D4 Section Ammos pt 1 (2005-2007)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: D4 Section Ammos

cats35 said:
King Cobra, I see you and your fellow Cobras are in fine form. Looked at your draw for the next 6 weeks. Playing all 3 teams in the 4. Dreams about a top 2 finish could be shattered. With all you boys pumping up the Cobras some might say you are trying to bluff your opposition. Only time will tell.

well when things are travelling as good as they are done here at the cobras its hard for us not to get exicted!!!! cookson30 has been walking around with half a mongrel for 2 weeks now thats how exicted he is.

on a more serious note at least we will know where we are at after those games.

King Cobra..
I think that most of the division knows exactly where u are at..and you will probably stay there!

Don't get too serious on me KC. I always look forward to mixing it up with you. Point taken though, the next few weeks for the Cobras will be huge.

I also hope Cookson30 is having cold showers after the game to settle down his one eyed trouser snake or is he getting a special rub down post match

I see you boys at Bulleen had a loss. whats your run home like?, are you still a chance to make the 4?

Hudson 26 said:
I see you boys at Bulleen had a loss. whats your run home like?, are you still a chance to make the 4?

Yer we can still make it but cant drop another i wouldnt think. Boxhill has a better run home than us.

King_Cobra said:
Yer we can still make it but cant drop another i wouldnt think. Boxhill has a better run home than us.

I agree with King Cobra. It was a setback, but not a season ending loss. Currently sitting 5th one game outside the four. Cobra's playing 4th this coming week for a spot in the four.

Box Hill North may have a slightly easier run home. The Cobras run home was considered tough, but Eltham seem to have slipped over the last couple of weeks and the Cobras playing Eltham at Bulleen should be a huge chance for a Cobras win. Likewise with the Cobras playing Hawthorn at Bulleen.

Should be a cracking finish to the season with regards to the battle for 4th spot as any team that makes the four at seasons end would be a chance for the flag given the even competition this season.

KC, Obviously a disappointing loss on Saturday. I hope this means you won't go into your shell. You boys were very confident last week but seems you don't have too much to say today.

Let's hope for your sake you guys hang in there as the last game against Eltham could be the match of the season. Big few weeks ahead.

cats35 said:
KC, Obviously a disappointing loss on Saturday. I hope this means you won't go into your shell. You boys were very confident last week but seems you don't have too much to say today.

Let's hope for your sake you guys hang in there as the last game against Eltham could be the match of the season. Big few weeks ahead.

lot of disapointed guys down here at the moment. loss has made it very hard for us now, big game this week against boxhill to keep the season alive.

KC, Some big games this week. Obviously a huge day for both BHN and the Cobras. Let's not forget Eltham who come up against Hawthorn who are hitting form at the right time. 3 losses in a row and they could slip to 3rd. Maybe the season is catching up to the young Eltham brigade but if they get through this test then a top 2 finish is all but sewn up.

cats35 said:
KC, Some big games this week. Obviously a huge day for both BHN and the Cobras. Let's not forget Eltham who come up against Hawthorn who are hitting form at the right time. 3 losses in a row and they could slip to 3rd. Maybe the season is catching up to the young Eltham brigade but if they get through this test then a top 2 finish is all but sewn up.

yes the turtles looking very shaky the last couple of weeks. they must be very disapointed at losing to power house and hawthorn are travelling as good as anyone. lets hope the turtles get up this week because i could think of a worse bunch of blokes to win a flag if hawthorn were to win it.....As for us versus the boys from boxhill well there is no bigger game this year than this and i know they would have great pleasure in putting our finals hopes to rest. be worth a look if ur in the area cats35..... or even better u could come to our big $$$$$ draw on sunday for just $25 with 1/2 price drinks all day......Sorry thought it would be a good chance for a cheap plug!!!!!!!!!

King_Cobra said:
yes the turtles looking very shaky the last couple of weeks. they must be very disapointed at losing to power house and hawthorn are travelling as good as anyone. lets hope the turtles get up this week because i could think of a worse bunch of blokes to win a flag if hawthorn were to win it.....As for us versus the boys from boxhill well there is no bigger game this year than this and i know they would have great pleasure in putting our finals hopes to rest. be worth a look if ur in the area cats35..... or even better u could come to our big $$$$$ draw on sunday for just $25 with 1/2 price drinks all day......Sorry thought it would be a good chance for a cheap plug!!!!!!!!!
Good to see the Cits have maintained their reputation as they have slipped down the grades.

Couple of hefty suspensions handed out by the VAFA tribunal last night to 2 North Brunswick reserves players. 5 weeks for threatening an umpire and 8 weeks for striking. Rumour has it that the entire NB reserves side initially refused to come out after half time they felt the Hawthorn umpire was so blatantly biased.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

KC, Obviously Hawthorn don't have many fans throughout the lower grades. Played them a few years ago and they got a bit personal with me but would not take up my offer of a chat behind the rooms after the game. Like your cheap plug. Buy me a couple of tickets and i'll pay you back. PROMISE.

