D4 D4 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some 'HUGE' games this week.....

Mt.L V S.F.X.....3rd V 4th....The battle for third spot and a second chance come finals for whoever can keep third on the ladder! Mt.L went down to S.F.X by 4 goals in round 2 this year, but with the S.F.X boys travelling (up or down?) to lilydale it may be a different story.

A.Park V Kew..... 2nd V 5th.....The in form A.Park take on the Kew boys, who will be looking to fire up after last rounds results. A.Park are a very tough team at home, so I would love to see them upset Kew who got it over them by 10 goals back in round 2 at 'Kew.

If we can agree on something I'll buy some trophies and get them engraved this week... So let me know!

Don't forget WAZ and SPY I am in for one weeks umping fees towards the trophies,let me know who to send it to.
Hope you have a cracker of a game

Seniors: President's Cup :thumbsu:
Reserves: Memorial Cup :thumbsu:

This game has a lot more at stake than the respective trophies.
Richmond Centrals and Box Hill North need to be viewing this game as their only chance to stay in the hunt for a finals spot (even a remote one).
The winner still has a little sniff of Albert Park and Mt Lilydale's arses. But the loser can certainly look to maybe letting some senior players possibly/conveniently slide back to the seconds for the rest of the year.:cool:

Seniors: President's Cup :thumbsu:
Reserves: Memorial Cup :thumbsu:

Right....

This is for a bit of fun mind you (sorry everyone not involved with BHN and RC).

Not only will we both be playing for a slim chance at a seniors final spot, and a good chance at a reserves spot (and there will be no love lost on the field I can tell you) ... we'll also be playing for the inaugural.....

Reserves:

Presidents Cup
Richmond Central v Box Hill North
(To recognise the hard work put in by the presidents, both past and present.)

Seniors:

Volunteers Memorial Cup
Box Hill North v Richmond Central
(To celebrate the work done by all volunteers for both clubs, but particularly those who have passed on ... )

I reckon the Volunteers are more important than the presidents, so that should be the trophy for the seniors.

BHN, RC, Lakey, TobyG, etc........ let me know if I've stuffed up! But I'm sure I've got it just about right.

Right....

This is for a bit of fun mind you (sorry everyone not involved with BHN and RC).

Not only will we both be playing for a slim chance at a seniors final spot, and a good chance at a reserves spot (and there will be no love lost on the field I can tell you) ... we'll also be playing for the inaugural.....

Reserves:

Presidents Cup

Seniors:

Volunteers Memorial Cup
(To celebrate the work done by all volunteers for both clubs, but particularly those who have passed on ... )

I reckon the Volunteers are more important than the presidents, so that should be the trophy for the seniors.

BHN, RC, Lakey, TobyG, etc........ let me know if I've stuffed up! But I'm sure I've got it just about right.

Looks Good to me! :thumbsu:

Right....

Reserves:

Presidents Cup

Seniors:

Volunteers Memorial Cup

Yes Waz you are right on the money.
The only thing I suggest is we leave room to add 'memorial' names near the top.
Obviously they would have to have been fairly substantial contributors to their respective clubs. Like our beloved Darryl.
Obviously we hope there is very lttle need to add names to the cup.
We are happy for Snakes to strike the trophies and BHN will pay half of the costs.
Thanks to Tugger for his generous contribution to the cup. When the old bugger pops his clogs somewhere in the very distant future, we should not preclude people like Tugger from being remembered on the cup. He comes and umpires the whole Japan tournament solo and refuses to take any payment for it.

LAKEY. I agree the Presidents Cup should be awarded on the ground straight after the 2s game.

Both games have a lot on them and are worthy innaugrual cup matches.

Right....

we'll also be playing for the inaugural.....

Reserves:

Presidents Cup

Seniors:

Volunteers Memorial Cup

...But I'm sure I've got it just about right.

Please Waz don't ignore the humble apostrophe!

These would be possessive plurals.
"Presidents' Cup"
"Volunteers' Memorial Cup"

Good initiative though guys. Hope it's the start of a long running tradition between the two clubs.

Right....

Reserves:

Presidents Cup

Seniors:

Volunteers Memorial Cup

Great work Prez. All looks great.....

Yes Waz you are right on the money.
The only thing I suggest is we leave room to add 'memorial' names near the top.
Obviously they would have to have been fairly substantial contributors to their respective clubs. Like our beloved Darryl.
Obviously we hope there is very lttle need to add names to the cup.
We are happy for Snakes to strike the trophies and BHN will pay half of the costs.
Thanks to Tugger for his generous contribution to the cup. When the old bugger pops his clogs somewhere in the very distant future, we should not preclude people like Tugger from being remembered on the cup. He comes and umpires the whole Japan tournament solo and refuses to take any payment for it.

LAKEY. I agree the Presidents Cup should be awarded on the ground straight after the 2s game.

Both games have a lot on them and are worthy innaugrual cup matches.

Totally agree Spy. We are looking forward to the day. After last year (Punt Rd) and our previous stouches over a few years now, we certainly have developed a huge rivalry and this week will be a ripper......both grades in the mix and a loss in either hurts or ends a finals chance.....And either club can add to the silverware.......and drink beer out of it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rather than set up a conference call to the ten or so richmond/box hill readers on this forum...

The cups have been ordered and will be presented for the first time on game day this saturday.... Reserves as soon as the match ends. Seniors at the normal presentation time. So.... to Box Hill.....

BRING IT!!!

Rather than set up a conference call to the ten or so richmond/box hill readers on this forum...

The cups have been ordered and will be presented for the first time on game day this saturday.... Reserves as soon as the match ends. Seniors at the normal presentation time. So.... to Box Hill.....

BRING IT!!!

A perpetual trophy, good idea but what happens when one team goes up? Or do both of you plan on staying in D4 for a while?

A perpetual trophy, good idea but what happens when one team goes up? Or do both of you plan on staying in D4 for a while?

In that event, I suggest we organise pre-season matches, or, just wait until we're in the same division again... Details will be worked out over a few beers this saturday:)

Early tips for Round 14:
1's:
Sth.M V Nth.B-----will go to the home side by 4 goals
S.T.Ho V E.P-----E.P to continue the horror season of S.T.Ho. 10 goals+
Bull.C V W.B-----W.B by a fair bit, 15 goals
Rich.C V B.H.N-----Rich.C by 5 goals
Mt.L V S.F.X-----4th v 3rd, match of the round! Mt.L by 2 goals
A.P V Kew----Kew in a very close incounter, 2 goals
:thumbsu::thumbsdown:
2's:
Sth.M, E.P, W.B, Rich.C, Mt.L, Kew.

Status