The Hoes - the next two weeks are about getting key players back I would think. If they can get them all back - then they could surprise. They are tough and will enjoy the extra 'grunt' that comes with finals. I still rate them only the fourth best in it and think the above will prevail.

Anyone else?

Agree Mudflap that the Hawks talls will provide a key advantage - should conditions suit. They are a serious chance as it was a good win for then without D. Lualetta who was unavailable.

OW - still the ones for mind - the two Connors boys and Lever up back were very big 'outs' for them as they give some real class and experience around the ground.

The Students - have great pace and run in a young team. Top class height could be a factor against should they have to shut down the two aboves big forwards. It would mean Disco would play up back - robbing them of another option up forwad to help Ludes and their mid-field. A sunny day and fast track would suit.

The Hoes - the next two weeks are about getting key players back I would think. If they can get them all back - then they could surprise. They are tough and will enjoy the extra 'grunt' that comes with finals. I still rate them only the fourth best in it and think the above will prevail.

Anyone else?

I think the Garvey will really suit the Hoes as there bigger bodies will love the many contests the ground will provide.

Could this be the fairytale exit for club legends such as Peter Rawley and Travis O'Neil?

5 from 5 last week for myself and unlike Mr Styvesant I tipped before the round began.

Hate to agree with ETE but I agree with each of your tips bar Monash/Swinny.

Latrobe over WB by 3pts (Westies are very hard to beat on their home track, especially if wet)
Elsternwick over Kew by 16 (Kew have a few players back and may be an outside chance, but that would mean The Wicks are a chance to be relegated so they will win narrowly)
Westbourne to beat Hawthorn by 48 (No Lauletta! Who is going to kick Hawthorn a score?)
Powerhouse to beat Ivanhoe by 56 (My 'good things' for the round. Edwards to kick 8+)
Swinny over Monash by 5 (Kick after the siren to relegate The Gryphs. Heartbreaking, but they may win D4 next season)

Good luck to all

Quasi
Only 2 out of 5 so what do I know after a 5 in Round 15?

The House certainly let me down. Off them now.
Hawthorn have proven that Westies are not unbeatable (who is though?) but a big finals ground will be different.
Swinny and Monash was always going to be close.
Powerhouse and Swinburne are now outside chances to be relegated...

This week is crunch time:

POS TEAMPWLDForAgPtsPC1 OLD WESTBOURNE1614112139105458202.942 HAWTHORN1611411684144446116.623 LA TROBE UNIVERSITY1610601311126940103.314 IVANHOE169611419127838111.035 ELSTERNWICK16781147115783093.226 POWER HOUSE16790126313502893.567 SWINBURNE UNIVERSITY AFC16790139314942893.248 MONASH GRYPHONS166100126415042484.049 WEST BRUNSWICK166100114414262480.2210 KEW16115011011792461.44

Monash over Wicks by 8 (Gryphs playing well and Wicks cannot make finals and wont be relegated. What have they to play for then?)
Hoes over West Brunswick by 4 (WB know their season is on the line. Lose and they are in D4, so this is a real danger game for the Hoes)
Latrobe over Swinny by 36 (Swinburne had better hope that both The Gryphs and WB don't win. Latrobe playing too well at the minute)
Hawthorn over Kew by 45 (No brainer! Hawks are better than I gave them credit for last week)
Old Westbourne over Powerhouse by 81 (OW on the rebound and at home. Ouch! The House have got to do some serious mitigation so as their % doesn't disintergrate)

Bring on the weekend!

Good luck to all teams

Quasi

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the Garvey will really suit the Hoes as there bigger bodies will love the many contests the ground will provide.

Could this be the fairytale exit for club legends such as Peter Rawley and Travis O'Neil?

Hawks like it in tight too Lions Den and the 'new blokes' at OW shape up alright as well. Should be a great finals series.

As for the two blokes you named from Ivanhoe - i hope not - they touched us up at Sandringham about 10 years back.

Hawks like it in tight too Lions Den and the 'new blokes' at OW shape up alright as well. Should be a great finals series.

As for the two blokes you named from Ivanhoe - i hope not - they touched us up at Sandringham about 10 years back.

Champ are you from Marcellin originally? Hoes smashed Marcellin at Sandy back in 95 in a Prelim.

Old westbourne will be suited by the windy conditions at Garvey as their ground has to be the windiest place in melbourne.

Champ are you from Marcellin originally? Hoes smashed Marcellin at Sandy back in 95 in a Prelim.

Old westbourne will be suited by the windy conditions at Garvey as their ground has to be the windiest place in melbourne.

Nice get Crazy - and thanks for reminding me.

If they are hope that blokes of my vintage will win them a flag then the other three teams are certs. Does Garvey have wheelchair access?

OW might be suited by the windy conditions but no doubt there is some ground knowledge in both the La Trobe and Ivanhoe camps.

He deserved what he got...?

If the Elsternwick 2nds player did what you said he did, then that's low, but after such a post, let me assure you - you are no better a man.

yer he did, oh no he got put in a headlock, big deal i'm sure he will get over it, he might think twice before he tries taking another cheap shot.:p

Are Hawthorn the new South Melbourne of D3?

Are they the club everyone hates and even despises having a drink with after the game. Are they the club everyone hopes bombs out in straight sets in the finals?

Are they the club everyone hates and even despises having a drink with after the game. Are they the club everyone hopes bombs out in straight sets in the finals?

Found it interesting on the weekend, that when the hawthorn speaker was thanking the numerous Old West contingent for hanging around for a beer, was found to be quite a comedian when acknowledging the fact that only 3 members of Hawthorn went for a drink after there early season encounter at Truganina.

I didnt get it must of been an in house thing!!!

That was their position in D4 last year... it seems they have been replaced by St Marys? According to all the chatter in the D4 thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back