Good luck Saturday
PS. even though i'm enjoying the friendly banter I had you pencilled in as my arch enemy. Would appreciate a PUSSY call now and then

Ratfink said:
Couple of hefty suspensions handed out by the VAFA tribunal last night to 2 North Brunswick reserves players. 5 weeks for threatening an umpire and 8 weeks for striking. Rumour has it that the entire NB reserves side initially refused to come out after half time they felt the Hawthorn umpire was so blatantly biased.

That does not surprise me 1 bit. Any unpire the tries to provide a stat. dec. to the tribunal justifying y a hawthorn player eye gauged another player should be banned from umpireing any game.

It's no surprise that Hawthorn aren't liked by anybody, they have maybe 2 or 3 people at their whole you could consider likeable. Unfortunately they are in the best form of any team at the moment by quite a margin.

And yeah, their twos umpire is a tosser of the highest order.

Squeak said:
It's no surprise that Hawthorn aren't liked by anybody, they have maybe 2 or 3 people at their whole you could consider likeable. Unfortunately they are in the best form of any team at the moment by quite a margin.

And yeah, their twos umpire is a tosser of the highest order.

Does that Jacko Wa%^ker still play for Hawthorn, I played on him a couple of times a few years back and no one comes close to him in the Tosser stakes.

The umpiring situation will never go away. Its bloody hard to find good umpires. I am sure many on this site would remember Johnny salter. He was umpiring with us at the centrals for a couple of years, umpired at a couple of other clubs in D4 before this. We knew he was not a very good umpire but he did his best. We tried everything to get other people to do it but it was either have johnny, forfiet(which most sides did not want because we meant % for them) or play with 1 ump. I umpired a few games and until you do it you do not realise what a hard thankless job it is. I tried to be as fair as possible. The worst thing is if you make sure your not biased you risk giving a few against your own side that are not there and they give it to you worst then the opposition do. You just can't expect clubs to provide good umpires in the 2s when the ammos can't even provide good umps in the 1s

For what its worth johnny did his best and for a bloke that age to still be running around you have to take your hat off I reckon. He is a terrific bloke.

ant22 said:
Does that Jacko Wa%^ker still play for Hawthorn, I played on him a couple of times a few years back and no one comes close to him in the Tosser stakes.

The umpiring situation will never go away. Its bloody hard to find good umpires. I am sure many on this site would remember Johnny salter. He was umpiring with us at the centrals for a couple of years, umpired at a couple of other clubs in D4 before this. We knew he was not a very good umpire but he did his best. We tried everything to get other people to do it but it was either have johnny, forfiet(which most sides did not want because we meant % for them) or play with 1 ump. I umpired a few games and until you do it you do not realise what a hard thankless job it is. I tried to be as fair as possible. The worst thing is if you make sure your not biased you risk giving a few against your own side that are not there and they give it to you worst then the opposition do. You just can't expect clubs to provide good umpires in the 2s when the ammos can't even provide good umps in the 1s

For what its worth johnny did his best and for a bloke that age to still be running around you have to take your hat off I reckon. He is a terrific bloke.

Jacko is still around and still makes it very difficult for I'm sure even his own teammates to appreciate his existence.

Is Johnny that 104-year-old man who umpired Richmond games until about a year ago? It was fun playing when he was umpiring because you never knew what would happen!

Squeak said:
Jacko is still around and still makes it very difficult for I'm sure even his own teammates to appreciate his existence.

Is Johnny that 104-year-old man who umpired Richmond games until about a year ago? It was fun playing when he was umpiring because you never knew what would happen!

Its funny you say that because when I played on him he tried to swing a couple and I just laughed and said "even your own team mates don't like you" I looked at one of his team mates to which he replied "No comment"

Yer thats johnny, shaky we used to call him. He really is a great bloke who would do anything for the footy club.

King_Cobra said:
just wandering if anyone knows who the guy from nth brunswick hit to gets his 8 weeks?

Having watched all of the Hawks v NB match, I am not surprised that the guy copped 8 weeks. He ran 10-15m to hit the Hawks forward and suceeded in breaking his nose pretty badly, then pushed the trainers away when they went out.

As for the umpire, he was doing the game on his own (NB didn't have one) and copped a fair bit of stick from NB - certainly not the worst umpiring I've seen in D4 ammos. The guy who got reported for threatening him had refused to leave the ground on a yellow card after he ran alongside the umpire abusing him after a free kick. When he was warned by the ump, he told him that if he wanted him off the ground he'd have to come over and carry him off - and that he'd be killed trying. All of this was heard from behind the coaches box, so I can kinda see where the tribunal was coming from with these clowns.

Has anyone else had much trouble with NB this season?

They weren't too bad with us this year but we have had trouble with them most times we play them. I think at least 1 NB player has been yellow carded in every game we've played against them in the last 4 seasons!

Has anyone else had much trouble with NB this season?[/quote]

Found them quite good this season, alot better than in past years!!!!!

But if the umpiring was as bad as what it was against us im not surprised that with the few hot heads that NB do have that they reacted the way they did. This in no means condones there actions. But the hawthorn umpire does let his players get away with alot of behind the play stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back