Mt.L V S.F.X-----4th v 3rd, match of the round! Mt.L by 2 goals
A.P V Kew----Kew in a very close incounter, 2 goals
:thumbsu::thumbsdown:
2's:
Sth.M, E.P, W.B, Rich.C, Mt.L, Kew.

Sth Morn v Nth Brun - NB by 1 goal
STHo v EP - This could be STHo's last chance at a win? EP by 5 goals
WB by heaps
RC by 1 point in the inaugural "Volunteers Memorial Cup" :)
ML to beat SFX and gain 3rd spot a a few goals
Kew to rebound and defeat AP by a few goals.

Reserves:

NB and South Morn both need the win to stay in the finals race... SM have shown good form in the twos of late, but NB are desperate... by 1 goal.
STHo by 1 point over EP
WB by heaps
RC by 1 point in the inaugural "Presidents Cup" :)
SFX to get over ML and make it difficult for their finals race...
Kew to beat AP, who could also use a win... lots of teams on 6 wins in the ressies!

Calling him guthers always confuses my spelling of his name :(

Careful all of you illiterate graduates (Big W & Sneako), on this site you'll find that spelling and grammar checks are conducted on a regular bases but by few:p

Speaking of Ruck Machine....the after match atmosphere in your bar/social room was excellent, booze was well priced, good speaches by all and the ground was in good nick:thumbsu:

Careful all of you illiterate graduates (Big W & Sneako), on this site you'll find that spelling and grammar checks are conducted on a regular bases but by few:p

Speaking of Ruck Machine....the after match atmosphere in your bar/social room was excellent, booze was well priced, good speaches by all and the ground was in good nick:thumbsu:

Thanks for the kind comments.
We try very hard with limited surrounds to put a warm welcome mat out. It helps to hear some positive feedback.:eek:

If this were deliberate it would be funny. I don't think it's deliberate.

P.S: Still forgetting those apostrophes Waz...:p

RM's Round 14 Tips

SM vs NB - SM by 1 Goal
STHo vs EP - EP by 8 Goals
BC vs WB - WB by 20 Goals
RC vs BHN - BHN by 1 point
MtL vs SFX - MtL by 1 Goal
AP vs Kew - Kew by 2 Goals

Reserves: SM, STHo, WB, BHN, SFX, Kew

Ozza's LOCKS for the Week:

Seniors:
NB to beat Sth Mornington by 4 goals...
Eley Park to take Syndal by 14 goals.
West Brunswick to trounce Bulleen by 22 goals.
Richmond to win the cup over BHN - Central by 28 points.
SFX over Mt.Lilydale 36 points
Kew to smash Albert Park- 58 points.

Ressies:
NB to beat Sth Morn - 25 points.
Eley Park by 30 points over Syndal.
West Brunswick over BC - 94 points
Centrals by 5 points over BHN
Kew over AP- 100 points
SFX to beat Mt.Lilydale- 22 points.

And those are the LOCKS.

The Pro was on the cobra website and found this gem.

The boys were incredibly unlucky. If you consider the unavailability of important players, the many injuries suffered during the match, the fact that West Brunswick were playing on the counter attack for the entire first half AND the fact that a three pronged tall (Fradkin, Conn and Daley) attack is incredibly unsuited in the dismal conditions endured on Saturday... the result was extremely encouraging.

The margin of 31 points at half time was very unflattering.

I thought the opposition played second to the ball tactics, with many of their midfielders and flankers playing around the periphery of the contests and backing the one or two very talented West Brunswick blokes to poach the footy off us and then dish the hands. Perhaps such tactics were exclusive to the conditions, and not a consistent feature of their gameplan, BUT, if they try this dishonest brand of football which is heavily reliant on the one or two talented footballers next time they'll be in a bit of trouble. Regardless of the implementation of that particular tactic, I think that we're a massive chance at home next time.

According to this I believe the Cobras will win the flag. West Brunswick's dishonest play will get them no where (currently 6-0).:p

And this one also.

Can't disagree. Seemed like we really fell away across half forward due to our reliance on the three prong set up. Conditions just didn't suit. When they weren't skirting the perimeter they punsihed us on the counter-attack. With a full side in for the home leg I think we will be far more competitive.

Should make for an interesting match this weekend. WB's dishonest brand of football: poaching the ball, playing second to the footy, and hanging around the periphery, has gotten them to 12-1 while Bulleen are at a less than imposing 4-9.

With that in mind:
South Morn by 3 goals
EP to continue STHo's season of woe to the tune of 100points.
WB to narrowly get up by 20 dishonest goals.
Big Waz to skull from the cup after his boys do RM's in by 5 goals

And the big 2 of the round:
SFX Vs MtLily:
SFX enjoy a good homeground advantage down in Berwick and Kew don't travel well so I'm not getting over-excited by their win last week. That said their a good team and have a real competitive streak. They didn't just beat Kew they demolished them. MtLily have welcomed some talent back and will enjoy that their hosting. I reckon itll be SFX in a tight one. Maybe they can get the Pope to lead a World Youth Day prayer to their success. 5 points.
AP Vs Kew:
As I said above the boys in brown and gold don't travel well. AP have an advantage on there land by the lake, but both these sides play small grounds well so if anyone's suited to knocking off AP at home its Kew. Horne has been in great form, even in the loss against SFX but he needs help. When McDermott stood up Kew beat the best, when he was goal-less they got rolled by SFX. Kew will have to play well as a team to get up but I think they can do it. They'll be smarting from the treatment they got last week and keen to make a statement. AP will be very competitive but finals look nearly assured and while they won't want to lose they don't need it as much as Kew. 13 point win to the visitors.

