D4 D4 Section - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they really pick up Lowden.
Massive get if thats correct.
Was the best forward in the comp last year.

No surprise they have folded.

Did they really pick up Lowden.
Massive get if thats correct.
Was the best forward in the comp last year.

No surprise they have folded.

Saw there was a woman found dead murdered at their ground the other week. hasn't been a happy time down there.

Premiership just about in the bag now!

LOL that reverse jinx attempt. Still a few good sides in it like PC and Westbourne.

Big win for Manningham 1s today at South Mornington, unfortunately 2s couldn't get it done (The unavailability list still over 20 all up) but was a must win for the seniors. Chaddy also got a win in both 1s and 2s I see!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair to say it's been a sobering week for a lot of people. I played a handful of senior games with Ben but a heap of reserves game while he was captain. It's funny how you remember small things but I executed what I consider is my best ever kick in a match in a senior game against Elsternwick. I hooked it around the corner under pressure and spotted up Ben in the forward line. I was really proud of that kick and I'm glad Ben was part of it.

He took on the captaincy at a young age and did a great job. He was a jet on the ground and a really fun guy off it.

RIP

Commiserations to the other Cobras from all of us at Canterbury. I hope you do him proud this weekend.

Fair to say it's been a sobering week for a lot of people. I played a handful of senior games with Ben but a heap of reserves game while he was captain. It's funny how you remember small things but I executed what I consider is my best ever kick in a match in a senior game against Elsternwick. I hooked it around the corner under pressure and spotted up Ben in the forward line. I was really proud of that kick and I'm glad Ben was part of it.

He took on the captaincy at a young age and did a great job. He was a jet on the ground and a really fun guy off it.

RIP

He was the type of chirpy bloke that make footy club environments fantastic. Always taking the piss, talking up Brisbane & his own ability. To hear that he had bowel cancel was shocking, but to see how his friends rallied around him when he needed help was one of the more inspiring community minded actions that I've seen. He was a great guy to be around; no-one would ever be down for too long when Cooka was about. I know he fought hard, and for a brief moment there was a positive outlook, but the bastard disease didn't let go it's grip.

I saw a photo on FB on Friday & you could tell the end was close, but to get the message on Saturday morning that he'd passed was gut wrenching. He was too full of life for it to be taken so young. I hadn't seen him often since he'd left the Cobras, but even so I feel the loss enormously. It'll be sad to say farewell on Thursday.

Couple of crackers this week.
The 2 best sides to this point to fight it out.
Ryan Barker wont get much sleep tonight.
Has a massive job tomorow.
How are the boys tracking TT.
Is Hegz playing. Big game player.

Manningham could ignite their run to finals with a win tomorow. Haven't fired a shot this year and this game could be season over if they get done.
Plenty on the line for Parkside also.

Masala vs Mt Lilydale
South Mornington vs Westbourne
Box Hill North
vs Chadstone
Manningham vs Parkside
Point Cook vs Canterbury

Gees i loved yesterday. Calling dan penny every name under the sun and seeing ruck machine so fat. i even stayed one hour after the game kicking the footy on the ground. not one bloke had balls to come to my face. hey point cook see you next week.

I was waiting to buy you a beer in the rooms ... You didn't come in ... Why not?

Why would you buy me a beer ? Haha. why didn't you come outside. ? I was there all day.

Why wouldn't I buy you one? I have no hard feelings towards you.

I assumed a noted tough guy like you would have the courage to come into the rooms and say hello ... My mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back