D4 Section Ammos pt 1 (2005-2007)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: D4 Section Ammos

You have got to be kidding,you all sound like your in love with this guy hollywood,they didnt even win, hes a tool and so are all you football illiterate people.The talking piont next year will be how hollywood will go when he comes back to d4
Dude... Do you have any stalking charges against your name???

With a moniker like ihatehollywood you must, must have issues...

huru.

P.S Where did your club end up??

Just for you sadlife...

jessica_alba_1.jpg

1. from a happy sadlife. thank you :)
& 2. who will be the early picks for D4 premiers 2008? :confused:

Dont think it will be the Saints, i believe they will lose:

Papaluca, Gatehouse, Jedda(might go around again but doubt it).

Cant see Tadgell doing much without the support of these guys!!

I have no idea on the clubs coming down being, but from the sounds of things they will both be in the mix!!

My top 5 for next year

1) West Brunny (Premiers)
2) Kew
3) Saints
4) Albert Park
5) Richmond Centrals

St Mary's,
Mt Lilydale,
Kew,
BHN,
AP,
RC,
STH,
SM,
NB,
BC,

and

St Francis Xavier

Not sure whether you have actually ranked St Frances Xavier, but they will be strong

St Frances Xavier
St Mary's,
Mt Lilydale,
BHN,
Kew
AP,
RC,
STH,
SM,
NB,
BC,

I do not agree with everything btown is saying, but i can see where he is coming from.

I did see CH elbow a st marys defender to the head before half time of the second semi. And did see the incident with the uni player being kicked.
CH is a brilliant player but not the best role model.

I didnt rate his skills as a coach either for a few reason:

-one of the reasons uni beat etham 3 out of 4 games was because they had more avenues to goal. I cant believe such a great player would put so much pressure on him self by being the only way to goal.

-dont know if it was CHs fault or the coaching staff on the bench, but in the qual final, his brother (43) was played loose on the wing for a half and didnt touch it. Uni had Leach(40) on a 2 on 1 and he beat the two almost every time and that set up the win for uni.
There was no move made.

- eltham had two chances to change their game style to beat uni in the two finals, but never did. they were not hard enough, fit enough or smart enough.

It will be good to see if CH, with the help of the coaching staff, can turn it around next year because i think both etham and uni high can both be very competative next year.

all the best ZEROSEVEN

One of the reasons uni beat etham 3 out of 4 games was because they had more avenues to goal. I cant believe such a great player would put so much pressure on him self by being the only way to goal.

I agree.

In one of my very early posts this season I inquired as to why McClaren didn't play Seniors in Round 1. He kicked 60+ goals last season and was one of the main reasons for there success last season. I would've liked to have seem him play in the seniors all season and especially in the finals. He would've taken the 3nd best defender and he has the class to kick 5 against the better teams. McClaren would've taken the pressure off Hollywood allowing him to focus more on tactical changes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St.Mary's to merge with Salesian and go straight to D2, no chance of a D4 Premiership for them.

Phantom, beat me to it. Just heard the news myself as my son was at a 21st last night and Salesian guys were there. St Mays are keen to go straight to D2 which was the main sticking point in discussions with Syndal. If my other info is correct regarding Jedda going overseas, would not be surprised if Salesian coach of this gear ends up coaching the club.

Good luck to them, nobody wants to see any one fold, good 'Win Win' for both clubs, St Mary's young players will adjust quickly and mixed with a reasonable list of Salesian will do well - there goes any thoughts I had of picking up a few Salesian players.

Manny

Phantom, beat me to it. Just heard the news myself as my son was at a 21st last night and Salesian guys were there. St Mays are keen to go straight to D2 which was the main sticking point in discussions with Syndal. If my other info is correct regarding Jedda going overseas, would not be surprised if Salesian coach of this gear ends up coaching the club.

Good luck to them, nobody wants to see any one fold, good 'Win Win' for both clubs, St Mary's young players will adjust quickly and mixed with a reasonable list of Salesian will do well - there goes any thoughts I had of picking up a few Salesian players.

Manny

Manny

Jedda is not going overseas, you have both coaches around the wrong way!

Manny

I reckon there would still be a good chance a few aren't going to stay, from all reports most are happy with this merge but i would still say some aren't sure about it, its a clicky group and if you get one or two ring leaders you'll get most of them.

I reckon there would still be a good chance a few aren't going to stay, from all reports most are happy with this merge but i would still say some aren't sure about it, its a clicky group and if you get one or two ring leaders you'll get most of them.

Does anyone know what the timeframe for this sort of thing would be?

Obviously the VAFA would need to rubber stamp the change within the timeframes of admitting other teams to the comp & preparing draws etc. Is there anything else that would need to happen?

Obviously the VAFA would need to rubber stamp the change within the timeframes of admitting other teams to the comp & preparing draws etc. Is there anything else that would need to happen?
Slightly over jealous me thinks ... the only that really needs to happen is a possible name change in D2 to the relevant club and notification that D4 will be minus one team. Not that big a deal.

InFine Form,

I know from when we met VAFA over the proposed Syndal - Salesian merg it didn't sound like it was too complicated - where the difficulty will be is getting it through AGMs. Salesian not an issue, but St Mary might be differant depending on what they are prepared to give away (e.g. name change, jumper). As a merged club would both have to wind up operations officially and reform as a new club identity?...this was a proposal put to Syndal, which was not going to happen.

With one new team wanting to come in, should not cause too many issues, but as I stated before the challenge will be at AGM.

Manny

Now u guys are talking some real sense how many teams do you see win a flag with one avenue to goal,i dont play in the ammos but ive seen a couple of his games and hes hungry

I don't even play D2 or D4 ammos, but after reading these posts, how could any club knock back an opportunity to jump 2 divisions in a pre-season?! Particularly if ur sitting in D4. Lucky buggers! Good luck to both.

I don't even play D2 or D4 ammos, but after reading these posts, how could any club knock back an opportunity to jump 2 divisions in a pre-season?! Particularly if ur sitting in D4. Lucky buggers! Good luck to both.

There is a small question of club identity & history which is a mountain to climb for some clubs. Mergers are very rarely smooth sailing. And that's not even in the first year.... It can linger for some time..

I agree, good luck to them, but there will nearly always be some residual fallout from the change. Someone gives up their name, someone their jumper, players walk, committee's fracture & there is a massive amount of work that goes on in the background that plenty of players are never aware of. It's not as easy as signing some papers & over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back