D3 Section Ammos 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little disappointed with the lack of turnout from Hawthorn to come back to the Old Westbourne clubrooms after the match on Saturday.

Granted we are asking teams to make an effort to drive 3km down the road (on their way back to the city anyway) so that we can utilise our clubrooms, but only three officials and NOT ONE PLAYER actually made an effort to attend.

The game was fought out in good spirit, and i was looking forward to having a beer with my opponent.

The reason from one of their officals (but thanks heaps to those 3 for coming) was that as the seniors were leaving the field, they were heckled by a group of Westbourne supporters (who happened to be some of the ressies players).

So they decided not to come and have a beer with us.

A pretty ordinary effort. Aren't senior footballers supposed to be able to put up with a bit of lip from the otherside of the fence???

Sour grapes Hawks.

plenty of swinburne boys in the monash rooms after a tight tussle. good on em. i know the monash boys are making a point to go and have a beer with the opposition after every game - all teams should do it.

A little disappointed with the lack of turnout from Hawthorn to come back to the Old Westbourne clubrooms after the match on Saturday.

Granted we are asking teams to make an effort to drive 3km down the road (on their way back to the city anyway) so that we can utilise our clubrooms, but only three officials and NOT ONE PLAYER actually made an effort to attend.

The game was fought out in good spirit, and i was looking forward to having a beer with my opponent.

The reason from one of their officals (but thanks heaps to those 3 for coming) was that as the seniors were leaving the field, they were heckled by a group of Westbourne supporters (who happened to be some of the ressies players).

A pretty ordinary effort. Aren't senior footballers supposed to be able to put up with a bit of lip from the otherside of the fence???

Sour grapes Hawks.

I take it the Westbourne boys will always drive 3k before having to drive back to the other side of town after being defeated and heckled?

Doubt it.

plenty of swinburne boys in the monash rooms after a tight tussle. good on em. i know the monash boys are making a point to go and have a beer with the opposition after every game - all teams should do it.

OMR - many of the House fellas come in for a beer ( or Fluffy Duck ) after the game on Saturday?

OMR - many of the House fellas come in for a beer ( or Fluffy Duck ) after the game on Saturday?

Champ, The House boys always go in for a beer in numbers, which makes the comments from Nicho Magic about his perception of whinging a bit perplexing and un-required. Didn't see any fluffy ducks on offer though.

Champ, The House boys always go in for a beer in numbers, which makes the comments from Nicho Magic about his perception of whinging a bit perplexing and un-required. Didn't see any fluffy ducks on offer though.

Good stuff Vegemite - I am sure that the Ivanhoe fellas will return the favour - as they do like a beer - many pubs around this area owe their re-development to the boys from Ivanhoe.

I watched most of the game and didn't here either team sqwaking too much at all. A few free kicks either way were - as usual - part of the game, but all round just a good contest and played in pretty good spirit.

I think Nicho must have been on the Fluffy's when he wrote that!

Sour grapes Hawks.

From my experience OW are the worst offenders of not sticking around for a drink....

Good turnout after the game at hoe park for both teams. We do enjoy a post game bevvie.

Yeah no fluffy ducks after the game but plenty throughout the nite. Many a heart broken on the dance floor 2!!!!

Good stuff Vegemite - I am sure that the Ivanhoe fellas will return the favour - as they do like a beer - many pubs around this area owe their re-development to the boys from Ivanhoe.

I watched most of the game and didn't here either team sqwaking too much at all. A few free kicks either way were - as usual - part of the game, but all round just a good contest and played in pretty good spirit.

I think Nicho must have been on the Fluffy's when he wrote that!

the house blokes did not stop whinging from the first quarter onwards... the game was in good spirits, but they couldn't accept one decision from the umps.

From my experience OW are the worst offenders of not sticking around for a drink....

I can think of only one game (Mt Lilydale 2001) over the past ten years when we didn't hang around for at least a couple of beers after the game - generally till the awards are read out.

I'm not sure what club you're from collinsr but I'm pretty sure others we have played against will vouch for the fact we, as a club, will put some money back over the bar at the oppositions rooms.

the house blokes did not stop whinging from the first quarter onwards... the game was in good spirits, but they couldn't accept one decision from the umps.

Nicho - you have been on the 'good spirits' my friend - hardly a peep from my vantage point ( just behind the House coaching staff ) all day.

The usual cries of 'BALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL' or " you 'ave got to be joking umpire", but nothing more than that. Every team has a few blokes that like a chat with the umpires - but I couldn't see too much in it on saturday.

OMR - what did you think - you were out there?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can think of only one game (Mt Lilydale 2001) over the past ten years when we didn't hang around for at least a couple of beers after the game - generally till the awards are read out.

I'm not sure what club you're from collinsr but I'm pretty sure others we have played against will vouch for the fact we, as a club, will put some money back over the bar at the oppositions rooms.

well i look forward to you proving me wrong then....

Is there going to be a team of the half year named this year?

If so who do people think would be in it.

Pretty sure I know who Champ would have in the goal square

Is there going to be a team of the half year named this year?

