D4 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At last the season is upon us, so lets try get some tips?

Mt Lilydale v BHN
Blues v North Brunswick
Hawks v Dragons
Point cook v chadstone
Eley park v west Brunswick

I'm thinking all the home sides this week bar the blues to get up.

Making predictions for R1 is akin to throwing darts blindfolded. Every team is an unknown commodity. But for the sake of banter, I'm going to go with every AWAY team, bar Chaddy.

If I'm allowed to be biased though, I can say this with authority: Match of the Round - Hawks v Dragons!

Good luck all :)

Bring on Round 1! my tips are
Mt Lilydale v Box Hill by 4 goals
Blues v North Brunswick by 5 goals
Hawks v Dragons by 4 goals
Point cook v chadstone by 12 goals
Eley park v west Brunswick by 2 goals

Hawthorn vs Dragons is going to be a great game. We will soon find out how good the Dragons really are. I love the way they attack the leather and go about their footy. Really really looking forward to it!!!! Best of luck to all clubs. This season is shaping to be the most competitive n exciting d4 season for a long while :) :) :) :)

Bring on Round 1! my tips are
Mt Lilydale v Box Hill by 4 goals
Blues v North Brunswick by 5 goals
Hawks v Dragons by 4 goals
Point cook v chadstone by 12 goals
Eley park v west Brunswick by 2 goals

Hawthorn vs Dragons is going to be a great game. We will soon find out how good the Dragons really are. I love the way they attack the leather and go about their footy. Really really looking forward to it!!!! Best of luck to all clubs. This season is shaping to be the most competitive n exciting d4 season for a long while :) :) :) :)

Wouldn't be hard to beat last season for competitiveness... Wasn't it top 4 and daylight to 5th? Anyway... Good luck Dragons.

Round 1 Tips

Mt Lilydale vs Box Hill North - BHN by 1 goal
Northern Blues vs North Brunswick - NB by 4 goals
Hawthorn vs Dragons - HAW by 2 goals
Point Cook vs Chadstone - PC by 5 goals
Eley Park vs West Brunswick - WB by 3 goals

Reserves: BHN, NB, DRG, PC, EP

Hearing both Eley park and Point Cook have lost heaps, BHN struggling for numbers over preseason, and the two Brunswick sides have recruited very very well.

This one is down to Dragons and hawthorn, in what will be a April early preview Grand Final showdown.

My tips for this round are:

Mt.Lilydale by 19
North Brunswick by 100+
Dragons by 32
Chaddy by 12
West Brunswick by 2

Reserves: Mt.Lilydale, North Brunswick, Dragons, Point Cook, Eley Park

Don't underestimate the Dragons. They just may be the cream of D4 this year. They are putting 3 senior sides on the park, and depth counts for a lot.

Don't underestimate the Dragons. They just may be the cream of D4 this year. They are putting 3 senior sides on the park, and depth counts for a lot.

I'm not sure anyone is Waz, they seem to be most peoples pick at this stage, on this forum anyway.

Good luck Boys! Enjoy your footy tomorrow! I'm looking forward playing at Rathmines for the first time since I left the club to help start the Dragons in 2007. Will be great to see Dan, Clancy, Brrrrr, Prichard, Collins, Tyson and everyone else...even maybe Jacko....hahaha

Good luck all...!!!

Good luck Boys! Enjoy your footy tomorrow! I'm looking forward playing at Rathmines for the first time since I left the club to help start the Dragons in 2007. Will be great to see Dan, Clancy, Brrrrr, Prichard, Collins, Tyson and everyone else...even maybe Jacko....hahaha

Good luck all...!!!
JP, looking forward to having a beer with you but please belt living f*ck out of Hawthron. Would do everyone a favour......HW

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JP, looking forward to having a beer with you but please belt living f*ck out of Hawthron. Would do everyone a favour......HW

good luck to all teams for the upcoming season. i will be there to support my new favortie team and to witness Yap and his army of dragons belting the living f*ck out of Hawthorn! muahahaha should be a great game! CARN THE DRAGONS

Okay, here we go for Round 1.

Mt Lilydale vs Box Hill North
Hawthorn vs The Dragons
Point Cook vs Chadstone
Northern Blues vs North Brunswick
Elly Park vs West Brunswick
Manningham vs Bye

muahahaha...i hope you now realize d4 is not the cake walk you thought it was going to be.
I liked the way the dragons played today,hard at it and respectful when the game was over.
The Dragons will have a very successful year and be respected for their hardness at the footy,they don't need trolls carrying on like tools.

