D4 D4 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swinburne beat Chadstone by 15-20 goals or so in round one last year.... I'm sure they thought D4 would be a breeze.
You're probably right. But as we all know its a long season and you don't win premierships in april.
As for parkfootys question from what i know RC will be the in better half of the competition so as for a first up match they should provide a decent measuring stick of where you are at. :thumbsu:

I think the surprise there was that Swinburne only won by 20 goals and from that moment on new it might be a long season ahead.

Swinburne and North Brunswick are both sporting new Club rooms this season. It must have been tough for Swinburne playing out of shipping containers last season. They're playing group will be over the moon I imagine.

RC haven't played @ Allard Park for 3 years, so I'm not sure how their rooms have been in that time. Should be good to get in there... What are the new rooms like? My guess is similar to Eley Parks rooms?

Who has practice matches this week and the next two weeks, I believe many clubs are only playing one or two games given ground availability.

4 weeks this Sat until we get into it, bounce the ball ump:footy:

Who has practice matches this week and the next two weeks, I believe many clubs are only playing one or two games given ground availability.

4 weeks this Sat until we get into it, bounce the ball ump:footy:

RC playing intra-club this week, then Belgrave, then Laverton.

Here's my weekly list of 'Match of the Round' games. Should be some crackers.

Round 1 - Point Cook vs Richmond Central. Tough test for the Doggies first up. The Snakes should be there abouts this season, and if Point Cook can get within a few goals or win, should go on to make finals.

Round 2 - Box Hill North vs Eley Park. The local derby. Surely this one should have been saved for 'Rivalry Round'.

Round 3 - North Brunswick vs South Mornington. Two teams that will need every win the can get if they want to make the 5. I know early in the season, but a win here might be enough to give one team the momentum they need to get them over the line.

Round 4 - Monash Gryphons vs Point Cook. The only time these two sides meet I think. Grand Final Preview?

Round 5 - Richmond Central vs Eley Park. Seems to be a lopsided round. This was the closest match I could find, but would still expect the Snakes to win comfortably.

Round 6 - Swinburne Uni vs South Mornington. Should be a cracker on the tight St James' Park. First TV appearance of the new grandstand at StJP as well, perhaps tranfer to a night game with fireworks and pre game entertainment.

Round 7 - Monash Gryhons vs Richmond Central. Again 2 of what I expect to be the top 3 sides this year. 3rd TV appearance for Richmond will keep the sponsors happy.

Round 8 - Eley Park vs North Brunswick. A depleted Sharks outfit hosting the apparantly improving North Brunswick team.
Special Mention Reserves- Monash Gryphons vs Chadstone. BLOWOUT of the year! What should the spread be, I'd be happy to take Monash -149.5pts at this stage

Round 9 - Chadstone vs Box Hill North. I'd annoint this one the Jack Trengrove / Tom Scully Cup, but there's not draft.

Round 10 - Mt. Lilydale vs Monash Gryphons - Could be cold this time of year and the uni boys better be ready to run on the wide expanses.

Round 11 - Monash Gryphons vs Swinburne Uni - Traditional rivals in this grade, two 'perennial 'D3 clubs', both looking to win promotion back up.

Round 12 - Manningham Cobras vs North Brunswick. Another localish derby.

Round 13 - Swinburne Uni vs Eley Park. Closest game I could find in what appears to be another lop sided round

Round 14 - Richmond Central vs Point Cook. Second meeting for the year, an early finals preview

Riound 15 - Mt Lilydale vs Point Cook. The longest road trip in Division 4 history. How will they cope (or is Sth Mornington v Point Cook further?)

Round 16 - Manningham Cobras vs Chadstone. Most people's interest may be at other games by this point in the season, but these two will see this game as maybe their last realistic chance to get a win this season

Round 17 - North Brunswick vs Swinburne Uni. Two sides, on the cusp of the finals, fighting for that last spot

Round 18 - Chadstone vs Monash Gryphons. Monash gearing up for finals, Chadstone, trying to injure them.

Round 18 - Chadstone vs Monash Gryphons. Monash gearing up for finals, Chadstone, trying to injure them

C'mon mate, your better than that.... I'm sure chaddy will take the big losses and the point that they may not win a game, but to say they will snipe is wrong, they never have been like that and they're not going to start now.

C'mon mate, your better than that.... I'm sure chaddy will take the big losses and the point that they may not win a game, but to say they will snipe is wrong, they never have been like that and they're not going to start now.

