D4 D4 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the finals looming. What are peoples predictions for the rest of the season.

Top Five
Premiers
Comp b & f
Goal Kicking

Top Five:

WB
Kew
AP
ML
SFX...or...
(Richmond need help now to get in... 11.5 wins might be enough to get through... but that means we'll have to win 5 of last 6, and beat either Kew or WB in the process! Tough ask but not impossible.)

Premiers - WB - I think the home ground advantage was huge for Kew, it wont be in a GF...

Comp B & F - Horne or Dishon

Goal Kicking - Horne?

Your internal politics is just that...internal and no one needs an explaination except your members.

IFF - you guys know what needs to be done and are no doubt doing it. A crap run with injuries and some bad luck can turn around quick enough.

Lakey - ummm..... I 'tried' not to say anything about club politics. I spoke about our struggle to compete on the ground as a result of our injuries & the rest was a note to say that as a club we know the types of players we need to try to get to our club to improve it.

Next time I'll be less than subliminal!!!:D

Lakey - ummm..... I 'tried' not to say anything about club politics. I spoke about our struggle to compete on the ground as a result of our injuries & the rest was a note to say that as a club we know the types of players we need to try to get to our club to improve it.

We need the type of "player" who wants to be on the committee.... if anyone is interested! ;)

That's right! We were lucky to get the 2 WINS

Just a question when a player clearly touches the ball before going through the goals,the field umpire calls out touched but the goal umpire awards the goal what should happen ? Well done BHN did have injuries and still held on to win.

Just a question when a player clearly touches the ball before going through the goals,the field umpire calls out touched but the goal umpire awards the goal what should happen ? Well done BHN did have injuries and still held on to win.

A VAFA field umpire can over rule a club goal umpire.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think you mis understood me. Was not saying that to you, but to Fox who raised it first. Just saying he should pull his head in and go face to face and you guys who work so hard for your club should not have to answer publicly for that! Its a tough job as it is.....

Not this again.......someone has sour grapes!

WB
Kew
AP
SFX
BHN

Premiers - BHN
Comp B&F - Me
Goal Kicking - Horne

Good call RM...MTL to miss out, based on the out's last week and similar no's over the previous weeks, have been lucky to get away with the last two wins. May get several back this week, will help both 1's & 2's.

MTL draw
Play the Comp B&F this week in your back yard
SFX at home
Richmond away
AP away
NB at home
Kew away

PS: well done Kew, didn't think you could/would but you did

Good call RM...MTL to miss out, based on the out's last week and similar no's over the previous weeks, have been lucky to get away with the last two wins. May get several back this week, will help both 1's & 2's.

MTL draw
Play the Comp B&F this week in your back yard
SFX at home
Richmond away
AP away
NB at home
Kew away

PS: well done Kew, didn't think you could/would but you did

funny how alot of peeps didnt even rate Albert Park into their top 5's earlier in the year... even the Cobras talked themselves up after their big under-dog win against them by 6 goals?? - in the early clash... too bad for the Cobras they couldnt match the same deal for the return leg.

Was Cookson even playing?Reports from various spies was that he was rather mouthy last time they met.

:rolleyes:

funny how alot of peeps didnt even rate Albert Park into their top 5's earlier in the year... even the Cobras talked themselves up after their big under-dog win against them by 6 goals?? - in the early clash... too bad for the Cobras they couldnt match the same deal for the return leg.

Was Cookson even playing?Reports from various spies was that he was rather mouthy last time they met.

west brunswick... the real deal or pretenders??

From the 50 metres away where I kicked the ball from it certainly looked like it cleared the line. ;)

WB
Kew
AP
SFX
BHN

Premiers - BHN
Comp B&F - Me
Goal Kicking - Horne

Ummm... No. I doubt it.

WB
Kew
SFX
AP
MtLily (Sorry Waz)

Premiers - just narrowly favouring WB but should be a cracker!
Comp B&F - Horne probably but S. Thomson from WB is my darkhorse.
Goal Kicker - Horne probably to overtake Viola.

west brunswick... the real deal or pretenders??

That's the big question I suppose. I'd hesitate to forget eleven weeks of dominance because of one result. It does show that the Premiership cup is not engraved just yet and that Kew have as good a claim as anyone on their day. I reckon it's gone from a one-horse race to a two-horse race though.
WB & Kew both seem well clear of SFX and the rest.

Grandfinal (if it's between these two) should be a cracker. Just from reading the VAFA results site and the comments here it must have been a great game on the weekend. Close at quartertime. Underdogs up at the half because of straighter shooting. All square at the final break and thirteen goals between them in the last. Kew's big guns firing while Irving, Sudholz, et al were quiet.

Ummm... No. I doubt it.

WB
Kew
SFX
AP
MtLily (Sorry Waz)

Premiers - just narrowly favouring WB but should be a cracker!
Comp B&F - Horne probably but S. Thomson from WB is my darkhorse.
Goal Kicker - Horne probably to overtake Viola.

SFX won't finish 3rd... my guess anyway. At the moment Mt Lilydale and dare I say AP are better sides?

That's the big question I suppose. I'd hesitate to forget eleven weeks of dominance because of one result. It does show that the Premiership cup is not engraved just yet and that Kew have as good a claim as anyone on their day. I reckon it's gone from a one-horse race to a two-horse race though.
WB & Kew both seem well clear of SFX and the rest.

Grandfinal (if it's between these two) should be a cracker. Just from reading the VAFA results site and the comments here it must have been a great game on the weekend. Close at quartertime. Underdogs up at the half because of straighter shooting. All square at the final break and thirteen goals between them in the last. Kew's big guns firing while Irving, Sudholz, et al were quiet.

interesting to note these 2 teams were relegated from d3 in 2007... a case of 2 big fish in a small pond perhaps??

interesting to note these 2 teams were relegated from d3 in 2007... a case of 2 big fish in a small pond perhaps??

It's definitely not a case of big fish. West Bruns won 6 games last year and were extremely unlucky to be relegated. On the other hand, Kew had a terrible year and only won 1 game. Both sides are at least 10 goals better than what they had last year.

I know that Kew had 9 players last week in the seniors who didn't play last year and I'm sure WB had just as many. It was simply a case of trying to recruit and get both sides back on track. I'm sure all sides try and do that once they go down a grade.

The race is definitely not a race in 2, SFX have only lost 3 games, Mt L only 4 and Albert Park are definitely the form side of the comp.

It was only 3 weeks ago that Eley Park were 6 goals up against Kew just before half time. Let's not get carried away there is still a third of the season to go before finals. Anything can happen in amateur footy!

yeah he played copped a bit of stick from ap marquee in the last,

i was going to get on here and give my honest opinion on a couple of matters after hereing what was happening but after reading everyones comments i dont think i have to anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back