Dragons played crap crap crap. If they serve the poo they dished out on Satdy they will be in for a bloody long year. Who cares if the club is using the excuse that they were missing 3 of there best 5 players???

The forward line needs to sort themselves out. Everyone being hungry and having a ping from anywhere demonstrates a team that is selfish and think theyre champs already. Having TEN MORE scoring shots and still losing to a lower league vafa team is pathetic!! No disrespect towards hawthron but a full strength dragons team should easily account for any team in this divvy. the Coach and Leadership team need to re group and re group quickly.

Dragons played crap crap crap. If they serve the poo they dished out on Satdy they will be in for a bloody long year. Who cares if the club is using the excuse that they were missing 3 of there best 5 players???

The forward line needs to sort themselves out. Everyone being hungry and having a ping from anywhere demonstrates a team that is selfish and think theyre champs already. Having TEN MORE scoring shots and still losing to a lower league vafa team is pathetic!! No disrespect towards hawthron but a full strength dragons team should easily account for any team in this divvy. the Coach and Leadership team need to re group and re group quickly.

Good to see that the dragons losing on the weekend still has not stopped the rot coming :)

As for missing players show me a team that has absolutely all of their best 22 each week because I am sure every team could use that! But come on - Enough of this about them coming to a 'lower' league and dominating because it is clearly not the case.

From what I saw they were far from dishing up crap - They were hard at the ball, moved it quickly and you could say that the tackling and pressure from both sides caused the skills to be a little off, but both should be very competitive based on Saturday.

And what about some tips for round 2?

North Brunswick v Hawthorn
Box Hill North v Point Cook
Chadstone v Manningham
Dragons v Blues
West Brunswick v Mt Lilydale

Lol!

Are you being serious? It was a great game played in great spirits by both teams. Hawthorn had their patches where they were on top and the dragons had their patches of play where they dominated but just couldn't convert on the scoreboard. IMO the dragons should have won by at least 5 goals but couldnt kick straight and were undisciplined giving away silly free kicks which resulted in easy goals. As for them missing their top players, that's garbage! dragons had close to their best team on satdy. Yap dominated the midfield as per usual and had solid contribution from his mids who IMO won that battle. The dragons are the real deal so you have no idea what you're talking about gangbangpow!!!!!

Are you being serious? It was a great game played in great spirits by both teams. Hawthorn had their patches where they were on top and the dragons had their patches of play where they dominated but just couldn't convert on the scoreboard. IMO the dragons should have won by at least 5 goals but couldnt kick straight and were undisciplined giving away silly free kicks which resulted in easy goals. As for them missing their top players, that's garbage! dragons had close to their best team on satdy. Yap dominated the midfield as per usual and had solid contribution from his mids who IMO won that battle. The dragons are the real deal so you have no idea what you're talking about gangbangpow!!!!!

I know ive said some stupid stuff on here but I Know the team n club well. Obviously your not part of the club if your saying they had their best team!!! How can the 1s have their best team when they were playing 3s and 4s duds from last year on Satdy!!!!! Yes yap is a star but the clubs best player hint ex yarra valley didnt play as well as the two best in n under hardnuts. You always talk about yap pang n co but you dont seem to know about the clubs recruits from this or last year esp the SFL guns. Get your facts first b4 you talk junk matey!!! Wait 2,3 weeks time when the club is at full strength and then vafa wont know what hit em. Club also needs Tommy back he wld be comp bnf but obviously hes too good for vafa.

I know ive said some stupid stuff on here but I Know the team n club well. Obviously your not part of the club if your saying they had their best team!!! How can the 1s have their best team when they were playing 3s and 4s duds from last year on Satdy!!!!! Yes yap is a star but the clubs best player hint ex yarra valley didnt play as well as the two best in n under hardnuts. You always talk about yap pang n co but you dont seem to know about the clubs recruits from this or last year esp the SFL guns. Get your facts first b4 you talk junk matey!!! Wait 2,3 weeks time when the club is at full strength and then vafa wont know what hit em. Club also needs Tommy back he wld be comp bnf but obviously hes too good for vafa.

Obviously you are referring to D4 here?
It takes 30 odd players to be successful, so you better get used to these "duds" running around. They will play more than you expect.
Anyone would have thought you won your first game???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back