News Dale Thomas: Going, going, **OFFICIALLY** gone! (Please, don't feed trolls)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I think about, the more I think it's pretty bloody disappointing. He's been the most popular pies player by a mile for 8 years and now he's just given a massive "**** you" to the whole club and its supporters.

It's bloody disappointing to say the least.

This is exactly what pisses me off about it all. People I know keep saying to me "people leave their jobs all the time because they hate their boss, or for more money and this is no different" but to me it IS different but it seems only that way for us supporters, for players now that they have FA it is just like a job.

For Melbourne it would have been an outstanding success. With the list we have, even taking injuries into account, our season was very poor. It was a failure of a season - a dismall failure in fact which culminated in a final that remined me of the 2003 GF. Poor leadup, poor selection, poor tactical response and poor post match by the coach.

The way the players competed and comments made publicly through the year were CLEAR evidence of internal issues and that is catagorically backed up by the post season. I don't see how any of that can be debatable other than if you are clouded by bias and loyalty. Fault and rectification are debatabe, the existance of significant internal issues are not.

2013 was an unmitgated failure for Collingwood and why the hell 80,000 members aren't angry as hell would have me confused if I didn't expect it based on our medicrity embrassing history over half a centurty. When we fail we simply redefine failure to exclude our results. That's why we fail so often.

One would wonder why you follow a club which you consider to be continually failing. Perhaps you're one of those people who are only happy when it rains, seems to be a few around these boards.
Failure is clubs like Melbourne, we are a successful club but we can't win the ****ing flag every year ffs. This year was probably worse than it should've been, but to call it a failure is just plain pessimistic.
Injuries played a part in our downfalls, I don't give a **** what you think about that - it's fact. But some people may see some optimism about the season because due to these injuries we blooded plenty of promising talent, and we saw the emergence of probably our best ruck propect since Monkhurst (likely to be better than him too).
And really, do you think it's completely Buckley's fault that a small handful of players (who all happen to be in the same clique) won't buy into whatever he's selling, when the other 40-odd players will? That's a load of crap. I don't see Swan sooking about it and asking for a trade, he might be a lout but he's also a professional and not a whiny little bitch. Had one of his best seasons ever, all under Buckley.

It's not an inflated offer. It is an offer, that happens to be more than ours. How do you know ours isn't the 'deflated' offer?

And talk of Thomas 'holding the club to ransom' (another poster) is ridiculous. It is the club's choice. They are not forced to pay. If they don't want to pay then they don't need to. It is as simple as that.

It's inflated, no two ways about it and Carlton know it.
All FA's will hold their current clubs to ransom. It goes "but look what the other blokes are offering." The clubs says they can't pay and they have to let him go.

Anyone who saw Thomas in action for the last time, which was down at Sandringham would not have that gut feeling.

He went hard at one contest, ONE CONTEST, and was never seen from again. He has always been a burst player, and intense player who goes 100% at every contest he could yet when he tried that 2 minutes into his comeback game he broke down again.

I'm just going of what my own eyes saw but the "old Dale Thomas" is dead as a footballer, he will have to entirely change the way he plays football if he wants to last one more year, let alone 4 more seasons.

I won't hold back with my thoughts now he is no longer a Pies player, he's done, cooked, career over as far as the elite Dale Thomas we all knew and loved back in 2010-2011 is concerned.

A four year deal is a club being irresponsible, that's clear to see now.

Is it wrong that I kind of hope that is true?

If our list is so great ...

(1) Why did we play 6 rookies last season? (Dwyer, Martin, Frost, Oxley, Mooney, Hudson)

(2) Why did we give 40 players senior games last season? (A club record, surely?)

The reasons could be form, injuries, whatever, doesn't matter. But let's be honest, any team with those two key stats isn't going to have a very good season.
To be frank, I have no idea why we played Mooney, he's the worst player to play a senior game for Collingwood for a hell of a long time. He's what the rookie list is made for though. he may be a payer in time but he is nowhere near ready to come off it.

