D4 D4 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
true.. but I like the idea of the 2 relegated sides not playing the bottom four sides twice... That is easy to implement, and chances are the bottom 4 sides aren't going to win the flag...

So then you get a middle of the road team who might finish 4-5 games outside the finals but win say 6 coping the two relegated teams twice during the year, this means they end up finishing lower than they should hence making it harder for them to recruit for the year after. Its a senior football league not an under 8's fair play and participation league.

I agree Wazza - History shows the relegated sides do well coming into a lower division.

Fixturing is what it is but your idea has merit.

D4 is what it is and most clubs are probably 5 players away from being a good team. Give me a spell about the VAFA taking into account where a team finished last year because it might affect future recruiting. What's the point of having a soft run and then making finals and getting smashed. A club is better off playing all the good teams as that way they know where they're at and what they need to do to improve. To be the best you have to beat the best.

Agree with that to a point - BHN have had a pretty tough 6 weeks, but 2-3 years ago they would have been favourite in most of those games.

As it is we have been left in no doubt as to where we're at!

D4 is what it is and most clubs are probably 5 players away from being a good team. Give me a spell about the VAFA taking into account where a team finished last year because it might affect future recruiting. What's the point of having a soft run and then making finals and getting smashed. A club is better off playing all the good teams as that way they know where they're at and what they need to do to improve. To be the best you have to beat the best.

I'm with you brother... A hard run into finals is the best preparation for finals whatever the grade is.:thumbsu:

It all makes your suggestions somewhat irrelevant about who plays who, etc when you have 12 teams in the comp and only play 18 games not 24. It would be impossible for anyone to organise an equal draw based on the previous seasons results, teams being relegated, teams improving (SM) or teams declining (BHN)

Spot on mate couldn't agree with u more.

It all makes your suggestions somewhat irrelevant about who plays who, etc when you have 12 teams in the comp and only play 18 games not 24. It would be impossible for anyone to organise an equal draw based on the previous seasons results, teams being relegated, teams improving (SM) or teams declining (BHN)

BHN were'nt strong at the end of last year, and South Morn were... so no surprises there. The only team that has really surprised me this year is Latrobe, who were woeful last season in D3. I haven't been involved in a relegation so I don't know what the clubs go through, but in my experience in D4 it seems that the relegated sides always come back stronger the next season... must be the smell of a GF, or the fear of further decline...

Has Ryan Hayes pulled on the boots yet for Albert Park, saw him out a couple of nights ago and is itching to get out on the park. Was once descibed by a coach as someone who couldn't get a kick in a room full or donkeys.

Has Ryan Hayes pulled on the boots yet for Albert Park, saw him out a couple of nights ago and is itching to get out on the park. Was once descibed by a coach as someone who couldn't get a kick in a room full or donkeys.

Surely AP dont need any more recruits. I've heard they have 70+ on the track every night. It's a crying shame they dont have a clubXVIII really? Why not? Sort of reminds me of hawthorn a few years back, when they rotated an entire reserves side every week. We got beaten in the two's by them that year 200-0. Fun times :)

Round 7 Tips

SM vs MtL - SM by 4 goals
NB vs BHN - BHN by 1 point (again)
RC vs LTU - LTU by 7 goals
Ham vs SU - SU by 10 goals
AP vs Chad - AP by 15 goals
EP vs Kew - Kew by 9 goals

Round 7 Tips

SM vs MtL - SM by 4 goals
NB vs BHN - BHN by 1 point (again)
RC vs LTU - LTU by 7 goals
Ham vs SU - SU by 10 goals
AP vs Chad - AP by 15 goals
EP vs Kew - Kew by 9 goals