If so who do people think would be in it.

Pretty sure I know who Champ would have in the goal square

He is leading the Goal kickers LD - so ease up !!!

But Eddo was well held on the weekend by a bloke who has been around Ivanhoe for a very long time .......I even played against him in the mid 90's ........and has played on some very good full forwards in years gone bye!!

Higgins ( Swinney) and Pace ( Hoes ) would have reasonable claims to the key position also..........If Eddo was injured !!

I take it the Westbourne boys will always drive 3k before having to drive back to the other side of town after being defeated and heckled?

Doubt it.

Didn't hear the heckling... but harden the **** up... especially since most of Hawks were very vocal on the field...

Kew, are they in crisis?????

Crisis No, inability to win close games - yes.

Have lost 3 games by less than 2 goals and finished with 15 players in a 4th. Have only got belted once.

As other sides will testify we are competitve but just finding it hard to win. Will get a couple of players back next week so not all is lost. Lost to Latrobe by 12 points and Elsternwick by 12 points both are 3rd and 4th, both games we should have won and lost to Monash in the last minute.

OMR you would have seen us first hand and know we aren't as bad as 1- 5 shows. However, we are 1 - 5 and we are working hard to improve on this. Injuries haven't been kind but either have they been with other clubs so we don't use that as an excuse.

Just need to get on the winners list over the next fortnight. People would have said Ivanhoe were in crisis 4 weeks ago and now look where they are!!

Finally, well done to Elsternwick for staying around for a beer even though they had a function to get too.

Sour grapes Hawks.

Bit disappointing that, our clubrooms are on the way home from the ground.

I thought maybe Hawthorn didn't know they could come to our clubrooms after the game but if the reason was because five blokes in a ute near the goals were saying some pretty mild stuff at them then that's just lame. What our guys were saying was certainly a lot tamer than what the fella who wore #24 in the senior game was yelling to our ressie guys.

Monash however, came back to our rooms in droves, put lots of money over the bar and bought plenty of raffle tickets. We will be sure to repay the favour when we play next.

Whats the story with the Latrobe vs WB match?

The VAFA website has Latrobe winning, but have awarded the points to WB. Did Latrobe play an unregistered player, or is it just an administrative error on the website?

Latrobe need to re-sit the VAFA website data entry test as this is the second occasion in which they've made errors concerning posting the scores after home games. Same thing happened when they hosted Monash.

What an interesting week...I finally got a few tips right 4 to take my total to 14 from 30 matches, yes I'm good (need a new Guru!).

Chimp still in love with 'Eddo'. Whispers i hear are that the House are desperate to get Chimp to pull a jumper on to give them a second option to get a score. Especially as he must have once been a superstar in B or C grade to have played against a mid 90's Ivanhoe, any truth in that Chimp??

Another rumour is that after convincing 6 teams that he is clearly the biggest goose in the league, #24 at Hawthorn has been asked to take on a role with the UN as a good will ambassador, that right Jacko?

And finally, Kew are about to launch their season and have asked me to start the bandwagon, I need to see my guru, decide if i continue with him or not, then I'll get back to you Oldtimer (before the end of the week).

Dubya, a 21st in Hamilton took a big whack of the boys away immediately after the game. Agreed, game was played in good spirits (OW very impressive). Crack was as the players walked towards the changerooms twenty minutes after the game to be confronted with a twos player waving a ball at the ruckman, saying do you know what this is? Not the end of the world but perhaps not the greatest timing? From little things, big things erupt.

Dubya, a 21st in Hamilton took a big whack of the boys away immediately after the game. Agreed, game was played in good spirits (OW very impressive). Crack was as the players walked towards the changerooms twenty minutes after the game to be confronted with a twos player waving a ball at the ruckman, saying do you know what this is? Not the end of the world but perhaps not the greatest timing? From little things, big things erupt.

The 2nd's bloke has been under fire from the club as no one should have to put up with that after the game is completed, however other than that bloke i don't think it's enough to stop all players and coaches from popping their head in. Hanging around for one beer doesn't take much time.

OW have installed a new policy since our first round match against Ivonhoe where we realised it is going to be difficult to get opposition players back to our rooms, the policy being that each OW players is to buy their direct opponent their first beer back at our rooms. Whether you were hecled or not.
Worked very well against monash and instead of having one side of the room OW and the other Monash there was a great mix of blokes.

But for the only Hawthorn bloke that came back who was drinking it wasn't so bad... He got the 6 pack for best on in the 2's and the 1's :D

Nicho - you have been on the 'good spirits' my friend - hardly a peep from my vantage point ( just behind the House coaching staff ) all day.

The usual cries of 'BALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL' or " you 'ave got to be joking umpire", but nothing more than that. Every team has a few blokes that like a chat with the umpires - but I couldn't see too much in it on saturday.

OMR - what did you think - you were out there?
I was out there and there were a few House defenders whinging a bit to the bald umpire particularly in the 2nd half and were probably making things worse for themselves in the process however the game was played in good spirits and many of them stayed behind for a drink later on so full credit to them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back