Phamtom - Rooster is pretty much full of his own self importance. C'mon, he's got to be a bit of a flog to have come up with this doesn't he?

I want to know who's paying for his time?

Is the phantom heading back to the Chad this year?

You're right phantom. Chaddy boys are good blokes and didn't mean to imply that they'd be sniping anyone. I would expect them however to be pretty hard at the ball AND the man in Round 18, with no game next week. The uni boys probably trying to avoid any physical contact.

Also, I would love a competition where the side finishing last wins 4-5 games. I just can't see it happening this year. Chadstone should take heart from the way Richmond turned themselves around after a winless 2-3 years. Hopefuly they can do the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never mind who is financing my D grade journalistic career IFF. I will say I do need to fill in a lot of time sitting here at the computer, and what better way to do so than writing crap on BigFooty.

I have enjoyed some of your writings, but not sure you've got a magnificent journalistic career awaiting.

If you did manage to build a career from it, I'd be envious.

Don't stop writing you're crap - it offers something more interesting than work to while away the time....

Good to see more clearances coming through... Swinburne and South Morn are moving. NB and Manningham getting it done. Manninghams pick-ups seem especially good, considering the leagues their coming from.

Read in this weeks Melbourne leader that a synthetic turf surface is planned for point cook. Not sure if it is the home ground for our new friends in d4 though. Now we have some cookers online can any of them elaborate on this?

http://melbourne-leader.whereilive.com.au/news/story/afl-fake-turf-first-in-kensington/

I`m sure the Club will have a hand in getting use of the ground. Don`t know if any official games would be held their for seniors but juniors would be more likely.
I believe there is a pretty huge sporting precinct being put in at the bottom of Point Cook which will have 3 Footy grounds including the synthetic one, Soccer field, netball & Basketball & Baseball. Council say things will be completed quick But we all know Councils are full of promises that get put on the backburner for a year or two.
Would be nice to train on though.
Our ground at the FeatherBrook is a ripper and once the clubrooms are up it will be great to play on, its fantastic training on now, great surface.

You're right phantom. Chaddy boys are good blokes and didn't mean to imply that they'd be sniping anyone. I would expect them however to be pretty hard at the ball AND the man in Round 18, with no game next week. The uni boys probably trying to avoid any physical contact.

Also, I would love a competition where the side finishing last wins 4-5 games. I just can't see it happening this year. Chadstone should take heart from the way Richmond turned themselves around after a winless 2-3 years. Hopefuly they can do the same.

I don't know what clubs you have been involved with previously, but from my experience I dont think the prospect of finals the following week would affect anyones attack on the ball (or the man). Once the players cross the line no matter what week it is they should be focused on the job at hand. The coaching staff may feel differently though.
If the intra-club last wednesday night is anything to go by then I dont think Monash will be worrying about whether they get injured trying to win the footy, but will play hard and fair football as they attempt to get back to D3!!

I don't know what clubs you have been involved with previously, but from my experience I dont think the prospect of finals the following week would affect anyones attack on the ball (or the man). Once the players cross the line no matter what week it is they should be focused on the job at hand. The coaching staff may feel differently though.
If the intra-club last wednesday night is anything to go by then I dont think Monash will be worrying about whether they get injured trying to win the footy, but will play hard and fair football as they attempt to get back to D3!!

Good to hear from a Monash poster... Its been very quiet on that front.

Good to see more clearances coming through... Swinburne and South Morn are moving. NB and Manningham getting it done. Manninghams pick-ups seem especially good, considering the leagues their coming from.

On a serious front some disturbing news coming out of Manningham...keep your chin up boys, he'll need plenty of support.

On a serious front some disturbing news coming out of Manningham...keep your chin up boys, he'll need plenty of support.

The recent news about Tagsy has hit all at Cobraland hard, much loved by all his team mates, played in the D4 comp for 9 years, we appreciate the words of support from the competition.

Puts life/footy in perspective

The recent news about Tagsy has hit all at Cobraland hard, much loved by all his team mates, played in the D4 comp for 9 years, we appreciate the words of support from the competition.

Puts life/footy in perspective

Yes all the best to Tags. Has been one of Bulleens best over the years I've been around.

Hi all,
Tags is on the mend - very slow progress. He has woken from his coma, but there is a long road ahead. Thanks to all for the messages - I will copy them and put them on our forum as well so he and his family can have a look.
Thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back