As for the others, they represent differring individual circumstances. Hudson was a clear replacement for an injured Jolly which is exactly why he was on the rookie list. He's evidene of the quiality of the list not the other way around. smart insurance. It's not like he is/was a dud when he played. The emergence of Grundy has now allowed Jolly to be exited. Good move IMO.

Dwyer simply played because his form warranted it. We started with a strong senior list with the best depth we've probably ever had and Dwyer come on and strenthened it. The others you can debate but debuting players off the rookie list is neither here nor there. The rookie list is now just an extension of the main list. The more you get from it the better your list actuialy is. We won a flag with a lot of promoted rookies - 1 of which was the captain.

I don't see how rotating new players through the sub and last couple of spots in the 22 means the list isn't of quality. We've been doing that by and large for 5 years and last year was the only time we had a really poor season in all that. As I keep saying IMO the season was impacted by the relationship between the players and coach and the idiotic attempt to change a premiership winning culture amonst some of the best players in the comp.

Yes we had injuiries and yes that explains some of the form issues but as I keep saying we played well below our level for the players we had on the park. Some of them perhaps shouldn't have been on te park but selection and non selection is another matter.

I see Thomas leaving is him choosing the best option for his career. He wants a long term contract because he has doubt over his ankle, and if Carlton are willing to pay for it, then fair enough, go to Carlton.

However, I still hate you Thomas :( Carlton of all places ffs.

I'll be crossing my fingers, that your ankle is gone and will ruin your career Daisy. It's not personal, just business. (maybe a little personal).

Nick Maxwell confirming that Thomas is gone and we wont match the offer.

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/denis-w...ted-over-daisys-departure/20131004-2uz5n.html

Maxwell told Denis Walter it was difficult for supporters to see good players go but said the Pies have also benefited under the new free agency rules.
“Last year we had Quinten Lynch and Clinton Young and Jordan Russell and all these guys came across, so that was exciting for our club and for our players," he said.

Does Maxy think the supporters are brain dead imbeciles?

Maxwell told Denis Walter it was difficult for supporters to see good players go but said the Pies have also benefited under the new free agency rules.
“Last year we had Quinten Lynch and Clinton Young and Jordan Russell and all these guys came across, so that was exciting for our club and for our players," he said.

Does Maxy think the supporters are brain dead imbeciles?

I think he is trying to get across to the ones that are.

Although it's different because those players came to us in search for bigger opportunity whereas Thomas has left for money and a guaranteed future I guess.

My sister bought me a framed/signed daisy wall hanger for my 40th last year, got me ****ed what to do with the bloody thing now:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My sister bought me a framed/signed daisy wall hanger for my 40th last year, got me ****** what to do with the bloody thing now:(

Expensive dart board?

My sister bought me a framed/signed daisy wall hanger for my 40th last year, got me ****** what to do with the bloody thing now:(

Hold onto it but file it away somewhere out of sight until you are at least 60.

Do whats right and smash the bloody thing!

And once you're done post a picture on here please.

One would wonder why you follow a club which you consider to be continually failing. Perhaps you're one of those people who are only happy when it rains, seems to be a few around these boards.
Please do not use that smartarse shit with me. I've followed Collingwood from my earliest memories. Ive been to every Vic final we've played in since 1977. I buy 2 legends memberships and 2 kids reserved seat memberships every year. I follow Collingwood whether we succeed or fail. I am not making a busines decicion each year based on an expected win/loss or premiership return I made an emotional decision a long time ago and I would not change that for anything.

That does not make me a cheerleader and I bloody well wish we had about half a million less chearleaders among our 1m supporters and half a million more demanding supporters. I gurantee you we would be a much more sucessful club and we would have been run aground by egos far fewer times over the last half century.

Failure is clubs like Melbourne, we are a successful club but we can't win the ******* flag every year ffs.
2 in more than half a century and both times we (figuratively of course) killed ourselves. Hawthorn are a successful club. Everyone else is either wishing or living in the past. We succeed at lots of things. All of those things are a means to an end and we fail at that end. That we don't fail as badly as Melbourne is true enough abut it is exactly what I mean by us redefining ourselves out of mediocrity. Melbourne are not the measure. They are actually as far away from any measure as they could possibly be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back