D4 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't believe you but then I saw this.

Western Region Football League (WRFL)​
Point Cook AFC​
Moran, Justin​
Approved​
2013-02-01​
2013-02-12​

Well if he is a witches hat, he should be right to play south dragons then!

Good morning forum peanuts,

Don't you love March!

JP a ripping bloke and humble as well. Dragons will go very well if they have kept the spine of last years side together.

Hopefully the Dragons and Hawthorn belt the crap out of each other R1! Tipping the dragons will know how to take care of themselves coming from Southern..............

Good luck to all teams except Mt Lilydale. It still baffles me why they are hated by all????? :)

Harvey

Totally agree Harvey! But how are they going to take care of themselves if they came from soft crappy southern league lmao muahahahahahahahahaha

After all this talk i cant wait for round 1 to see hawthorn and southern dragons go head to head. Does anyone know if southerns dragon have any practice game before round 1? I'm interested to see which dragons are playing. Like you say the spine of the dragons is the key specially with captain pang and yap in the middle. Is yap to playing this year JP? I know he was iffy about chucken on the boots last year but if he is then he going to ****en rip this comp another A-whole! Muahahahaha gooooooo dragoonssssssssss :thumbsu:

i think table tennis should stick with table tennis ;) leave the sherrin to us real men and u can have the pingpong all to yourself muahahahaha

I don't usually respond to trolls, but that's a bit of an ironic statement given the heritage of most of our blokes!!

I don't usually respond to trolls, but that's a bit of an ironic statement given the heritage of most of our blokes!!

muahahahahahahaha well played sainterrr!!!! it was just a bit of banter with table tennis.. are you a senior player?

before watching the dragons, i must be honest i nevre thought a team of majority people of that heritage could play this glorious game but u have proved wrong. I am well and truly on da bandwagon that is THE MIGHTY SOUTHERN DRAGONS!!!!!! your team is inspiration to all people in autsralia to get involved in this glorious game!!!! :) you guys awesome :thumbsu:

Any news on hawthorns practicegame against lyndal or any others over the weekend??
watched dragons vs albert park at williamstown over the weekend. not sure about scoreline but dragons definitely got up. their pressure was topnotch and albert park looked slow and were outplayed. dragons were first to the contest and looked hungrier. not sure who number 21 is but he probably had 30+ quality touches and one of the biggest hits i've seen for a while, noone could touch him all day

watched dragons vs albert park at williamstown over the weekend. not sure about scoreline but dragons definitely got up. their pressure was topnotch and albert park looked slow and were outplayed. dragons were first to the contest and looked hungrier. not sure who number 21 is but he probably had 30+ quality touches and one of the biggest hits i've seen for a while, noone could touch him all day
damn wish i saw this game. from top of my head unless things have change from last year, that sounds like an average day at da office for yap. bald headed stocky unit in da middle with tatts? what league is albert park in?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

correction champ. albertpark were hungry, dragons werent. dragons are used to sfl intensity, pressure, speed, hard bodies so anythign contested seems hardcore "ooooo" in vafa. dragons had weak teams on the park apart from yap inclusion. albertpark looked cute in their witches hat uniform.

vafa d4 & d3 is crap crap crap. hawthorn lost to lyndale? hahahaha. lyndale is the laughing stock of the sfl. they finished LAST in sfl div3!!!

correction champ. albertpark were hungry, dragons werent. dragons are used to sfl intensity, pressure, speed, hard bodies so anythign contested seems hardcore "ooooo" in vafa. dragons had weak teams on the park apart from yap inclusion. albertpark looked cute in their witches hat uniform.

vafa d4 & d3 is crap crap crap. hawthorn lost to lyndale? hahahaha. lyndale is the laughing stock of the sfl. they finished LAST in sfl div3!!!
I am not sure which game u were watching mate.... Dragons were the far better team on the day!!!!

I am not sure which game u were watching mate.... Dragons were the far better team on the day!!!!

I am sayin dragons fielded weak teams with a couple of importnat players out but still cruised against albertpark.

Dragons should head back to SFL. them playing in VAFA d4 is stupid.

I am sayin dragons fielded weak teams with a couple of importnat players out but still cruised against albertpark.

Mate, you would want to be careful about getting into a debate about which comp is of better standard.
Bentleigh were in Div 2 (VAFA) when they moved across to the SFL and finished top 3 of Div 2 - doesn't say much about the standard.
Most VAFA Div 3 teams would account easily for Div 3 sides of the SFL.