Sth.M v Mt.L---Mt.L by a couple of goals in what wil be a very windy freezing day. Plenty of deep heat going around just for warmth!!! Plus a must win for the mountain men, lets enjoy the bus ride home singing the song.:D
Nth.B v B.H.Nth---B.H.Nth by 5 goals. Thanks to the return of the mighty R.M. Nth.B would have to be the shortest side I've played footy against with 1-2 blokes just hitting 6ft.:confused:
Rich.C v LTU---Rich.C by a point....Knock 'em of that perch! Must stop thier high rotating midfield for a chance.:thumbsu:
Manny v Swinny---Swinny by 6 goals. Who can stop the unpaid Yaman??;)
A.P v Chaddy---Oh No....A.P by 20+ goals with their potent forward line.:eek:
E.P v Kew---Kew by 10 goals as E.P come back to earth after a flying start to season.;)

MAGOOS---Mt.L, Nth.B, LTU, Manny, A.P, Kew.

Sth.M v Mt.L---Mt.L by a couple of goals in what wil be a very windy freezing day. Plenty of deep heat going around just for warmth!!! Plus a must win for the mountain men, lets enjoy the bus ride home singing the song.:D
Nth.B v B.H.Nth---B.H.Nth by 5 goals. Thanks to the return of the mighty R.M. Nth.B would have to be the shortest side I've played footy against with 1-2 blokes just hitting 6ft.:confused:
Rich.C v LTU---Rich.C by a point....Knock 'em of that perch! Must stop thier high rotating midfield for a chance.:thumbsu:
E.P v Kew---Kew by 10 goals as E.P come back to earth after a flying start to season.;)

sm v ml south to rebound this week after an embarrassing showing against the front runners. ml will lack the pace to keep up with the young kids. smc by 5 goals.nb v bhn this game will be as close as it gets. i think sneako may be right, rm to be the difference after a few weeks rest. bhn by e point.rc v ltu surely match of the round. if we can hang with these guys at home we'll be looking good. rc by 1 point.man v swin swinburne will just be too big for man to handle. they are still hunting a premiership and have too much at stake to lose this. swin by 5 goals.ap v the chad ap by 20 plus goals. no contest. ap has so many players they're telling the stragglers to shove off. good situation to be in. ep v kew i agree kew will be too tall and physical for ep. bears by 10 goals.reserves: sm, nb, rc!, man (upset?), ap, kew.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is Scott Smith (STHM) guilty off:confused: was it spitting:confused: if so how come only two weeks, therefore there must have been some doubt in the mind of the tribunal, so therefore his innocent:confused:....zero weeks should apply.

Rd 7 tips

BHN x 4g against NB
I hear MTL are getting a few good players back this week but SM will still win at home x 4g
RC will win at home by 4g against LTU, bigw to throw a party after this big win, byo cones
M'ham getting a couple back this week and they will cause an upset and beat Swin by 4g
EP, think we can also give Q a run, therefore EP by 4g
AP to beat Chad by 4 also....40g that is

2's

NB/MTL/LTU/M'ham/EP/AP

Fuseball's Tips for Round 7

Sth M v MTL - It is time the real MTL stands up and I think this may well be the week. The Mountainmen for me by 37 points to kick start a run to the finals.
NB v BHN - BHN should just account for NB away by 18 points. Game of the week.
RICH v LTU - Things travelling well down Richmond way - until this week when a true contender in LTU walks away with the points - LTU by 28 points.
HAM v SWIN - Winning form is good form but not in this case. Swiny by 72 points.Yaman another 8 or so.
AP v CHAD - How far AP. At a guess lets say 'very'. 26 goals.
EP v KEW - Kew by few. Say 11 goals. Yet again not enough goal power for EP - Ave 11 gls per match will not win you many games this year.

Got many to come back into the 1st Sneako???

What is Scott Smith (STHM) guilty off:confused: was it spitting:confused: if so how come only two weeks, therefore there must have been some doubt in the mind of the tribunal, so therefore his innocent:confused:....zero weeks should apply?