Reserves:
NB, EP, WB, Centrals, SFX, Kew.

Very clever peanut, must have been sitting on that one for 8 weeks

Your to kind. :eek: It caused a stir a while back and it wasn't too hard to find through a post search.

Anyway they're not my words, I just thought they made interesting reading before this weekend. Im far more interested in the 4 other finals teams playing off than in WB withstanding the retaliation of Bulleen.

Your to kind. :eek: It caused a stir a while back and it wasn't too hard to find through a post search.

Anyway they're not my words, I just thought they made interesting reading before this weekend. Im far more interested in the 4 other finals teams playing off than in WB withstanding the retaliation of Bulleen.

It did cause a stir, true. I believe the Massive Bonse ("Bulleencobras.asn.au" administrator) was a bit miffed that copyrighted material was reproduced on another site without written, and/or implied, approval from the board at Cobraland. Rumoured that Minter Ellison may have been involved post the event.

I understand it is a slow news day and we need to trall through months of posts to find something to talk about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Redgum - surely you won't let this one slip through??

It will take two upsets for WB to not finish top... whereas one upset can rearrange 2nd - 5th pretty quickly. If AP beat Kew and MT L beat SFX, it's on for young and old.

Can't see AP beating Kew though.

It did cause a stir, true. I believe the Massive Bonse ("Bulleencobras.asn.au" administrator) was a bit miffed that copyrighted material was reproduced on another site without written, and/or implied, approval from the board at Cobraland.

Does that happen on the internet? I don't believe it.

Classic. I cant believe someone actually took the time to write that. Perhaps the guy should spend more time on the track and worry about his own footy that posting crap comments like that on a intra club website. I know when we played them i actually felt sorry for them.

Must be something in the water out there - gelatine most probably

Your to kind. :eek: quote]

You're not too kind to our language. (Happy Pan?)
I was going to pick it up but I'm afraid I'm becoming the grammar nazi and I really can't be bothered and I'm not that worried if people stuff up on the internet. It should be pretty informal.

I only brought up Waz's apostrophes because they would be engraved and if I ever go to Centrals (Unlikely) or BHN (V. Unlikely) it would bug me that the trophies didn't have apostrophes. In fact even if I wasn't at those clubs it would bug me... but that's my problem and I will deal with it.

As to the weekend (For what it's worth):
SFX will be too good for Mt Lilydale.
(but I haven't seen Mt Lilydale except for Rnd 1)
Kew will beat AP.
(Though AP are a good side and should be pushing for 3rd)

The other matches will take care of themselves and won't have a huge effect on the ladder.

SM vs NB - SM by a few goals. Too far for NB to travel
STH vs EP - EP by 60 points, but Syndal to put up a good fight until half time
BC vs WB - WB by many goals. Could be up to 25 as suggested earlier
RC vs BHN - Centrals, only because of the umpires, the ground, El Nino, global oil prices and the new emissions trading scheme
MtL vs SFX - Match of the round - only just. Mt L to get up by less than a kick after trailing most of the day.
AP vs Kew - Another cracker of a game. Kew to rebound and win by 14 points

It's official.
The VAFA have recognized the special status of this weeks epic clash for the Cup.
Umpire allocation for RC v BHN :

Jack Cooper D4 BOUNDARY
Ben Koetsier D4 FIELD
Kevin Pardy D4 BOUNDARY
Greg Rollo D4 GOAL
Robert Seymour D4 GOAL
Sig Sokolowski D4 FIELD

A full book... WHOO HOO !

That'll swell the crowd Waz. Less bodies needed to fill maggot roles.

Patrick Maebus C18F 19/07/08 (Sat) 14:00 Elgar Park (Club XVIII (2)) BOX HILL NORTH vs WHITEFRIARS

This should put a smile on a few D4 coaches as well.

It's official.
The VAFA have recognized the special status of this weeks epic clash for the Cup.

Jack Cooper D4 BOUNDARY
Ben Koetsier D4 FIELD
Kevin Pardy D4 BOUNDARY
Greg Rollo D4 GOAL
Robert Seymour D4 GOAL
Sig Sokolowski D4 FIELD

That is definately a first! We've never had the full complement down at KB in my time there... sweet.

And I won't have to boundary umpire!

Very surprising of you to make a snide remark about Box Hill North.

The continual bagging of umpires on this thread is quite laughable. Do you think that they do not read this forum?
Umpires are human - if you bag them they will turn on you. Unfortunately on this thread Box Hill North seem to bag the umps more than anyone else does.

I have to pick on someone since "The Taskmaster" has vanished.

It's official.

Jack Cooper D4 BOUNDARY
Ben Koetsier D4 FIELD
Kevin Pardy D4 BOUNDARY
Greg Rollo D4 GOAL
Robert Seymour D4 GOAL
Sig Sokolowski D4 FIELD

Welcome back Pardy - An old Centrals player from a few years ago.....and Jackie Cooper (AKA Uncle Fester - for those old un's like me!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back