D4 Section Ammos pt 1 (2005-2007)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: D4 Section Ammos

Haha yeah he's a copper so he's used to being in a position of authority. We don't like your bloke very much, but he does a good job for the most part.

That umpire for Box Hill on the weekend is an ex 1st div. ump in the Southern Footy league.
From what I've seen he would crap all over most senior umps at all levels in VAFA. He umpires with common sense. And yes I have been a resi ump in the past and it certainly gives you a different perspective on how difficult the job is. I was amazed how many times a player would block my view of the play at the crucial moment.
The Hawthorn lad is not the worst I've seen in my travels but he can be very tolerant with the brown and gold and not so with the other colors.

Hey King Cobra, saw you start well on Sat, it appears you did the job all the way. Certainly put new life into the race for 4th spot in D4.
Albert Park were well pleased with you guys.
Even the Syndal chaps are keeping faint hope of slipping in the back door after a return to good footy on Sat.
Squeak, can't get a handle on your form in the resies. Think you are going to be hard pushed to 'squeak' into the September stuff now.

Oh in the 2s we'll have to win every game from now on and hope for other results. We really needed to beat Bulleen as that would've put us 1 win out of the 4 with a handy percentage break on the pack. My pick is Albert Park to take 4th spot in the 2s, they are travelling beautifully at the moment.

In the seniors I still think we'll make it, should only lose the game to Powerhouse and win the rest but of course the other teams won't be taken lightly, especially Albert Park who again are lifting a couple of notches at exactly the right time.

The NB player that rightfully copped 8 weeks didn't actually turn up to the tribunal to defend himself so I'm sure that added to his penalty.
As far as that Hawthorn reserves ump goes, he's certainly not the worst I've seen this year. I think some people need to realise that this bloke isn't a professional umpire and he's officiating in the reserves of lowest div in the comp. You can't expect too much.
On a lighter note, anyone brave enough to tip a reserves and seniors Flag double?

North Brunswick Football Club is also on report for making death threats to that umpire and the results of the investigation will be heard tomorrow night at the tribunal. The NB soccer club was thrown out of their league 2 years ago, and most of the trouble makers from that club are now playing footy for them, so will be interesting to see if they get the same treatment.

Fosters said:
The NB player that rightfully copped 8 weeks didn't actually turn up to the tribunal to defend himself so I'm sure that added to his penalty.
As far as that Hawthorn reserves ump goes, he's certainly not the worst I've seen this year. I think some people need to realise that this bloke isn't a professional umpire and he's officiating in the reserves of lowest div in the comp. You can't expect too much.
On a lighter note, anyone brave enough to tip a reserves and seniors Flag double?

i will take an unbias opion on this and say Eltham in the 2s and in 1s i hate to say it Hawthorn.....

Hey KING, Think you blokes will make the finals? who you got in your run home?

arvosjunior said:
i play for eltham and we will win the flag by an absolute street in 1's and 2's

In present form the turtles 1s will be lucky to make it...Unother elsterwick of 2004 coming up i think!!!!!!

Fosters said:
Hey KING, Think you blokes will make the finals? who you got in your run home?

It will be disapointing to miss if we do having beaten boxhill twice this year quite easily.....with our run home if we make it we will be a real chance of taking it out as we play all three teams ahead of us....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Squeak said:
Haha yeah he's a copper so he's used to being in a position of authority. We don't like your bloke very much, but he does a good job for the most part.

We dont like him much either.......lol

King_Cobra said:
It will be disapointing to miss if we do having beaten boxhill twice this year quite easily.....with our run home if we make it we will be a real chance of taking it out as we play all three teams ahead of us....
Tough run home. I think you blokes are a better side than box hill though unfortunately I can't see you beating any of the top 3. I think they might just be a bit better than the rest.

Fosters said:
Tough run home. I think you blokes are a better side than box hill though unfortunately I can't see you beating any of the top 3. I think they might just be a bit better than the rest.

Ithink we will beat eltham at home in round 18 which could be the game of the year for D4 and i also like our chances against hawthorn at home but will be a tough ask against powerhouse at there ground but if we do get up we will be right in the mix....Albert park is a lot better team than boxhill and should beat them and boxhill should also lose to powerhouse so it will be a great race to the final spot in the 4.

arvosjunior said:
no chance of beating us (eltham) and i wish you luck against hawthorn

come on avro name the guys u think are being paid at bulleen because i am very interested to know. private message me if u dont want to name them on the forum.

I certainly agree with your comments regarding the Hawk's reserves umpire. He's by no means the worst running around D4 - something reinforced by the fact he's umpired at least 3 times (that I've seen) by himself. Other clubs are quick to complain, yet can't supply an umpire themselves....

Regarding the NB investigation, it will be very interesting to see if the VAFA are prepared to take a stand against this sort of behaviour and take some significant action

On a lighter note, anyone brave enough to tip a reserves and seniors Flag double?[/quote]

Seniors - have to say Hawks, don't think they're good enough in the reserves though - Eltham are my pick (outran and out played the Hawks last weekend)

arvosjunior said:
yet another report in a nth brunswick game...... what a suprise

Have a good look Arvo's... It wasn't a Nth Brunswick player that got reported, it was a Syndal player. Good to see those jerks get a $500 fine though... They'll be lucky to find 500 cents. Carn the House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back