I know that Dragons Prez got on here talking them down the other week - Maybe the supporters should do the same? Hawthorn beat Albert Park twice last year in D3 and only 5 games for the year with a side riddled with injuries, so I am not too sure you can take too much from preseason results.

Until the real stuff starts, you just never know; but I would be careful spruiking about witches hats and how crap the comp is when you have not even played a game yet!

Winning a few flags on their way up to more competitive divisions isn't all that stupid.

Mate, you would want to be careful about getting into a debate about which comp is of better standard.
Bentleigh were in Div 2 (VAFA) when they moved across to the SFL and finished top 3 of Div 2 - doesn't say much about the standard.
Most VAFA Div 3 teams would account easily for Div 3 sides of the SFL.

Every comp year is different and SFL D2 in 2012 was miles ahead of SFL D2 the previous year.

Tehre is now massive $$$ goin round. Bentleigh finishd with the same win/loss tally as fifth n sixth. they snuck in2 Finals on % and got knocked out in first week. Springy D with their ex-VFL and divvy1 players didn’t even make the Finals even tho they were in the big dance with almost the same team the previous year.

Youd also find that if an SFL all-star D3 team playd an all-star VAFA D3 team now, SFL would win by 30 goals. No exaggeration mate. Maybe VAFA D3 would have won a few years ago.

Lads, let’s talk about Vafa D4, which is what this thread is about!

There’s no point speculating about different comps and who would be better than who (and feeding this d*head troll who we now know is an SFL rep). Who cares! Who are we kidding?! At the end of the day, all of us just want a kick and enjoy doing it with our mates.

And to all those that are suggesting that it will be a cake-walk for the Dragons, that definitely won’t be the case! Every year is different (which is the only correct thing that Kangas dill has said), so we don’t know how other clubs have recruited or what their agendas are. At the end of the day, you can only play whoever is in front of you, so let’s enjoy it for what it is.

Enough talk about the Dragons. How are other clubs shaping up for R1?? I’ve heard the two Brunswick clubs have recruited well despite being surrounded by NFL powerhouses…

Laughing Stock hey? Yeah we finished last but it is a bit extreme to be throwing that term about. Certainly a much better sidethan in previous years. The match against Hawthorn was a great hit out as it was in 2012, great bunch of guys who played it hard but fair.
Kangbangpow what club are you from? If it is the Drsgons maybe assk one of you team mates or coach who were part of Lyndale what we are about.

As for the comparison between the grades I couldn't really offer too much but over the last few years we have taken on Hawthorn and also Eley Park and found ourselves competitive compared with the 'money' clubs in the SFL (throughout all the grades).......

Laughing Stock hey? Yeah we finished last but it is a bit extreme to be throwing that term about. Certainly a much better sidethan in previous years. The match against Hawthorn was a great hit out as it was in 2012, great bunch of guys who played it hard but fair.
Kangbangpow what club are you from? If it is the Drsgons maybe assk one of you team mates or coach who were part of Lyndale what we are about.

As for the comparison between the grades I couldn't really offer too much but over the last few years we have taken on Hawthorn and also Eley Park and found ourselves competitive compared with the 'money' clubs in the SFL (throughout all the grades).......
obviously clubs paying big bucks will attract better players, which would be a major reason why the dragons have joined VAFA even though they have a couple of players that would definitely get coin at other clubs.... i remember watching dragons vs lyndale a couple years a go and the pumas looked ok. wouldnt picture them being bottom of the table which surprising me. what happened to reed? he was a gun but i heard he went to jail....

I have addressed Dragons players long ago and they know better than shooting off on this forum. I know you guys are more than intellegent enough to understand that it is not in our club's interest to be spruiking here...VAFA is an unknown to us, that is a fact, we're looking forward to the Hawks in Rd 1. Furthermore, we have utter most respect to all of our opposition clubs, including Lyndale football club. Happy Easter guys. Go Dragons! JP

The SFL is a very average comp champ.The SFL div 1 comp team plays against the VAFA C-D4 team and has never beaten them.
Your practice match comparisons are rubbish as well,Hawthorn fielded half a reserves side and lost by 17 points.
I remember watching Hawthorn vs Ashwood who were division 2 SFL about 3 years ago.Hawthorn won by 100 points.

Southern Dragons will be to good for the D4 sides but VAFA rules means thy must start in the lowest grade.

On the morning of the match there was 6 missing, after the match there was 10 and now a few days later it was half a reserves side? Make up your minds.
Practice matches are just that and excuses don't have to be made when losses occur. By the way after quarter time when we were comfortably up by 4 goals we continually rotated the side making constant changes, gave 3 senior players an early shower at half time and we also have about 4 missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back