He spat on the ground in the general direction of the other player. Other player said there was nothing in it yet still got two weeks. Go Figure

TIPS
Sth V MT Lilydale MTL by 10+goals (South proved last week they are no good against good sides
NB V BHN BHN by 2 goals
RICH V LTU LTU by plenty
HAM V SWIN Swin by 10 goals
AP V CHAD AP by plenty
EP V Kew Kew by 10 goals

bob 29305 is a muppet

THe fish1 could be correct. can he get a kick and prove the coach wrong??

Essendon District Football League (Oak Park) ALBERT PARK AFC Hayes, Ryan Approved 22/05/09 27/05/09

What is Scott Smith (STHM) guilty off:confused: was it spitting:confused: if so how come only two weeks, therefore there must have been some doubt in the mind of the tribunal, so therefore his innocent:confused:....zero weeks should apply?

He spat on the ground in the general direction of the other player. Other player said there was nothing in it yet still got two weeks. Go Figure

TIPS
Sth V MT Lilydale MTL by 10+goals (South proved last week they are no good against good sides
NB V BHN BHN by 2 goals
RICH V LTU LTU by plenty
HAM V SWIN Swin by 10 goals
AP V CHAD AP by plenty
EP V Kew Kew by 10 goals

bob 29305 is a muppet

tough luck to Scotty just a disapointing show by the panel.

And chops bit of credit to SOuth. Though struggling with injuries at the moment hopefully just get over the line. All others are close to the mark.

Did Bob get dropped after only one kick on the weekend???

Sth Mornington V MT Lilydale - The 5th spot may be fought out between these two sides and Swinbourne, So South win this they go two games clear of Lilydale, So massive game. South by 12 pts

North Brunswick V Box Hill North - NB to get up here at home. NB by 23pts

Richmond V LaTrobe Uni - Match of The Round. Richmond are going well but LaTrobe are the real deal, maybe better than Albert Park and will win here. LaTrobe by 30 pts.

Manningham V Swinbourne - Still not sure about Swinbourne, how good they are. Yaman is flying and will kick another bag here. Swinbourne by 65 pts.

Albert Park V Chadstone - Top V Bottom, Albert Park by 150+ pts

Eley Park V Kew - Again Kew far too good here, Kew by 100+ pts

And no MR CLEAN, i manage to keep my spot after a shocking game (wasnt the only one) and replacing my divit, haha.

And HoxChops is a Premature Ejaculator...

THe fish1 could be correct. can he get a kick and prove the coach wrong??

Essendon District Football League (Oak Park) ALBERT PARK AFC Hayes, Ryan Approved 22/05/09 27/05/09

looks like the big fish1 was wrong after Hayes, Ryan was named BOG for AP ressies. What a huge win by AP that was!!

"Eley Park V Kew - Again Kew far too good here, Kew by 100+ pts"

Um almost!!! nice call bob

Can anyone tell me what happened b/w South and Mt Lilydale. Results on web site say huge win by Mt. but ladder results say a draw??

"Eley Park V Kew - Again Kew far too good here, Kew by 100+ pts"

Um almost!!! nice call bob

Can anyone tell me what happened b/w South and Mt Lilydale. Results on web site say huge win by Mt. but ladder results say a draw??

Yeah i think i just missed that tip, i stand corrected then, good win by eley park, what happened to Kew, are they slipping, injuries??..

Mt Lilydale did beat south by 10 goals the ladder is obviously wrong.

Yeah i think i just missed that tip, i stand corrected then, good win by eley park, what happened to Kew, are they slipping, injuries??..

Mt Lilydale did beat south by 10 goals the ladder is obviously wrong.

hmmm - are kew slipping? do they have injuries? surely it could not be a simple case of Eley Park being a decent side. maybe a little better than the simpletons on this blog give them credit for. ask kew what they think. after what i saw - good luck to all who face the sharks at home. by the way i was there in a scouting capacity. i am not a shark by any means. but queitly impressed by their hardness at the ball. many options. funnily enough i'll be at la trobe next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back